An example of Galactic War at level 66. [UPDATE] DAY 2

Prev1
cosmicturtle333
5004 posts Member
edited January 2016
If you're a lower level player and you were wondering how hard it gets, here it is.
QiPvlMih.jpg
oLLVKkFh.jpg
otIDn1kh.jpg
LtGdODeh.jpg
NcGPv0Ah.jpg
5Qt9yjQh.jpg
UIbPiWsh.jpg
2FQKWwnh.jpg
UTuWeMzh.jpg
WAk69Sjh.jpg
HUVHoqZh.jpg
eLBwbMdh.jpg

Day 2

neIyQJQh.jpg
6o50or8h.jpg
bghnfvGh.jpg
84Azx2zh.jpg
fhB3a1Gh.jpg
yVYEchRh.jpg
1fQ0fzqh.jpg
fsncEiTh.jpg
77xjESJh.jpg
VDUV8Uhh.jpg
YvsM16Uh.jpg
OewedHuh.jpg
My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on

Replies

• Options
    That's actually not so bad
    Have had far worse runs sometimes
    Really depends from day to day for me
    Today i encountered a squad with 3 7* and 2 6* all level 70 at node 9
    That was the end of my galactic war today
  • Options
    I'm level 66. My third battle were all level 61 and 4 with purple gear and steadily got harder from there.

Was a tough one today only just managed to complete it.
  • Options
    Actually it looks pretty easy. With lvl 66 you should have no problems at all.
  • Options
    Yep, pretty easy today. Only lost one hero. I might update again with a harder one.
  • Options
    The hardest battle was battle 10.
    Let's put it this way, I did not want the 'D'.
  • Options
    Is that you are guys whining about? This is easy - you can beat every single node with 5 chars with no problem. Get Poggle and GS, put Lumi and JC and the 5th toon is optional - personally i use Sid. With the poggle buff and gs dmg you can melt 2-3 chars in the first round, may be the second. I guess you have troubles in this because of heal immunity. Well this is not such a big deal and here is why - JC's heal is 2 round cd, and even if you have 2 toons heal immunity, you can burst sid and Kylo in seconds so you should be fine by the end of the node. That doesn't mean you should focus only on them both - every match is different. Don't think this is hard to beat. And the sad thing is that most of the players here in these forums are complaining of fighting weaker squads that this above.
    Well we can not do anything bout whiners, cuz there will always be whiners no matter what.
    @cosmicturtle333 I don't know what squad you are running but i can advice you to put some big dmg dealers in it.
  • Options
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    Is that you are guys whining about? This is easy - you can beat every single node with 5 chars with no problem. Get Poggle and GS, put Lumi and JC and the 5th toon is optional - personally i use Sid. With the poggle buff and gs dmg you can melt 2-3 chars in the first round, may be the second. I guess you have troubles in this because of heal immunity. Well this is not such a big deal and here is why - JC's heal is 2 round cd, and even if you have 2 toons heal immunity, you can burst sid and Kylo in seconds so you should be fine by the end of the node. That doesn't mean you should focus only on them both - every match is different. Don't think this is hard to beat. And the sad thing is that most of the players here in these forums are complaining of fighting weaker squads that this above.
    Well we can not do anything bout whiners, cuz there will always be whiners no matter what.
    @cosmicturtle333 I don't know what squad you are running but i can advice you to put some big dmg dealers in it.

No one is whining. This is a heads up for lower level players.
  • Options

Yeee my bad, i had a delay and didn't see the comments above mine
  • Options

Yeee my bad, i had a delay and didn't see the comments above mine

:)<3:)B)o:):*:p:/:D>:)
  • Options
    Why you get so easy matchups? I am on LVL66 myself and usually get 5x 7 star LVL67 or higher opponents in my 4th and following battles.
  • Options
    Why you get so easy matchups? I am on LVL66 myself and usually get 5x 7 star LVL67 or higher opponents in my 4th and following battles.

Sometimes i got the same, but is beatable. Bring in some trash/crap chars that you have to burn out your opponent cd's and than go with your prime team. It is easy with no cd's on the opposite side. Well i think sometimes it is pretty hard, but tbh since the rework i haven't had unbeatable nods. I think that i've been able to clear GW easier than before. And the key is that i got Poggle and GS. Now with QGJ it would be even easier, but still got him only 4*.
    Don't know bout you guys, but with FOTP and/or GS is pretty easy to complete GW. Does anyone have any feedback bout Luke - he is slow but is he good in GW?
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lvl 66 here, these are the teams I face at lvl 65 yesterday. Not complaining, just showing the only 2 difficult nodes I face yesterday. It was a pretty manageable walk though.

