Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.

Replies

• Hate it
    Ztyle wrote: »
    The change doesn't effect me, but I hate when game companies does things like this and with out any pre warning, and there are people whom got an odd token balance that will stay like that, for you can only use 400 at the time, just think that there could be some out there that just before the matinence decited to use the refress for the first time, they are now forced to look at 390 tokens that are unuseble, way to go CG, seems like capital stans for money, and not the dream of being the "Capital" of games

they should, at a bare minimum, round up for us that did that. I'm in a similar situation and now have unsuable tokens :(
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Hate it
    They saw people like me doing this:

image_zpsnpjliqan.png

....and decided to cash in.
  • Hate it
    I think it is lame personally. Sure it aligns it with other shipments, but you made it harder for F2P to complete it, then make it cost to refresh. Does not effect me severely as I do always have plenty of crystals on hand, but I'd rather use them elsewhere. To me just another money grab. I'm not a big gammer, but when I find one I like I spend, as I have a lot on this one. I play Future Fight and their price point and ROI is so much better and more friendly. Some of the things here lately have made me think that I'll just take my money to that game. I was spending a lot here, a little there, but with all these changes and the poor ROI at higher level my money might be better served elsewhere, though I vastly prefer this games play and theme to FF, it may be time to F2P here and spend there. I have pretty much every toon I want unlocked, leveled, and geared. I can take 1st vs teams at 4k+ power than me on demand. Was bored today so I did. Finish GW daily. Not a brag post, just one saying these negative changes on forum and to game are really a turn off and since I accomplished what I wanted and achieved the top many times the only thing keeping me was having fun leveling, gearing and playing and my love of Star Wars, but the blatant grab to bleed every possible cent is getting silly. I have plenty of discretionary income, no not daddies money as some here have, but my own from working my tail off, does not mean I want to waste it on a game that only cares about extracting every cent. No I'm not attacking EA and CG. They made an awesome game. My favorite I've ever played on this platform, but the ROI and Cost of play is getting to be a bit much for a phone game IMO. You will chase off a lot of players, and newer ones are less likely to stick. That hurts us all and I'd hate to see the game fail over it.

One the positive I like the bug fixes and I like the Training Droids that were added in the store. Leia getting fixed is nice, as was Dooku. The revive is nice too now that it is fixed. Thank you for that.

I'd not write this if I did not love the game and want to see it succeed and grow. I open businesses and fix struggling ones as my job and guys the 1% of spenders does not keep a business afloat. They certainly help, however it is your F2P base that keeps it interesting and full of opponents. It is your lower to mid level spenders(the majority of spenders) that keep the pulse going. The 1% whales will give you the huge boost, but they can't sustain a business alone if you chase your majority customer away, and the refill rates, the refresh costs are going to chase people away.

Ok my little soepbox is over. I'm sure it will draw some hate my way, but I'm only speaking the truth as one who has seen businesses die and nearly die(but wake up to reality) trying to only care about the 1%. I'm no whale, but I'm not just your mid level spender either. I've probably dumped close to $2k in the game. I say that to avoid some of the possible "shut up and buy stuff" hate I've seen others get, not to brag about spending.

May the force be with everyone. Happy Gaming.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Hate it
    Nice post @DarthMasterShawn
  • Hate it
    Great...now I'll never have an even hundred in GW tokens. Smdh
  • Hate it
    yup ROI is horrible in this game

They should look at Clash of Clans and notice how they've kept so many people playing the game and dropping a few bucks on a constant basis
  • Awesome this apparently went into effect early this morning. I refreshed a while back and was stuck with 190 crystals. Today was the last day to spend the remaining 20 crystals. So i wouldn't of had and odd amount.

I did the refreshes today. Not looking at the currency. I still have the 20 crystals and my refresh is NOT at 50 crystals.... yep just wasted crystals -_-

Did i miss this in patch notes somewhere?
  • Doesnt effect me
    Awesome this apparently went into effect early this morning. I refreshed a while back and was stuck with 190 crystals. Today was the last day to spend the remaining 20 crystals. So i wouldn't of had and odd amount.

I did the refreshes today. Not looking at the currency. I still have the 20 crystals and my refresh is NOT at 50 crystals.... yep just wasted crystals -_-

Please don't take this the wrong way but your post doesn't make sense. If you had 190 why would you refresh? It's not enough for a purchase and you end up with 20 how?
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Hate it
    Daishi wrote: »
    More reasons to delete this app and move on. Maybe back to the DBZ game. It got stale but at least it was less greedy.

IMO all 3 types of store refreshes should cost 50 of the currency for that store, or 5-10 crystal.

