Game Update - 1/28/2016

Replies

• Problem is this is another MAJOR change that affects many players strategies.....And it happened WITHOUT NOTICE YET AGAIN! I don't care if this put GW in line with other shipments....there was zero notice, and zero indication such a move was going to happen. Why couldn't they have just stated even 2 weeks ago they were going to make this change? As a player there is little I can do...except not spend another dime, and one star in Play Store.

This exactly. @EA_Jesse Would love to know the thought behind changing this with NO NOTICE again. I had saved up around 8,600 GW tokens for when new characters come out. If I knew of this change, I would have dumped all 8,600 into refreshes and Lumi shards to prep for the new shard trade in, in Feb update. Now my only choice is pay an insane price to use them all, stop playing GW all together (and in this case probably quit the game), or get multiple characters at once even if I don't want both. Otherwise, I'll end up staying at roughly 8,600 forever because you can earn 800 a day, and likely am only able to get to two shipments a day (400 x2 so 800), making what I saved up (and my ENTIRE PROGRESS in the game for the past month) completely pointless. I just don't understand this, even raising it 10 fold to 100 would be tolerable but annoying but changing it with NO NOTICE to $1 a refresh is infuriating
  • Interesting and challenging change. So today finish rank 1 no money spent though it's getting progressively hard to compete as other players fill out their rosters. Enjoying the game and the challenge. Today have 25k GW tokens saved up. Grabbed Luminara 7 star then saved from there. Phasma is very strong currently and worth getting however ai teams on D no matter what the developers claim receive additional attacks way more often than her used as your own leader from the general consensus of folks over time. This isn't just impression it's fact. I would say over the last 100 arena battles vs Phasma teams the chance for additional attacks is closer to 30 percent not 18. So think this will be fixed this patch and didn't want to use that character. I mean honestly lol the only thing she did in the entire movie was get thrown down a trash shoot and yet they made her a leader of 50 percent of top arena teams.

Was waiting for new content and thinking about 7 starring Poggle almost instantly. This throws a curve in the plan however one thought would be to keep saving. Wait for new content and then star two characters hopefully at once. You should be able to use 3600-4800 a day doing this and run out in say 5-8 days depending on stacked amount. I'm thinking they may have been planning on releasing a solid new character to GW and didn't want people in arena the next day with 7 star close to gear 8 wrecking everyone.

Thoughts?
  • @TruffleJones the OCD ... I can so agree ... but I think it would be a better idea to make all refreshes like GW refreshes perhaps a week after a bunch of new characters are released tbh .. haha I can dream XD
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Bravo29 wrote: »
    **** poor move for GW people got to 7* the freebie way now either we pay or wait weeks to get a character to 7*.

Ugh another game down he tubes.

How so? GW shipment refreshes every 6 hours, upgrades cost 400 tokens, and we get 1,200 tokens for completing GW. That means you can make 3 purchase per toon. A 4th time if you have some tokens saved.
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Thank you EA/CG! I always thought GW Shipments refresh should be with crystals instead. I mean, all the others are that way and GW is easiest to farm of all so. Thanks! :)

Agreed.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Bravo29 wrote: »
    **** poor move for GW people got to 7* the freebie way now either we pay or wait weeks to get a character to 7*.

Ugh another game down he tubes.

How so? This is now no different than any other shipment area. GW shipment refreshes every 6 hours, upgrades cost 400 tokens, and we only get 1,200 tokens for completing GW. That means you can make 3 purchase per day of a single toon. A 4th time if you have some tokens saved.
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Oh, they might make a few bucks less profit that way, we can't have that.
    I mean, it's not like this is a top 20 grossing game in the Android store.
    Oh wait -- it is.
    But, not good enough. Gotta squeeze everyone for every last frickin' dollar.
    LAME.

True dat

Agree!

