Disgusted at Galactic War Table

I have only had this unlocked for maybe 5 days now but I was again disgusted by my luck when my level 45 average team (player level only 45) ran into a level 56 purple team with Barriss and Dooku. All 9 remaining characters could not take out a single one, and only Sid and GS could get a hit in.
How does the random selector for this work? It's very discouraging. First two days I got to the second to last fight, last 2-3 I can't get past about 7. No amount of gear or crystals is going to get me close to that level for the next few weeks. I understand maybe 5 levels up and not purple gear, but 11? Really takes the satisfaction out of what should be the most challenging and rewarding game modes.

Replies

• They are trying to encourage you to pay so that you can compete. Fun, right?
  • If we are trying to be realistic here, you're talking at least 100+ cash to accelerate me to that level. And that is probably without being able to get purple gear for just about any character. I almost justified 5 here or there (almost got Dooku, missed it; almost got a booster, decided I didn't need it.) but I am not sure how some can justify putting that much into a game.
  • Galactic war isn't based on level but squad power, so it's possible that you might come across higher level teams that aren't as geared/upgraded so they still fall within your power range.

However, I believe there's currently an issue with the servers and game client not matching the power levels correctly hence the abundance of mismatched teams in GW.

The devs are aware of it and are working on trying to get it fixed from what I've read.

I know it's extremely frustrating right now but you'll just need to be patient and hopefully it'll be fixed sooner rather than later.
  • Galactic War is supposed to be a challenge. I'm level 50 and averaging 400 galactic tokens a day. That's 5 character shards, worth 250 crystals; what a deal! I love the galactic war table.
  • Personally I'm not concerned with "beating" it, as I am getting crystals....the ability to get and promote characters through the table is a very nice feature, and if you do it right you will average 400 a day for 5 shards....some days fewer because of the leveling issues no doubt, but still.
  • I'm personally not happy unless I get at least 800 tokens per day.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've been averaging 16 shards a day (the last battle usually drops a rare shard) since it openned, not to mention the ability mats and much needed credits for promotions and leveling characters over 50.

Best table by far.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I can't complain about this table. It offers shards for credits which is preferred. Definitely worth the effort...
  • Initially I had bad luck, and grossly mismatched battles. Been going well lately until battle 9 today, when I drew a high level team I couldn't beat. Overall, one of my favorite parts of the game.
  • JPre522 wrote: »
    If we are trying to be realistic here, you're talking at least 100+ cash to accelerate me to that level. And that is probably without being able to get purple gear for just about any character. I almost justified 5 here or there (almost got Dooku, missed it; almost got a booster, decided I didn't need it.) but I am not sure how some can justify putting that much into a game.

I've spent over $2000.00 USD on a F2P P2W game called Hearthstone because I'm slightly ****. I'm sure there are people out there who suffer from similar levels of ****.
  • Don't worry i have about 40 characters..... all above lvl 40 with 3/4 over 50 and at least 5 at 60 all 4 star. It is just ridiculous even at that lvl i have lvl 45 enemies with more life more powerful attacks then my lvl 60s. Ai gets too any advantages dodge to many attacks. Really needs to be fixed.
  • Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    If galactic war were easily beat then what would be the purpose of playing it, why not just automatically give you the war tokens? It's a game it's supposed to be challenging. Why do people believe they are entitled to play through a game with no possibility of loosing? I unlocked galactic war 4 days ago, completed it twice, the other 2 I got annilated by level 60's but I still won some rewards useful in powering my characters and buying shards.
    Man up people and enjoy the game, when you finally beat the galactic war, pat yourself on the back for overcoming a challenge you worked so hard to achieve.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • I have beat it 9 times.... just annoys me sometimes when AI goes nuts lol. Especially the 8th and 9th battle. Just too many advantages for the AI. Like i said by the time im at these battles im using 5 lvl 60 characters sidious unduli dooku chewy and consular or vader. Work to start battle at full health and specials rdy to use right away most of the time. However when the enemy dodges or defects 4 attacks in a row the enemy dooku has 4 attacks in a row all critical then a consular 4 star lvl 52 wipes out 1 of my lvl 60 5 star full health character with 1 force blasts its getting a bit rich dont you think. I won my 9th GB 4 days ago since then i made it 8th battle once. Fill me in on that problem then ay???
  • Sorry i meant 10th and 11th battles not 8th and 9th lol
  • Only not completed it once. Sucks for you guys! That really would be frustrating.
    --Nud Stark--
  • I have completed it and recieved my achievement for it now.... won my 10th GM 2 DAYS AGO :)
  • I have completed it and recieved my achievement for it now.... won my 10th GM 2 DAYS AGO :)
  • Nicks075 wrote: »
    If galactic war were easily beat then what would be the purpose of playing it, why not just automatically give you the war tokens? It's a game it's supposed to be challenging. Why do people believe they are entitled to play through a game with no possibility of loosing? I unlocked galactic war 4 days ago, completed it twice, the other 2 I got annilated by level 60's but I still won some rewards useful in powering my characters and buying shards.
    Man up people and enjoy the game, when you finally beat the galactic war, pat yourself on the back for overcoming a challenge you worked so hard to achieve.

You sir are an ****.