How to get four shipments per day without setting an alarm clock

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
The shipment timers in the game are strange. Each one lasts for 6 hours, but then restarts immediately only if you are logged into the game. If you aren't, it starts the next time you log in. This means you can normally only get 3 shipments per day unless you want this game to start interrupting your sleep (or you naturally sleep less than 6 hours, I guess.)
There's a trick to get around this, however.
Let's say you sleep between 11 pm and 7 am. Tomorrow morning, log in at 9 am. Keep the game logged in while you are doing other things and it will "roll over" at 3 pm, and then again at 9 pm, giving you 3 shipments.
Now, go to bed and leave the game logged in. It should roll over automatically again at 3 am. As long as you get back to the game when you wake up before 9 am, you can grab the 4th shipment before the next timer rolls over again.
Eventually the change time will drift, and we can't always have the game running on our phones, but this should help you get a bit more gear or farm characters a bit more quickly (especially if you have tokens saved up.)
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• great idea. thanks
  • i tried this last night but did not work - when my iphone went into sleep mode, my Game Center login must have been inactivated -when I woke up I and unlocked my phone, it gave me the "Welcome Back" message. Possibly need to turn off auto-sleep
  • I keep my game open overnight for just this reason. The problem is that even with the game open the reset timer sticks sometimes - sitting at 10s or 0s for 10-15 minutes. This happens every other day, roughly, shifting the timer over time. I've had the app open at the timer reset every time for quite a while and over the past week alone my timer has shifted a little over an hour.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Bumping this in light of the new GW refresh lameness. Hope it helps some of you.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I have tried this on my Android phone, but it never seems to work. I don't know why not. Anyone do this with Android? If so, any other advice?
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I have tried this on my Android phone, but it never seems to work. I don't know why not. Anyone do this with Android? If so, any other advice?
    I have the same problem. The game may be running in the background, but whenever I window-switch back in I see it immediately start counting up the energy I've amassed while gone. It also resets the shipments timers at that time.
    So the game doesn't seem to actually be *running and updating* for Android while it's unfocused. Pity.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Awesome suggestion. Thanks Qeltar
  • Rolf wrote: »
    I have tried this on my Android phone, but it never seems to work. I don't know why not. Anyone do this with Android? If so, any other advice?
    I have the same problem. The game may be running in the background, but whenever I window-switch back in I see it immediately start counting up the energy I've amassed while gone. It also resets the shipments timers at that time.
    So the game doesn't seem to actually be *running and updating* for Android while it's unfocused. Pity.

Same problem. It does not work on meh phone.
    Bye Forums.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    I play on android and use an app called Keep Screen On. I login with an old phone and leave it on overnight.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    sid wrote: »
    I play on android and use an app called Keep Screen On. I login with an old phone and leave it on overnight.

My old phone can't run this highly sophisticated game. :(
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Get nox or bluestacks and run it on pc.
  • This is a nice idea actually :) hopefully they'll fix the timers to restart naturally every 6 hours even if you're not online at some point in the future though.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (: