Game Update - 1/28/2016

Replies

• The GW shipment change is annoying but not a big deal at all. I know I usually come off as an apologist for CG but honestly because we all get the fixed 1200 tokens anyway we all just have to spend them throughout the day instead of immediately after completing GW. It just doesn't bother me because I haven't lost any resources from this change and it will save me the admittedly neglible fee of refreshing the shipments. No big deal.
  • Maybe give them a break considering they just added Qui-Gonn to Cantina shipments which was huge for f2p. However, I would like to know if partial GW gems are being added, like give us 10 or 20 on the odd missions that didn't give them before.
  • Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.
    I can't express how infuriating this completely unnecessary and cheap move is.
    As we sit for weeks waiting for new content, you guys prioritize lame cash grabs. And nice timing, since you knew many of us were saving tokens in advance of the new release.
    Very nice.

Agree with this one. I haven't had the need to do refreshes in a while, since I'm still farming for Lumi and Phasma, so I basically spend my 1200 tokens daily. But shifting this to premium currency was yet another money grab move.

Why not shift the others to their respective currencies instead? (Cantina refreshes for 10 cantina tokens, and Arena refreshes for 10 pvp tokens).

Because then they wouldn't get as much money and we all know they choose profit over customer satisfaction

See, what you're forgetting is not everything is about money. The real reason for this is their future plans to add new characters to shipments. They see people with 30k+ tokens laying around and EA/CG knows they don't have enough content...

So they're making sure any little bit of new content they ado will take as long as possible for players to complete.
    Why do u think they added QGJ to cantina instead of arena shipments? Why do you think FOTP is only hard mode farmable. They know their game is a sad weak shell of a game and want to make sure players can't rush thru it.

Or if they do wanna rush that they gotta pay..

ok maybe it is all about money
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Al_Tiz wrote: »
    The GW shipment change is annoying but not a big deal at all.

I have 19,200 GW tokens saved up. I've gone without leveling up characters for half a month, foregoing what I could have been doing with those characters, because of the way GW was set up.
    To you this change may not be a big deal. To me it is.
    And it's not like this was something urgent that had to pushed out with a bug fix patch.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.
    I can't express how infuriating this completely unnecessary and cheap move is.
    As we sit for weeks waiting for new content, you guys prioritize lame cash grabs. And nice timing, since you knew many of us were saving tokens in advance of the new release.
    Very nice.

I have to agree. This is a bit of a grab in my eyes.
  • I'm actually against that change, now my OCD is going to kill me, since I can't refresh any more and now I'm stuck with an odd number...

How is a number ending in zero an odd number ;)
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Greetings heroes,

Here are the notes for the update today (1/28/2016)

Bug Fixes
    • Units that are defeated and revived will no longer have buffs/debuffs on them.
    • Old Daka’s leader ability description has been fixed.
    • Luminara Unduli will now trigger her dodge up chance properly after using her Basic Attack.
    • When Ugnaught uses an ability to stun a character it will now properly show the stun icon.
    • Leia’s ability (Against All Odds) no longer gives 100% Critical Chance up on buff.
    • Fixed a bug where the Jedi Knight Guardian on the Dark Side 1-D battle could apply Ability Block which would persist on characters through encounters.
    • Fixed a bug in Cantina Battle 1-A where the Stormtrooper Commander could heal through a Healing Immunity debuff.
    debuffs carrying forward during missions are not restricted to LS level 1-D, and include grenades and stealth, as well as ability block. This happens in daily challenges as well. Same with Stormtrooper Commanders heal through heal immunity, this is common on the attack challenge.

I still see a lot of minor bug fixes and only one major, being Leia, although revives and Lumis evade up will have a good impact.

I'm looking forward to see if heroes are still revived with their turn meter as well. I'm sure you guys missed that.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • **** poor move for GW people got to 7* the freebie way now either we pay or wait weeks to get a character to 7*.

Ugh another game down he tubes.
    Oh, they might make a few bucks less profit that way, we can't have that.
    I mean, it's not like this is a top 20 grossing game in the Android store.
    Oh wait -- it is.
    But, not good enough. Gotta squeeze everyone for every last frickin' dollar.
    LAME.

