The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• You're going to have to boycott a lot more than ea. This marketing campaign is across tons of developers/platforms/games, including music, movies books etc
  • leef wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Just saying, this is probably the last straw for a lot of people. EA would be wise not to make us mad considering we make up a very large portion of their player base.

What is WRONG with you people? Don't you ever think about ANYTHING before you grab your torch and pitchfork?

Apple users make up the majority of the market here.

Android wants to increase its market share.

Android pays for a giveaway to entice its users to the game and help retain its users already in the game.

That's it. That's the end of the conspiracy. That's as deep as it goes. A company wanted a thing so they paid for it. Another company didn't want a thing so they didn't pay for it. God, grow the hell up...

So you are ok with a company accepting a bribe and not caring for most of their player base. Yes by this logic EA are business genius' for **** off over half of the players that play one of their best revenue streams.

THAT'S NOT A BRIBE, YOU DUMB ****.

That's not how ANYTHING works. God...

Google went to them and paid for some kind of promotion. EA accepts and goes through with a free character that is exclusive to only Google players. Sound like a textbook definition of a bribe. Are you going to be happy when Apple bribe EA for an IOS exclusive event and we get a toon that counters Rebels?

you can't be serious, are you trolling or seriously that stoopid?

Dead serious. Explain to me how taking money and giving a device exclusive toon isn't a bribe and ever morally correct for a business.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    DrNocard wrote: »
    the PR department needs a bit of work. Poor timing as the "IOS vs ANDROID" discussion has completely overshadowed some exciting things: 1) new movie 2) Jyn Erso the character 3) new tournament 4) game update/fixes 4) new droid. What should have been a day dominated by exciting chatter is now flooded with bitterness to varying degrees. :(

You must have been absent yesterday right when the update dropped lol.

Like 95% of posts were outrage

- on how we have another op rebel "jyn"
    - how everyone hates tournaments
    - how there was no raid balancing
    - etc etc.

word, - (i actually agree that we don't need more rebels, I don't like tournaments even as someone who's won a couple) - ok lemme correct this What had been a day of public outcry over garbage content, has become public outcry about the unequal treatment of player bases. The latter being slightly worse. :)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Does this Android exclusive event make you want to purchase an Android as your next phone?

I mean, it's not like you can transfer your account to the Android version, but perhaps this event is worth starting over for?

What's that? You said "no"? And in fact this event makes you feel like quitting the game all together?

I have no clue why companies pay for these exclusive events. Android users like myself are going to stay with Android, but we're going to anyways. No IOS user is switching because of this. I'm confused.
  • We get 10 days of the event which refreshes everyday so if a person can finish all tiers everyday it will be 7*. I took pics so if they try to screw us I'll have proof and can settle it in a legal matter. All jokes aside im sorry to the iso users, it was a crappy deal you all got.
  • I bet your tears taste like apples
  • Kajjm
    64 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    ToS
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Gorg538 wrote: »
    Only way we will get their attention is to ban together iOS users. Also, you can go into iTunes and request a refund on your purchases.

From how far back can you go? Do you lose your account?
  • leef wrote: »
    Just saying, this is probably the last straw for a lot of people. EA would be wise not to make us mad considering we make up a very large portion of their player base.

What is WRONG with you people? Don't you ever think about ANYTHING before you grab your torch and pitchfork?

Apple users make up the majority of the market here.

Android wants to increase its market share.

Android pays for a giveaway to entice its users to the game and help retain its users already in the game.

That's it. That's the end of the conspiracy. That's as deep as it goes. A company wanted a thing so they paid for it. Another company didn't want a thing so they didn't pay for it. God, grow the hell up...

So you are ok with a company accepting a bribe and not caring for most of their player base. Yes by this logic EA are business genius' for **** off over half of the players that play one of their best revenue streams.

THAT'S NOT A BRIBE, YOU DUMB ****.

That's not how ANYTHING works. God...

Google went to them and paid for some kind of promotion. EA accepts and goes through with a free character that is exclusive to only Google players. Sound like a textbook definition of a bribe. Are you going to be happy when Apple bribe EA for an IOS exclusive event and we get a toon that counters Rebels?

you can't be serious, are you trolling or seriously that stoopid?

Dead serious. Explain to me how taking money and giving a device exclusive toon isn't a bribe and ever morally correct for a business.

Was it a bribe when Apple pushed the U2 album to iTunes? Should they have also given it to Windows Media Player users?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »
    the PR department needs a bit of work. Poor timing as the "IOS vs ANDROID" discussion has completely overshadowed some exciting things: 1) new movie 2) Jyn Erso the character 3) new tournament 4) game update/fixes 4) new droid. What should have been a day dominated by exciting chatter is now flooded with bitterness to varying degrees. :(

You must have been absent yesterday right when the update dropped lol.

