Mental preparation for players entering the Level 50 - 60 phase

SeroZero
154 posts Member
edited December 2015
Dear global launch friends, as you slowly enter the 40s, if not already in the 50s level region, you might have noticed the sudden difficulty in maintaining your characters at the same level as you, or the best gear they can get at the moment. (Especially those that have more than 5 characters they want at the best possible condition always).
I wish to bring up firstly, that like all games, including MMORPGs, you should have realised the final few levels are usually the most difficult and longest grinding phase. This is usually put in place to slow down player progression and let you enjoy the content a little longer, as they prepare more content for you. I know some of you can't help but want to vent out the "OMG! This is going to take FOREVER".

Believe me, I F2P through this phase entirely, only using crystals I earned (I'll post a screenie of my roster today at the bottom to give you hope). For the P2P guys, if you loved rushing everything and leveling/gearing everything on your roster till now, prepare a credit card with larger limits, you won't be able to speed things up much without paying a price, a huge one now.

If you have not felt the sudden credit/training droid/gear crunch. I bring to you here, a small table of data of what to expect as you approach the level 60 cap.

What you might wish to do with the data:
  1. Plan out which characters you REALLY want to invest in as you reach the 50s region
  2. Stop wasting your precious resources right now leveling/gearing everything
  3. Save up credits or start training droid farming, and your precious ability mats
  4. Plan your priorities (Example: if you are unlocking that Darth Sidious soon, and Chewy is going to the bench, you might want to stop investing in that Chewy)

Training Droid rank/ Exp per droid/ credit used per droid
  • 1* | 30exp | 213
  • 2* | 150exp | 1065
  • 3* | 750exp | 5325
  • 4* | 1500exp | 10650
  • 5* | 3000exp | 21300
  • 6* | 6000exp | 42600

Cost per Exp = 7.1 credits

Level/ Exp required to go next level
  • 38: 2100
  • 39: 2400
  • 40: 2700
  • 41: 3000
  • 42: 3300 (Sudden spike in exp needed)
  • 43: 3700
  • 44: 4100
  • 45: 4600
  • 46: 5100
  • 47: 5700
  • 48: 6300 (1st exp spike ends)
  • 49: 6500
  • 50: 6700
  • 51: 7000
  • 52: 7300
  • 53: 7600
  • 54: 7900 (All hell breaks loose from here on)
  • 55: 9000
  • 56: 10000
  • 57: 11000
  • 58: 12000
  • 59: 13000 (92.3k credits just to get from 59 to 60)

Got a new character? Bronzium just blessed you with a 4* Old Ben or 4* Darth Maul you really want to bring to speed immediately as part of your main team? Here's what it will cost you:
puGL9Vf.png

Gear? Here's the last few kinds of gear you will see:
m4AmR1l.png
2 x 20 purple pieces to collect in 1 gear. (oh if you can see the background, that's a gear for Lumi, something you all need. Teehee!)

Ability mats? You almost forgot about that didn't you? Most characters can get level 5 and 6 abilities. Here's what you need:

Level 4 to 5 skill: 5x White, 5x Green, 4x Blue
lugCXqg.png
Level 5 to 6 skill: 8x White, 7x Green, 5x Blue
i6NksGa.png

Wow, the information is just overwhelming isn't it? Will you be able to do it? Survive? Catch up in arena? The answer is yes. Because I've been there and done it. With only a little more than $50 spent on the game since soft launch, 1 x dooku + 2 x chronium pack of 10, it was pack of 10, once upon a time. (price excluding the daily crystal subscription I've purchased twice now, daily sub packs only came after global launch, which was way past my lvl50-60 phase).

You can see what I have today here, it's 3 screenies, so for clutter sake, hyperlink instead.
imgur.com/a/2HAXj

Replies

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Great post!!! Such useful information thanks for taking the time to put it together. I'm level 56 Global Launch and I could not even imagine the patience you have to grind with only game given crystals. Much respect.

From another point of view I did spend couple hundred dollars focused 80% into mission energy. All 5 of my main PvP team are in the epic tier equiped with all non level restricted gear and all mats grinded already for the level 60 restricted. It indeed is not only 40 epic mats for some pieces I could easly drop 300+ energy and only get 15 pieces. The good thing is you stack extra parts so when you do unlock another toon you can zip him to epics very quickly.

So guess the point is if your willing to part with USD its very easy to gear up even easier to level. But your way is so much better there is not even a comparison. I was just impatient. I have more money than common sense.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Great post. Just hit 48 and have noticed this. I am very conservative about watching my credits and training droids and am doing pretty good thus far. Sitting on 1.3M credits after today's level-up and have hoarded all of my 4* and higher training droids, haven't used one yet.
    The real question I think many of us need to know is, given how little we know about end-game, and given that we can't really figure out synergies yet, whom should we invest in? Luminara I know about. Sideous seems like a decent choice, though to be honest, aside from his debuff I find him unimpressive so far. Beyond that? It gets murky. I started a thread on this if you experienced guys want to weigh in: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1235/so-what-are-the-farmable-characters-most-used-at-end-game
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • @WhipiT
    I felt the real hurt reaching lvl60, I suddenly had 6-7 characters I wanted to level from 59 to 60, so I can get level 6 skills and some gears capped at 60.

