Character Strategy- Bistan

Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited January 2017
Bistan
High damage Rebel attacker who gives Turn Meter to allies, removes Turn Meter from enemies, and features the new buff: Frenzy!
0iq58thfdcsa.png

Unlocks at: 2 Stars
Available from: Rogue One Daily Event
Abilities
Basic Attack – Blast ‘Em:
wh4sgsa3xcuq.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-70% chance (Based on Ability Level) to inflict Damage Over Time for 2-3 turns (Based on Ability Level).
Special Attack – Frenzy:
rc8x4np3quxu.gif
  • Bistan gains Frenzy for 1-4 turns (Based on Ability Level) and all other allies gain 5-20% Turn Meter (Based on Ability Level).
  • Frenzy: Whenever another ally uses a Special ability, this unit gains 100% Turn Meter
Special Attack – Gunner Tactics:
k9wvhn9o1naf.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy and remove Turn Meter equal to Bistan’s Potency
Unique Ability – Amped Up:
  • Bistan gains 4-10% Potency (Based on Ability Level) for each Rebel ally and each debuffed enemy
General Strategy
  • Bistan features the new buff “Frenzy”. Bistan gains 100% Turn Meter whenever another ally uses a Special ability for as long as Frenzy remains active.
Hero Synergies
  • Bistan fits seamlessly in the standard Rebel trio of Biggs, Wedge, and Lando Calrissian, and his strengths are maximized when led by Admiral Akbar. Between Biggs’ “Comrade-in-Arms” having a 2-turn cooldown, and Akbar’s Tactical Genius giving Lando the ability to truly “Double Down”, Bistan can attack three, four, or five times before any members of his team get to move twice!
  • Outside of the Rebels, Bistan can be successful in any team that can chain multiple special attacks.
Where to Use
• Bistan’s high damage and strong affinity with the Rebels makes him perfect for the Tenacity Mod Challenges.
• Bistan also excels during phases two and four of the AAT raid, able to burst the toppled tank with repeated attacks out of the normal turn order.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• So many rebels with my guess of continual empire to keep a balance.

Will be an interesting kit
  • Looks fun. Hopefully he will be farmable early next month.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So I see an issue with his frenzy special ability.

Unless you set your characters TM order it can be wasted.
    1. Bistan turn he uses special ability and pushes everyone else to 100% TM and Bistan gains frenzy
    2. character 2 uses special ability and bistan gains 100% TM.

Now you have character 3,4,5 at 100% TM along with Bistan. RNG dictates who goes next.
    Characters 3,4,5 could all go and use special ability before Bistan does anything else and now he only got the benefit of frenzy once.
  • 1. Bistan turn he uses special ability and pushes everyone else to 100% TM and Bistan gains frenzy
    If I understood it right, just Bistan gets 100% TM, when another character uses an ability and if Bistan uses a special ability himself, when he is buffed, either he gets 100% TM or nothing happens.

What I am thinking about is, what happens if an enemy Yoda copies and meditates this buff to all his guys?
    Will this end in a maybe 10 turn round for the Yoda-squad? Like Yoda (meditation) --> 1. ability used (everyone gets 100% TM, because everyone got frenzy) --> 3 guys with normal attacks --> 1 special abiltiy --> 4 normal attacks --> 1 special ability.
    Thats would make 10 turns, which in my opinion sounds pretty scary.
  • Yoda can't copy unquie abilities
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Lucaero wrote: »
    1. Bistan turn he uses special ability and pushes everyone else to 100% TM and Bistan gains frenzy
    If I understood it right, just Bistan gets 100% TM, when another character uses an ability and if Bistan uses a special ability himself, when he is buffed, either he gets 100% TM or nothing happens.

Yes. But as I pointed out.

If the whole team is at 100% TM and Bistan has Frenzy. It can be wasted because everyone else can use special ability before Bistan actually gets to go again. So basically he only gets 100% TM once.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Yoda can't copy unquie abilities

Frenzy is a buff applied when he uses special ability
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    And it's unique to him. Noone else in game has frenzy. Cant be copied
  • scuba wrote: »

Yes but on paper that would be correct then again 1000x in this game on paper don't translate to how they work in game.

So who knows how it actually works
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Yes but on paper that would be correct then again 1000x in this game on paper don't translate to how they work in game.

So who knows how it actually works

True dat. Just going with it showing as an actual buff. But could be like stealth or taunt and not be copied.
  • Bel_Ibilis300
    117 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Need an opinion on this arena team:
    ( level77, F2P)
    Currently it's AA lead, SRP (slow but tanky at 58k Health + Protection), STHan (fast but with around 35K H+P), Lando& Leia (both around 6.5K power each). It's a decent team thats faring OK in arena.
    Pre ships, I was planning on adding Wiggs (For AA and Leia, with Lando lead) to the bunch but now they are still about 2 months away from being arena worthy. Seeing as it's going to take a while to get them geared and ready, I'm now thinking keeping AA and Leia and throw in Bistan (provided he's farmable soon).
    Keeping Leia virtually guarantees SRP reviving with her buffs always up and overall there's a lot of TM manipulation there with STHan, SRP and now bistan.
    Plus even if I get wiggs to arena in 2 months time wiggs may no longer be the meta.
    So my question is whether to go for wiggs or put my hopes on Bistan.
    Appreciate your thoughts :)
  • You will have trouble with multiple turn meters being filled at the same time. As good as STH is, he's a liability in a Bistan team. Royal Guard would not be bad in his place and since Bistan's Frenzy move adds turn meter, you can just speed him up instead of STH.

