The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Interestingly, the word I chose rhymes with the element "boron," but the bunch of stars it became works better.

In closing: Shut up and grow up. This is the whineiest, most entitled bunch of brats to ever make up a gaming community I've ever had the displeasure of reading. You should feel ashamed of yourselves, but you're too narcissicistic to know what shame is.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I refuse solidarity on this because you're all a bunch of ****.

but this is true for both iOS and android users ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • when there are some free goodies than it should be for ALL users! Doesn't matter if on ios or android ....
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Just saying, this is probably the last straw for a lot of people. EA would be wise not to make us mad considering we make up a very large portion of their player base.

What is WRONG with you people? Don't you ever think about ANYTHING before you grab your torch and pitchfork?

Apple users make up the majority of the market here.

Android wants to increase its market share.

Android pays for a giveaway to entice its users to the game and help retain its users already in the game.

That's it. That's the end of the conspiracy. That's as deep as it goes. A company wanted a thing so they paid for it. Another company didn't want a thing so they didn't pay for it. God, grow the hell up...

So you are ok with a company accepting a bribe and not caring for most of their player base. Yes by this logic EA are business genius' for **** off over half of the players that play one of their best revenue streams.
  • Grand scheme of things, none of this matters. But if you play this game and post in this forum why would you not advocate what's best for everyone rather than trolling? Why else are you here?
  • leef wrote: »
    Zooey wrote: »
    They won't release an iOS event anytime soon. Otherwise, Google (the company) will be paying for a service that competitors would be getting for free. This is strictly business and honestly, I have no problem with it.

is this comming from an iOS or an android user?

I can't speak for her, but I'm an iOS user. Everyone here is being a whiney little baby with poopy diapers.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Odin_Noah wrote: »
    And then Im going to relentlessly swap our ranks around with my droid team so you dont have to carry all those fleet tokens and crystals around. I know you already got your new 7* and 10 mil credits and they are already so heavy.

you go girl !
  • Ethically bound? Why is it ethics? It's a phone game. Yes, I'm the one who can't make a valid arguement.
  • How do you know it's coming back?
  • While I agree it's a bad show of EA, I completely understand it. Google presumably gave EA a bag of cash for this event in order to promote their OS/ecosystem. Essentially, owning an Android phone gives you an advantage, in the same way that laying down hard cash for crystals gives you an advantage. In the case of Android, you just happen to have someone else (directly) footing the bill.

What is definitely on EA, and why this makes this a rather strange campaign by Google, is the no crossplatform play. How hard can it be to link an account to both Google Play and Apple Gamecenter? The reason this affects Google, is because iPhone players who might rush out to buy an Android phone just to get in on this, and future, promotions, will lose all their in-game progress, which makes the entire deal not worth it in the first place.
  • A complete f you to ios users .... NOT HAPPY
  • Because "best for everyone" is a meaningless, stupid platitude. It sounds great, but it means NOTHING when it comes to a video game like this. Do I want free things? Yeah, sure, why not--give me all the things. I don't care.

Am I going to be upset when users of one platform get something that users of the other platform don't? No. Maybe I should be using that other platform. THAT IS THE POINT OF THE PROMOTION.

It's like being angry because a game is X-Box exclusive.
  • Can I trademark iOSism?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    They won't release an iOS event anytime soon. Otherwise, Google (the company) will be paying for a service that competitors would be getting for free. This is strictly business and honestly, I have no problem with it.

I can't speak for her, but I'm an iOS user. Everyone here is being a whiney little baby with poopy diapers.

nothing new ;)
    But you've gotta admit that it's easier to be "okay" with this kind of marketing if you're on the receiving end.
  • iOS user and I don't care. Good going to all android users, enjoy your exclusive gift.
    Don't mind that Google paid EA/CG accepted a promotion even thought they very well knew it would cause a furore in the forums this close to Christmas and rogue one release. They made their choice, let them face the consequences.
    But by god if they had one shred of decency left they would grow a pair and announce to the player base they were doing this beforehand.
  • Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Zach325 wrote: »
    They knew releasing this it would be extremely unfair. From the datamine I don't see any special event for iOS coming anytime soon. What's the reason EA? Don't just hide like you always do...give us a statement as to why this happened. As an iOS user I'm **** that I don't get 1000 free crystals, omegas, credits, oh yeah AND A NEW CHARACTER. I'm **** about that, but the fact that EA hasn't said anything regarding the issue ticks me off more. You knew this would cause people to flip their ****, but you still let it happen. Really disappointed EA.

Here I'll make it simple for you because apparently you're incapable of thinking.

Google paid for this promotion. Apple does not care about its users. Good day

This game is cross-platform, dude. You can't just take money from anyone, not even google, to benefit half of a server's population.

They take money from people (players) all the time to benefit that player over others who don't pay. That's the entire business model.
  • Plokoon187 wrote: »
    Ethically bound? Why is it ethics? It's a phone game. Yes, I'm the one who can't make a valid arguement.

Exactly, it's a revenue stream to EA. They don't care what outlet this game is, it could be a clothes line for all they care. As a business they are bound to an ethical code of morality to be fair and unbiased. Accepting a bribe is wrong for any business in any context and EA have accepted one so blatantly from Google.
  • Aus_Newbie wrote: »
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Aus_Newbie wrote: »
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys. Maybe next time you should get a better phone. Seriously Apple products are overpriced garbage. Such a greedy company
    Svatlas wrote: »
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys.

