QGJ making me rethink my starting 5

Prev13
garcia_george99
164 posts Member
edited January 2016
I am kind of torn whether to rethink of a new team or just replace qgj with poggle,

My current team is Sidious as leader, luminara, poggle, GS, and ig86

I was thinking of changing it to QGJ as leader, luminara, sidious, and leaving the other 2 spots open to suggestions, i was leaning on getting jedi characters so they would benifet from QGJs leader ability, but I cant think of any good ones besides obi wan and asohka, and im not even to sure on asohka.

Characters that are worth mentioning that i already have are: count dooku, fives, JC, kylo ren, old daka, ima gun di, boba fett, captain phasma, luke, assajj, vader, and ig88.
EDIT: I am 14/80 for barris and 43/80 for rey
Post edited by garcia_george99 on

Replies

• Don't use QGJ as leader.

QGJ can replace IG86
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Don't use QGJ as leader.

QGJ can replace IG86

Why not QG leader?
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The crit n crit damage helps a fair bit in arena.

Of cos if you are lvl 8 for the passive and it affects all allies. It would be nice

Just to add leadership speed passive now apparently only affect from turn 2 onwards.
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    The crit n crit damage helps a fair bit in arena.

Of cos if you are lvl 8 for the passive and it affects all allies. It would be nice

Just to add leadership speed passive now apparently only affect from turn 2 onwards.

Nice to know, i heard that speed was the name of the game which is why i thought QGJ was so important
  • QGJ has a nice assist, dispel n buff on dispel.

The utility is invaluable with the dispel

Possibly one of the stronger ls dps?

Along with lumi they are the staple for a lot of viable team compositions.

Jedi compositions. Think dooku n sid.

But maybe meta will change
  • Phasma would be a good pickup for QGJ and GS.

Phasma, GS, QGJ, Lumi and Dooku, Kylo, or Sid would be nice.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    No, definitely don't replace Sid with QGJ. Leader speed bonuses don't work for turn 1 of Arena, and right now Jedi teams are weak without Chromium exclusives. Your current team is great, just replace Lumi with a Gear 8 Poe (star won't matter) and you're set. QGJ doesn't really have a place on your team while Poggle is in there. You could swap Poggle out for QGJ, the damage output might be a little less but you would have a dispell ability with offense up potential to counter taunts.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • oTradeMark wrote: »
    No, definitely don't replace Sid with QGJ. Leader speed bonuses don't work for turn 1 of Arena, and right now Jedi teams are weak without Chromium exclusives. Your current team is great, just replace Lumi with a Gear 8 Poe (star won't matter) and you're set. QGJ doesn't really have a place on your team while Poggle is in there. You could swap Poggle out for QGJ, the damage output might be a little less but you would have a dispell ability with offense up potential to counter taunts.

Even chromium only Jedi composition is bad atm

I thought QGJ was stronger then poggle, and im not really trying to invest in poe, since he is in the same shipment as QGJ and i heard a nerf on him was coming with the next update

I thought QGJ was stronger then poggle, and im not really trying to invest in poe, since he is in the same shipment as QGJ and i heard a nerf on him was coming with the next update

QGJ offers more utility but needs to be starred n geared n skilled cos he is still squishy

Poggle is fine as he is mostly there for his buff
  • Farming few teams atm after my counter team is finished (phasma sid Lumi kylo ct/Daka). Still got to work on gs and Ig 86 to finish droid team.

But there is one team I really wanna try. Its fast hitting poe team that includes QGJ and Rey (both soon 5*).

Poe Rey QGJ. Which two chars would you add. Obviously I need leader. Could fast team with Dooku/Leia work?

I have enough toons 5-7* to try different combos (Sid, Phasma, Lumi, Kylo, Daka, fotp 4*, Ct, Vader, Poggle, Asajj, Boba, Dooku, Leia 3 star max gear, GS 4*, Ig 88, IG 86 4*)

So which guys would you add to qgj and Rey. Poe seems like no brainier but I'm open to any advice.

Cheers
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Honestly with POE, Rey, and QGJ you could almost add anyone else besides Jar Jar. Why not Sid lead and Poggle or GS
  • Is it worth farming him from scratch at this point? I already have 5* Poe and 4* daka, should I just work on one of those or is he really that good?
  • Depends, if you run Jedi, then yes!

If you don't run Jedi, well... Probably not, but don't be surprised when you miss the Jedi meta.
  • Also, Daka should be the close second priority. Easy to leverage for GW completions, and overpowered in Arena.
  • If you are starting from scratch, I would focus on getting a strong arena squad first, and would therefore keep grinding Poe. Qgj starting from scratch as ftp, will take a long time, so I think you are probably better served focusing on the team you've been building. If you don't mind switching focus, then yes qgj is good. I have qgj at 7* as lead with 2 Jedi, it does ok.
  • Niemsco wrote: »
    If you are starting from scratch, I would focus on getting a strong arena squad first, and would therefore keep grinding Poe. Qgj starting from scratch as ftp, will take a long time, so I think you are probably better served focusing on the team you've been building. If you don't mind switching focus, then yes qgj is good. I have qgj at 7* as lead with 2 Jedi, it does ok.

Hey ur from my server lol I always see you in the #1 spot
    If you are starting from scratch, I would focus on getting a strong arena squad first, and would therefore keep grinding Poe. Qgj starting from scratch as ftp, will take a long time, so I think you are probably better served focusing on the team you've been building. If you don't mind switching focus, then yes qgj is good. I have qgj at 7* as lead with 2 Jedi, it does ok.

Lol that's funny
  • qgj as leader will speed up all allies at skill rank 8 so he works with non-jedi teams as well. He will take a long time to farm though
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    QGJ is worth it even without being leader. He has a massive assist in s very short cooldown and buff with offense up with his dispel
  • How about QGJ vs Daka for someone who hasn't spent any cantina credits yet? I have 2.1k
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • How about QGJ vs Daka for someone who hasn't spent any cantina credits yet? I have 2.1k
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • OGJ
  • i wonder if they have him up on the nerfing block. would be kinda funny.

good to see some peeps from the same server. Feel free to add me 176-994-547
  • I have Poe at 4* and was wondering if that was enough or should I take him to higher stars. OR start working on QGJ?
  • Xceptor
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You need poe speed at 143 and with decent health so he doesnt get one shotted by other first turn heroes like Sid GS etc.
    That means Gear 8, and imho 6* to be on the safe side.
    Then go on greener pastures if you so like. 7* POE can actually provide some tanking, 6* can do its job, 5* you risk being one shotted even when you win initiative
    4* is ineffective

hope it helps
  • Xceptor wrote: »
    You need poe speed at 143 and with decent health so he doesnt get one shotted by other first turn heroes like Sid GS etc.
    That means Gear 8, and imho 6* to be on the safe side.
    Then go on greener pastures if you so like. 7* POE can actually provide some tanking, 6* can do its job, 5* you risk being one shotted even when you win initiative
    4* is ineffective

hope it helps

Great breakdown. What he said :)
  • It also depends on your level.

If it's a new server, 4* might be enough for a while
  • Imo 5* is still useful. I'm staying in the top 50 hard launch bracket with a number of whale teams using a 5* Poe. Finished 19 today but rng wasn't on my side