Has the top tier of AGI/STR/TAC challenges become irrelevant?

Me personally, I havent farmed the top tier in 2 weeks.

STR - I farm tier IV as I always need those mkIV purple keyboards.
AGI - i farm tier III... mk3 droid callers... need I say more?
TAC - the only thing you might need is those blue mkV powercell salvages

Are others in the same position?

Replies

• Ya, I wish ability materials challenge also had options like the gear challenges do, because I have way too many blue materials and could use some more purple or green
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I personnally farm tier 2 to get the most of the mk3 arakyd stuff and the mk5 loronar stuff

It s crazy that tier 2 is better than tier 5
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i farm AGI tier V for syringes. I think you need a gazillion of those Mk8 biotech implant salvages from the STR challenge in the long run, but currently i'm also farming tier IV for the laptops.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    i farm AGI tier V for syringes. I think you need a gazillion of those Mk8 biotech implant salvages from the STR challenge in the long run, but currently i'm also farming tier IV for the laptops.

That is the hardest choice for me, choosing either the Mk 3 droid callers or the Mk 6 syringes
  • I no longer do the highest tiers they dont have any gear I need.

I will be doing Tier V agility when I start to run low on syringes but for now I need the droid callers more.
  • I personnally farm tier 2 to get the most of the mk3 arakyd stuff and the mk5 loronar stuff

It s crazy that tier 2 is better than tier 5
    Tier 2 has the highest potential, Tier 3 has the highest average. Over the long run you get more with the T3.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sleek_Viper
    345 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Would love for the top tier to give all prevous prizes as well.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Would love for the top tier to give all previous prizes as well.

+1 I almost never do the high tiers lol
  • I do the last tier for those syringes, but the challenges are absolutely terrible otherwise. You should get gear you need, and a bunch makes no sense. Why do I have 500 Mk5 keypads, but 5 Mk4 keypads? that isn't how it should work
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I do the last challenge of the strength challenge? It gives you the yellow eyeballs. If you run droids, 88 and 86 both need 2 each at 60 a pop. So that's 240 of those eyeballs.

I alternate between level 3 and level 5 of the AGI challenge depending if I need blue droid callers or purple hair dryers at the moment. Every new toon needs like 40 droid callers so I keep having to go back to that.

And the TAC challenge I just do the last one but it doesn't matter. I don't need any of that gear.
  • Would love for the top tier to give all prevous prizes as well.

This +1
  • I haven't bothered to 3* any of the gear challenges. Compared to the ability mat challenge, which can award Omegas, all the other top challenges seem sub-par.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I haven't bothered to 3* any of the gear challenges. Compared to the ability mat challenge, which can award Omegas, all the other top challenges seem sub-par.

I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread only stopped farming the top tier after they farmed atleast 50 of those gold pieces. There's nothing sub-par about those gold pieces, but the demand for lower tier gear is simply higher (in most cases).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    I haven't bothered to 3* any of the gear challenges. Compared to the ability mat challenge, which can award Omegas, all the other top challenges seem sub-par.

I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread only stopped farming the top tier after they farmed atleast 50 of those gold pieces. There's nothing sub-par about those gold pieces, but the demand for lower tier gear is simply higher (in most cases).

Once i had 180 of each gold i farmed the lower tiers. Its a bad system
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Really, the challenges should provide generic credits or tokens of some description which can be traded in for selected gear of your choosing in a shop or exchange - similar to the shard shop.

Its pointless providing you with further gear you already have 1000+ pieces of - which might gear obscure toons you're not likely to farm anyway.

Its just lazy programming or intentionally frustrating the players.
  • I have done the top tier challanges only a handfull of time
  • Exactly what I do....except I farm the syringes as well at times because they are also needed :smiley:
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    mtheu should change it
  • Yep, OP I do the same thing.
  • You need a lot more mk6 syringes then you do those mk3 droid callers so I always farm those in t6. It's also easier to get the mk3 droid callers in normal battles so that's where I get those if I need them. Currently I don't need any and have a bunch.