TuanTran
  • im glad i started playing Hearthstone, now thats a player friendly game
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.
    I can't express how infuriating this completely unnecessary and cheap move is.
    As we sit for weeks waiting for new content, you guys prioritize lame cash grabs. And nice timing, since you knew many of us were saving tokens in advance of the new release.
    Very nice.

With all due respect EA never said new characters would be available in GW. In fact, if I remember correctly Jesse mentioned that a new premium character would be available in the Shard exchange (presumably only by purchase from shards of 7* toons.) This was an expectation that some players built up themselves.
  • Cythis wrote: »
    Great work on the Ugnaught fix that one was bothering me.

Lol
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    New content? Nowhere in site. Not even previews.
    Everyone at CG except Jesse has gone radio silent.
    Instead this is what we get: a handful of bug fixes (finally, thank you) and a pathetic cash grab that screws over players who were patiently saving their tokens.

I have been trying to message @CG_LucifersDaddy about a possible cheater, and can't. So yeahz total radio silence, even in stuff they threw at us as a bone to calm us (like dealing with cheaters)
  • Nearly every "update" the devs implemented have made this game either more expensive and outright frustrating to frequent customers. I dread seeing updates now cause I imagine the price of crystals will go up or the price to refresh energy is probably next on the list. Never seen a company so greedy and ruthless to their customers, consistently raising the price of everything.
  • It's weird, when I ranted on their cash grab, most called me a whiner and told me to buy something or walk. Then they said prices are normal for this game....

Knew this day was coming....
  • Geez, I came to this game from that Perambulating Necrotics: Tarmac to Continuity game and was wowed by the active and positive developer, moderator, and community conversation here.

It really felt like the developers were focused on gameplay, not monetizing every aspect of the game. And the tone here was one of appreciation, folks happily spending.

However, in just two months there have been several moves that I can't help but shake my head and think I was wrong. Perhaps it's just a consequence of the freemium model...but this game feels like it's taking a similar turn. I spotted it early in that other game, and it's starting to feel similar here. The promises of transparency and of great things coming simultaneous to disappearing packages, price increases and other stealthy changes to players detriment and expense while ignoring active bugs and gameplay issues all the while the developer and moderator interactions seem to dwindle...it feels like I've been down this road before.

Thus I formally submit and suggest the following homophonic gernericization and portmanteau definition as description of this decision, it's a real scope-play:
    scope-play (n): a stealthy conversion of free in-game rewards to premium pay-walled incentives to the detriment of gameplay; a game change simply to further monetize gameplay. Note: verb and gerund forms are also acceptable, but adverbs become difficult, e.g. scope-playly.
  • mosdefinitely
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    funny thing is they probably read all the comment but still dont give af, and they are sooo slow on brining us new content but giving us updates where they get more money that they have time for, another game i will probably quit
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    Is there anything you don't complain about?

Yes: changes that don't deserve complaints. I didn't complain about the Jinn change, though I sympathized with those who did because I could see where they were coming from. And I do appreciate that they at least fixed a few bugs. Finally.
    That there have been precious few changes not deserving of complaints around here is on the developers, not me. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. And I'm not pulling punches for you or anyone else. If you don't like my posts, don't read them.

Ok so, you determine which changes deserve complaints and then you proceed to spam the forum for days (weeks with GW) about your complaints.

You don't have to pull any punches, but you come off as being whiny.

Based on the forums, I have no idea why any of you people keep playing. All negativity, it's so toxic.

It seems that any change that directly makes things harder on you, you complain about...and complain about and complain about...
  • I really wouldnt mind this update as much if they added that refreshing on one shipment table reset the cool downs on all shipment tables, but currently it doesnt hence why it really is a money grab
  • EM650 wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.
    I can't express how infuriating this completely unnecessary and cheap move is.
    As we sit for weeks waiting for new content, you guys prioritize lame cash grabs. And nice timing, since you knew many of us were saving tokens in advance of the new release.
    Very nice.

