Mods: give back control to players

Dear Devs,

I would like to make some suggestion to the part of the game creating the most disappointment: mods. Mods are the root of all other problems (GW, AAT, etc), as with incredible mods you can post outstanding score,

The problem with mods is 80% of the optimal combinations of mods require only one set of mods: primary speed on arrow, triangle with crit damage/chance, cross with offense/potency, circle with protection all of them with the most speed secondaries.

The last point is what cause troubles to players, not only should players farm for the right primary and bonus set, but then they have to prey RNG god to get an A-B quality mod and that speed secondary are hit during the leveling process.

I am suggesting some idea to diminish the craziness.

1. Offer the ability to reroll the secondary stats increase again: basically, return the mods to base stat and let the players spend again his credit get the desired secondary speed. (This could be crystal based).
2. Increase drop rate.

I hope you got my message and you will a solution to this illness of the game.

Kind regards

Replies

• Options
    Re-rolling sounds awful. How about no rng, and all the stats increase at a consistent rate?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I've already posted the Mod craziness:

In case you need one matching Mod:

1:3 Chance for a Mod to drop
    1:6 chance to get Receiver
    1:5 Chance for Rarity (soon 1:7)
    1:5 Chance for Quality
    1:8 (?) for Primary
    1:8 (?) for Secondary Speed
    1:6 for high stat on 2ndary Speed
    1:4 to get speed up at level 3
    1:6 to get max stat added to 2ndary Speed
    1:4 speed up at level 6
    1:6 max stat added
    1:4 speed at level 9
    1:4 speed at level 12

These odds are worse if you take care of the drop chances for Rarity and Quality

Maybe if one or two other secondaries would be better than Speed, it will be more balanced and less frustrating...

Rock - Paper - Scissors example:

Crit immunity -> crit chance/crit damage -> health -> speed -> protection/defense -> offense -> Crit immunity....

Something like that....

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Good mods should b difficult to come by. This is just another case of "gimme everything now, i have no patience". There is nothing unfair. Everyone has the same chances at the same mods that everyone else has, provided u have the team to open them and 3* the 3rd challenge. Mods, like everything else, is a grind.

So what if someone else has faster secondary speed than u do ? It could have just as easily been your mod. Luck of the draw.
  • Options
    Yeah why are you complaining about a gambling game hiding behind the Star Wars name tag????
  • Options
    Oh sorry, I re-read.

You are saying that instead of being based upon how 'lucky' you are in the mod gamble, some sort of skill/strategy should be more important?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just give us one lvl of selection, we now have to rng for shape, primary, and dot (3,4,5)

Let us farm at 5 dot.
    Or
    Primary
    Or
    Shape

If they gave us one of those and kept drop rates the same we would have a greater chance to get what we need. Shape would be best, if they did shape and 5 dot, I would literally **** myself.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Good mods should b difficult to come by. This is just another case of "gimme everything now, i have no patience". There is nothing unfair. Everyone has the same chances at the same mods that everyone else has, provided u have the team to open them and 3* the 3rd challenge. Mods, like everything else, is a grind.

So what if someone else has faster secondary speed than u do ? It could have just as easily been your mod. Luck of the draw.

It's more of a paywall argument. There is not a single aspect of this game where everyone has the same chance. You spend hoards of cash, you have a better chance at better mods. I didn't mind it so much, but with the AAT raid, there is enormous pressure to have the perfect mods (especially speed secondaries).
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

It's more of a paywall argument. There is not a single aspect of this game where everyone has the same chance. You spend hoards of cash, you have a better chance at better mods. I didn't mind it so much, but with the AAT raid, there is enormous pressure to have the perfect mods (especially speed secondaries).

If u r f2p...nothing wrong with that btw, what makes u think u should b competitive w/ p2p on all fronts ? Compete for personal bests, coompete w/ other f2p. U dont have to b #1 to have fun.

Ever play a MMORPG ? Did u complain that your low-lvl toon didn't get invites to the newest, biggest, baddest dungeon for the best gear or did u accept that u weren't rdy and worked towards it ?

At least the rng gives u a chance at the best mods vs. no chance. Consider yourself lucky.
  • Options
    I agree with the posters sentiment but I dont agree with rerolling. It will lean more for P2P the already P2W biased game. I think improving the drop rate will be a good step. Actually for all drops would be friendly especially foe new players.
  • Options

You don't have a better chance as in odds you have a better chance due to volume. I have a ton of great F2P players in my guild that have awesome mods. They put in major farming effort to get them putting other things on hold. You have the option to do that too, it is a choice. Also I have total respect for F2p. I simply lack patience to do it if I'm honest. I say this not to be rude, but to be real. Why should you get to be equal in ever aspect, especially something like mods with people dropping serious cash on them when you do not? People talk of fair, how is that fair? Should your Chevy Cruise go as fast and perform as good as the Corvette another spent a ton more money on? No, so why should you get the same mods as one that spent a ton of money on them? F2P does not limit your mods. I have several F2P in my guild that have mods on par with P2P and even high P2P because they made it their entire Cantina focus until they got what they felt was good. That is very respectable. Heck 2 of them have a higher speed secondary than any of mine and I'm a whale. My thoughts, they deserved it for the hard work and commitment to go all in on them.