+1
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys. Maybe next time you should get a better phone. Seriously Apple products are overpriced garbage. Such a greedy company

Exactly

You've all completely missed the point because you're blinded by a juvenile love of a phone operating system.

It's not about what phone you use, it's about treating all of your customers with respect, and a big part of respect is basic fairness. And this isn't fair, and it can't be made right with an iOS event with a different hero. Everyone who plays the game should have the same opportunities to compete and to experience the game's content.

I'm sure if you owned a business you would have accepted Google's money as well.

And it's not a juvenile love for a phone operating system. Android simply has way more features than ios. If ios surpasses Android I would gladly jump ship. But I'm not going to pay more money for a phone that has less features and accessories that only Apple sells that are way overpriced

Not if it **** off half my customer base I wouldn't.

And Android v iOS is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. You've made your OS choice. Great. I've made mine. Great. I don't feel the need to justify it because I'm happy and it's a personal decision. I don't know why you and other Android fans feel the need to justify it all the time. I don't care what OS you use. I care that you're getting an advantage I'm not.

If a womens rights grp go to h&m and says "hey, we give u money & in exchange you offer all women 50% discount on your products for X amount of days and we give you free advertising in our womens rights pages bla bla" do you really think h&m would say no even if it would **** off every man shopping there?
    That's it. That's the end of the conspiracy. That's as deep as it goes. A company wanted a thing so they paid for it. Another company didn't want a thing so they didn't pay for it. God, grow the hell up...

Would you accept the same behaviour from a company if you weren't the direct beneficiary of it?

The lack of self consistency here is just astounding.
    Just saying, this is probably the last straw for a lot of people. EA would be wise not to make us mad considering we make up a very large portion of their player base.

What is WRONG with you people? Don't you ever think about ANYTHING before you grab your torch and pitchfork?

Android pays for a giveaway to entice its users to the game and help retain its users already in the game.

So you are ok with a company accepting a bribe and not caring for most of their player base. Yes by this logic EA are business genius' for **** off over half of the players that play one of their best revenue streams.

THAT'S NOT A BRIBE, YOU DUMB ****.

That's not how ANYTHING works. God...
  • Darax_ren wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of Android users trying to defend this absurd situation where they get free stuff and IOS players don't.

Don't you realise that we're all playing the same game, if you get an unfair advantage, that sucks for everyone. Show some basic empathy and admit that this is a bad move by the game developers.

We should all be helping CG / EA to get it right and calling them out when they get it wrong. Not jumping on our free goodies and trying to attack people who didn't get them.

I didn't saw any solidarity when iphone users got wedge and we got biggs.
  • Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Why is it Apples job to pay EA to give half its players base free stuff? And how would that be good for the game?

It's not. But Google has the right to offer a promotion. EA has the right to accept the money for that promotion. If Apple doesn't offer anything then ios gets nothing. It's that simple

I'm not buying any crystals whatsoever until EA gives iOS something in compensation
  • When android users got the free shoretrooper pack they said they were committed to making the same content available to everyone. Android just sponsored their users getting 1 for free. Well, just another **** statement because iOS users don't have access at all to K2SO

It hasn't even been a day yet. For all we know, they'll add K2SO to Chromiums tomorrow, release a special overpriced pack, or put him in another **** ally point sale (tournament). That you don't have access to him now, doesn't mean you won't have access to him ever.
  • Most companies would say no to outright discrimination of their products on the basis of gender yes.

But it feels insightful that you chose that as your analogy.
  • htid1987 wrote: »
    Tigzie wrote: »
    Just had my past 3 months purchases refunded which tally quite a lot IOS users I recommend you do the same :) you don't hurt a business by complaining and doing nothing you hurt a business by hitting them in their coffers.
    How did u do this?

Get onto Apple live chat, tell them you want a refund due to unfair advantage given based on type of device used, throw in that you think this is discrimination based on the amount of packs etc android get and that it's an "outrage" you'll get your money back before the kettle has boiled.

Also tell them that you're not angry with Apple but EA, and the person you deal with will bend over backwards for you
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

bribe? really? xD
    And i'm pretty sure the people at EA/CG crunched the numbers before making a decision like this, so most likely they are getting more money eventhough they p-ed off (to some extent) the players who use an iOS device. Business genius' might be giving them a little too much credit, because i'm sure this game(star wars) had/has more potential than what they've done with it thusfar.
  • Now, if you can't complete the last 2 fights(I just don't have chars tough enough to get through them), I'm guessing that 10 shards x 10 days is 100, so, at worst, I'll be able to 6 star him? I can live with that.
  • Aldaron wrote: »
    [
    I didn't saw any solidarity when iphone users got wedge and we got biggs.

And isn't that a good argument in favour of solidarity?

For the record, I said it was stupid at the time. But at least it was even handed.
  • leef wrote: »

bribe? really? xD
    And i'm pretty sure the people at EA/CG crunched the numbers before making a decision like this, so most likely they are getting more money eventhough they p-ed off (to some extent) the players who use an iOS device. Business genius' might be giving them a little too much credit, because i'm sure this game(star wars) had/has more potential than what they've done with it thusfar.

Filthy android user. You are blindly defending them for taking a blatant bribe simply because you got the free toon.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

iOS
This discussion has been closed.