Really? that make ppl quit the game? Iol
  • Doesnt effect me
    It doesn't affect me as I have been mining NS Initiate, Lumi and Phasma and have not been saving up crystals. But it is a low move from CG and EA.
    At least it still refreshes for free after 6 hours.
  • Awesome this apparently went into effect early this morning. I refreshed a while back and was stuck with 190 crystals. Today was the last day to spend the remaining 20 crystals. So i wouldn't of had and odd amount.

Please don't take this the wrong way but your post doesn't make sense. If you had 190 why would you refresh? It's not enough for a purchase and you end up with 20 how?

Used the other 170 on refreshes this week cause there was nothing else to do with them.
  • XxLordRevan
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    In the rules it clearly says to Collect war tokens to spend on GW items. Take a look it's at the very bottom. Nothing about spending crystals for GW items.. Although I could understand if 50 crystals would let you reset GW.
    "Who I am is not important, my message is."
    - Revan
  • Doesnt effect me
    Awesome this apparently went into effect early this morning. I refreshed a while back and was stuck with 190 crystals. Today was the last day to spend the remaining 20 crystals. So i wouldn't of had and odd amount.

Used the other 170 on refreshes this week cause there was nothing else to do with them.

ca26d62de955fdce6b2964e11e89deae.jpg
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Hate it
    I have to farm shards for 3 chars (IG-86, Lumi, Phasma) in GW so of course I absolutly don't like this change. Will take me a lot longer now to star my guys up. And no, I won't use crystals to speed it up. And no, I won't spend any more money on the game because of that.
  • Vodo wrote: »
    I have to farm shards for 3 chars (IG-86, Lumi, Phasma) in GW so of course I absolutly don't like this change. Will take me a lot longer now to star my guys up. And no, I won't use crystals to speed it up. And no, I won't spend any more money on the game because of that.

You can only get 1200 gw crystals in a day. You can easily purchase 3 shipments at separate times in the day. Which nets you 15 shards for the same character in 1 day.

Using them to refresh the shipments would actually slow you down.

If you did one reset, you ended up with 190 crystals.... then you had 190 just sitting there. In order to make any use of them you would need to use them in more refeshes. Now that you used that 190 on more refresh.... youd run into another problem. You would have 200 crystals at the end of the end of the day and no need to use them on refreshes.

Changing these to purple crystals does make more sense. But its really gonna hurt you in 2 scenarios. A: if youve been saving up gw tokens and B: if you only needed one more shipment to promote and you were using that character in your arena.
  • It has to be a surprise change so people with vast amount of shards cant adapt. A typical move from EA.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Hate it
    Vodo wrote: »

You can only get 1200 gw crystals in a day. You can easily purchase 3 shipments at separate times in the day. Which nets you 15 shards for the same character in 1 day.

Using them to refresh the shipments would actually slow you down.

If you did one reset, you ended up with 190 crystals.... then you had 190 just sitting there. In order to make any use of them you would need to use them in more refeshes. Now that you used that 190 on more refresh.... youd run into another problem. You would have 200 crystals at the end of the end of the day and no need to use them on refreshes.

Changing these to purple crystals does make more sense. But its really gonna hurt you in 2 scenarios. A: if youve been saving up gw tokens and B: if you only needed one more shipment to promote and you were using that character in your arena.

In theory, yeah. But I work everday, 5 or 6 days a week, and I won't/can't plan my life based on refresh times in a game. I usually stocked up on GW tokens a few day and then spend 'em. Didn't mind the 10 tokens, it's nothing.

I play for a bit over a month now (IIRC) and almost every change they made in this time was a bad one in my opinion. And every bad change makes it less likely for me to spend more money on this game.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    im Neutral about this (lol idk why i selected Hate it).. even though i didnt have any War Token save up. When I first unlocked GW i noticed why GW only need 10 War Token to refresh while Cantina/Arena shipment need 50 Crystal to refresh.

I guess they just fixed it, not like something they intend to make F2P suffer..
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Hate it
    Song wrote: »
    You mean like the retreat change it GW?

"Well, you know guys it was never planned this way (although somebody programmed it exactly like that) but we didn't realise for, umhh, 3 or 4 month"

;)
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Hate it

"Well, you know guys it was never planned this way (although somebody programmed it exactly like that) but we didn't realise for, umhh, 3 or 4 month"

;)
    im talking about the refresh on the war token. Seriously the retreat in GW doesn't affect me. i still won almost everyday. You have trouble lol?
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Hate it

;)
    im talking about the refresh on the war token. Seriously the retreat in GW doesn't affect me. i still won almost everyday. You have trouble lol?

