TI Tournament Sniping/Strategy thread?

Prev1
Atlas1
1713 posts Member
There was a thread on here yesterday about a team instinct member's strategy on starting the tournament late. Was it deleted? I wanted to revisit it but I could not find it. If it was deleted, why?

Replies

• Because they don't want the secret getting out...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • I started the last tournament with about one hour left and the leader had about 8000 points. So
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    So it was deleted. It's a strategy, so why try to cover it up?
  • I don't see a real advantage too starting late. It boils down to how many ally points you spent in the end. That is how I see it.
  • They want people spending more time on the game
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Disinformation campaign by TI to get people to start late so they have less competition at the top of the LB.
  • if you had no hope of getting into top 100 from past tournament experience, then by all means, try starting late. that could be a strategy.
  • I do this and it has enabled me to unlock both jyn and vaders tie advanced...the trick is you cant wait too long...From what I understand each server has about 5k people on it and then a new one starts...but eventually they stop creating servers and you get thrown on to the back end of an existing server...Dont wait too long are your screwed...Started the Jyn tourney at like 4200 and in like 5 fights with my b/c team I was top 100...I waited about 5 hours...

This being said it could all be poop luck on my end....i would not wait until 1 hour left though...no way they are still making servers at that time...
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I mean I'll spend an hour MAX on the tournament. There's not much motivation to play it. So whether I start at the beginning or at the end doesn't matter much to me. Perhaps I'll rank better, maybe not. No big deal. I'm just tired of tournaments.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    There was a thread on here yesterday about a team instinct member's strategy on starting the tournament late. Was it deleted? I wanted to revisit it but I could not find it. If it was deleted, why?

Some guy was trying to bad mouth TI and came up with a bogus post that said it was our secret.
  • C3pain0
    157 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Stormy wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Some guy was trying to bad mouth TI and came up with a bogus post that said it was our secret.

Good to know @Stormy I clearly do not have the same rosters as you guys as I am f2p...but it has helped me out or at least it appears to have...
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    @Stormy thanks for the clarification. I missed that. Anyway, the strat seems to work somewhat. Guess we'll find out tonight. Can't be any worse than ranking 3000 like last time! Lol
  • @Atlas1 FYI i waited between 5-6 hours on jyn tourney...would be nice to confirm if it actually works or not..
  • There really isnt a winning strategy on entering- we just plan out with the people who have a lot of AP diff enter times- so we arent fighting each other, and maxxing rewards for our whole guild. We keep eyes on the ranks, and know it's safe for the next person once it hits 4.5K or so.
  • Stormy wrote: »
    There really isnt a winning strategy on entering- we just plan out with the people who have a lot of AP diff enter times- so we arent fighting each other, and maxxing rewards for our whole guild. We keep eyes on the ranks, and know it's safe for the next person once it hits 4.5K or so.

Agreed...like I said it has worked out for two tourneys for me but could clearly be my rngesus blessing
  • Stormy wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Ay-yah. People need to calm tf down. Man I hate the internet most of the time...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • If it helps, I thought last time round that because everyone was doing the 'late entry' trick that I might be able to avoid all the top players by going in immediately on launch, the result you ask? It went really badly but thanks for reading.
  • DaveAugust wrote: »
    If it helps, I thought last time round that because everyone was doing the 'late entry' trick that I might be able to avoid all the top players by going in immediately on launch, the result you ask? It went really badly but thanks for reading.

Huh. Started at 2:00 for me, I entered at about 2:05. My leader had ~7000 points at the end and I finished at ~250 with a little over 5000.

Long story short? Enter whenever. It doesn't matter.
  • Every tournament I've done, the people who were at the top at the beginning were at the top at the end. I started in the first couple of hours of each tournament and I've gotten Shoretrooper, Chirrut & Jyn.

I really don't see the benefit of starting late.
  • We don't do disinformation campaigns. We share what we know for the good of the community.

- ìN Darth JarJar

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's going to be a crap shoot as we don't know when or how they determine opening a new tourney shard. But my guildmate was able to start the tournament late and got the same top 100 rank with about 55k AC vs my 150k and I didn't start right away.

But others tried to really wait it out and got hit with no chance to make top 100....

All in all there doesn't seem to be any benefit to joining right away, unless you know you are going for broke and want the time to burn all AC.

It would be nice if they had a better balance on this, because there is something to this "strategy " and maybe they leave it that was because it's a gamble......
  • Atlas1 wrote: »

Maybe because it did not only contain false/misleading info but also mentioned ways of exploiting the tournaments (buddies piggy-backing to the top) if I do recall correctly.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I guess is all about luck, u may enter late and get a new shard or contrary. Check some posts at reddit, devs fixed this "issue".

People on my guild tried this last tourney, only few got a new shard, others top 50 were already 5/7k points ahead, so it's a dangerous gamble.
  • Clanomadd wrote: »
    Disinformation campaign by TI to get people to start late so they have less competition at the top of the LB.

>:)

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    I've tried waiting late and same thing... entered a tourney that is well underway. It seems completely random... Some shards are 7k 1st others are 10k...

Wouldn't a benefit of joining late be that you would get higher points for each battle on average as you "catch up?".

So in theory the farther back you are the value of each battle would stay higher for more battles as you move up? Vs someone who joined early and was getting low points per battle sitting at #1?

• Twin wrote: »
    I've tried waiting late and same thing... entered a tourney that is well underway. It seems completely random... Some shards are 7k 1st others are 10k...

Wouldn't a benefit of joining late be that you would get higher points for each battle on average as you "catch up?".

So in theory the farther back you are the value of each battle would stay higher for more battles as you move up? Vs someone who joined early and was getting low points per battle sitting at #1?

Just as easily, you can join at anytime, and not start climbing until you are rank 4000's for the same affect
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Stormy wrote: »
    Twin wrote: »

Just as easily, you can join at anytime, and not start climbing until you are rank 4000's for the same affect

correct...

• I think the moral of the story is: stop overthinking it. It's not important.
  • I don't see a real advantage too starting late. It boils down to how many ally points you spent in the end. That is how I see it.

Starting late might put you in an easier shard. Whether that is actually true or not, nobody knows.
  • I have three accounts, I join at different times, sometimes I get on a good shard, sometimes I dont. All 3 accounts are 85, I started early, late, mid, etc, and it varies completely with what shard I get on. As far as I can tell its 100% complete random luck. I've placed 4th with 4000 points, and I've placed 600th with 5000 points.