Not sure is it because I drop arena rank, but GW past week has been easier for me. Or is it because at lvl 60 plus, we have an easier time. image_3.png[/img]

image_2.png[/img]

Although lower lvl, the first combo is the worse you can face in GW or arena. Phasma counterattack squads is almost unbeatable, unless you use a team of very high damage dealers like QGJ or fotp. You are bound to lose someone if 3 of them counterattack you at the same time.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 64 and my match ups are waaaaaaay easier than that.
    Still trying to guess why GW is so unfair. Some people have to sweat to win. I could do it with autopilot
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ev2psl.png
  • Options
    Haha, you call that bad? I'd love that GW roll. Mine are usually worse and higher level right off the bat
  • Options
    Level 66 here, had 3 straight teams with a mix of
    QGJ
    FOTP
    Sid
    GeoSoldier
    Poe
    Han
    Kylo

All Max geared And lvl 70, most 7*

Still running a team of

7* Lumi
    7* Sid
    7* Phasma
    6* JC
    6* Kylo
    (And 5* Fives 5* Dooku And 5* Daka)

As F2P I was able to beat GW today losing 4 toons - JC Kylo Fives And Dooku

It seems impossible when I start but its actually not that hard
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    ev2psl.png

@Triqui Wow I wish to face this squad at node 10!

Is it possible for you to post a picture of your rooster and arena rank? Perhaps we can then try to Guess how matching works.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, this is my rooster. Arena rank around 50-100. Teams I face are in an earlier post

[img][/img]image_1.png

• Options
    I'm 65, and I face pretty much the same competition. Just for comparison, could you post your roster? I'd like to see where I stand among other similarly leveled players.
  • Options
    KlXVzJkh.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like an easy run to me.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    My roster:
    2lw69ef.png

My rank at my reward time:
    2n74b60.png

I don't think rank has anything to do with it. I'm ussually rank 15 or so when I do the GW and 2-5 at rewsrd time, most the time.

My server is new, I'm playing since christmas and I'm one of the higher level players there. That might matter. I don't have 7*, that might matter too.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    My roster:
    2lw69ef.png

My rank at my reward time:
    2n74b60.png

I don't think rank has anything to do with it. I'm ussually rank 15 or so when I do the GW and 2-5 at rewsrd time, most the time.

My server is new, I'm playing since christmas and I'm one of the higher level players there. That might matter. I don't have 7*, that might matter too.

Wow perhaps the key is 1) being in a newer server or 2) don't have any 7 stars.

It thus debunk the fact that arena rank is important. Perhaps we are matched according to our server opponents based on power level, and that is why @Triqui is having an easier time.

There was someone who commented not having 7 stars and have easier time in GW too.

• Options
    I'll upload a vid next reset, maybe players can get some pointers through it or maybe people can give me advice :D
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know how it works. I started using 3+ healers, with Barris lead and Fives to slow and control and refresh my cooldowms to play safe. After the retreat change. I realized there's no point. I use the droids plus Geo plus Luminaranto do it faster, and oneshot everything until node 11 or so, where I ussually change or replace 88. Don't need to retreat, and I'm confident I could auto it, although I would have some casualties.

Maybe it's related to be "ahead of the curve". My server is new, so maybe the matchmaking system gives us a couple of months of "truce" before it attacks us with the heavy ordenance.
  • Options
    I'm level 65 and all the above screenshots are a cross section of my daily GW.
  • Options
    Today was shockingly easy for me as well. I didn't even realize I was on node 11 till I retreated for the first time. I was 67 at the time and faced similar levels and powers up to this point. I cleared node 11 with my A team, and node 12 was even weaker. I sent in my B team to soften them up to just get my treasure and leave and they ended up killing 3.5, so I just put my A team back in on auto. Then i claimed the dailys to get level 68. If I am close to leveling, I always wait until AFTER GW so it won't put me in the next bracket (or however that works). So I am sure tomorrow will be back to the grind
  • Options
    Those teams are quite easy.

Yesterday I had 3 Poe teams in a row, all Phasma lead with a mix of QGJ, Leia, FOTP and Rey alongside the usual Lumi and Sid.

Was the first time I didnt complete it since I started. Thankfully the difficulty eased up slightly today.
  • Options
    I've seen more teams with Barriss which makes my GW easier.
  • Options
    I just faced a team of all level 68s in battle 12 while I'm only 65. I sent in 1 team of level 40s to absorb Poggle the Lesser, Darth Maul, and Captain Phasma's special abilities. Then came back in with my primary team and obliterated them, didn't lose a single character.
  • Options
    Level 66, get similar opponents. Sometimes the final 2 battles are early 60s or late 50s with the tough ones in the middle. Makes me sweat the RNGs then gives me an enemy I can auto, lol!