Game Update - 1/28/2016

Replies

• Not happy with the uneven amount tokens I have, other than that, it's the kind of move I expect from every company ever.

• Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.
    I can't express how infuriating this completely unnecessary and cheap move is.
    As we sit for weeks waiting for new content, you guys prioritize lame cash grabs. And nice timing, since you knew many of us were saving tokens in advance of the new release.
    Very nice.

Agree with this one. I haven't had the need to do refreshes in a while, since I'm still farming for Lumi and Phasma, so I basically spend my 1200 tokens daily. But shifting this to premium currency was yet another money grab move.

Why not shift the others to their respective currencies instead? (Cantina refreshes for 10 cantina tokens, and Arena refreshes for 10 pvp tokens).

Because then they wouldn't get as much money and we all know they choose profit over customer satisfaction

I agree it's ****, particularly as there are no off number purchases that can be made, but to be a customer, by definition, you have to spend money.
  • Hello all -

We've heard some players were upset that they didn't get a heads up on the recent bug fix to how the Galactic War Shipments are refreshed.

That change was to simply bring it in line with how the other Shipments work, as several players have noted. Some players, however, have convinced themselves there was some nefarious intent behind the change, specifically that it was to stop players from stockpiling the tokens.

That's not the case.

To hopefully alleviate these concerns, we're going to do the following:
    1. On Monday, February 1st, we will temporarily revert the change so the GW tokens may be again (incorrectly) used to refresh that Shipments screen.
    2. We will leave this change in for a week so people have plenty of time to spend their tokens as they see fit.
    3. The following Monday, February 8th, we will put the bug fix back in so this Shipments works as intended, and like all the other ones.
    Hopefully that alleviates some of the concerns.

Thanks.
  • Thanks @CG_JohnSalera ! Very reasonable.

"If one looks for enemies, you will not be disappointed."
  • padayaz
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hello all -

[*] On Monday, February 1st, we will temporarily revert the change so the GW tokens may be again (incorrectly) used to refresh that Shipments screen.
    [*] We will leave this change in for a week so people have plenty of time to spend their tokens as they see fit.
    [*] The following Monday, February 8th, we will put the bug fix back in so this Shipments works as intended, and like all the other ones.
    [/list]

Thanks.

Way to go on putting out the fire quickly. I'm happy.
  • CyberDrgn
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hello all -

We've heard some players were upset that they didn't get a heads up on the recent bug fix to how the Galactic War Shipments are refreshed.

That change was to simply bring it in line with how the other Shipments work, as several players have noted. Some players, however, have convinced themselves there was some nefarious intent behind the change, specifically that it was to stop players from stockpiling the tokens.

That's not the case.

1. On Monday, February 1st, we will temporarily revert the change so the GW tokens may be again (incorrectly) used to refresh that Shipments screen.
    2. We will leave this change in for a week so people have plenty of time to spend their tokens as they see fit.
    3. The following Monday, February 8th, we will put the bug fix back in so this Shipments works as intended, and like all the other ones.

Thanks.

The original post calls the other changes bug fixes and this an update. You are really saying that this was a bug that lasted all through development, soft launch, and the launch that is just now being 'fixed' to work as intended? Was the original post a lie saying update? I'm kind of shocked at how disingenuous this post is.
  • Does that mean there will be no new characters in the GW shipments until after 2/8?
  • Hello all -

That's not the case.

Thanks.

