Are the shards of the tournament divided by regions?

For an example: I live in Brazil. Will have only american and european people on my shard? Or will have Japanese too, for an example?

Replies

• It's already Sunday on Japan, for an example
  • Someone?
  • I don't know. I set my defense team immediately after the event started & haven't done a battle yet. I am currently at rank 4570 at level 85 in a 80+ shard & am located on the northwest coast of the US. That is a small enough number that i would think there multiple shards at max level even for one region.

The number one spot is held by "Mar Lon" with Nibinay" & "BeatsByRey" in a close second/third on my shard. Does anyone 80+ located elsewhere in the world have the same players on their leaderboard?
  • I don't know. I set my defense team immediately after the event started & haven't done a battle yet. I am currently at rank 4570 at level 85 in a 80+ shard & am located on the northwest coast of the US. That is a small enough number that i would think there multiple shards at max level even for one region.

The number one spot is held by "Mar Lon" with Nibinay" & "BeatsByRey" in a close second/third on my shard. Does anyone 80+ located elsewhere in the world have the same players on their leaderboard?

I'm from the same shard! I was on 26, now i am at 65. I'm afraid of the asian people play a lot while i'm sleeping lol

I'm one hour ahead only
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Maybe they do just fill one shard at a time if we are located so far apart & are in the same one. From the reward structure I would think they cap out at 5000 people though. If that is the case anyone who joins through the night will be placed in a new shard.

Edit: I'm still only at 4580 so the shard still won't fill for sometime.
  • I heard they are divided up according to the time zones, but I have no idea if that is true or not
  • I'm East Coast US and this is my shard as well.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't know. I set my defense team immediately after the event started & haven't done a battle yet. I am currently at rank 4570 at level 85 in a 80+ shard & am located on the northwest coast of the US. That is a small enough number that i would think there multiple shards at max level even for one region.

Hey there I'm 14th on that shard at the moment. @AnonymousMeh

Central time zone here.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm in the same tournament shard, west coast, US. #1 right now is a kruineph dragonsnow, then marlon, nibinay and beatsbyrey

Currently in the low 100s.

I set my defense when it opened but didn't battle it out until this evening. Guessing tournament shards probably filled with first come first serve. Should've waited until later to set a defense and play and maybe been put in a weak shard.
  • I'm pretty sure there are three pools:
    European pool.
    North/South America pool.
    Asia/Oceana pool.

Shards are filled up with players from their pool as people set their defensive teams. When a shard fills up, a new one is created. But you only play with people from your pool. I could be totally and completely wrong, but this is what I gather.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Well I wish my European pool was more fairly matched, currently still very much stuck being matched to players that are now between 43,000 and 53,000 when my maximum power is just under 35,000, I don't know whether to take it as a complement that I'm able to match some players that are that OP compared to my lower gear level or whether to shed a small tear at the amount of Ally points getting eaten up for me to get +4 or +8 more points a time taking out 1 or 2 of there's before being utterly annihilated

I'm all for having a skill based tournament where you could utilise team synergy's and combinations to beat someone but would be nice if it was more focused around the individual players squad that they are using at the time. For instance if i selected a low level test team with a power level of only 26,000 it would then scan through and match to a similar powered team i could choose from.
    Then if i wanted to break out the big guns and use my more geared toons it would try to match me with an similar power level.
    This way you could go through and use all your toons in your roster and maybe even make it a more fun tournament based around experimenting with all the toons at your disposal rather than people just spamming the same team combos and meta teams over and over
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    The first tournament there were 3 main regions each with own Start time. Americas, Europe, Asia

In each region there can be multiple leader boards. 99% sure this is still the case.

I'm from the same shard! I was on 26, now i am at 65. I'm afraid of the asian people play a lot while i'm sleeping lol

Be afraid. Be very afraid. They come out at night when you are sleeping...
  • Well I wish my European pool was more fairly matched, currently still very much stuck being matched to players that are now between 43,000 and 53,000 when my maximum power is just under 35,000, I don't know whether to take it as a complement that I'm able to match some players that are that OP compared to my lower gear level or whether to shed a small tear at the amount of Ally points getting eaten up for me to get +4 or +8 more points a time taking out 1 or 2 of there's before being utterly annihilated.

I'm having the exact issue. All of my opponents are a far higher power than I.
    No matter how often I mash that refresh, it's all the same. 5-10k higher than I am.
    I'm just not even in the running for a chance at anything.
    Thanks to whoever **** that up.
  • Yeah the match making seems a little off or broken!
    Going up against a difference of +10,000 means no level of Skill or RNG can even come close to a fair fight making competing impossible and only serves to reward players that have uber farmed one squad team whilst excluding more and more players that are not quite at the end game meta and whale levels of the game.

Iv'e spent time developing and growing multiple teams of toons slowly around the same level not wanting to rush ahead with one OP Arena/Meta team thinking finally a tournament like this would reward having a large diverse set of toons in the tool box, yet again this doesnt seem to be the case as its seems all down to just chasing having that 1 OP squad combo which is sadly starting to suck all the fun out of the game for me.

If they wanted to make the tournaments actually interesting flip it around so that you select your team of toons first then it try's to match you to a similar power level team you can choose from!
    Would be nice if it was more focused around the individual players squad that you are using at the time. For instance if i selected a low level test team with a power level of only 26,000 it would then scan through and match to a similar powered team i could battle.
    Then if i wanted to break out the big guns and use my more geared toons it would try to match me with a likewise higher power level.

This way you could go through and use all your toons in your roster and maybe even make it a more fun tournament based around experimenting with all the toons at your disposal rather than people just spamming the same team combos and meta teams over and over in a relentless grind to the top that even those sitting at that sacred number one spot will admit is not exactly the most enjoyable aspect of the game.
  • WildMango wrote: »
    I don't know. I set my defense team immediately after the event started & haven't done a battle yet. I am currently at rank 4570 at level 85 in a 80+ shard & am located on the northwest coast of the US. That is a small enough number that i would think there multiple shards at max level even for one region.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. They come out at night when you are sleeping...

Lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    The first tournament there were 3 main regions each with own Start time. Americas, Europe, Asia

In each region there can be multiple leader boards. 99% sure this is still the case.

^ this
    I don't think there is a timezone anywhere in the world where the tournament ends in the middle of the night (03:00AM). That would be impossible without different regions for leaderboards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I am on that same shard that has Mar Lon and BeatsByRey, but they have dropped to 11-20. I set my defense team within a minute of tourney opening for me a little more than 14 hours ago. If there are multiple tourney shards per region with 5000+ That are filled as folks join, that shard has to be the first to fill. Also when i launched my first battle a minute or two later it said i was rank 900 or so. Blitzted my way to #24 for a brief moment and have dropped back to #595 in the hours since.
  • For an example: I live in Brazil. Will have only american and european people on my shard? Or will have Japanese too, for an example?

Seems regional, some of my guild mates have different start and end times.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!