Looking for skywalkers true father, king daddy sir, truth or derek reyia anyone else on this server

Replies

• Yeah obviously I am not as good as you (Sifu) on arena but I usually find myself around #30 when I start my run.. Seems like Wiggs, Empire and Boba teams target Droids... The good thing is while droids are hopeless in defence, we can beat any of the meta teams as well..

Anyway I am sometimes frustrated how much RNG plays a part because on some days I find myself losing 2-3 times to some wiggs team just because I can't land an ability block or if I trigger Biggs with critical hit. On other days, I can win 5 in a row easily even though I use the same strategy. Kinda frustrating.
  • @Chatoman @Specter0010 @Reallifetoon @Bryan_FTB and any others who've had a bash at my new Groids (grindy droids)... How're they doing?

For anyone who hasn't encountered them, I'm trialling an all-droid tank squad that feed of K -2SO and IG100:

HK-47, K-2SO, IG100, B2 and GG (although GG's a placeholder that's only there for kudos until I can level-up my Andor)

So far I've had a good degree of success even though K's only on gear IX and lacking some Omegas. I don't seem to have dropped much further than usual overnight either. Could anyone confirm if they're easier or tougher to beat and if there are any glaring changes to make? I know that K spends a lot of his time unbuffed which isn't ideal but once he lands a counter he gets a taunt and that does the trick (keeping JE instead of GG meant I lacked DPS and gained an easy target)

Cheers in advance.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Hi SifuSteve,

I just attacked your team from #2. Basically your lack of JE meant your team didn't stand a chance against my droids defensively. FYI K2SO chose to daze my JE which probably rendered the negative effect useless. I took out in order GG, HK, IG100, B2 and finally K2SO. Didn't lose a toon on my side (JE did not need to resurrect any of my droids too.

I am however quite sure you have no problem defeating my team when you are at the controls..
  • Hi SifuSteve,

I just attacked your team from #2. Basically your lack of JE meant your team didn't stand a chance against my droids defensively. FYI K2SO chose to daze my JE which probably rendered the negative effect useless. I took out in order GG, HK, IG100, B2 and finally K2SO. Didn't lose a toon on my side (JE did not need to resurrect any of my droids too.

I am however quite sure you have no problem defeating my team when you are at the controls..

Thanks dude. That's really helpful... and pretty much as I expected. Your guys definitely required a lot more selective targeting to beat. Droids are notorious for poor AI control so figured that out of everyone, yours would be the toughest (especially now my JE's no longer beating yours to the punch).

I've recorded a lot of fights and stuck them on YT if anyone wants to see their team on defence. Just search Galaxy of Heroes Sifu and you'll find my channel. There's no frills, just fights with a bit of insight in the description.

Here's one of yours RLT, taken earlier today:
    https://youtu.be/vaxrD8zgvuE
  • Hi SifuSteve,

To be honest I didn't know you put up videos regularly. Seems like what your team lacks is DPS. I wonder how you will do if you face off against Wotz Basten who has plenty of tanky toons. Anyway I have to say what you and Chatoman shared recently on your strategy against wiggs have benefited me greatly. Thank you.

It's also good to see more EP (and even a Boba Fett) led team in our shard. Chatoman has also made the switch. This has brought about more balance but somehow it seems droid teams continue to be targetted. Anyway no complaints. I prefer an arena with more variety.

• I'm really happy too that we are again in the middle of a meta shift. These are always interesting times. But I'm even happier that I've been able to make some major changes to my squad and completely U-turn the strategy for them. Time will tell if they can last the distance but it's nice to be able to go even more droid exclusive and still remain a contender.

Regarding Wots, I haven't had a problem with him or any other tanky squads. The DPS question was raised on the 'ideal droid squad' thread also and I've put my thoughts on there. At the moment, I -just about- have enough DPS in Grievous to get the job done and the weighted fire from B2, 100 and K mount up pretty well over the course of a match. I'm hoping Cassian Andor will be a good replacement and I completely skipped the Jan Ors tourny to save up for his.
  • Reallifetoon
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Yes SifuSteve, interesting times indeed. Hence I have also tried to attack different teams just to see how well my droids does against team. By the way, I thought I list down some of the arena payout times that I know off so others here can hopefully avoid hitting these teams perhaps 2 hours before payout. If you know of others please feel free to add to the list.

Chatoman 1800 PDT
    SifuSteve 1100 PDT
    Clarice 0300 PDT
    O Jeeesus 0200 PDT
    liujinghui 0200 PDT

I have not contacted the last 2 guys on my list but I know that is the payout time for China based players and have seen them run up to #1 (especially O Jeeesus' Boba team) almost everyday.

Are you sure Goodwin has the same payout time as yours? He seems to be sniping throughout the day. Another droid user who seems to snipe throughout the day is Delvin Alate. Hopefully these 2 guys appear on the forum to let us know their actual payout time...