Please make this an announcement so everyone can see it.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    CyberDrgn wrote: »
    The original post calls the other changes bug fixes and this an update. You are really saying that this was a bug that lasted all through development, soft launch, and the launch that is just now being 'fixed' to work as intended? Was the original post a lie saying update? I'm kind of shocked at how disingenuous this post is.
    Yah I'm sorry John, I've bent over backwards to give you the benefit of the doubt before, and encouraged others to do the same. But this stretches beyond the limits of my credulity.
    This happened after the GW retreat change too. Another CG person posted very quickly after the change saying something to the extent of "we had people retreating and force closing so we made the change so everyone retreated/reset the same way". Then shortly thereafter the official story was "oh, we always intended retreat to work this way". Even though it had always worked the other way. (I doubt it's a coincidence that this other CG employee hasn't posted once here since that happened.)
    This story is even is even harder to buy. Every single player I know has known since launch that GW was different in this way. I'm sure soft-launchers could chime in on what it was like before, but I bet it was the same. CG has employees who play the game, and QA people they pay to test the game. There is no possible way that they only just discovered this now. Nor is it a coincidence that this "bug fix" comes a short time before a big update with new characters.
    That said, I appreciate the gesture of turning the old method back on for a week, so at least people aren't caught with their pants down. But this ability to save up tokens and spend them later was something special and valuable about GW, and there was no real need to change it. Turning the old method back on for a week before the update doesn't help me a whole lot, because I was saving my tokens not to get the new guys fast, but simply because nothing in there appeals to me. But I'm sure others will be glad about it, and at least you guys have responded to the feedback.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Hello all -

That's not the case.

Thanks.

CG_JohnSalera

I was not effected by this, but I understand the frustration by those that were. What you are doing Monday is an EXCELLENT sign of good faith and customer care. Some changes I've honestly shook my head on thinking it was a grab. You guys making this accommodation to rectify no notice for those who were stockpiling is a great show. Thank you. Great job.
  • I'm not sure if anyone saw this but I tried refreshing my shipments for GW a few times and when it hit 50 it tried to charge me Crystals. This was about 4 days ago but that's why I can believe that it was a bug, or at least they always intended to make it a premium currency refresh.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    CyberDrgn wrote: »
    Hello all -

That's not the case.

Thanks.

Yah I'm sorry John, I've bent over backwards to give you the benefit of the doubt before, and encouraged others to do the same. But this stretches beyond the limits of my credulity.
    This happened after the GW retreat change too. Another CG person posted very quickly after the change saying something to the extent of "we had people retreating and force closing so we made the change so everyone retreated/reset the same way". Then shortly thereafter the official story was "oh, we always intended retreat to work this way". Even though it had always worked the other way. (I doubt it's a coincidence that this other CG employee hasn't posted once here since that happened.)
    This story is even is even harder to buy. Every single player I know has known since launch that GW was different in this way. I'm sure soft-launchers could chime in on what it was like before, but I bet it was the same. CG has employees who play the game, and QA people they pay to test the game. There is no possible way that they only just discovered this now. Nor is it a coincidence that this "bug fix" comes a short time before a big update with new characters.
    That said, I appreciate the gesture of turning the old method back on for a week, so at least people aren't caught with their pants down. But this ability to save up tokens and spend them later was something special and valuable about GW, and there was no real need to change it. Turning the old method back on for a week before the update doesn't help me a whole lot, because I was saving my tokens not to get the new guys fast, but simply because nothing in there appeals to me. But I'm sure others will be glad about it, and at least you guys have responded to the feedback.
    If anything, the mistake was calling it an "update" in the patch notes, since it is actually a bug fix. I'm guessing it was just a communication mix up between the developers and the community managers.

If you tried to refresh GW shipments without 50 crystals in the bank it wouldn't let you, it's obvious that this was an actual bug, and not some nefarious plot.

Edit: Removed nested quote
  • Thank jhon salera
  • Qeltar wrote: »