Like 95% of posts were outrage

- on how we have another op rebel "jyn"
    - how everyone hates tournaments
    - how there was no raid balancing
    - etc etc.

word, - (i actually agree that we don't need more rebels, I don't like tournaments even as someone who's won a couple) - ok lemme correct this What had been a day of public outcry over garbage content, has become public outcry about the unequal treatment of player bases. The latter being slightly worse. :)

Hahaha touche!
  • @Cutandjacked according to Reddit it'll be back on December 23.
  • I would never switch for a game. I love the iOS. Just kinda messed up they are giving all of this stuff to only one side. I'd say the same if I were on the other side of the fence as well.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • No because andorid sucks LMAO!!!!
  • Plokoon187 wrote: »
    Keep in mind not everyone is a hardcore phone gamer. My son is 7 and very happy with his wedge. Perhaps if you all weren't jaded communists who believe that we should all get an equal share, you might be happy like him.

He's 7, he's probably happy if he gets over 50% in the porcelain bowl.

I foresee you son beating up the kid at school who shared his lunch. Perhaps anger management is a better use of time than MOD manipulation which I'm sure he's mastered at 7. Or discuss with him the merits of name calling during discussions.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Because "best for everyone" is a meaningless, **** platitude. It sounds great, but it means NOTHING when it comes to a video game like this.

This game only lasts as long as people are prepared to keep playing and paying. If lots of people leave, no-one gets to play. So when I say "what's best for everyone", I'm talking about the long term health of the game. That meaningful enough for you?

Why are you so angry? Is the concept of solidarity just too loaded for you? It feels like you're bribing a lot of personal issues to the table here to get so angry.
  • Kajjm wrote: »
    Gorg538 wrote: »
    Only way we will get their attention is to ban together iOS users. Also, you can go into iTunes and request a refund on your purchases.

The latter would probably get you banned/dissabled ye? requesting a re-fund ?

That is what I am curious about - before you start recommending people get refunds it might be nice to see if that will get their accounts turned off...
  • Datamined info revealed it will be back DEC 23
  • so if i cant finish the last tier i just have to buy 50 shards worth of refreshes? Thats not a bad deal. stops me from having to farm biggs for the palpatine event.
  • nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Reading a majority of the comments on these threads is like reading comments from a bunch of kids bickering that one kid got more candy than the other. I'm an Apple user and I'm not THAT upset to be going off on anyone, or targeting players for using what was rightfully given to them. Every company (whether it's Xbox/PS, Sony/Samsung, Google/iOS) does exclusives so this isn't like it's targeting one crowd over the other. It's called business. GROW UP!

On the plus side, I'm freakin' stoked that the EP event is coming back!

Except it is targeting one crowd. It's called business when they release an exclusive for each side.

And complaining about other people complaining makes you look just as childish. So heed your own advice and GROW UP!
  • lol i feel you . whatever . just i do spend money i should at least got 2
  • I don't have the time or patience to deal with MS windows or android issues again so no, I'll stay with iOS regardless. I don't have a phone to play this one game.

• @nite0wl29 It's not the promo that is the issue... An exclusive pack here, a couple free shards there, maybe a 3* character that will be released to chromium, no big deal. But, if it is as I heard reported, a 7* character, omega's and 1000 crystals, that is more the a little promo. That value is on the hundreds of dollar range and can create an imbalance. That is the issue.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • An official announcement beforehand would have been nice, heck it's the logical thing to do, I mean look at the furore this is causing this close to the movie release and Christmas.
  • Yeap. Such 'actions' won't increase adroid buyers' base.
    May be it is just to please auditorium.
  • I don't mind 'exclusive' promos... but the extent of this promo - a 7* character, omega's and crystals - can be reasonable valued in the hundreds of dollars. That is far too extreme to lock a portion of the player base out of because they have a different operating system.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    android users are probably less likely to swich to iOS because of promotions like this, their choice in OS feels even more like the right choice.
    If promotions like this didn't have any positive effect on costumer retention or didnt bring any new customers they wouldn't be happening. Their highly paid marketing department probably knows their stuff better than you (no offence)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Odin_Noah wrote: »
    And then Im going to relentlessly swap our ranks around with my droid team so you dont have to carry all those fleet tokens and crystals around. I know you already got your new 7* and 10 mil credits and they are already so heavy.

1. Its 5M for the whole event
    2. How is this the users fault?
    3. With the 1k crystals these android users got, they can refresh arena a lot

And a question for you:
    If i buy you a coke and you then go and pee yr pants, is it my fault?
  • Mcpout wrote: »
    That's true about the 14 days but that's no questions asked since they updated there terms and conditions about 9 weeks back, if you feel that strongly about it though you can phone up speak to them (or mail) through the link and request a full refund for the app, there is a company out there called scopley who run the walking dead road to survival and through there misleading and false ads, and just all round mismanaging of the game, players have been able to get full refunds, here is no exception players are already in the process of getting all there money back just takes patience and speaking to the right people

But I assume that means you are not going to play any longer?
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    11. Possible imbalance of game by giving some users an unfair advantage
  • Are we taking the threats to quit serious now?
    People do that on a daily basis, but the addiction keeps them coming back :)

My main concern is how many suicides will occur over this massive injustice :(
This discussion has been closed.