Rogue One Pack Feedback: Reward Results inside.

Prev1345
Palanthian
1262 posts Member
edited December 2016
The pack displays 4 characters on the cover graphic:

Chirrut
Cassian
K-2SO
Baze

The pack contains the following additional characters that can drop:

Bistan
SRP
Shoretrooper

When you purchase the pack, there are 7 character drops in total, each drop containing between 2-10 shards per drop.

This is how the pack drops for each character slot:

Slot 1: ALWAYS Bistan or SRP
Slot 2: K-2SO, Baze or Shoretrooper
Slot 3: Chirrut or Cassian (mostly Cassian)
Slot 4: ALWAYS Bistan or SRP
Slot 5: ALWAYS Bistan or SRP
Slot 6: ALWAYS Bistan or SRP
Slot 7: ALWAYS Bistan or SRP

This pack is being marketed in a misleading manner, I believe myself and others have been mis-sold. The pack description depicts all of the characters equally, this is the Bistan and SRP pack.

Is it REALLY necessary to do this to spending customers?
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Share your results.
    Who was the luckiest person so far?
  • angrythumbs
    334 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    not surprisingly disappointed ... ton of SRP (easily farmable), some bistian (good), 15 blaze, maybe 5-7 chirut and 5 -7 cass.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • This is absolute correct. I bought 10 packs and this is what I got.

This pack gave bistan and SRp 90%. Feel this is a huge rip off.

At least allow the other slots have a chance for baza and others
  • Just brought 10 my self and similar results.

I brought in hope to finish of chirrut and if I'm getting those result then agree massively miss leading :(
  • Baze wrote: »
    Lots of $$$ thrown into this pack for such a miniscule amount of Chirrut shards it's pathetic. I got 10 Chirrut shards out of 10 tries. 10 x 1199 crystals = 11990. At this pace it's going to cost more to get my CI to 7 stars than what it cost me to get my Baze to 7.

Total rip off.

I got 4 Chirrut shards for 12k crystals. I'm beyond annoyed.
  • if the abovewritten is true, then its clearly an act of wrongful advertisment. Whether intentional or not - remains to be seen
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Baze wrote: »
    Lots of $$$ thrown into this pack for such a miniscule amount of Chirrut shards it's pathetic. I got 10 Chirrut shards out of 10 tries. 10 x 1199 crystals = 11990. At this pace it's going to cost more to get my CI to 7 stars than what it cost me to get my Baze to 7.

Total rip off.

I got 4 Chirrut shards for 12k crystals. I'm beyond annoyed.

Ouch RNGeezus was not in your favor my friend. Then again it will still take us till next August to get CI to 7 stars at this pace.
  • Thanks for the reasearch - very interesting!
  • Thanks OP for the heads up.
  • What's going CG?
    This pack is beyond misleading, it's a complete RIPOFF.
  • Stay away unless you are farming Bistan or Rebel Scarif. Don't get burned
  • Thank Palanthian for tracking this and posting the results. It's this kind of dedication and organization that makes these forums useful.

Sadly, it seems that, as usual, "buyer beware" should be a disclaimer on all packs with "random" drop rates.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The text states that duplicates "may" occur, but the reality is that will occure with two toons on 5 slots.
  • The Rogue One pack is the latest frustrating example.

I get the 'business model' involves making premium purchases a gamble.

But when you combine both bundling and gambling it becomes too much.

I can accept a gamble about whether I get 2 shards or 10 if I'm getting shards for a character I actually want, but not when those shards are bundled in with a character I already have at 7*.

I will gladly give you money for Chirrut Imwe shards and gamble over how many I'll get, but I'm not prepared to pay for bundles which include 3 characters (K2S0, Baze and Pathfinder) where I already have all the shards I need.

I mean you literally just finished an event where most android users got the shards for a 7* K2, and now you are attaching those same shards to a 'premium' bundle and selling it to Android users. You KNOW those items are a complete waste for Android users, and it's unfair to make us pay for them when we are trying to buy something else.

With packs like this you could at least remove 7* character from the loot table. That way we'd still be gambling on which characters we get and how many shards, but wouldn't be coerced into paying for unneeded items.
  • This pack is terrible, once again we're given a pack with a small chance at one or two desirable things mixed in with way more undesirable things to inflate the price. Auriodium needs to come back, or at least something similar. I'll pay for a guarantee and I know I'm not alone.
  • There are so many packs now I have to scroll right for a minute to get my free pack.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Triple3ccc wrote: »
    Baze wrote: »
    If only CG followed suit of other countries that enforce rules about odds disclosures we wouldn't be complaining so much. But then again most of us wouldn't take part in this in the first place if we saw the real odds.

This isn't even an odds issue. Certain slots they are denying toon shards.

I can understand the other packs because they don't have this type of issue or at least they don't display it like this.

Just from this thread alone, probably a total of 40,000 crystals was spent and total combined we may have 15 chirrut shards or 15 baza shards.

That's a problem.

Correct. There are 7 slots that drop shards, each slot should have a chance to drop ANY character. 71% of the character drops in each pack are Bistan and SRP,
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    Lasserini wrote: »
    This game is very consistant in being poor value - The only way to complain that will actually force change is to reconsider your spending pattern.

Aslong as suckers keep accepting their deals they ain't improving.

Reminds me of the local carnival games where the carnival lackey sprays oil on the game board to purposely rig the game for players to lose.
  • Lasserini wrote: »
    This game is very consistant in being poor value - The only way to complain that will actually force change is to reconsider your spending pattern.