I was referring to your statement that it's rather a fix then a change. But nvm, I already care too much about that all, it's just a game
  • Hate it
    I'm guessing they checked their data that majority of their players base are clearing GW and getting their heroes to 7 stars faster than they can participated. You can't blame them since they have dozen of millionaires to feed.
  • Hate it
    Wow real **** move.

Although it doesn't affect me, it's a big middle finger to those that have saved their tokens up. At least give a few days heads up for the players to spend the banked tokens.

Over the span of this game, CG has not been giving a good impression with their decision making.
  • Hate it
    I ran straight here to complain. Hate it.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Dont care
    Still doesn't make sense..

If they did this in anticipation for the patch, why do it possibly weeks before the patch came out? Why not introduce this change ALONG WITH new content/new character in GW to ease the blow? Better yet, why not announce ahead of time that this change was coming? Why focus on bringing this negative change while fixing some minor bugs that weren't even of great concern to much of the community? Also, I thought this patch was about the "key card" change. This wasn't even mentioned in the notes?

It seems like the mods communication with the community is dwindling, yet they release these small patches that impact the community in a more negative fashion (while fixing minor bugs instead of major ones), all while the release of this new content update remains Soon™.
  • Hate it
    Well. I have 27,000 GW tokens (I'm pay very light, couple of Xtal subs in Decemeber) and now much sadness. Still, it is only a game, which albeit has **** more time out of than it should have.

It is worth noting this
    http://investor.ea.com/releases.cfm

the recent results were below investor expectations, and the forward "guidance" for the financial quarter also lower (you'll have to look up broker reports) ....now this component is only a small part of EA (but there's a financial pressure); but I guess [complete assumption] they are sitting on a lot of player data showing:

A significant amount of players like me hoarding GW tokens
    Out of these players, a significant amount who have paid money
    New shard shop coming
    There's a good chance they could convert people to pay for GW refreshes
    while also protecting the shard shop economy.

Even without the money component, if a lot of ppl hoardin tokens, they need to protect the shard shop economy. However, warning would have been nice, so people who then wanted to just eg complete a poggle or a biggs rather than wait, could have done so.

{I posted it else where but seems a better part of this conversation)
  • Hate it
    Ok guys this is based on the shard shop speculation.

If it works the way most people are proposing then this change kinda makes sense.
    You can't be recharging to get say for eg extra Lum shards at a different price.

Then again making in-game changes without any notice is really what ticked me off. This is not unprecedented. The most insignificant changes always get into the changelog while the significant ones get omitted.

We get explanations from the devs but this just keeps repeating. Makes me doubt the sincerity really.

Please please inform us in the future. Yes we're gonna find out anyway but an official word is always welcome.
  • Hate it
    This move doesn't surprise me. Let's be real here, no matter how nice the devs are to us and asking for opinions for changes ect we all know deep down they are doing everything they can to get more money out of you. I do feel sorry for everyone that did save their tokens. Just as the other players above me said, cheap move.
    The only real way to counter this change if you use to rely on the refresh is to log in every 6 hours to collect the shipments but that's unrealistic and that's also what they want you to do. More time playing = more possible income for them. Let's await the devs and see how they'll try to spin this one on us to keep the bridge from burning.
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Dont care
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    This move doesn't surprise me. Let's be real here, no matter how nice the devs are to us and asking for opinions for changes ect we all know deep down they are doing everything they can to get more money out of you. I do feel sorry for everyone that did save their tokens. Just as the other players above me said, cheap move.
    The only real way to counter this change if you use to rely on the refresh is to log in every 6 hours to collect the shipments but that's unrealistic and that's also what they want you to do. More time playing = more possible income for them. Let's await the devs and see how they'll try to spin this one on us to keep the bridge from burning.

I think they will release Preview Part 2 of the Soon™ patch and say "A new character will be added to GW"

Then they will release another 1-2 small patches that negatively affect players while bouncing back with their Preview Part 3 and 4. Before we know it refreshes cost twice as much, it's March, and still no content patch
  • Love it
    I think it's a good move.

Banking up currency is a cynical and lazy way to play the game. Most people have gotten the "good" characters from the GW shipments. Emphasis on the "good", because the general trend is people being sheep and following the crowd when it comes to squad compositions and supposed viable meta builds.

So every leet MLG min-maxing tryhard, instead of spending currency on unlocking the "poor" toons, was banking on the inevitable future release of the next Phasma into the GW shipments.

I bet you could taste glory as you envisioned rocketing up the arena ladder, shiny 7* (insert forgettable background character here) in tow, the exact same day the poor bugger was expelled from CG's womb.

I for one, would rather the new farmable characters be unveiled gradually as the game intended. At least then character bugs and glitches can be caught before they have a significant impact on gameplay.