Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.

Replies

• Doesnt effect me
    I never refreshed anyway, but I still sympathize with the cause.
  • As on today the fights a harder than before. I'm on Level 55 an got challengers with level 60 to 65 with up to 4 elites.

That's pretty uncool
  • Hate it
    yup ROI is horrible in this game

They should look at Clash of Clans and notice how they've kept so many people playing the game and dropping a few bucks on a constant basis

Clash of clans survived because they listened to customers option and didnt charge gems for every little thing you do
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Hate it
    jusTiC3 wrote: »
    As on today the fights a harder than before. I'm on Level 55 an got challengers with level 60 to 65 with up to 4 elites.

That's pretty uncool

Thats just bad luck, for my battles today were the esiest since the cap raise
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Doesnt effect me
    Better yet, why not announce ahead of time that this change was coming?
    because they didn't want TL give the opportunity to those with saved tokens to react. This way maybe they gran some cash, at the cost of alienating their customers a bit. Bad for long término business, but profitable in the short term
  • Hate it
    Haha wow, I never even noticed what the refresh cost before. Now that I see what it did and what it does now, that's a pretty lame move by them yet expected.

I'm with Qeltar...they don't fix issues that still exist yet something like this becomes a priority.

Just shows they don't really care about their "game" and it is more about trying to get as much cash spent on crystals as possible. But hey....all you whales and higher end spenders keep satisfying your addictive personalities and keep rewarding them for it all. Brilliant.
  • Hate it
    Kwynne4444 wrote: »

They should look at Clash of Clans and notice how they've kept so many people playing the game and dropping a few bucks on a constant basis

Clash of clans survived because they listened to customers option and didnt charge gems for every little thing you do

game is still young, let's give them benefit of the doubt that things will get better

lol
  • Hate it
    Kwynne4444 wrote: »

game is still young, let's give them benefit of the doubt that things will get better

lol

Thats my point when the game is young it is supposed to be amazing and fun because they want new people to join. These updates should try to satisfy the player not enrage them after every update.. why would new players play if everything good about the game changes
  • Doesnt effect me
    This is awesome because it doesnt allow someone to stock up and cheaply and quickly purchase the new characters that will be added. Thank you EA for not killing the F2P and small spenders.
  • Hate it
    This is awesome because it doesnt allow someone to stock up and cheaply and quickly purchase the new characters that will be added. Thank you EA for not killing the F2P and small spenders.

I agree with them stopping people from stocking up and instantly getting a 7* but they could of just did a easy fix where they put the refresh at a max of 4 times for the 10 gw tokens after the 4th refresh you have to wait till the next day to do the 4 more refreshes
  • How many times do u players update the GW Shipment?
  • Hate it
    How many times do u players update the GW Shipment?

3 to 4 a day
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Doesnt effect me

You don't get it. GW shipmemts is literally THE place where you can do as F2P as well as a P2P. You gain 1200 tokens regardless of what. P2P get much more refreshes for cantina, shards, and have more crystals available for sniping and sniping defense in Arena (besides a better roster with soñé chromium exclusive chars). And p2p players csn actually afford the 50 crystals to update

This does not hurt p2w players, it hurtd those with saved Points (vetersn players), regardless of how they got them.
  • Hate it
    Triqui wrote: »

You don't get it. GW shipmemts is literally THE place where you can do as F2P as well as a P2P. You gain 1200 tokens regardless of what. P2P get much more refreshes for cantina, shards, and have more crystals available for sniping and sniping defense in Arena (besides a better roster with soñé chromium exclusive chars). And p2p players csn actually afford the 50 crystals to update

This does not hurt p2w players, it hurtd those with saved Points (vetersn players), regardless of how they got them.

Exactly they are making this game more and more pay to play or even play to win if you are competitive... The onky way to counter this is for them to reverse the changes and just add a limiting refresh update or increase our daily amount of crystal we get
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    Does everyone talking about instantly 7*ing a toon via GW tokens even know how many it would take to do that? I'm going to assume no, or else it wouldn't be continually discussed.