Is someone forcing us to refresh instead of waiting a few hours?
  • Xyo
    52 posts Member

That's nice EA/CG, very nice... when are you guys charging us 50 crystals daily to play? since is all about money that wouldn't be a surprise.
    925-327-551
  • Only logical sense for switching the refresh cost was to slow down shard exchanges from happening since they will effectively be tied to shards in excess of seven star characters. This lends one to question what the actual rate will be. If a monetary cost is being placed in front of that exchange will the rate be relatively low or will this just be another stupid attempt at causing everyone to pay even more for the game when they already have spent significant amounts.

Pretty sure there's never been a change that wasn't a big deal to you
  • Nice troll Mr Soze, Qeltar puts a lot of time and passion into writing about and playing the game and has even been praised by the big CG cheese John for caring so much. This change should have come with 2 weeks forewarning (like the increase in level cap and the shard shop) to allow players to get rid of excess GW shipments and to avoid stockpiling.
  • The GW shipment is a terrible change. You can earn 1200 shards a day so unless you wake up in the middle of the night, you only get 3 refreshes. Anyone with any amount of saved up GW shards is going to have to pay crystals to spend them which is ridiculous. GW is the only F2P friendly way of getting shards and now it's been gutted.

I have 19,200 GW tokens saved up. I've gone without leveling up characters for half a month, foregoing what I could have been doing with those characters, because of the way GW was set up.
    And it's not like this was something urgent that had to pushed out with a bug fix patch.

I usually agree with a lot of what you type. This time I don't.

I feel it's those stockpiles of GW currency that begged for the change. EA will add new playable characters and presumably they just don't want them out so quickly.

I am not against the change, I am against the lack of advanced notice. For players like you, there should have been a notice to allow time to star up other toons if you wanted to. And for that, I do feel bad for you and others in your situation.
  • Tagichatn wrote: »
    The GW shipment is a terrible change. You can earn 1200 shards a day so unless you wake up in the middle of the night, you only get 3 refreshes. Anyone with any amount of saved up GW shards is going to have to pay crystals to spend them which is ridiculous. GW is the only F2P friendly way of getting shards and now it's been gutted.
    And this is keeping the timers right. If you don't enter the game, say for 10 hours, the timer just runs to its end, and starts again when you enter, not at the 6th hour.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I feel it's those stockpiles of GW currency that begged for the change. EA will add new playable characters and presumably they just don't want them out so quickly.
    What exactly is the problem with saving up resources to spend them strategically? I've already maxed 2 characters from GW. There are only 2 characters in GW shipments right now who even REMOTELY interest me. So I decided to save my tokens for ones that I might like in the future.
    Why the hell is this a problem? I didn't steal the tokens, I didn't hack to get them, I earned them through playing GW through, a mode I don't even enjoy any more since they wrecked it. Saving those tokens means I have fewer characters now so I can have different ones later.
    That's called making trade-offs and planning ahead.
    What sort of company punishes long-term thinkers? CG, apparently.
    If they don't want us to stockpile, why haven't they added more options to the shipments? They've put exactly one new character in there in TWO MONTHS. Why?
    @Naecabon stockpiled 30,000 energy ahead of the level cap raise. He gave up thousands in free energy refills to do this, but it was worth it to him. Should they have screwed him over too?
    What exactly is the problem with saving up resources to spend them strategically? I've already maxed 2 characters from GW. There are only 2 characters in GW shipments right now who even REMOTELY interest me. So I decided to save my tokens for ones that I might like in the future.
    Why the hell is this a problem? I didn't steal the tokens, I didn't hack to get them, I earned them through playing GW through, a mode I don't even enjoy any more since they wrecked it. Saving those tokens means I have fewer characters now so I can have different ones later.
    If they don't want us to stockpile, why haven't they added more options to the shipments? They've put exactly one new character in there in TWO MONTHS. Why?
    @Naecabon stockpiled 30,000 energy ahead of the level cap raise. He gave up thousands in free energy refills to do this, but it was worth it to him. Should they have screwed him over too?

