I hope i can 7* palp

Well long story short i dont have 5 7* rebels and the closest one is K2SO and since i couldnt complete the bonus tier and didnt feel like spending so much crystals to Max him out. Also this was before i knew the Emperors Demise event was coming. So i was 45 shards short of maxing him. So then i heard the event was coming back and K2SO was going in the shard shop. So i just went into Farm shop shard points and i have about 3800ish about 5k short as of 5 days left in the tourney and if my match is correct i am going to be short before the Emperors Demise goes away. So i have 2 questions

Is 7* that much better than 6*? And should i buy that lower rogue one pack for crystals to try and get the shards i need to 7* K2S0

Replies

• Radonis wrote: »
    Well long story short i dont have 5 7* rebels and the closest one is K2SO and since i couldnt complete the bonus tier and didnt feel like spending so much crystals to Max him out. Also this was before i knew the Emperors Demise event was coming. So i was 45 shards short of maxing him. So then i heard the event was coming back and K2SO was going in the shard shop. So i just went into Farm shop shard points and i have about 3800ish about 5k short as of 5 days left in the tourney and if my match is correct i am going to be short before the Emperors Demise goes away. So i have 2 questions

Is 7* that much better than 6*? And should i buy that lower rogue one pack for crystals to try and get the shards i need to 7* K2S0

It seems to me that even if you can get 5 7* rebels you're not far enough into the game to be able to gear them well enough to even do the final tier
  • I'm level 77 with gear 8-9 rebels and managed to 7* him
  • 7* Palp will have a bit more health and hit a little harder than a 6* Palp but I doubt it will make much difference. He's a glass cannon and will die just as easily at 7* as he does at 6*. Unless, of course, you protect him with an auto-taunter, such as Shoretrooper, but even then, he's not really top arena material anymore. Not unless he's paired with a zeta Vader.

When Palpatine first came out, he was arena-viable at 5* simply because not everyone had him and because he was strong against the meta at the time. Now, the meta has shifted and it's tougher to protect Palpatine long enough for him to do his thing. Add in the fact that the vast majority of older players will now have a 7* Emperor and you're left with an old man who's past his prime.

He still has niche uses. He's great for GW, is part of an amazing P3 Tank raid team and will undoubtedly be a huge asset to dark side battles. But he can do all that at 6* (unless your guild runs Heroic tanks).
  • I agree with above post. He is less of a bother to my arena team than Fives is. For the other parts of the game, 6* will serve very well.
  • lordson86 wrote: »
    I'm level 77 with gear 8-9 rebels and managed to 7* him

Yes but he doesn't have any 7* rebels so I'm assuming that he's low level and won't be able to gear them I'm time
  • UncleSheev wrote: »
    lordson86 wrote: »

Yes but he doesn't have any 7* rebels so I'm assuming that he's low level and won't be able to gear them I'm time

I am account level 81 and i do have a team to beat Palp with i am missing only one 7 star rebel to enter the event which is K2SO i am extactly 45 shards from 7* K2SO which if i buy all of the shards in the shard shop i can 7 * him but i feel i will run out of time before i get 9k shard shop currency. I feel i will be about 800 or 1k short from my pace cause i am getting like 800 to 100 a day and im still 5800 away from my goal. I just want to know if its worth it.

• If you have enough crystals to buy a pack or two, that could go a long way towards getting shards for the shard shop... Or buy as many refreshes as you can in cantina so you can, in turn buy shards of someone you already have maxed out, to ultimately convert them into shards...
  • Radonis wrote: »
    UncleSheev wrote: »
    lordson86 wrote: »

I am account level 81 and i do have a team to beat Palp with i am missing only one 7 star rebel to enter the event which is K2SO i am extactly 45 shards from 7* K2SO which if i buy all of the shards in the shard shop i can 7 * him but i feel i will run out of time before i get 9k shard shop currency. I feel i will be about 800 or 1k short from my pace cause i am getting like 800 to 100 a day and im still 5800 away from my goal. I just want to know if its worth it.

Ah now I understand

In any case Palatine is a really valuable toon for GW which I know some people struggle with and for an imperial team so you only need him 7* if you need help with either of those
  • 7* Palp will have a bit more health and hit a little harder than a 6* Palp but I doubt it will make much difference. He's a glass cannon and will die just as easily at 7* as he does at 6*. Unless, of course, you protect him with an auto-taunter, such as Shoretrooper, but even then, he's not really top arena material anymore. Not unless he's paired with a zeta Vader.

When Palpatine first came out, he was arena-viable at 5* simply because not everyone had him and because he was strong against the meta at the time. Now, the meta has shifted and it's tougher to protect Palpatine long enough for him to do his thing. Add in the fact that the vast majority of older players will now have a 7* Emperor and you're left with an old man who's past his prime.

He still has niche uses. He's great for GW, is part of an amazing P3 Tank raid team and will undoubtedly be a huge asset to dark side battles. But he can do all that at 6* (unless your guild runs Heroic tanks).

Palpatine is still arena viable. I use him as the leader for my empire team of EP, Vader, TFP, Shore and RG. With this team I can easily rank top 10 in my arena shard (late March shard), and today I beat the number 1 player in my shard (who seems to be there every day at payouts for months, and was also using EP lead) and got the number one rewards, all as a FTP player.

Palpatine by himself isn't too much isn't that much of a problem, but pair him up with Shoretrooper (even at 3* G8 like mine he is usable) and TFP and he becomes a huge threat for your enemies. Palpatine may not be in his absolute prime, but he is still meta and still arena viable.

But given that, the difference between a 6* and a 7* palp is very minimal, unless you are running heroic AAT. It's only a small amount of health and a little bit of damage, not enough to be noticeable. If you don't need him anytime soon for a heroic raid, it is perfectly fine to leave him at 6*, and he won't be any less viable (I used 5* palp for months to slowly climb from top 50-100 into top 10). Although we don't know when he will be back, chances are it will take months, so OP it is up to you to decide whether you need that 7* palp or not, although I would decide quickly.
  • I would definitely try to get him 7 star, this event won't be back for at least 6 months. Anyone telling you is not that big a deal prob already has him 7*. He's amazing. Although he can die easily you can mod him in a variety of different ways, not to mention there are toons available now that can protect him better. He's a key component to the Empire meta & an absolute beast in p3 of tank raid.
  • 5 star EP is still great and arena viable. The gearing is the main part. I wouldn't drop cash just to get more rebels that you most likely won't be using for arena later anyway. Even if you 7 Star EP, you won't have enough raid gear to get him past G9. Save your money, get 5 star EP for now and he'll still be great!