I agree with the main point here. It does not pass the smell test that this was a bug that is now being fixed. It seems to be a designed change. I was not impacted by this so I don't care very much, but I don't like the communication both here and in the GW retreat update. Both times seem disingenuous
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I never accused anyone of a "nefarious plot". I called it a cash grab, they are very common in mobile games. There's nothing nefarious. Just greedy.
    If the goal was just to slow down people so they didn't spend tons of tokens at once, they could have done that in other ways.
    Having GW be different from other modes was a good thing, because you can get tokens there faster than other modes. The refresh costs for the other modes suck, and now GW's refresh cost also sucks. Yay progress.
    And even if this was a bug fix, it doesn't say much for their prioritization on bug fixing. This "bug" was not harming anyone.. except maybe their accountants.
  • @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera What about First Order Tie Pilot? I mean I'm really glad that problematic Ugnot is fixed but..
  • Ea is making me never want to buy their games again. They update constantly making games that are good worse and put out games that should be good from the start that suck.(battlefront!!) not only have they ruined galactic wars with there retreat update but now they've changed the refresh currency to reflect there constant grab at more money. They show time and time again that the best players are the ones who are willing to pay the most for what amounts to highway robbery. If you read this Capitol Ea please just STOP already. If there is a bug patch it but otherwise stay the hell outta the gameplay. You are ruining the experience and making it much harder for people who don't want to spend 99.99 every other week to enjoy the game. I'm beyond disappointed
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I never accused anyone of a "nefarious plot". I called it a cash grab, they are very common in mobile games. There's nothing nefarious. Just greedy.
    If the goal was just to slow down people so they didn't spend tons of tokens at once, they could have done that in other ways.
    Having GW be different from other modes was a good thing, because you can get tokens there faster than other modes. The refresh costs for the other modes suck, and now GW's refresh cost also sucks. Yay progress.
    And even if this was a bug fix, it doesn't say much for their prioritization on bug fixing. This "bug" was not harming anyone.. except maybe their accountants.
    The term "nefarious intent" was pulled directly from the official CG response and was not necessarily directed at you, although, to be honest, "greedy cash grab" isn't that much more flattering.

GW is still the fastest shipment to farm, and the bug fix didn't change anything in that regard. You still receive 3 shipments per day, unrivaled by anything except the very top of arena.

And finally, how on earth do we know anything about how they prioritize bug fixes? They pushed out several fixes in this update, and I am guessing that they roll them out as they are found and patched.

Edit: Spelling
  • @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse

Teams at CG and EA, I think it would have been fair to let us know the currency in GW was going to change at least one weak ahead. Those saving currency to see hiw chars scale at level 70 get to be punished retroactively and that is not fair, not how you want to treat players, not how tou want us to regard EA and CG and not the proper way monetize by damaging those playing strategically longer term.

I request you to allow 5 days to use the old refresh, and then switch to Premium currency. That would be fair, and you'd have your change in an honest transparent way showing care when changing how the game operates.

Thanks
  • @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse

Teams at CG and EA, I think it would have been fair to let us know the currency in GW was going to change at least one weak ahead. Those saving currency to see hiw chars scale at level 70 get to be punished retroactively and that is not fair, not how you want to treat players, not how tou want us to regard EA and CG and not the proper way monetize by damaging those playing strategically longer term.

I request you to allow 5 days to use the old refresh, and then switch to Premium currency. That would be fair, and you'd have your change in an honest transparent way showing care when changing how the game operates.

Thanks

They are doing exactly this, the official CG response can be found earlier in this thread. You have seven days, starting Monday, to use the old refresh system.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Anubis wrote: »
    The term "nefarious intent" was pulled directly from the official CG response and was not necessarily directed at you, although, to be honest, "greedy cash grab" isn't that much more flattering.
    It wasn't meant to be. This game is raking in money hand over fist, while bug fixes are slow, content additions are slower, but negative changes seem to come every week.
    I work in this field. The pace of bug fixes in this game is glacial.
    We were also promised weeks ago someone dedicated to character balance issues and bug fixes. It never materialized.
    GW is still the fastest shipment to farm, and the bug fix didn't change anything in that regard.
    Has nothing to do with how fast it is to get tokens, and everything to do with ruining the unique mechanism in GW that allowed people to wait to spend tokens when something they like is added to the shipments without having to waste crystals.
    And finally, how on earth do we know anything about how they prioritize bug fixes?

The fact that literally dozens of bugs, some of which have a major impact on gameplay, have been sitting unfixed for weeks or months, while they tinker with things like this. It shows what they really care about.
  • This guy should get into politics. .what a blatant spin job.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016

GW is still the fastest shipment to farm, and the bug fix didn't change anything in that regard. You still receive 3 shipments per day, unrivaled by anything except the very top of arena.

