Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Hate it
    This may mean they're adding something to gw.......

Then why didn't they add it at the same time as they pull this **** move? So we would have something else to spend our tokens on?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Hate it
    Sysy wrote: »
    I am not personally affected by this change, as my GW tokens are always empty and I have never refreshed shipments. But because of the anger of the wider community, I guess we should make a demand to CG/EA, such as shifting QGJ to GW shipments, so that ppl who have token can immediately find a good toon to spend on.

NO. Don't add anything else to GW please. its already a game mode that I hate.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Doesnt effect me
    nbd. i'm really impatient, but I can wait it out like any other shipment. I've got 12k banked as well
    mighty chlorians
  • Hate it
    Hey Qeltar - I've played CG games for years. The only person to shoot is the messenger. It's not like CS or Mods actually can influence CG dev team decisions. The only person with a direct line to CG's ears is Jessie and other red boxes. Even mods only have the smallest connection to CG dev team.

Jessie took a job that puts him into the line of fire. He is the first to read praise when the community is happy and the first to hear complaints when we're not. He knows this and won't take it personally as long as you don't make personal attacks. I think Jessie is GREAT at his job.

Even still, he's in the line of fire as he is one of very few with a direct line to the dev team. They read his reports and use his input when determining the direction of the game. It needs to be clear to Jessie if the community is unhappy so he can properly express the situation to the dev team - after all, they are only human...
  • Hate it
    reizse wrote: »
    nbd. i'm really impatient, but I can wait it out like any other shipment. I've got 12k banked as well

True but it takes the uniqueness out of Gws
  • Wow what a cheap **** shot EA. Only reason to play GW now it's no real point.

Real F'D up move EA.
  • Hate it
    Glory wrote: »
    Hey Qeltar - I've played CG games for years. The only person to shoot is the messenger. It's not like CS or Mods actually can influence CG dev team decisions. The only person with a direct line to CG's ears is Jessie and other red boxes. Even mods only have the smallest connection to CG dev team.

Jessie took a job that puts him into the line of fire. He is the first to read praise when the community is happy and the first to hear complaints when we're not. He knows this and won't take it personally as long as you don't make personal attacks. I think Jessie is GREAT at his job.

Even still, he's in the line of fire as he is one of very few with a direct line to the dev team. They read his reports and use his input when determining the direction of the game. It needs to be clear to Jessie if the community is unhappy so he can properly express the situation to the dev team - after all, they are only human...

They are humans that ignore what their customers want
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Hate it
    @Glory - I'm pretty sure Jesse knew what the reaction would be to this before he posted it. So did whoever authorized this move. Jesse didn't make this decision and doesn't deserve to be berated for it. Whoever did make this decision isn't going to come on the forums, for obvious reasons.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Hate it
    It screws anyone who saved up currency. I had 9k arena shipments banked before I started buying again, I've been buying for over 2 weeks and it's only down to 8k. There's no way you can spend faster than you can earn unless you set a timer every 6 hrs every day.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Doesnt effect me
    Elyndria wrote: »
    It screws anyone who saved up currency. I had 9k arena shipments banked before I started buying again, I've been buying for over 2 weeks and it's only down to 8k. There's no way you can spend faster than you can earn unless you set a timer every 6 hrs every day.

I'm sure there's more than one person who has an alarm set to catch each refresh. kind of sad, really
    mighty chlorians
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it

You earn 1200 a day. There are at max 4 natural refreshes a day, meaning now you can only buy an extra 5 shards a day over anyone else who completes GW that day. With 8k spare, that puts you at 20 days to use ot up... but that also puts you 100 shards ahead of those who didn't save up that 8k. That's a 7* when everyone else is at 6.

Of course they'll catch up in 7 days tho ;)
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Hate it

Does Gw shipment have a timed refresh? Or is it once a day and they only way to refresh is the crystal?
  • Hate it
    Hate it.

Poor attempt at squeezing money out of us, changed something that no one ever complained about nor ever will, and has avoided the current issues in this game in doing so (yes, I know they'll be fixed soon, but look at the priorities).

And now the real question is: what to do with the leftover 130 GW gems?
  • Hate it
    Hate it.

Poor attempt at squeezing money out of us, changed something that no one ever complained about nor ever will, and has avoided the current issues in this game in doing so (yes, I know they'll be fixed soon, but look at the priorities).

And now the real question is: what to do with the leftover 130 GW gems?

Yeah right xD i have 120 leftover
  • Hate it
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @Glory - I'm pretty sure Jesse knew what the reaction would be to this before he posted it. So did whoever authorized this move. Jesse didn't make this decision and doesn't deserve to be berated for it. Whoever did make this decision isn't going to come on the forums, for obvious reasons.

Yeah, except this change wasn't posted or mentioned in game or in forum as far as I can tell.

Someone gets paid to listen to the community. I'm not about to personally berate anyone, but I definitely want my input to be heard.

