The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Bad post is bad. Please close this garbage @BentWookiee
  • @TronTheKhan actually I'm not complaining about those complaining. I'm saying that a lot of the comments sound like they're being typed by kids. We're all adults here...at least I think we are...but you're not being robbed of anything. Nothing is being taken from you. Although judging by posts, nothing that the devs do seem to please anyone on here.
  • I m scared of androids. I have heard they can explode or take fire
  • After two years finally something to offset that free u2 album all ios users got that I didn't. Now two years from now ios will get something else and I'll complain for another two years until I get something. I love the Internet.
  • EricsonX wrote: »
    Now, if you can't complete the last 2 fights(I just don't have chars tough enough to get through them), I'm guessing that 10 shards x 10 days is 100, so, at worst, I'll be able to 6 star him? I can live with that.

Without the last fight you get 10 * 19 shards (last 2 are level locked for me :( ) = 190. 190 + 50 = 240. That's a 6* K2SO (plus 10 shards into 7*). If you pay 4400 crystals you can 7* him in the event without doing the last 2 tiers. Seems like a lot of crystals, but it's a minor discount to the regular rate in shipments (because tier 2 is only 140 crystals for 3 shards).

All this is assuming it resets when the timer runs out.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    IOS players surely spend, on average, in equivalence of Android players. For Android players to continue to get free stuff and leg ups in the game when we play on the same server is ludicrous.
  • I only got the K2-0 with the 50 shards and 250 crystals etc. pack.

Other people have been getting another 2 packs.. EA, can you please fix this?
    I don't thinkt thats normal. handing out benefits to certain players and not to others?
  • No one is saying this is a huge social crisis, so stop making out like this is an overreaction. It doesn't matter how trivial the issue is, it's not right and we we should all be able to say that as players who have spent time and money on this game.
  • I'm on iOS and am pleased that android got something for free it's a tough game to get anything meaningful from without spending cash. Maybe we apple users get a fruit basket lol
    Lost in the 20th century
  • leef wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Just saying, this is probably the last straw for a lot of people. EA would be wise not to make us mad considering we make up a very large portion of their player base.

What is WRONG with you people? Don't you ever think about ANYTHING before you grab your torch and pitchfork?

Apple users make up the majority of the market here.

Android wants to increase its market share.

Android pays for a giveaway to entice its users to the game and help retain its users already in the game.

That's it. That's the end of the conspiracy. That's as deep as it goes. A company wanted a thing so they paid for it. Another company didn't want a thing so they didn't pay for it. God, grow the hell up...

So you are ok with a company accepting a bribe and not caring for most of their player base. Yes by this logic EA are business genius' for **** off over half of the players that play one of their best revenue streams.

THAT'S NOT A BRIBE, YOU DUMB ****.

That's not how ANYTHING works. God...

Google went to them and paid for some kind of promotion. EA accepts and goes through with a free character that is exclusive to only Google players. Sound like a textbook definition of a bribe. Are you going to be happy when Apple bribe EA for an IOS exclusive event and we get a toon that counters Rebels?

you can't be serious, are you trolling or seriously that stoopid?

Dead serious. Explain to me how taking money and giving a device exclusive toon isn't a bribe and ever morally correct for a business.

Try suing google for bribing ea on this case, see how far you get...
    Bribes are illegal, offering something for something in return is called a deal
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    ToS
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    3aMoOoRR wrote: »
    For A respectable company such as EA, delivering the best customer / player experience should be there No.1 objective, if google paid them to give a new character away to android users, EA should refuse their offer, because they are already making money from their customers / players

Do you know how business works? I guess is they truly see a ton of people leaving their game, then they may think twice. But no, the company is not going to refuse money from someone. Unless it ends up being a supremecist raper of a child labor force.

• Blame Apple.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • People can try to justify this as much as they want, but EA is purposely giving one side an advantage compared to the next. If the two devices were separated and we never had to battle one another android player vs iOS player. Then sure, I wouldn't care, but by their marketing strategies. It's making the game lop sided and it really shouldn't happen this way.

This kind of reminds me of baseball, and how they didn't have salary caps for the longest time. Bigger city's were able to afford big time players. While smaller city's were stuck losing constantly, because they couldn't afford the same luxuries. Yeah, it seems fair short term, but once you see the negative effects of it all. It really stars dawning on you that it's bad for morale and for the pocket book. As giving into one side over the other should only be aesthetic and never comprising the true game play.

I don't feel like the example you gave was relevant in anyway to our current situation. I highly doubt you'll be losing tons of matches because of K2SO, as opposed to the baseball situation you referred to. You probably won't even see him after the first couple of weeks. The only place you MIGHT see him featured in is a Droid team and thats only IF they're willing to give up B2 for him. No one would chose him over ST Han so no space in the rebel squad.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Thanks for your time.
  • I seem to remember ios users getting an event on earth day that was iOS exclusive why can't people just enjoy the game
  • Inb4 close
  • Was it a bribe when Apple pushed the U2 album to iTunes? Should they have also given it to Windows Media Player users?

