Fixing Wiggs would be very easy.

I've narrowed down why Wiggs is so OP and broken. It's the health gain on crits. That should only apply to Wiggs or not apply to anybody at all as it really should just be removed. There is no reason why they should apply that health gain on crits and buff Crit Chance and damage. Another rework could be that the health gain only applies on a normal attack, no crit.

Replies

• Wiggs is far from OP. I see them in arena and I smile knowing it will end quickly for them.
  • Wiggs is far from OP. I see them in arena and I smile knowing it will end quickly for them.

Great joke man. Really have me in stitches here.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Have you tried using Palp against them? Shock ruins them and their health gains.
    Better question is what squad do you use against Wiggs? There are far tougher teams and synergies in arena.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Wiggs is OP but they can be countered with the right team.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Have you tried using Palp against them? Shock ruins them and their health gains.
    Better question is what squad do you use against Wiggs? There are far tougher teams and synergies in arena.

This may surprise you, but the vast majority of players don't have Palpatine, and a great many that do aren't able to 7* him. In fact, you basically have to have Wiggs just to get Palpatine in the first place.
  • Rex, Sun Fac, B2, Aayla, JKA = dead Wiggs. All of those toons are FTP now, get farming.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Making the health gain only affect wiggs would actually make them more OP. Since it's part of Wedge's leader ability, the health gain ability only works when he is the leader of a team. If it were part of his passive, he wouldn't have to be leader which opens up what kind of teams you can have.
  • The Rebels as a whole are OP. I play only empire and going against a Chaze + wiggs with a STH or Lando can be a total nightmare. But let's hope some cool Empire toons show up to the dance. Wiggs are a cakewalk if you have a shoretrooper 3 or 4* and a good TFP. Palp is viable at 6*. I have him at that and works in top 10.
  • I woulda suggested lowering the increased crit chance on Biggs' assist from 75% to like 50 ish
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I don't have Wiggs, never did. Got 7* Palpatine easily...on auto. HRS almost single-handedly gave me the win. So fast, so much tm every time an Empire toon died, so much tm for his squad and a stun. Paired him up w/ Leia, Lando, AA and Raid Han. No ST Han, no Wiggs, no problem.
  • I think all it would take to change the fact that wiggs is in 17 of the top 20 teams on my shard is to reduce the speed boost from +9 right off the bat down to +5. You could even keep the 15 speed as people die. +45 speed right out of the gate is what makes them so dangerous. Take away that first OHKO before anybody else moves and they become just regular op toons instead of the arena gods they are right now.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Wiggs isn't even competitive any more...every day practically i see what once was a wedge team become an EP team, a Rex Hybrid, a Chirrut/Baze hybrid.

Great joke man. Really have me in stitches here.

I was actually serious. I walk through Wiggs teams in 90 seconds or less depending who is with them, and no I don't use Wiggs have not for over a month.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    Wiggs isn't even competitive any more...every day practically i see what once was a wedge team become an EP team, a Rex Hybrid, a Chirrut/Baze hybrid.

I agree I stomp them with ease.
  • The problem is the extra damage wiggs gets. Reduce that and it is fine.
  • tRRRey wrote: »

Never said I had trouble against Wiggs, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the statistics. Wiggs are two of the most common toons in top 20 arena and it's not hard to see why. All of these people that are on here claiming to not have a problem with Wiggs are either lying about not using Wiggs, or are exploiting Lando. The only viable counter to Wiggs is a faster Wiggs or multiple taunts such as ShoreTrooper with another taunt. Wiggs is OP and all of you that are trying to say otherwise might as well just leave because you are in the minority. Most people recognize how OP Wiggs are and this thread is about how to fix them while attempting to still have them viable for some dumb reason. If it were up to me, Rebels would be more Clone like and deal minimal damage considering how lucky they got in the movies. If it weren't for Luke, the Rebellion would have died in Episode 4. They should not be the powerhouses of this game like they so clearly are.
  • Poxx wrote: »

While it is possible to beat this team, the sheer number of these teams in the top 50 coupled with how specific the counters are? Let's be honest, Chaze, Palpatine and Shoretrooper aren't exactly easy to come by. None of them are available in nodes, and the Emperor's Demise event is, by developer definition, "extremely rare." Literally, none of the counters mentioned can be farmed except Rex, and to say "get farming" on random selection Fleet Arena shipments is just asinine.