And finally, how on earth do we know anything about how they prioritize bug fixes? They pushed out several fixes in this update, and I am guessing that they roll them out as they are found and patched.

Edit: Spelling

There are actually a ton of major bugs right now that they are aware of, and aren't patched. They also acknowledged that they fixed at least 1 of the major bugs.. but won't release it until their next big content patch. I do understand that some bugs are way harder to fix than others.

With regards to prioritizing, if "When Ugnaught uses an ability to stun a character it will now properly show the stun icon." was high on their list, then we're done for.
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @CG_JohnSalera

You need to stop treating us like we are dumb. You tell us all the time about how you all play the game all the time. You tell us you never lie to us.

Now you tell us this was a bug the whole time, which would imply that while you guys are constantly playing the game none of you ever noticed it until just now. That isn't believable in the least. You are lying to us right now, which means everything else you have ever said is now questionable.

I appreciate letting us spend our tokens, but at most this is going to help me get rid off the odd number of tokens I have. I am in the same boat as @Qeltar . The is nothing available that I want and you guys won't give us any guidance on what characters you are going to change in the upcoming update or how the shard exchange will work, so I don't even know who is worth getting.

After the nonsense you guys have pulled over and over in these updates I did some research on capital games. What I found is not flattering. I am disappointed that I ever defended you guys.

• I'm actually against that change, now my OCD is going to kill me, since I can't refresh any more and now I'm stuck with an odd number...

SAME!!
  • Not happy about the refresh cost change either. I'm already using all my crystals every day to refresh energy so I can stay relevant (lvl 66 currently). Do you expect me to buy your stupid crystals every day? Do you really think thats sustainable? Get real EA. I've already spent $10 on this game, plus you're making money off of your blasted pop-up ad. The difficulty increase in GW was not a welcome change either. What are you guys thinking? You should be adding thinks t make people WANT to play this game, not push them away. Really lame, guys.
  • The gameplay has hardly changed. The game is designed to be a grind for everyone except for the people who pay premium money. I have been playing for free for about a month and have several characters. I couldn't say the same for many other free games. I understand the greasy wheel gets the oil, but the constant irritating whining is unbelievable. If you don't like it quit. The game developers have done a fine job of trying to respond to bug fixes and are on here taking a massive amount of criticism for that is essentially free. If it doesn't cost money they don't have a job. You the economy and all that. Outside of the fact that I bought Poe Dameron shards in squad cantina shipments and didn't receive them I can't really complain, and even then they still threw everyone a bone and gave them some 200 crystals. So anyways EA if you could give me those 5 Poe shards that would be cool, but you're doing a fine job. Keep your head up and ignore the naysayers. Clearly mommy didn't give them enough hugs growing up. <3
  • PinkEye wrote: »
    The gameplay has hardly changed. The game is designed to be a grind for everyone except for the people who pay premium money. I have been playing for free for about a month and have several characters. I couldn't say the same for many other free games. I understand the greasy wheel gets the oil, but the constant irritating whining is unbelievable. If you don't like it quit. The game developers have done a fine job of trying to respond to bug fixes and are on here taking a massive amount of criticism for that is essentially free. If it doesn't cost money they don't have a job. You the economy and all that. Outside of the fact that I bought Poe Dameron shards in squad cantina shipments and didn't receive them I can't really complain, and even then they still threw everyone a bone and gave them some 200 crystals. So anyways EA if you could give me those 5 Poe shards that would be cool, but you're doing a fine job. Keep your head up and ignore the naysayers. Clearly mommy didn't give them enough hugs growing up. <3

Why would you oil a greasy wheel?
  • Anubis wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse

Thanks

They are doing exactly this, the official CG response can be found earlier in this thread. You have seven days, starting Monday, to use the old refresh system.

Missed it but then happy as this is now the correct way. I was writting based on actually having used 100 Crystals today to refresh...couldn't find the clarification yet but thanks then.

• The first couple of rounds that award GW gems, it shows after the battle that I am to earn 200, but once touching continue, I only receive 100
This discussion has been closed.