B2 vs TIE pilot

Prev13456
Tittle says it all, I have seen tons of posts asking who to farm after first teir meta toons.

Both inflict AOE buff immunity ones a turn meter machine tank and the others a turn meter machine attacker. Who should be top priority farming.

Replies

• Tie Pilot imo, unless running droids.
  • B2 is the most useful toon in the game. I haven't taken him out of my arena lineup since he was 5* g9. He's the meta-breaker. Should be Top priority if you care about arena.
  • IMO: TFP because of the new Darth Vader Leader lv.8 ability...

Both are pretty good, but I think there are better picks to debuff or remove buffs. Not to mention Boba Fett has become a solid candidate to remove buffs at least.
  • IMO: TFP because of the new Darth Vader Leader lv.8 ability...

Both are pretty good, but I think there are better picks to debuff or remove buffs. Not to mention Boba Fett has become a solid candidate to remove buffs at least.

None come close to B2. His AOE debuff with buff immunity and constant 100% tm is more useful than any other toon. Take it from someone who finishes #1 daily in a November shard. Thank you goodnight
  • TFP is way better than B2 in almost everyway. More damage, does buff immunity, ability blocks, and has high evasion. TFP has no AOE that dispels and has no Relentless Assault but he has high evasion and damage as a trade off. B2 just isn't that good anymore, near useless in arena in my experience anyways.
  • Aknf2001 wrote: »
    TFP is way better than B2 in almost everyway. More damage, does buff immunity, ability blocks, and has high evasion. TFP has no AOE that dispels and has no Relentless Assault but he has high evasion and damage as a trade off. B2 just isn't that good anymore, near useless in arena in my experience anyways.

Near useless? I think you're just not very good. What place do you finish? Read my previous post
    TFP is way better than B2 in almost everyway. More damage, does buff immunity, ability blocks, and has high evasion. TFP has no AOE that dispels and has no Relentless Assault but he has high evasion and damage as a trade off. B2 just isn't that good anymore, near useless in arena in my experience anyways.

Near useless? I think you're just not very good. What place do you finish? Read my previous post

Lol, just because I have a different opinion than yours doesn't mean I'm not very good. I've seen your previous post(s) FYI and I place in Top 50 everyday (I'm on a whale shard, otherwise I'd be higher). And b2 in arena IN MY OPINION is near useless.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Two other things TFP has in his favor:
    1) Speed. B2 can be stunned/shocked then killed easily, partly becuase he's just slow.
    2) TFP is a pilot - needed for ships.

Step aside B2, there's a new dark grey dude ready to melt faces.

Now B2 is a little more versatile, but if your thinking of running an Empire team, I'll take TFP. But it's close.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    Aknf2001 wrote: »

Lol, just because I have a different opinion than yours doesn't mean I'm not very good. I've seen your previous post(s) FYI and I place in Top 50 everyday (I'm on a whale shard, otherwise I'd be higher). And b2 in arena IN MY OPINION is near useless.

Alright well your opinion happens to be wrong
  • I know I hate fighting teams with B2, unless I'm running EP in my squad and can shock him.

I haven't fought TFP enough to know how fighting against him is.

Alright well your opinion happens to be wrong

Opinions are never wrong. The definition of opinion is: a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. So saying my opinion is wrong is very, very ironic. Please try again ;)
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016

Never see b2 in Arena on my shard either, but I do see Tie Pilot, not to mention Tie Pilot is great for tank raid... and a pilot... and part of the new empire meta...
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Depends on your main team comp... I run Droids so damage is not my problem. Keeping them alive is. B2 is a priority if you are in that situation. As the meta changed, I was slowly dropping down to 60-90 every day in arena. Top 20 hadn't been seen in months.
    Since B2.... back to challenging for top 20 everyday and don't drop nearly as much over night.

However if you are running a Palp/empire squad, TFP is probably your guy. I started him as soon as B2 was finished.