Post edited by Reallifetoon on
  • @reallifetoon...my payout is 1800pdt time change put it back an hour.

Still trying to figure out mods for empire team.
  • Hi SifuSteve,

To be honest I didn't know you put up videos regularly. Seems like what your team lacks is DPS. I wonder how you will do if you face off against Wotz Basten who has plenty of tanky toons.
    Dude, since you said this I've been looking out for him. I got my chance today and oh wow... it was close:
    https://youtu.be/wFjyimBGKEQ
    I'm not sure I want to go through that regularly.
  • Chatoman, I have already edited the timing yesterday. Our payout timing is miles apart and I dont believe I have ever snip a match in area close to your payout time.

SifuSteve, You actually did better than me. The first time I tried Wotz Basten, I ran out of time lol.. the reason being I kept on changing my target because both his EP and Pilot just refused to go down.. Furthermore, for some reason both his B2 and mine kept on getting activated so much time was wasted. Anyway, shoretrooper at 7* is probably the best tank in the game now.
  • Reallifetoon
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Arrgh SifuSteve, you sniped me 1.5 hours before my arena payout. Would appreciate if you dont snipe me 2 hours before my payout (think it is about 11am London time as I am on GMT + 7). I usually have to move 1 hour earlier as O'Jeeesus and liujing guy would move at the same time and they target the droids....
    Would appreciate it greatly if that is possible.

P.S. After I posted this, I went back to arena and realised you got hit by Danielix as well lol..
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Ahh man. I'm terrible at this. So sorry. It's down to three things:
    1 - I'm off work and playing this game at all times of the day.
    2 - If I don't keep my place topped up, I get bumped right down into the twenties and have to spend a solid hour or lots of crystals to get back... which at my payout time (my boy's bed time), is really awkward.
    3 - I've been trialling my groids against as many different opponents as possible.

I'm really sorry to do you over, dude. I try to time my attacks at a few minutes past the hour as I figure that will leave enough time to undo the damage. But I hadn't considered that all you'll probably do is attack me right back to gain the position.

I'm sure I'll get the knack of this eventually. It's just really tough to stay buoyant when you know you're a prime target...
  • Hi SifuSteve,

Yeah no problem. I made it back up to get the no. 1 spot on time. Since its around my payout time I obviously have no choice but to continue sniping.. Anyway it wasn't me who bumped you but Danielix.

By the way, I previously mentioned Goodwin sniping for #1 about 5-10 mins before my arena payout and he did so again today. I believe you mentioned he did this to you previously as well. Maybe he just have the habit of trying to snipe # 1 every hour just to irritate people lol..

And yes I feel your pain. Seems like every team target droids and there are not so many around the top 20 anymore..
  • It's Zalandas Gosular that gets me. But now my groids have started troubling his Rex team, he's switched to an Empire meta.
  • Hi SifuSteve,

I tried attacking your new droid team yesterday just to test it our since I noticed you had increased the gear level for KS2O. I couldnt get through the high HP of your droids and basically lost due to the counters from K2SO and IG100. Looks like with your new gear level for K2SO, you are a match for any team now.

By the way, there are now so many slightly different teams in top 10 that I hardly get a look in. Any idea how to deal with BHG Epic 2's EP team with GK? Who do you target first? EP then TFP and GK? Thanks.
  • Yeah, Epic 2's team is a tough fight for me too. I think I've done better with my burst team against him though. I'll try and snap a vid against him so you can see my target priority.
  • Merry Christmas shardmates. I hope Santa bought you all the Star Wars merch you ever dreamed of. (",)
  • Merry Christmas to you SifuSteve. No gifts for me sadly though I have to say EA gave me a pre Christmas gift by bringing back Emperor's demise. Have been waiting since August...

My arena success on Christmas was again slightly soured by being sniped out of No. 1 by Goodwin 5 minutes before payout. Thankfully he hit me from No. 2 so damage was limited.. Hope you will do better than me.
  • truthorderek has a horrendous Chaze. I slapped all three of Wiggdo quite quickly then spent nearly 3 and a half minutes trying to rinse Chaze with JE, B2, HK and 88. The amount of HoTs they get, along with their counters is almost unplayable. You literally have a full squad's utility in those two: a fast attacker, a tank, a healer, a debuff clearer, two counter-hitters etc... I had no hope with the groids and in my burst team, had to rely on RNG and constant heals from JE.

Ouch.
  • It's been a while since I checked in on this thread so I thought I'd drop by with my latest project. I've been trialling Cassian as the 5th man in my groids squad (47,100,K,B2,Cass) in place of Grievous. At 4*, he's notably underpowered but I kinda wanted to know if it was worth smashing a tourney to improve him. This vid was his 4th field test and, as expected, he gets deleted early. What happens next was one of the best matches I've had in PvP... Sooooo close!
    https://youtu.be/L426xupHJNE
  • Zalandas_Gosular
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Hey, only just found this thread.

