Advice on how to beat Yoda Tier 5?

I've managed to get to him and have the following team;
Leader: Luminara 7* G7
Qui-Gin Jinn 5* G7
Jedi Consular 6* G7
Mace Windu 5* G7
Ahsoka Tano 5* G7

I managed barely quarter of Yoda's health? :/ He one hit KO'd Tano right off the bat, then hit someone else and does his annoying immunity to the next strike. The trouble is he then essentially one hit KO's most people and keeps doing the immunity after so 90% of my strikes can't hit him. All my gear 7's are like one piece of Gear 8, so I'm not sure what else I can do to actually do more damage? Surely I don't need to farmt o Gear 9!?

Replies

• Try to use anakin instead of Windu, and try to put qui gonn as leader. Also check your mods.
  • I'm following the mod guide for mods, so I hope its some use haha. Ok I'll try QGJ as leader. I unfortunately don't have Anakin yet, I do have Ima-Gun Di and Kit Fisto? Either a better option than my five?
  • Health mods bro. Nuff said. Also the Jedi I used and smashed Yoda were -

JKA
    Ashoka
    ImaGunDi
    Luminara
    Barris
  • You should farm aayla :wink:
  • I used Old Ben's leadership, with Anakin, Ahsoka, QGJ, and a very weak Mace. It was very easy for me and no stunning needed!
  • QGJ will be a better leader. Try IMG and Fisto in different combinations. Don't use Lumi heal ability or Yoda will copy the HoT. In fact, don't use any buffs.
  • I used Bariss Lumi snips jc and Qgj.
    Got me 7 star yoda.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Ashoka has a low health pool. I have her at almost Gear 10 and she's much better. My other Jedi are at gear 10 except for Mace.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Don't let him steal the health buff that Lumi provides. If he does just restart the match.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Yep - that's key - don't use Lumi's health until after he he steals your abilities. Use Barris or Consular for health because he can't steal it. Although Ashoka isn't the greatest, her special puts a good dent in opponent's health.

I forget how I did it - but Ima Gun Di and Aayla's counters will help a lot.
  • Well a month ago I would of said to drop most of those Jedi. But they are good ship pilots. I would stop farming Jc and ahsoka. Farm anakin asap and after that aayla. Best and most fun Jedi right there. Just make sure you are at same level or even higher than yoda. And make sure you have good gear on.
  • Speed mod arrows!
  • Bring his health to zero
  • Did they increase the difficulty back to where it used to be? I crushed Yoda for 7* and barely tried... 5* was much more difficult but that was before they nerfed the event...
  • Well I managed to beat him eventually without making any adjustments, it seemed an awful lot of randomness factoring into Yoda battles. One time I'd get him down to a single hit left of health, other times I wouldn't even get half his health bar. Mainly dependant on how often he spammed foresight, he did it several times in a row in one battle so I just never got to hit him, other times he barely used it and Mace should get his little lock on thing and wreck the guy.

So in the end it didn't feel like a tactical battle, more luck based.
    JTG79 wrote: »
    Bring his health to zero

Thanks haha.

• Its all about RNG. Just keep trying, if u can get more speed then do so, yoda is fast.

I had to beat the super hard yoda i must have played him a 100 times that week.
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • I thought tier 5 yoda was vicious. Fought him a hundred times before i beat him and activated him. I found tier 6 and 7 to be a joke in comparison. Beat tier 6 first try no sweat and tier 7 almost immediately tjereafter on my second attempt. I dont consider myself an awesome llauer or strategest by any means but thise last three fights were surprising to me.
  • I thought tier 5 yoda was vicious. Fought him a hundred times before i beat him and activated him. I found tier 6 and 7 to be a joke in comparison. Beat tier 6 first try no sweat and tier 7 almost immediately tjereafter on my second attempt. I dont consider myself an awesome llauer or strategest by any means but thise last three fights were surprising to me.

They nerfed the difficulty a while back, prob why 6 and 7 were so much easier
  • Be playing on July 12 when mods were OP that's how I got five star yoda
  • This event reminds me of the sole reason I farmed Eeth Koth haha