With all due respect EA never said new characters would be available in GW. In fact, if I remember correctly Jesse mentioned that a new premium character would be available in the Shard exchange (presumably only by purchase from shards of 7* toons.) This was an expectation that some players built up themselves.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe they have confirmed they will cycle in and out characters in GW and promised us a heads up before characters leave so we can get them if we want. The statement was the entire reason I started hoarding my GW tokens instead of 7* Poggle/Phasma or grabbing extra shards of Lumi for the exchange. Horrible feeling knowing every GW run I've done in about the past month was for nothing
  • +1 for bug fixes
    -100 for gw refresh change. What am I supposed to do with 330 tokens?
  • +1 for bug fixes
    -100 for gw refresh change. What am I supposed to do with 330 tokens?

Same question here.
  • jtveclipse12
    158 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Everyone should get their odd number of crystals rounded up to the nearest 200. Im now stuck with 20 wasted crystals.

@EA_Jesse Also this sorta of update needs to be notified in the game. People may blinding go in and refresh the gw shipments not realizing that is now using their crystals instead.
  • I actually ended on 400 by some random miracle, but this is still a stupid update, maybe EA should start making official polls and need 60% vote to get it to pass, kind of like the government, oh wait...... Nvm
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Everyone should get their odd number of crystals rounded up to the nearest 200. Im now stuck with 20 wasted crystals.

Also this sorta of update needs to be notified in the game. People may blinding go in a refresh the gw shipments not realizing that is now using their crystals instead.

What is 20 crystals going to do? I mean, it was 2 refreshes before, and that's 12 hours of waiting right? Even if they round it up to 100, that still is only 1/4th of the required amount!

• To be clear on my previous post...I'm not against the change. My problem is that it should have cost crystals from the start. Now me and probably 500,000 other people have an excess of GW tokens we are never going to be able to use.

You might argue that it's only 5 character shards and that's okay. How about giving us 5( or 10 would be better) free shards for the next hero you put in gw shipments? It would really help to smooth over this oversight.
  • jafla wrote: »
    Phasma is very strong currently and worth getting however ai teams on D no matter what the developers claim receive additional attacks way more often than her used as your own leader from the general consensus of folks over time. This isn't just impression it's fact. I would say over the last 100 arena battles vs Phasma teams the chance for additional attacks is closer to 30 percent not 18. So think this will be fixed this patch and didn't want to use that character.

Incorrect.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7368/bang-bang-she-shot-me-down-captain-phasma-and-her-crazy-assist-proc-rating/p1
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • mpls_GTR
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    How about a fix for the ridiculous Phasm bonus attack, Lumi's ridiculous leader dodge, and the out of control rate at which teams get their speed bars back in GW. Trying to deal with 2-3 teams in a row that are 9 levels above me that get all those extras is simply ****. Pretty much wiped out in 2 rounds.

Rant over.

edit- Apparently, cosmicturtle shows that Phasma is not bonus attacking me to death... Sure as hell seems like it though.
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Cythis wrote: »
    Great work on the Ugnaught fix that one was bothering me.

Hahaha
  • Haven't once used the refresh on GW and I never will. I wait the 6 hours like a good person because I don't want to be one of these **** so mad that they can't refresh anymore. "Money grab!" no ****, it's a way to keep people playing longer. You know, so you can't 7 star in a few days because you have no life. F2p doesn't just mean people that don't pay, it means people that are not on this game 24/7. Good luck beating me in arena now. Your tears are delicious.
  • Just need to add some things to buy for less than 400 crystals/5 shards now for all the 180 GW token types left out there...

10 GW tokens=10K credits, for example.
  • Mclohan
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Everyone on here has a right to be upset with ea. Money grabs are getting old, when are we going to get back to the days of actually pleasing instead of teasing CUSTOMERS? Sadly I'm used to this treatment from ea. Anyone who knows them knows they basically revolutionized the cash grab.. Madden ultimate scheme anyone?
This discussion has been closed.