Character Strategy - Zam Wesell

2Next

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)

-New notes for Zam Wesell:
    1. Detonating Shot: Increased Turn Meter Gain by 3% across all ranks.
    2. See What Sticks: Cooldown reduced by 1.
    3. Electro-goggles: This ability can no longer be Evaded. Cooldown reduced by 1. Chance to Expose is now 100% at all ranks (can still be Resisted.) “Expose Chance” upgrades have been replaced with “Chance to gain Turn Meter” upgrades.
    4. Shapeshifter: Now grants a baseline amount of Evasion, and that amount is doubled when suffering a negative status effect.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    3. Electro-goggles: This ability can no longer be Evaded. Cooldown reduced by 1. Chance to Expose is now 100% at all ranks (can still be Resisted.) “Expose Chance” upgrades have been replaced with “Chance to gain Turn Meter” upgrades.
    4. Shapeshifter: Now grants a baseline amount of Evasion, and that amount is doubled when suffering a negative status effect.

Thank you for these fixes. The main issue still is her attack order.

Example vs rex/ee/aa

Attack 1 "see what sticks"
    Attack 2 "electro-goggles"
    Attack 3 "detonating shot"

Here's the issue, the detonators have detonated before she can even use basic. Other issue is they would have been cleansed.

Please consider changing to:

Attack 1 "electro-goggles"
    Attack 2 "see what sticks"

This helps that she'll have an opportunity to use basic to detonate, as well, aa/rex/ee will have cleansed "electro-goggles" instead of the dets.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    This is just an update to notes right? These changes came in several updates ago?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    RJ__Brando wrote: »

Thank you for these fixes. The main issue still is her attack order.

Example vs rex/ee/aa

Attack 1 "see what sticks"
    Attack 2 "electro-goggles"

Here's the issue, the detonators have detonated before she can even use basic. Other issue is they would have been cleansed.

Please consider changing to:

Attack 1 "electro-goggles"
    Attack 2 "see what sticks"

This helps that she'll have an opportunity to use basic to detonate, as well, aa/rex/ee will have cleansed "electro-goggles" instead of the dets.

This really is the issue with her on defense... TD's followed by electro googles makes no sense.

Zam should ideally default to her basic and use that attack vs any opposing character that has a bomb on them...

Order on defense should be...

First turn... "Electro goggles" (great vs dodge teams and the expose is useful regardless)

Second turn... "See what sticks"

Third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc... Should be "detonating shot"

Zam should always use detonating shot what an opposing character that can be targeted has a bomb on them and specifically target that character (barring a taunt from the other team)

She's really pretty awesome as it stands but ths would help make using her on defense less of a liability (and while you're at it fix the "no aoe on a taunting character" issue to make those characters (Lando, 88, etc) viable for holding defensively...

Zam's dodge chance behind a Cad led team with Han in the mix is pretty insane btw

• xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    I hid her and Nute behind Teebo, paired with Rey and Old Ben and found them surprisingly effective. I'll admit though, most of it was because the stealth functioned as it should bouncing around and offering her longevity enough to do what needs to be done. I remain optimistic that as I take her from G9 to 10 she'll find more usefulness.

I'd really love to find her a primary spot in my Rebels Arena squad to counter those annoying Evade teams, but she's still just too squishy. Health and Prot mods can only do so much without sacrificing Potency, and I need Crit on her to be effective at damage as well. Otherwise she still hits too weak, even with an Omega on Basic.

Yeah Zam is still low on protection pool and dosent have a strong basic damage.

As soon as I hit lvl 79 in 2 days I can get her to g10 and I can report back with how she turned out. I usually just stick with speeding up Zam and focusing on crit and potency.

I stuck a 5* crit mod with 30 speed on her then rest potency and crit chance and crit damage.

If Zam is squishy it's just best to have tons of speed to get off what you need because she won't survive many rounds.

Running Lando as lead my Zam has 210 speed and that's without the speed up from thermals so I usually get to use thermal then start a firing line before the other team gets too many moves off and because I typically run 4 scoundrels she gains all her TM right back and finishes the cycle with electro goggles
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Anyone working on her again since the Boba/bounty hunter changes?

I've been pairing her with him for raids and gw and am really wanting to give her gear to take her past g8 now haha.

Also, other than speed and potency is anything else actually useful for her mod-wise since pretty much all her damage is coming from bombs and expose? Other than potency to get the bombs on I'm not terribly certain of what else affects detonators if anything?
  • Mewingloki wrote: »
    Anyone working on her again since the Boba/bounty hunter changes?

I've been pairing her with him for raids and gw and am really wanting to give her gear to take her past g8 now haha.

Also, other than speed and potency is anything else actually useful for her mod-wise since pretty much all her damage is coming from bombs and expose? Other than potency to get the bombs on I'm not terribly certain of what else affects detonators if anything?

I prefer crit chance with speed and potency I've had her from before the update and only made minor tweaks since
  • Does crit chance affect thermal detonators in any way?
  • Mewingloki wrote: »
    Does crit chance affect thermal detonators in any way?
    Thermals have their own crit chance/damage stats, unaffected by who throws them or who detonates them. I believe it's 25/150.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953