I'm Zalandas Gosular, looking back through the topic Sifu used to complain about my old Clone counter team a lot <3. I'm also UK based so have a payout of 1800 GMT but am currently struggling to deal with any team that contains Chirrut and Baze. Also, just checkout out your YT @SifuSteve and that video of my SunFac lasting for almost 3 minutes 1v3 makes me want to try that team again not that it would do very well.

I'm in a guild with a few other shard mates so know their payouts as well:
    Wotz and Truthorderek are GMT-8
    Bune is GMT+13
    Yujiro Hanma is GMT+1
  • Hey, only just found this thread.

I'm Zalandas Gosular, looking back through the topic Sifu used to complain about my old Clone counter team a lot <3. I'm also UK based so have a payout of 1800 GMT but am currently struggling to deal with any team that contains Chirrut and Baze. Also, just checkout out your YT @SifuSteve and that video of my SunFac lasting for almost 3 minutes 1v3 makes me want to try that team again not that it would do very well.

I'm in a guild with a few other shard mates so know their payouts as well:
    Wotz and Truthorderek are GMT-8
    Bune is GMT+13
    Yujiro Hanma is GMT+1
    Dude, it's nice to finally meet you. Your old Rex lead has motivated me to adapt, improvise and overcome. You have been my main rival for about 6 months and I wouldn't have had half as much fun as I have without such a worthy opponent. So many of my tensest games have come against you. In equal measure, also some of my most heartbreaking. The constant cat and mouse antics have had me laughing out loud.

At one point I realised it was actually more lucrative to take a comfortable 2nd than it was to grab a 1st and use panicked refreshes to block you out (a strat I learnt from you the hard way).

As far as I can tell, we're the only GMT payees in contention so I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of each other until some young upstart bounces past us with some horrible Chaze, Wiggs and Kenobi combo. I hope you find a counter to the Chazes that are dominating our bracket. It was a high-Potency B2 that did it for me although he's not quite as effective when not under HK's lead. They're still a nightmare but with so many chances at a buff block, you eventually get a pair that stick.

See you soon.
  • Yeah, I don't think arena would have been nearly as fun (or frustrating) if there wasn't someone to fight for 1st with at payout.
    Hopefully there'll be an update in the next week or two that adds something that can deal with Chaze or I'll just need to hope that whatever the first zeta I choose can match it. I've been a bit slow with zetas but should have my first one this weekend and am thinking Vader for now.
    Recently it seems like every time I fight a Chaze team I get completely wiped out before taking out anyone or it comes down to a 2v1 and I still lose cause I'll have no damage left to get through the heals.

• Hello Zalandas Gosular, nice to see another chap from our arena.. Thanks for the info on payout timing which confirms there are currently few players at Asian payout.

Needless to say, my droids are not as strong as SifuSteve and in terms of percentage, my win rate nowadays is about 40-50% against Chaze teams. However, if Chaze teams has GK in their lineup it becomes a hopeless fight. I am happy to be in top 5 at payout though occasionally I make it to #1 if Goodwin does not snipe me right at the end..

What I have read is that Boba is the counter to Chaze but personally I feel B2 is key. Perhaps that is why I have more success against Chaze teams rather than Sinister ThunderGun's team (Boba lead) who usually sit at No. 1 during Asian time payout. Somehow his defence is so strong that I feel my droids are hitting a brick war.
  • For anyone who's still checking this thread, a few of us (Epic, Wotz, Derek, and me) are in a line chat to discuss payout organising. Would be good to get a few more in there.

If you're interested, here's the link http://line.me/R/ti/g/oApWT3G776. Just need to install the Line chat app then can join.
  • I may well get around to that at some point, once I've cleared off the other 267 apps that feel the need to notify me if someone farts...

Regarding the shard, I've noticed that the guys who normally get a payout before me and Zalandas (Dell Jade) have become more aggressive in 'our' hour. Not sure if they've had some sort of daylight saving thing that's clashed their payout with ours or if they're just putting in more work to avoid dropping so far. I had #1 about 50 minutes before payout and got bumped off it twice by Jade and the other guy (eventually getting bumped a 3rd time by Zalandas- but I expected that).
  • OMG! Never thought I would find you mates.
    I'm O Jeeesus. How are you doing?
    So excited. Haha.
  • Hey @OJeeesus, don't think many of us are checking this thread much anymore but if you have line we have a group chat going on that which is growing quite a bit. Seems kinda weird that so many of us went so long without talking to other shard mates when we've playing for over a year.

Here's the invite link if you wanna join http://line.me/R/ti/g/oApWT3G776
  • tjzII
    11 posts Member
    Hey everyone. I'm in your arena. Was wondering if there is chat for the leader; i'm tjzII in game as well as here
  • Are you guys still organized?
    Do have a new chat?