With all these new toons having auto taunts and crazy buffs, B2 is ultra-useful. He neutralizes so many other toons.
  • B2 is left for last and merely tickles the opponent. TIE can mess up your day FAST! I've had him hit for over 20k. How many hits does it take for B2 to hit for 20k? If you want a team full of wet noodles. including a tank or two, go ahead and add B2.
  • The top two guys on my shard use TIE ones a palpatine lead, the others a Rex lead with wiggs and fun sac, and TIE, I have only seen b2 used with a few droid squads. I don't have either yet so I don't know who's better.
  • KeyMan64x wrote: »
    B2 is left for last and merely tickles the opponent. TIE can mess up your day FAST! I've had him hit for over 20k. How many hits does it take for B2 to hit for 20k? If you want a team full of wet noodles. including a tank or two, go ahead and add B2.

Man you have no idea what you're talking about. Nobody uses B2 for damage.
  • And who leaves b2 for last, then he's always gaining TM and de buffing your entire squad. Making it a nuisance and a lot harder.
  • Brodaisback
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    lukeroks wrote: »
    And who leaves b2 for last, then he's always gaining TM and de buffing your entire squad. Making it a nuisance and a lot harder.

OP you can listen to the guy that uses B2 and finishes first place every day on a day 1 shard, or you can listen to anyone else. TFP is a great toon especially in an empire squad. But B2 is far more useful and can fit in any squad and neuters any meta. He's a timeless toon that will never fade out because his kit is eternally useful.
  • lukeroks wrote: »
    And who leaves b2 for last, then he's always gaining TM and de buffing your entire squad. Making it a nuisance and a lot harder.

I always leave him for last, he's easily neutered and hits like that last autumn leave falling to the ground. Usually... I have come across 1 or 2 that are more troublesome than others but I never see B2 in arena. Tie pilot is all over the top of my shard, and again, great for tank raid. I look for multiple purposes when farming a toon these days.
    B2 is left for last and merely tickles the opponent. TIE can mess up your day FAST! I've had him hit for over 20k. How many hits does it take for B2 to hit for 20k? If you want a team full of wet noodles. including a tank or two, go ahead and add B2.

I know exactly what I am talking about! I use TIE for ability block, preventing taunts and DAMAGE! Why the heck not have everything?
    KeyMan64x wrote: »

I know exactly what I am talking about! I use TIE for ability block, preventing taunts and DAMAGE! Why the heck not have everything?

And he's useful for more than just arena...
  • In the upcoming zeta QGJ and Maul leaders, B2 is going to be crucial. TFP will be handy but not indispensable.

I'll give you that. If you're interested in more than just arena go TFP. But strictly arena it's B2 no brainer.

Exactly. B2 is mediocre at best in arena, a very overrated toon. Haven't seen B2 since September. In the top 50 anyways.
  • Brodaisback
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2016

Exactly. B2 is mediocre at best in arena, a very overrated toon. Haven't seen B2 since September. In the top 50 anyways.

I can't deal with the nonsense anymore I'm done commenting on this thread

I can't deal with the nonsense anymore I'm done commenting on this thread

Bye Felicia :) And my opinion is different, if you disagree there's no need to be such a **** about it.

B2 is useful, but I prefer TFP. I as well am 1 on a day 1 shard. B2 does nothing to me on D. He is clutch vs double tants and in GW. TFP at 172 speed with a lightening fast QGJ zeta jedi build with Yoda at 180 beats B2 in that build, as TFP is better on an Empire build. B2 though is very good, especially with multi taunts, especially multi taunts one being auto.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    B2 is a top arena toon, he's an incredibly useful tank. TFP is nice, but a lot of characters hit hard. No one else gets 100% TM when you don't attack them and has an AOE debuff with buff immunity. That's insane.
  • The only teams I can't beat on my shard use TFP. I can't compete with the speed.
  • The only teams I can't beat on my shard use TFP. I can't compete with the speed.

Same. I actually target B2 teams lol.