Why is my Poe such a pushover?

He is about the same level and star rating as the rest of my main team but even when I don't use his taunt he seems to always be in the yellow. It seemed just a couple of levels back he was leading his own C team in Galaxy War, helping me move up the ranks in the Arena, and getting me though Cantina and Light Side Battles. Now he only serves as a sacrifice in L.S.B. and holds his own in Tank Challenges. Am I doing something wrong or is it that all the hype around him only applies to the Arena?

Here's his details, any help would be appreciated.
  • 3 Stars
  • Lvl. 47
  • Lvl. 2 Basic and Special moves
  • Lvl. 3 Leader and Unique ablities
  • Gear Lvl. IV, all but one slot full.

I've tried gearing up but it's coming along very slowly. I could go for Cantina Shipments but I'm working on Old Daka (I could always switch). I can train him up but I'm level 49, so not much.
Again, any input would be great.
314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease

Replies

• l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    He's mostly a PVP arena character, who sacrifices himself to give your glass cannons turn meter advantage and protection to drop the enemy team.

For instance, I'm running Lumi, Poggle, Luke and Sid behind him and both Lumi and Luke can hit for 10k plus before the enemy team gets many turn options. Usually I can drop 1 to 2 characters right away and win the match as a result.

You'll need to gear him up for him to accomplish this. In GW he's okay - I have him at max gear and close to 6*. He can save your characters by taunting, but then you'll usually lose him, so there are better GW options. In GW, only taunt when u need to save a character before you can pop a heal. Otherwise, he's good at inflicting offense down on the enemy damage dealer (hit them with Sid first)
  • Firstly, he is an arena unit. His 2 turn taunt is no good in GW. Poe excels only in Arena with high damage units behind him, please tell me you didnt read the Poe threads and think he would be godmode everywhere

Secondly, Poe really needs speed to be good. At gear 4 yours is practically a turtle compared to maxed Poes. He gains a lot of speed at gear 7 and 8, moving from a third tier speed unit, to a second tier, to a first.

To get the most out of Poe you want him 4/5 + stars, gear 8, and with his taunt ability fully upgraded for maximum turn meter removal. With a crew of DPS behind him such as IG droids,Geo soldier,QGJ, etc
  • Like Han, he isn't a normal tank - his taunt is basically sacrificing himself to give your hard-hitters a huge initial advantage.

However, Han can survive his taunt because he slows the enemy to a crawl and gives your healers time to patch him up. Meeanwhile Poe is all about the first turn advantage.

So yes, he's mainly an Arena asset.
  • You gave the answer yourself :P He is understarred and undergeared. Besides Poe isn't that great for GW, only for 1-2 difficult battles. After his special ability he becomes useless in gw, he has no selfheal and no damage.
    In arena he's great for his speed and turn meter control. I have him at 6* max gear level 67 and he has 12.5k hp
  • Push2Stops
    489 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks all!
    I've been relying heavily on this link. I suppose it's outdated or just a bit off, either way, I need to rethink my teams.
    Does anyone know of any alternative sources?
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Thank you for this post. I was about to make a thread asking why mine was still slow. He's 4* Gear 6, and only has 123 spd. I would assume this gets much better at purple gear/5*.
  • Push2Stops wrote: »
    He is about the same level and star rating as the rest of my main team but even when I don't use his taunt he seems to always be in the yellow. It seemed just a couple of levels back he was leading his own C team in Galaxy War, helping me move up the ranks in the Arena, and getting me though Cantina and Light Side Battles. Now he only serves as a sacrifice in L.S.B. and holds his own in Tank Challenges. Am I doing something wrong or is it that all the hype around him only applies to the Arena?

• 3 Stars
    • Lvl. 47

I've tried gearing up but it's coming along very slowly. I could go for Cantina Shipments but I'm working on Old Daka (I could always switch). I can train him up but I'm level 49, so not much.

The answer to your question is literally in your post. Swgohcantina character ranking is based on end game meta which is currently very heavily influenced by pvp.

Your Poe is still a baby. He isnt ready for end game meta. You need time, patience and farming to turn him into the bad boy rebel that he can truly be. Patience. You will get there.
  • Thank you for this post. I was about to make a thread asking why mine was still slow. He's 4* Gear 6, and only has 123 spd. I would assume this gets much better at purple gear/5*.

Poe gets good at lvl 61 when he can go to gear 8, and with one more gear slot, get to 143 speed. Extra stars will give him more stats, but it's gear that gives speed. I used him at 4 stars for a while. Like others have said, he is really only great for arena.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Push2Stops wrote: »

• 3 Stars
    • Lvl. 47

Get him to speed 143 and he will become the first to go in your team
  • Yup. Not just purple gear. Max everything purple gear.