Completely agree with you. There is nothing wrong with saving the tokens you earn but in the end you get screwed over and that shouldnt happen and they really need to start to announce things a week before update because these last minute updates screw people over
  • Sigh...I really hope the feb update is good. This game is really going from my favorite at launch to why bother recently. :( really love the concept but terriblely unbalanced/bugged (FOTP) and underpowered (mace) characters that are used are ignored for bug fixes on characters that aren't. Only updates (other than level caps and new levels thanks :) ) are depressing and make me care less about the game. I'm now stuck with 90, on GW, and with 800 per day and 400 x2 without refresh you've made my 8000 I saved up for character changes to be mostly worthless (as I'll only really be able to use what I earn). I haven't even tried to finish GW the past 3 days (whereas I did every day from getting to the level when starting 5 days or so post hard launch), due to necessary new retreat. (Only used the old one before because force closing was no fun for me). Now it's near impossible for me to complete GW without using the new retreat/force close and I did it from the updat until now but I think I'm on the edge of quitting it now altogether. I love the game and I understand the need to make money but changing established features to worse ones just makes every update depressing and makes each time harder to deal with and keep playing. :(

Really banking on you guys delivering an amazing feb update to keep me playing :) , otherwise unfortunately I think I may just lose interest :(
  • Had I known this was coming I would have refrained from using GW tokens to refresh.

I will now have 90 tokens that can never do anything.

If you would be so kind as to refund me the ten tokens I would be very happy.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member

Is there anything you don't complain about?

Every other token spending required crystals to refresh, GW made no sense why they did it that way. This puts everything in line.... even if it makes it harder for some people (or those who stock piled).

• Cyber
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    [*]Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.

This is an absolutely horrible change. I've got to stop spending this seems like they just want to bleed whales dry for short term money. I'm already getting soaked for premium currency, I'm getting to the point of maybe it's time to just cut my losses.

• Problem is this is another MAJOR change that affects many players strategies.....And it happened WITHOUT NOTICE YET AGAIN! I don't care if this put GW in line with other shipments....there was zero notice, and zero indication such a move was going to happen. Why couldn't they have just stated even 2 weeks ago they were going to make this change? As a player there is little I can do...except not spend another dime, and one star in Play Store.
  • Captain_Reynolds
    410 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    This is such an egregious move with the GW refresh @EA_Jesse I highly recommend talking to the team about reversing that one. It's a blatant slap in the face cash grab that sets a really bad tone for the future of this game.
  • Great work on the Ugnaught fix that one was bothering me.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Barrok wrote: »
    Is there anything you don't complain about?

Yes: changes that don't deserve complaints. I didn't complain about the Jinn change, though I sympathized with those who did because I could see where they were coming from. And I do appreciate that they at least fixed a few bugs. Finally.
    That there have been precious few changes not deserving of complaints around here is on the developers, not me. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. And I'm not pulling punches for you or anyone else. If you don't like my posts, don't read them.
  • Keldanor
    49 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Relax all,

I can see why they changed GW. Next major update will have new characters and possibly one (or more) added to GW.
    If they didn't make the change, some players who have hoarded thousands of GW crystal will get the new toons to 7* immediatly. So at the end, it will benefit the F2p community more than it hurts it.
    How cool do you think it would have been if your modest squad had to to face the new toons maxed on first day after the new update in Arena and GW?
    Member of Team Instinct
  • TruffleJones
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2016

I usually agree with a lot of what you type. This time I don't.

I am not against the change, I am against the lack of advanced notice. For players like you, there should have been a notice to allow time to star up other toons if you wanted to. And for that, I do feel bad for you and others in your situation.

THIS. I understand the change, so that the people (myself) who are hoarding GW tokens, can't just insta 7* whatever new character is released in GW or the shard shop. I DO NOT agree with it being pushed into a bug fix maintenance without ANY warning that it is coming. Mostly because I have many mental health issues, OCD, Depression, and Anxiety are 3 of them and now I have this eye sore in my game that I can't fix because nothing in the shipments costs anything to even out the numbers. I would literally delete 280 tokens from my amount that way I have an even amount for when I do need to spend shipments...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Keldanor wrote: »
    How cool do you think it would have been if your modest squad had to to face the new toons maxed on first day after the new update in Arena and GW?

All the new characters will be in chromium packs, so this is going to happen anyway. They've just punished F2Pers and moderate P2Pers who decided to plan ahead.
  • Keldanor wrote: »
    Relax all,

I can see why they changed GW. Next major update will have new characters and possibly one (or more) added to GW.
    If they didn't make the change, some players who have hoarded thousands of GW crystal will get the new toons to 7* immediatly. So at the end, it will benefit the F2p community more than it hurts it.

Well the ones who stockpiled the GW tokens doesn't necessarily have to be F2P or P2W. It could be either really. Most likely the F2P, who cares more about their resources and time spend in the game, so would rather save them for better characters.

If P2W, they wouldn't care much and just pay for the refresh, with premium currency, and having even more tokens to exchange for shards. (Considering the "whales" here)
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
This discussion has been closed.