They could have had my copy I never asked for it lol.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • As part of the Android user community I'd like to say a big thanks for the free stuff, nice early Christmas present.

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    You guys take a chill pill this is pretty ridiculous (also against TOS)
  • Aus_Newbie wrote: »
    Darax_ren wrote: »

Don't care about the character shards. Android get exclusive content, free crystals, free credits. That's not a head start, that's an unfair advantage.

Edit: free omegas as well

+100

This is out of order and it's really annoying reading smug Android players trying to act like it's not.

There have been a few Android users that can see the bigger picture, but honestly most of the Android users in these threads have been little more than sad trolls.

Not sad trolls.. very happy ones. :-)
  • We shouldn't have to wait to see how good K-2SO is in the game to decide whether or not this is the right thing for EA to do for the players. It's irrelevant - the object of this game is to collect characters.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    3aMoOoRR wrote: »
    For A respectable company such as EA, delivering the best customer / player experience should be there No.1 objective, if google paid them to give a new character away to android users, EA should refuse their offer, because they are already making money from their customers / players

Do you know how business works? I guess is they truly see a ton of people leaving their game, then they may think twice. But no, the company is not going to refuse money from someone. Unless it ends up being a supremecist raper of a child labor force.

They'd accept money in that case too. There is no "unless" when it comes to money in business.

• I 100% guarantee you android users would feel incensed if the shoe was on the other foot. Why are all the Android users attacking the iOS ones?have we accused you of doing anything? No we are angry at the corporations. So get off your high horses and stop licking their b*lls
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    This issue - google users getting free stuff - in Ron Burgandy's words, is kind of a big deal... free crystals, shards for an available character - these things would be an annoyance. What is actually happening, however, is an advantage that is exclusive to only a portion of the player base. iOS users cannot even get k2so. If I could spend money, which I do, to acquire the character, it would be an annoyance, but it would at least be more fair. I can understand why people are looking into refunds. Please developers, post something about this, even if it's just to say that you are aware of our frustrations and will discuss it and possibly act on it. I can understand if google paid to get rewards to its users, but exclusive content that the rest of us can't access, is outright unfair.
    Post edited by Mol_Kelly on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Was it a bribe when Apple pushed the U2 album to iTunes? Should they have also given it to Windows Media Player users?

They could have had my copy I never asked for it lol.

I can't seem to remove that album from my ipad, shuffle all isn't an option anymore because of that. awefull songs.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Aus_Newbie wrote: »
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys. Maybe next time you should get a better phone. Seriously Apple products are overpriced garbage. Such a greedy company
    Svatlas wrote: »
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys.

+1
    Idk why you guys are blaming EA. It's Apple who doesn't care about you guys. Maybe next time you should get a better phone. Seriously Apple products are overpriced garbage. Such a greedy company

Exactly

You've all completely missed the point because you're blinded by a juvenile love of a phone operating system.

It's not about what phone you use, it's about treating all of your customers with respect, and a big part of respect is basic fairness. And this isn't fair, and it can't be made right with an iOS event with a different hero. Everyone who plays the game should have the same opportunities to compete and to experience the game's content.

Apple has also gotten perks in this game that Android users haven't. It's called "non linear" - is not the same for both, but as long as it's relatively balanced (and it is - some of you have very short Poe, Lando, Ewok memories), it's fine. And as long as Apple and Google keep handing EA money that goes into the game, everyone benefits.

Or people could selfishly rage because it's Android's "turn", ignore the history and the facts and complain about it on internet forums.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Zooey wrote: »
    I don't understand all of the EA/CG hate in this. If Boba's daddy buys him a bright shiny new toy at Droids R Us, I don't curse the store for selling it. I cry to my apple daddy that I want one too. I am an iOS user, so I understand your frustration, but it seems focused on the wrong business.

Yes exactly. This isn't bad on CG/EA but just good marketing from Google. It's on Apple to keep up, not EA.

Sure, you can blame it on whoever you want. At the end of the day, EA loses if iOS players get fed up with this and quit, stop paying, request refunds etc.
    Maybe THEY should take it up with Apple??

Maybe they cant? If im google and im paying for this promo one way or another, im making sure that the devs cant go to apple and hammer out a similar deal for x amount of time...

Not defending devs or google here, im just saying: its most likely not so clear cut as most ppl seem to think...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Darax_ren wrote: »

This game only lasts as long as people are prepared to keep playing and paying. If lots of people leave, no-one gets to play. So when I say "what's best for everyone", I'm talking about the long term health of the game. That meaningful enough for you?

Bingo. while they gloat over their free stuff they miss the overall big picture that since it's now established that the developer will allow a one sided situation like this, a lot of people with an ounce of common sense will recognize that the game becomes one sided and not worth playing.

If iOS users got OP freebies that android players would never be able to get, I guarantee their tunes would change in a heartbeat.

you must not have been playing that long if you just now realized that there are OS exclusive events.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 11. Possible imbalance of game by giving some users an unfair advantage

Both Apple and Android users have gotten this at different times in the game history. Just stop.

This discussion has been closed.