Seriously, I'm a big teddy bear that just wants to hit some droids with a lightsaber! I just don't want the cost to do so to increase on a regular basis with no new content to support the increased investment.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Hate it
    GW and Arena shouldn't have shipment timers to even begin with. You can only win a fixed amount of crystals per day so it restricts shard farming at a minuscule rate of only a few hours before the free refresh. Let's be honest anyone that spends all there crystals everyday is never spending 50 crystals to buy more shards instead of waiting a few hours. All this hurts are the players that were strategically saving crystals for the next new huge update. Now saving has been rendered worthless as we will have to farm 2 toons at a time in order to spend the saved crystals.
  • Hate it
    Phipps wrote: »
    GW and Arena shouldn't have shipment timers to even begin with. You can only win a fixed amount of crystals per day so it restricts shard farming at a minuscule rate of only a few hours before the free refresh. Let's be honest anyone that spends all there crystals everyday is never spending 50 crystals to buy more shards instead of waiting a few hours. All this hurts are the players that were strategically saving crystals for the next new huge update. Now saving has been rendered worthless as we will have to farm 2 toons at a time in order to spend the saved crystals.

I think that's EXACTLY why they changed it. They didn't want people saving up for new characters and getting them at once

• Hate it
    Glory wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Yeah, except this change wasn't posted or mentioned in game or in forum as far as I can tell.

Someone gets paid to listen to the community. I'm not about to personally berate anyone, but I definitely want my input to be heard.

Seriously, I'm a big teddy bear that just wants to hit some droids with a lightsaber! I just don't want the cost to do so to increase on a regular basis with no new content to support the increased investment.

It was posted in game announcements after it went live. It's at the very bottom of the patch notes. I'm sure if they could have they'd have changed it to a size 1 font... don't mind the small print!
  • murton09
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Love it
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    Like i said on the crystal sub returning post, it really seems like they habe decided this game is going to be a short term cash cow, so with no regard for the consumer experience they are just trying to milk as much cash quickly as possible. A bloody shame because with the star wars theme this game has potential for so much more

Quite the opposite, they are staging it to be a long term cash cow. It is easy to forget the huge advantage we have had by being early in. New players...the millions of new players that will join will never know the difference and already have an uphill battle.

If people would actually objectively analyze pros and cons of the various issues instead of immediately screaming about the apparent negatives that affect them we'd all be better off.

This forum has become a pathetic cycle of update/development post then cry fest and poll threads...unacceptable

• Hate it
    Ladies and gentleman, CG/EA! I am really glad they have time to focus on these changes, but not on any of the countless bugs and glitches.
  • I agree it is a bit of a kick in the balls, but reality is you get a max 1200 tokens a day, shipments refresh 4 times in a 24 hr period (granted you need to log in when it refreshes) but giving you the chance to spend 1600 a day. So if you have 0-400 tokens as we speak this has no effect at all. It only effects people who have stock piled (I have over 5k). I'm really not to annoyed to be honest, ill just start buying two different characters at a time until my stock levels itself out.

Again it is a kick in the balls but I think some people are over reacting. Its a game guys ;)
  • Hate it
    murton09 wrote: »
    Like i said on the crystal sub returning post, it really seems like they habe decided this game is going to be a short term cash cow, so with no regard for the consumer experience they are just trying to milk as much cash quickly as possible. A bloody shame because with the star wars theme this game has potential for so much more

Quite the opposite, they are staging it to be a long term cash cow. It is easy to forget the huge advantage we have had by being early in. New players...the millions of new players that will join will never know the difference and already have an uphill battle.

If people would actually objectively analyze pros and cons of the various issues instead of immediately screaming about the apparent negatives that affect them we'd all be better off.

This forum has become a pathetic cycle of update/development post then cry fest and poll threads...unacceptable

Except this change only benefits p2p players, considering we get around 120-180 crystals daily (not sure on exact amount) but with the arena and cantina and engery refreshs there are no crystals left over unless you pay to refresh it or wait ever 6 hours for like 3 times
  • Hate it
    That one thing destroyed full satisfaction from Yoda/Guilds update.
    Really it's time to set clocks per 6 hours :(
  • Hate it
    murton09 wrote: »

What are forums for if not endlessly complaining and ranting? What are we supposed to do, talk about the game, calm and couth?

Where their is money, there are problems. Especially when it is aimed at taking it away from me. How anyone could "love" an option that cost less than pennies before and about 50c now is beyond me. Especially with no prior warning or conscious understanding of player base reprimand.

What are the pros exactly?

Also the more I look at the 130 odd GW shards the more concerned I get. I'm not OCD, but I do have ODD, and I never agree with my doctors.
  • Hate it
    @murton09 I agree that this can set up a longer term situation for a game if timed correctly.

There are many more movies coming in the next few years which will continue to grow the Star Wars audience base and overall market size.

There is quite a bit of competition among SW mobile apps, and SWGoH hasn't yet reached an audience mass that will sustain itself without referrals. They still depend on random new users trying and enjoying gameplay, which is a good thing at this point of the development cycle. Profit maximization will come once a larger portion of the available SW market becomes committed and invested in SWGoH. At that point, increasing micro transactions outpaces amassing new users for profit - that's when pricing increases create profit maximization.

Increasing micro-transactions too early causes new players to lose interest before they feel personally invested. If this happens too early in the product life cycle it can be detrimental to the product's success.

Thoughts?
  • Hate it
    I daily refresh my GW tokens, now I have 70 tokens left which will announce the **** out of me seeing as I can never spend them!
  • Kwynne4444
    161 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    I hate how out of 800 views only 78 voted in the poll i wish more people voted to see what other people think
  • Hate it
    Is it just me or is nearly every change meant to encourage crystal spending?

It's not just you.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Doesnt effect me
    Does not affect me neither, for the same reason. I farm continuously Lumi (done), Phasma (75 sharps to 7*) and plan to do the same for Poggle that I have at 4* at the moment.