Unlocking Emperor Palpatine

Hi everyone,

So for many of us, this is going to be our very 1st chance at getting the sith lord himself. But if you're like me, you've probably spent all of your time and effort into getting a strong Jedi team to unlock Yoda. This means that you'd be lucky to have enough guys to just get past the 1st stage of the event leaving you with only a handful of shards.

This question goes out to all the veterans from the last event, how many stages do we need to pass to get the 145 shards to unlock Emperor Palpatine and what are the minimum requirements to get to this stage? I'm sure everyone has a few rebels that would be ok but do they meet the required star rating and level? How many stars will we need for each stage and what would be the recommended level for each stage? If I can at least unlock Emperor Palpatine I'd be happy.

I know this event could be completely different from last time but any insight into what happened last time would be awesome!!!
"Anything is possible, You just need to know how" - Zealix Alpha

Replies

• WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    5 tiers, so 5 5* rebels... and yes you would be happy
  • You need 5x 5* Rebels to unlock him. I unlocked him at 5* last time using Ackbar, Leia, Biggs, ST Han and Lando. Leia and ST Han were the only toons fully lvl'ed to 80 and G10. It was very easy.

I imagine if you have Wedge, it will be even easier at 5*.

Since you can retry as many times as you like, I would hoard credits and training droids. Try out the event first and if it is too difficult, level up your toons. If you can pass it, you don't have to waste the droids/credits.

If you have all your toons at lvl 75 / G8, I think you should be fine.
  • Anyone who spent much time on the forums should have known better than to put a bunch of effort into Yoda, so you likely won't find too many in the same boat here.

In any case, I have heard that any five solid level 80 gear 8 rebels were good enough last time. Personally I'm hoping that it hasn't been made too much stronger this time so my four meta rebels at gear 9 and Ackbar at gear 8 will hopefully be enough even though I won't quite be to 80.
  • Zealix_Alpha
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    5 tiers, so 5 5* rebels... and yes you would be happy

thanks!

so far I've got luke, k-2so, and biggs at lv5. Leia is 4 (15/65), ST han 3 (10/30), scairf 4 (15/65), ackbar 4 (0/65), bistan 3 (14/30), and lobot 3 (22/30).

who would you recommend farming to get as my last 2?
  • Zealix_Alpha
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Anyone who spent much time on the forums should have known better than to put a bunch of effort into Yoda, so you likely won't find too many in the same boat here.

This is the 1st time I've been on the forum and come on, Yoda is awesome as a support and anti-sith
  • Lol anti-sith... What teams are you facing that sith are even a concern
  • Lol anti-sith... What teams are you facing that sith are even a concern

....ummm....Palpatine? Did you get lost and wander into the wrong thread? Also, not that Yoda is the best solution I was just pointing out the fact that everyone in this thread is talking about a Sith Lord and you're asking a pretty dumb question considering that fact.
  • It's all right going after Yoda first. To each their own. If it were me and I knew as a new player what I know as an experienced one, I'd unlock EP first. Yoda comes around a lot. Palpatine does not. Plus, EP is far more useful. That's for any new players out there.
  • Thanks @sying

so what would be the best characters to go after for the event? Leia is one of my more stronger characters so she would make since but who else?
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Thanks @sying

so what would be the best characters to go after for the event? Leia is one of my more stronger characters so she would make since but who else?

You need to pick an 8-energy cost cantina node toon. Lando is the best of those, but you already have SRP at 3* and time isn't on your side, so farm him and Leia to 5*.
  • I took Lando from 2 to 7* in 8 days last event. It is possible to get to 5* by the end of it if you don't mind spending a little and refreshing a lot. The problem is you will have to level and gear him even if you star him. If you are going to do it, do it right. AA, STH, Wiggs, and Lando. Leia is good for the event. I imagine Chaze would be good for the event, too.

I would suggest once you start on rebels do not stop. Nobody knows when the event will come back around. After this one they just might make it appear more often and you don't want to be unprepared. But it could also be another six months. Either way, the sooner you are ready the better. Rebels are pretty good. They won't be sitting on your bench while you wait for the event to return.
  • sying wrote: »
    I took Lando from 2 to 7* in 8 days last event. It is possible to get to 5* by the end of it if you don't mind spending a little and refreshing a lot. The problem is you will have to level and gear him even if you star him. If you are going to do it, do it right. AA, STH, Wiggs, and Lando. Leia is good for the event. I imagine Chaze would be good for the event, too.

I would suggest once you start on rebels do not stop. Nobody knows when the event will come back around. After this one they just might make it appear more often and you don't want to be unprepared. But it could also be another six months. Either way, the sooner you are ready the better. Rebels are pretty good. They won't be sitting on your bench while you wait for the event to return.

Last time EP showed up was in August (all jokes aside). If they have a certain time frame for the event, I would assume four months or maybe even longer.
  • 5 tiers, so 5 5* rebels... and yes you would be happy

thanks!

so far I've got luke, k-2so, and biggs at lv5. Leia is 4 (15/65), ST han 3 (10/30), scairf 4 (15/65), ackbar 4 (0/65), bistan 3 (14/30), and lobot 3 (22/30).

who would you recommend farming to get as my last 2?

Seeing as Leia, STH and AA are all in the same store I would pick Leia as you have said its one of your stronger toons.
    As for the other SRP should be easy as he is in a cantina node and in the fleet shipments. (Plus daily shards for Android which I assume you have as no Wedge). You should probably start on Lando for heists when you are ready for Palp event.

