Is Mace worth farming now that QGJ is in Cantina? *Mace buff in next patch!*

Cecton
234 posts Member
edited February 2016
I'm curious if Mace is as bad as everyone says he is. It seems he could be good in a Jedi team with QGJ. I have a headstart with random Mace shards I've gotten and have 14/80. I've got Kylo at 6* and about to get JC 5* and I'm wondering if I should get Finn or Mace etc. I'm not really interest in Geo Soldier no matter how good he is. I do have a 3* Plo Koon I could star up but I think even Mace is better.
Post edited by Cecton on

Replies

• Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've borrowed a 7 star maxed gear windu and he hits hard. But there are still better options other than windu in cantina.

Edit: with defense up, crit for over 6k.
  • Don't think Mace is worth farming atm but could be one for the future if they improve him.
  • Depends on what stage you are at really.

If you have geared and starred your key characters for gw n pvp

Its OK to gear up until before purple ( that investment is pretty steep for the off chance they buff him or meta change )
  • I think the true question is Mace worth farming for any reason at all other than filling his character box slot?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    If you already have a successful roster why not place a bet in Mace. It def would not surprise me if he was buffed.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    J7000 wrote: »
    If you already have a successful roster why not place a bet in Mace. It def would not surprise me if he was buffed.
    I agree. I see a buff coming, hopefully in the form of a taunt ability.

Edit: mace might make a decent leader since he gives offense up and + crit chance.
  • Maybe I should just keep working on JC or up Luke from 4* to 5*. Mace just sounds more fun.
  • What about Biggs? He is probably the easiest to star up toon in the game with a hard node, cantina node and GW shipments. Why doesn't anyone use him?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Mace best use is for taking away the taunts of chewie, poe and others
  • Depends if the developers are getting feedback from the forums. If they are then he would have to be near the tippy top of their list in regards to character balancing.

Poe will be nerfed it's just a matter of time. You would 'think' Mace is long overdue for a buff at this point.

Plenty of other characters in need of buffs too tbh.
  • Mace will be good.
    Cecton wrote: »
    Maybe I should just keep working on JC or up Luke from 4* to 5*. Mace just sounds more fun.

geez.
    JC is good all around.

Luke isn't good

If Mace sounds more fun, then do it.

It's not picking a topic to major in for the next 4 years. It's a game.
  • JC over Mace or Luke. His heals cool down real fast, him and Lumi clear GW every day. No Bariss and she sucks anyway :tongue:
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    JC over Mace or Luke. His heals cool down real fast, him and Lumi clear GW every day. No Bariss and she sucks anyway :tongue:

Bariss dont suck lol she just has the weakest heal in the game now that cry babies who didnt understand how her equalization worked got their way and got her neutered. She needs a buff yes but her equalization still has its uses.

As fir mace, yes, he is pretty much as bad as we all say but in starting to farm him again anyway. If any toon ever needed/deserved a buff its windu.

When a random pilot and a random geonosian are top picks an one of the greatest jedi ever is considered the worst toon in the game we have a serious serious issue that needs addressed lol
  • Abyss wrote: »
    JC over Mace or Luke. His heals cool down real fast, him and Lumi clear GW every day. No Bariss and she sucks anyway :tongue:

Bariss dont suck lol she just has the weakest heal in the game now that cry babies who didnt understand how her equalization worked got their way and got her neutered. She needs a buff yes but her equalization still has its uses.

As fir mace, yes, he is pretty much as bad as we all say but in starting to farm him again anyway. If any toon ever needed/deserved a buff its windu.

When a random pilot and a random geonosian are top picks an one of the greatest jedi ever is considered the worst toon in the game we have a serious serious issue that needs addressed lol

I agree Barriss is still very good and is my MVP in GW. She is also very good teamed up with a taunt like Poe to bring just him back to full health.
    I started farming Windu because I think he will have a place on a Jedi team with QGJ if not in arena then definetly GW. Also it seems to me that maybe his leader ability is underrated seeing that it would massively boost a Jedi teams offense. Jedi teams are just not in the meta right now because of all the Dookus and Sids running around. This could completely change with future updates. Imagine:

Mace
    Barriss
    Lumi
    QGJ
    JC/Ima/Anakin/Obiwan

• Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Apparently this guy on my server knows something we all don't:

bU8HAKX.png

7* Windu as leader #3 arena
  • Now I feel justified for farming mace! 64/80 so far!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Now I feel justified for farming mace! 64/80 so far!

I TOLD YOU SO!!! :p
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Now I feel justified for farming mace! 64/80 so far!

I TOLD YOU SO!!! :p

B)

giphy.gif

• J7000 wrote: »

Sage
    Roger roger
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    These Mace shards are killing me! I did the 400 refresh on Cantina today and wound up at 77/80 :s

I am getting a strictly 25% drop rate on Windu which seems significantly lower than the JC or Kylo that I have farmed. Those two averaged around 30-50%.