I've been playing since hard launch and have won 53 straight GW matches. I have only gotten one toon out of GW; Luminara to 7*. I started stockpiling before there were even rumors of an update to get excited about. I have saved a total of 18,800 tokens. Care to know how many it takes to 7* a toon? 26,400. Yup....and that's not even including the cost of refreshes, which increased to 50 after three. I'm sure it continued to increase but I never bothered to find out.

So, please, let's stop with this insta 7* nonsense. The only ones capable of doing that were people buying chromium.
  • DarthSootie
    86 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    Hate it!
    I thought the 10 GW tokens was pretty naff but 50 crystals and increasing each time it's used is really unfair.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Hate it
    WHAT A CHEAP LOW BLOW MOVE!! Absolutely ridiculous. I LOVE playing this game, but with the amt of crystals and money needed to play without having to wait half a day, I'm going to be gone soon along with many people.
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lol where the devs at? I wander what deceiving words they'll have to try and calm us down and convince us that what they changed was for the "best" of everybody. Again how convenient that they just forgot to mention it lol chill everyone I bet you that none of devs will address it anytime soon or respond to us. They know what they did was a cheap move. Watch they will try to "ignore" it lol
    It's obvious they are more interested in $$$ than previous bugs that already exist. What do you expect? They are just as money hungry as other companies like Machine Zone.

Ps. Wait for the "no negative comments" from devs to shut everyone up lol.
    Wait for it....
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Job
    49 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    Really wish they would change it back. I would never spend crystals on this. Or even better give me another way to earn crystals along with arena
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Hate it
    The consensus seems pretty strong on this one.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Doesnt effect me
    While I can't stand the ruthless cash grab shown by EA here, I thankfully am not negatively affected. I never traded GW tokens to refresh quicker. Since I play free, I'm picky about spending resources so if it took me a day or two to unlock someone with my banked credits, no biggie. I never felt rushed to do anything so I've been lucky. I can see how many who have banked large amounts of tokens must be steamed though...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Hate it
    While I can't stand the ruthless cash grab shown by EA here, I thankfully am not negatively affected. I never traded GW tokens to refresh quicker. Since I play free, I'm picky about spending resources so if it took me a day or two to unlock someone with my banked credits, no biggie. I never felt rushed to do anything so I've been lucky. I can see how many who have banked large amounts of tokens must be steamed though...

The total cost of tokens in refreshes till 7* was 400. So it only meant sacrificing a single 5 shard purchase. Depending on your diligence in purchasing shards every 6 hours it was actually faster to do the refreshes.
  • Hate it
    Telaan wrote: »

The total cost of tokens in refreshes till 7* was 400. So it only meant sacrificing a single 5 shard purchase. Depending on your diligence in purchasing shards every 6 hours it was actually faster to do the refreshes.

No...it was 10 for two refreshes, then jumped to 50.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Hate it

Where did I say otherwise? No one refreshed for 50 tokens. Refreshing at 10 tokens each time until 7* equates five shards.....
  • Hate it
    To all of you people who are saying people who were saving our tokens were trying to get an instant 7 star.

Did it ever occur to you that some of us were not spending our tokens because CG refuses to give us any kind of direction on what characters they are going to change in the coming update? Although with the way they like to stick it to us I can say that it seems pretty clear poe is getting a buff.
  • seems they trying to slow down growth on GW characters. If you want to grow faster you must pay...
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Hate it
    Harmson wrote: »
    seems they trying to slow down growth on GW characters. If you want to grow faster you must pay...
    Harmson wrote: »
    seems they trying to slow down growth on GW characters. If you want to grow faster you must pay...

So they made it for p2p players to get a advantage
  • Hate it

Where did I say otherwise? No one refreshed for 50 tokens. Refreshing at 10 tokens each time until 7* equates five shards.....

So ten tokens twice a day for 20 days....that's just hugely fast right
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Hate it

So ten tokens twice a day for 20 days....that's just hugely fast right

Much faster than other methods.... Now that no longer exists.