If you really are seeing nothing but Chaze and Shoretroopers, then you're on a whale server, as these characters are only available through Chromiums currently. While I respect that people who invest the absurd amount of money required to have these characters 7-starred already should be more competitive, to claim that the whale's perspective "balanced" is either naive or ignorant. Or you're trolling.

To say its super easy to counter this combo is hilariously inaccurate. I agree with JediGhost 100% when he said:
    Never said I had trouble against Wiggs, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the statistics.
  • They are OP but we adapted ways to kill them. Unfortunately they added the shoretrooper which protects the Lando, Wiggs/Wedge making the team even more OP. Even at 4 star, shoretrooper is crazy tanky and has heal and critical immunity group buff.

• So if Wiggs is OP and they get nerfed, then what? ....

Now Baze / Shore / Chirrut is OP, nerfed

Now EP is OP, nerfed

We're going to end up at Obi leads again wanting to nerf Rey.
  • I think the op brings up a good point that the devs need to stop adding healing abilities to non healer type characters. At least 90% of the teams in my top 20 run healers, but I don't think you can find any character on any of those teams who runs a characters who's actually classed as a healer. Make Barris and lumi great again (or at least make people chose between do I want a healer or do I want a taunter?)
  • Lumi is an attacker.
  • Wiggs was OP at g10 lvl 80. If they are your worst concern on your arena shard now then you are a lucky potato.

I've had to bench them as they just werent cutting it in these new Chaze times (now there is an op combo to complain about)
  • So if Wiggs is OP and they get nerfed, then what? ....

Now Baze / Shore / Chirrut is OP, nerfed

Now EP is OP, nerfed

We're going to end up at Obi leads again wanting to nerf Rey.

And? At least everybody has the chance to fame those toons. The evasion meta was a joke, super easy and was mostly just dissolved because of whiners complaining about bad RNG.
  • I think the op brings up a good point that the devs need to stop adding healing abilities to non healer type characters. At least 90% of the teams in my top 20 run healers, but I don't think you can find any character on any of those teams who runs a characters who's actually classed as a healer. Make Barris and lumi great again (or at least make people chose between do I want a healer or do I want a taunter?)

I'd be fine if it was simply just natural health steal. But the additional health steal for everybody on crits that also give massive Crit Chance up is ridiculous. It's like giving you a sword that steals souls but only if you use two hands to use it, and it's a buster sword.
  • Lasserini wrote: »
    Wiggs was OP at g10 lvl 80. If they are your worst concern on your arena shard now then you are a lucky potato.

I've had to bench them as they just werent cutting it in these new Chaze times (now there is an op combo to complain about)

That was based on the Wiggs combo of synergy. These two person synergies would only work if every single toon in the game had another toon that synergizes with them like this in some way. Since it's just the Rebels that are getting it, they are bound to get a fair amount of justified hate for being OP. #SWGORebels
  • And? At least everybody has the chance to fame those toons.

I like that part.

• My point is that Wiggs is very fast turning into yesterdays news - They are not required for high end arena and beatable with plenty of toons.
    Good yes, OP no.

Chaze on the other hand, dear lord
  • Wiggs isnt the problem, its the secondary speed stats on mods. Even if youre lucky enough to get a purple or gold with 4 or 5 speed at level 1, good luck getting it above 10 or into the teens. Mods are what need some balancing in my opinion, characters are fine.
  • Wiggs teams are quite slow, because Ackbar and Lando provides nice speed bonus for rebel allies. Just find good speed team against them and they are very easy to defeat. Combine speed with good dmg (result of the combination is basically: Rey :) ).