I had no rebels worth anything myself apart from Lando so only aiming for 6* Palp myself. Need about 40 STH, ~20 Biggs and ~50 Wedge to get there to go with Lando and K2SO so shouldn't be too hard.

• the only problem is that I don't have Lando unlocked and only have 1 shard for him. So unless I get him unlocked in a shipment then it's going to be hard to get him to 5 stars.

Aside from having my team up to 5 stars each, what gear lv would you recommend and character level?
  • Getting Palp at 5 stars isn't the problem. It's trying to get him at SIX that will tear you up. I couldn't do it last time, so I've farmed up Wedge, Biggs, Ackbar, SRP, hell, I'll try that droid. I have or will have at 6 or 7 stars the following:
    Luke
    Leia
    Han
    Wedge
    Biggs
    Ackbar
    Lando
    Scarif Pathfinder
    K2SO

All mid 60s level, gear 7-9. I can only HOPE this time I can get through it. But, if nothing else, 5 star Palpatine is still pretty nice to use.
  • whats so hard about the 6 stars?
    I took Lando from 2 to 7* in 8 days last event. It is possible to get to 5* by the end of it if you don't mind spending a little and refreshing a lot. The problem is you will have to level and gear him even if you star him. If you are going to do it, do it right. AA, STH, Wiggs, and Lando. Leia is good for the event. I imagine Chaze would be good for the event, too.

Last time EP showed up was in August (all jokes aside). If they have a certain time frame for the event, I would assume four months or maybe even longer.

Emperor event is Dec 23rd, EA already announced it about 5 days ago.

Emperor event is Dec 23rd, EA already announced it about 5 days ago.

HanYolo was referring to when the event will come back after this next one.

HanYolo, just because an event happened in the past doesn't mean it will stay that way in the future. A lot more people will have EP after this time. They could decide to bring it back more frequently, for all we know. However, the point of that post was to get your rebels ready now, and not to wait. It seems, despite knowing it could come back anytime and people had four months to do it, people still weren't ready. It's better to be ready and not need your rebels than it is to need your rebels and not be ready.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    @Zealix_Alpha Focus on Leia and SRP. You only need 50 shards for Leia so max 10 days, and the same for SRP. You'll have no time for farming a new toon. Use all your resources to gear them up to at least lvl 7 and add health and defense mods which are easy to get.

For tier 5, you can face EP gear 9 lvl 70 and RG gear 7 lvl 70 (if no upgrade of difficulty). So also level your toons to at least level 70.
  • So, beyond just unlocking Palps, what's required to get him to 7*?

I should have ready the following team in time for the next event:

Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, STH. All 7* (finishing up Wedge now), all level 85, all gear 8 (except gear 10 STH).

Is that sufficient? There's no chance of getting anyone else ready unless a Credit Heist pops up and I can level K2. If I manage to complete another piece of raid gear, who should be the priority for gearing up further?
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Traybor wrote: »
    So, beyond just unlocking Palps, what's required to get him to 7*?

I should have ready the following team in time for the next event:

Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, STH. All 7* (finishing up Wedge now), all level 85, all gear 8 (except gear 10 STH).

Is that sufficient? There's no chance of getting anyone else ready unless a Credit Heist pops up and I can level K2. If I manage to complete another piece of raid gear, who should be the priority for gearing up further?

You're probably fine. Devs have confirmed that the difficulty is unchanged, and you have the "ideal" squad. If you manage to take any up a gear level I would recommend either Lando or Wedge. I would lean towards Lando though, since getting him from g9 to g10 is much easier than Wedge.
  • I guess the next question is what toon should be the leader and are there any strategies that you'd recommend?
  • I would still go for Lando. If you refresh your cantina energy twice a day (Both refreshes cost 100 crystals), you should average around 15 shards a day. In ten days Lando will be 5*, and that's assuming you miss the 45 bonus energy every day. Use swgoh.gg to look at his gear and make sure you have it ready to go. The event doesn't end until January first, so you have 12 days to get him, and an average drop rate would get him in 10.
  • Well, just unlocked EP which i didnt think i could do with my lineup.
    Wedge lvl 65 gear vi
    Ackbar 64 gear vi
    Biggs 64 gear vi
    Bistan 64 gear vii
    Luke 60 gear vi
    I thought the fight ended up being pure lick for the unlock.
  • When do you think we will see this event next (in 2018)?

Thoughts on my team for 7* palp:
    Farmboy luke
    Oldbi-wan
    STHan
    Ahsoka (Fulcrum)
    Wedge

All 7*, 75, gear 8. I have AA and Leia unlocked, but am not actively developing them defaulting to above list.
  • Moved to Events: Palpatine
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Shiverina wrote: »
    When do you think we will see this event next (in 2018)?

It can't be later than February really. They last ran this event in November.
  • Necromancy is against the TOS, and how do you have wedge but not Biggs? Fix that now.
  • Cassian is great as his special attach almost always keeps enemies from using their specials and its cool down is very short (+ K2 assist). Paired with K2 he becomes deadly. K2 is very tough and will protect your team.
    I use Wiggs + Cassian/K2 + Leia. Biggs' assist attack will get rid of the old man in few turns (esecially if calling Leia). K2 will taunt and give you the few turns you need to clear the event. Cassian and K2 also assist each other every 2 turn.
    Lv80/7*/Gear8/Abilities Lv 7-8 100% guaranty to get 7* Palpatine.