And Bistan is farmable in ships, which means you get at least 10 shards a day if you are brave enough to foresake Zeta material.
  • Where are you getting the 10 shards a day from? I have gone two days at times without seeing him show up. I am thinking of placing him in a Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, and Ackbar. Would it be an effective team without a tank?
  • You will have trouble with multiple turn meters being filled at the same time. As good as STH is, he's a liability in a Bistan team. Royal Guard would not be bad in his place and since Bistan's Frenzy move adds turn meter, you can just speed him up instead of STH.

thanks for the reply, just trying to understand how it's a bad idea to pair these toons..
    since all their abilities allow an equal percentage increase in TM for ALL allies, does it really affect the turn order? I know when two TM bars fill simultaneously, RNG decides who goes next, but that wouldn't happen if all toons had different speeds?

Javik wrote: »
    Where are you getting the 10 shards a day from? I have gone two days at times without seeing him show up. I am thinking of placing him in a Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, and Ackbar. Would it be an effective team without a tank?

It's random like most toons in fleet shipments but he does appear at least once a day, I find he shows up after arena reset mostly.
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    You will have trouble with multiple turn meters being filled at the same time. As good as STH is, he's a liability in a Bistan team. Royal Guard would not be bad in his place and since Bistan's Frenzy move adds turn meter, you can just speed him up instead of STH.

thanks for the reply, just trying to understand how it's a bad idea to pair these toons..
    since all their abilities allow an equal percentage increase in TM for ALL allies, does it really affect the turn order? I know when two TM bars fill simultaneously, RNG decides who goes next, but that wouldn't happen if all toons had different speeds?

Javik wrote: »
    Where are you getting the 10 shards a day from? I have gone two days at times without seeing him show up. I am thinking of placing him in a Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, and Ackbar. Would it be an effective team without a tank?

It's random like most toons in fleet shipments but he does appear at least once a day, I find he shows up after arena reset mostly.

The issue is that when two or more people have full turn meters, it is random as to who gets to go.

So specifically using an example with Ackbar and Bistan: suppose Bistan has frenzy and AA does Tactical Genius, Bistan basics (for example) since he gets full meter from AA special, Lando uses his special which fills Bistan's meter and Tactical Genius fills Lando. Now ideally Bistan goes so he can be filled again when Lando specials a second time, but 50% of the time Lando will go instead.

You'll need to be extra careful so that these things happen: (1) AA uses Tactical Genius AFTER Frenzy triggers the first time. Otherwise Bistan uses his special and gets a turn from TG which wastes a turn of Frenzy. (2) AA ideally goes third, as in TG triggers the third turn of Frenzy, so that the fourth and final Frenzy turn triggers on the first special used after TG is up.

Anyway, it just needs to be done carefully, is all.

Your turn order would be best as:
    Bistan
    Leia
    SRP
    AA
    Lando

If you had STH instead of SRP, the AA then Lando order would mess up, since AA and Lando (and Bistan) would all have full meters after his taunt. The issue with SRP remains that on Frenzy, Leia's stealth move, and Tactical Genius...SRP may get a basic assist in and fill multiple meters from his 15% meter on basic.

But if he was RG (or Poe) that couldn't happen.

Edit: this also is contingent on Bistan NOT fully filling RG, AA, or Lando's turn meters. Otherwise you get the multi-meter fills right off the bat.
  • Thanks for the in depth insight @StormTro0p3R_H , I'll keep that in mind.
  • how do you mod him? potency with speed secondaries?
  • how do you mod him? potency with speed secondaries?

Potency with Potency on Cross since potency drives his turn meter removal ability. Speed secondaries (with primary on Arrow of course).
  • I will be running bistan with the following

Bobba L
    Zam
    Ig88
    Shore
    Bistan

With bistian modded with speed set and potency to max out potency at 100% with offense secondaries with zams thermal spam and 2 specials with both zam and bobba that can refresh cool downs quick bistian will go off with frenzy and deal high damage and remove tm
  • anybody try him out at high level? his special is 2nd highest after Rey, seems like he could be a sleeper. curious how he would fit into a zeta jyn team if anybody has experience with jyn
  • I use him in arena with wedge lead, biggs, raid han, hoth scout and stay in top 40 no problem on an old shard. Highest I've been is 10. Even with wedge targetted first and taken out, i usually still beat most teams. All are 7* gear 11 except bistan is 6* gear 11. Not long to go for 7*. A bit more gear and better mods and he should dominate a bit more, my only real let down is a low crit chance
  • he gets eaten by b2 though. or daze. too bad bc he is great fun otherwise
  • In that first image he can go to g12......
  • No, he can't but gets really close to it. One piece is still missing. ;)
  • How about using Bistan in tank takedown? Any good? Only in Rebel teams or even in zVader teams? Any battle tactics tips?
  • I was asking the same thing, I've got a lot of cantina credits sitting around, is Bistan worth farming for raids or GW?
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    @WompWompRat
    He's worth farming for ships, IMO. I'll try him out in my Zader squad eventually--seems like he should do well, especially in p3 or against the rancor. Without rebel teammates he may need full potency mods though.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Cool, I have him at 5 stars anyway so maybe I'll just keep going with him - since I'm kind of just throwing cantina currency at Poe now for no real reason
  • he works in zader squad for take takedown. before I had jyn, used him in a zader squad to solo rancor raid (zader, EP, sid, TFP, bistan) very well, but coudl not auto it ... w/ jyn, I can hit auto and go someplace else and it is fine

in tank raid, he needs to be paired w/ zader w/ a tank and a healer (imo) ... given I use a rebel team w/ chaze, then chirpa w/ rg/sthan/sun fac, then a jedi team for p1 ... that leaves me with only my garbage tanks so I usually can not use him to full effectivess, but still can sometimes squeeze a 300k run on heroic p2/p3/p4 w/ him