Each character required tons of droids and 100k creds each. I almost lost control and swiped that credit card. But I must say, we had it a little easier back then, the cred and droid events which cost 50 energy now, cost nothing back then, just limited to 2 tries each. One of the small perks of soft launch :smiley:
  • Thanks for the excellent post, very welcome and useful information.
  • Thanks for posting this, can't hurt to be prepared. Ok, actually just reading it hurt a little. I'm level 46 and drones are at a premium already.
    But hey, on the bright side: if we could all instantly fill our gear slots, we'd make it impossible for ourselves to finish the daily challenge that requires equipping a gear. Gonna keep some scrub character underleveled just for that.
  • Heh.... It would be nice to be able to stop leveling. Probably game breaking though. Having a blast in the 40s... If it gets to be too much that would suck. I bought the 5 dollar daily crystal pack and I'll probably do that again... And again... For as long as I play. Not sure I want to drop 50 bucks on a pack unless they come out with some super deal of credits and crystals.... Or start selling Yoda and plagueis... Or revan... Or make a viable all clone trooper pack with like Capt Rex.

All of that said I'm glad people spend money to keep the game going... I'm just hoping they all stay on a different server!

• Great way to break down costs and such for the new players. The real hurt starts at level 55.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Great post. Thanks. Problem for me is I have at least 14 toons I'm trying to keep relevant.. LOL
  • I'm glad I read this post. Quick question... should I delay moving into level 50 as long as possible? I wonder if it makes more sense to stay in sub 50 so I can keep farming arena tokens.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    nubsors wrote: »
    I'm glad I read this post. Quick question... should I delay moving into level 50 as long as possible? I wonder if it makes more sense to stay in sub 50 so I can keep farming arena tokens.

I was wondering this myself but would involve dropping dailies
  • J7000 wrote: »
    I'm glad I read this post. Quick question... should I delay moving into level 50 as long as possible? I wonder if it makes more sense to stay in sub 50 so I can keep farming arena tokens.

I was wondering this myself but would involve dropping dailies

Some of the dailies I would continue, like the ticket daily. Others I would drop. I would only drop doing dailies until I farmed the heroes I wanted most.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    I must be missing something. How would this help farm arena tokens?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for the specific info.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Thanks for the info. Definitely bookmarking that for later. Luckily I've been pretty stingy with my credits and training droids, so I'm level 49 with a million credits and over 1k each tier 1 and 2 training droids.
  • 1 million credits is only enough for 2 chars from 5* to 6* though. I am having trouble with having enough credits although I am getting a few hundred K from Galactic every day (12/12). 500K credits = 500-600 crystals. Meh, not going to do that anymore (bought twice or three times).
  • davida8546 wrote: »
    1 million credits is only enough for 2 chars from 5* to 6* though. I am having trouble with having enough credits although I am getting a few hundred K from Galactic every day (12/12). 500K credits = 500-600 crystals. Meh, not going to do that anymore (bought twice or three times).

Right. But I'll be gaining credits along the way. Lots of people my level have no credits and can't even keep their characters up at their level even now.
  • Really nice (and scary post!!). I just hit 53 and I'm trying to maintain a Light/Dark side roster and using those main 10 characters for Arena, Cantina, and Galactic War. It's been a real strain lately.

One question I have that I didn't see is promotion cost. I think my consular was 100K to go from 4* to 5*. What is it from 5* to 6* and 6* to 7*? That has to hurt too...

Also, would it worth the Training Droid event (just unlocked it) if you can spare the energy or is it better to just accumulate the training droids via gear grinding on missions?
  • After 100k it goes 250k, 500k, 1 million
  • Thanks for putting this together! Certainly using this as a reference as I'm ticking past the 50 mark and can feel the struggle brewing, eh
  • This is an awesome post and I'm actually in that phase of the game as I am currently Level 49. I've begun to really focus on who I upgrade and have left many of my second team characters off at Level 40-45 to dedicate my resources to upgrading new characters I want to eventually deploy and use.

I just got Old Daka, Boba Fett, Asajj Ventress and Luminara Unduli. As I level them up, I move one of my current primary characters to the sideline. I also acquired Savage Opress, but I'm not working on him just yet. I am sidelining Talia, Jawa, Chewbacca and Jedi Counselor due to the difficulty of acquiring shards. I earned Darth Sidious first and he's already upgraded to current and will remain as part of my main team, so it's a 4 for 4 swap.

The remainder of the characters not mentioned either come in Bronzium packs or have to be farmed one shard at a time and are unavailable in any of the Arena shipments, part of why I'm not focused on them but I'll build them slowly when possible looking long term...