To the OP I'd honestly not mind a reroll. So often I've bought an expensive mod in hopes the speed climbs only to bust.
  • Options

That's not true since drop rates were nerfed AFTER whales had the chance to farm literally thousands of mods to choose from, this is definitely not the case anymore
  • Shax
    77 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

You don't have a better chance as in odds you have a better chance due to volume. I have a ton of great F2P players in my guild that have awesome mods. They put in major farming effort to get them putting other things on hold. You have the option to do that too, it is a choice. Also I have total respect for F2p. I simply lack patience to do it if I'm honest. I say this not to be rude, but to be real. Why should you get to be equal in ever aspect, especially something like mods with people dropping serious cash on them when you do not? People talk of fair, how is that fair? Should your Chevy Cruise go as fast and perform as good as the Corvette another spent a ton more money on? No, so why should you get the same mods as one that spent a ton of money on them? F2P does not limit your mods. I have several F2P in my guild that have mods on par with P2P and even high P2P because they made it their entire Cantina focus until they got what they felt was good. That is very respectable. Heck 2 of them have a higher speed secondary than any of mine and I'm a whale. My thoughts, they deserved it for the hard work and commitment to go all in on them.

To the OP I'd honestly not mind a reroll. So often I've bought an expensive mod in hopes the speed climbs only to bust.

Exactly! The game is free to play, but pay to win. Everyone plays for free, that includes whales. The merchandise being sold here is being a winner. Unlike the traditional games of the past victories are not earned by skill, dedication or even luck. Victories are earned with cold hard cash, so if you want people to drool while pointing at you in awe, you are going to have to pay up.
    Don't dispair though, if you want to join the upper echelons and look down upon the grey masses from your golden pedestal, you don't have to buy a ferrari, you can do so for a price of a few bottles of champagne.

To OP
    I think a much simpler solution would be to make the secodary stats .. .well ...secondary. It kinda lies in the name, the primary stat should be the important one, and the secondary - a bonus. It should not overshadow the primary stat.
  • Options

I have been farming critical damage mods since September, spending 600 crystals everyday since then, buying mod packs (5 per day available)... I still did not got a single triangle with crit damage bonus set and primary with more than 5 speed.

Please tell me again that this is a "gimme everything now post" seriously.

I am trying to find a solution for the disappointment of many players, even better drop rate would not help the craziness of speed secondaries...
  • Options
    Shax wrote: »

Exactly! The game is free to play, but pay to win. Everyone plays for free, that includes whales. The merchandise being sold here is being a winner. Unlike the traditional games of the past victories are not earned by skill, dedication or even luck. Victories are earned with cold hard cash, so if you want people to drool while pointing at you in awe, you are going to have to pay up.
    Don't dispair though, if you want to join the upper echelons and look down upon the grey masses from your golden pedestal, you don't have to buy a ferrari, you can do so for a price of a few bottles of champagne.

To OP
    I think a much simpler solution would be to make the secodary stats .. .well ...secondary. It kinda lies in the name, the primary stat should be the important one, and the secondary - a bonus. It should not overshadow the primary stat.

I agree. I'm not saying F2P should get the same stuff as P2P, I'm saying there's increased pressure to have mods with those speed secondaries, which has led to a lot of problems, including breaking up guilds.
  • Options
    Something needs to be done. Arena is less about the quality of your squad and more about how fast everybody is right now, been that way for a while actually.

I think there should be some kind of ceiling for secondary speed in particular. Secondly, I think the re-roll ability would be a good solution. 50-crystals per re-roll or something like that seems fair. OR, let us program the mods how we want. Maybe create the mods so when I select and adjust one stat it takes away from another field, so I can't just create won mega-awesome mod; I have to pick what I want the mod to be strong in and weak in.
  • SirDave314159
    60 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I posted a related suggestion back at the end of November which also addresses the potential problem of adding tier 6 and 7 mods to the game:

Retool mods to only drop in the normal mod tables, where you at least get to choose the set and shape of which mod drops. Then have challenges drop tiered, set specific mod upgrades that take an existing mod and improve it to the next tier. All primary and secondary stats would numerically upgrade to the ranges of the new tier but would otherwise remain the same.

Ideally I would love to see at least 2-3 other layers of the RNG taken out of the mod system, but that would be more troublesome to retrofit. Simply adding a way to upgrade existing mods to more dots the same way we upgrade toons to more stars would solve a number of problems at once, and not invalidate any mods already in the game. As an added bonus, all that work done on the "normal" mod table with its 8 tiers of battles wouldn't be as thoroughly wasted as it is now.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure what the exact answer is but I'm tired of losing solely on the fact that I don't have as good as speed secondary stats and I don't even have the opportunity to buy them; it's sheer dumb luck. I've read mod guides from those that claim to have a system but it's still dumb luck. Most of the time if I get a blue, purple, or gold mod with 4 or 5 speed on there; it DOESN'T EVEN LEVEL ONCE!!! Even the ones I've paid 3,200 crystals for! The Mod system is so broken, please do something to balance secondary speed stats somehow. It sucks to take the time to farm the characters or even buy the packs and still not be able to use them because they're not fast enough, it's ridiculous.

@CG_CapGaSP
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse
  • Options
    I posted a related suggestion back at the end of November which also addresses the potential problem of adding tier 6 and 7 mods to the game:

Retool mods to only drop in the normal mod tables, where you at least get to choose the set and shape of which mod drops. Then have challenges drop tiered, set specific mod upgrades that take an existing mod and improve it to the next tier. All primary and secondary stats would numerically upgrade to the ranges of the new tier but would otherwise remain the same.

Ideally I would love to see at least 2-3 other layers of the RNG taken out of the mod system, but that would be more troublesome to retrofit. Simply adding a way to upgrade existing mods to more dots the same way we upgrade toons to more stars would solve a number of problems at once, and not invalidate any mods already in the game. As an added bonus, all that work done on the "normal" mod table with its 8 tiers of battles wouldn't be as thoroughly wasted as it is now.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/81825/introducing-new-mods/p1

I love taking RNG out of the system too!