Aslong as suckers keep accepting their deals they ain't improving.

I think most of us who spend can accept its random but not when certain slots are designated to 2 toons out of the promised 7.

They should of at least visual changed it..
    If the OP didn't say it, I may not even have recognized it. Others are reporting the same exact pattern.
  • TheBinder wrote: »
    This pack is terrible, once again we're given a pack with a small chance at one or two desirable things mixed in with way more undesirable things to inflate the price. Auriodium needs to come back, or at least something similar. I'll pay for a guarantee and I know I'm not alone.

This.

You certainly aren't alone, I'm far more inclined to purchase packs and offers that have a clear price for a clear reward.

I'll be avoiding this pack, but if they had simply split it into one pack with one roll for each character, I'd probably have been prepared to pay hundreds.

Even better if they just removed the 'rolls' ie the gambling, and said $10 for 10 shards or something.

People will pay good money for this game, and I genuinely believe people would spend more if they knew what they were buying, rather than purchases being a gamble with a load of unwanted stuff bundled in with it.

By the way are you on my server?

If you are the same TheBinder as on my server, your team is bloomin difficult to beat!
  • Since they adjusted the drop rates on chromium's for new character after adding Baze and Shoretrooper without letting anyone know I have stopped spending money on the game. Going forward I told myself I would only purchase packs that I knew what I was getting. Aurodium packs were still a gamble but at least you knew what you could get and about how much it would cost to get a character to 7*. I would have liked to see the rouge one characters each get their own Aurodium pack.

The lack of transparency has really turned me off to spending. I will probably play this game until it ends but I'm not opening my wallet again unless I know exactly what I'm getting. They have burned me too many times...
  • I'm not sure what they are trying to do. The aurodium setup, though not perfect, was much better than this trash they've been dangling in front of us. At least there wasn't so much remorse after purchasing those. These new packs with terrible droprates and even lower amounts of slots available to roll a desirable characters shards is really making me lose interest fast.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Thank Palanthian for tracking this and posting the results. It's this kind of dedication and organization that makes these forums useful.

Sadly, it seems that, as usual, "buyer beware" should be a disclaimer on all packs with "random" drop rates.

Seems it's worse than that. You look at the pack, and it says it's random, but it says:

Between 2-10 Baze, 2-10 CI, 2-10 Shore, 2-10 Cassian AND 2-10 K2

Not that each slot has a chance to give 2-10 shards from a random hero, where the "random" is heavily biased to free characters. The problem in this pack is that the char "slots" are the same number as the chars that you can get. This creates an expectation that each char will get a slot. Unlike packs like the fleet megapack, where you get 8 slots for umpteen ships/chars and are thus warned beforehand that you won't get all.

Moreover, having the slots biased towards the free chars makes it an outright scam.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    This form of misleading marketing is exactly why I stopped buying those packs before summer. Only bought a couple of crystal packs since.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    It's even made better by the disclaimer at the bottom:

*Duplicate Character Shards May Occur

So they protected themselves from false advertisement. I'm glad I bought NONE of these.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Palanthian wrote: »

Chirrut
    Cassian
    K-2SO
    Baze

Bistan
    SRP
    Shoretrooper

When you purchase the pack, there are 7 character drops in total, each drop containing between 2-10 shards per drop.

This pack is being marketed in a misleading manner, I believe myself and others have been mis-sold. The pack description depicts all of the characters equally, this is the Bistan and SRP pack.

Totally agree with you!!! 100% unbelievable.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited December 2016

So they protected themselves from false advertisement. I'm glad I bought NONE of these.

Actually it's not.

May means a possibility, a weak possibility..this isn't a "possibility" it's a 100% chance of duplicate pulls.
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Silleck wrote: »

Actually it's not.

May means a possibility, a weak possibility..this isn't a "possibility" it's a 100% chance of duplicate pulls.

Exactly.. Is 100% drop and duplicate on Bistan and SRP! And only 2 shards of Chirrut? Smh
  • Palanthian wrote: »

Chirrut
    Cassian
    K-2SO
    Baze

Bistan
    SRP
    Shoretrooper

This is just great, amazing, eye opening data, and I owe you a debt of gratitude for being a guinea pig and providing it.

But, holy cow, you are basically ground zero for why this is actually a problem. This is not your first post extolling the predatory and deceptive nature of these packs and basically most offerings these days. Heck, you just had a big thread of how you burned yourself opening the R1 Bundle before activating her from the tourney.

Why do you continually support these practices with your wallet? You've obviously spent enough money to have a real voice that could stand for change but you repeatedly open yourself to be victimized fully knowing what the results are going to be before pressing the purchase button. Has a dev ever responded to these type of posts? Anyone ever explain why Baze drop rates from chromium was negligible or that it wouldn't happen again? Albert Einstein defined "crazy" as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

To be totally honest, to produce this kind of information, to proclaim you have been mis-sold and then buy the very next bundle/pack lottery offering they provide more or less makes you come off as a sore loser or complainer than someone who is voicing a real concern and standing up for his rights.

When mods dropped and TI withdrew its financial support for this game because they were unhappy with results of their investment, the message was loud and clear and things changed.
  • Do not get it! So many people saying it's the bistan and SRP pack. According to one person it goes like this
    So unless farming bistan and SRP, don't get it
This discussion has been closed.