Character Strategy- (UPDATED!) Boba Fett

Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited January 2017
Boba Fett
Ruthless Bounty Hunter Attacker who ignores Taunts, Ability Blocks and self-revives.
Unlocks at 4 Stars
Available from: Cantina Battle Shipments, 3 Hard Nodes, and data cards in the store.
Abilities
BASIC Attack – EE-3 Carbine:

Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 35-50% chance (Based on Ability Level) (doubled against Scoundrels) to attack again. Each attack has a 40-70% chance to inflict Damage Over Time for 2 turns. (Based on Ability Level)
SPECIAL Attacks
  • Death From Above - Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 50-80% chance (Based on Ability Level) to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn and a 50% chance to inflict Damage Over Time for 2 turns. Inflict Ability Block on the selected target for 2 turns. (Cooldown 4)
  • Execute- Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all status effects on them. Deal 10-40% more damage for each effect dispelled. Enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived. (Cooldown 4-3) (Based on Ability Level)
Leader Ability – Dead or Alive
  • All allies gain 10-50% (Based on Ability Level) Critical Damage and 10% Critical Chance. Bounty Hunter allies gain 15 Speed for each debuffed enemy. Bounty Hunter allies gain 10% Turn Meter whenever a Thermal Detonator explodes.
  • Unique Ability – Bounty Hunter's Resolve
  • At the start of battle, and whenever he defeats an enemy, Boba Fett gains Bounty Hunter's Resolve until he is defeated.
  • Bounty Hunter's Resolve: Ignore Taunts. When defeated, revive at 20-100% Health. (Based on Ability Level) This buff cannot be dispelled.
Boba Fett Changes
    Based on player feedback, Boba Fett has been updated! Let’s run through some of these changes:
  1. 1. Boba Fett is now categorized as an attacker.
  • a. He now shoots his often requested weapon: The EE-3 Carbine Rifle
2. His unique grants him a new buff: “Mandalorian Resolve” which allows him to revive upon defeat with up to 100% Health! (Based on Ability Level) He will regain this buff each time he defeats an enemy.
  • a. His revive is no longer RNG dependent and will be instead based on if he has the buff or not.
3. Execute now dispels all status effects on the target (both buffs and debuffs) allowing the attack to deal increasing damage per effect dispelled and preventing the target from reviving if killed by the attack.
4. He introduces the Bounty Hunter tag, which is shared by Boba Fett, Cad Bane, Dengar, Embo, Greedo, IG-88 and Zam Wesell and his leadership skill interacts with these characters.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Great job guys you turned an almost useless character in to a complete beast keep up the good work. I'm loving the new boba. Now make zam wessel farmable in galactic war so we can make a bounty hunter squad. Finally please consider buffing greedo or cad bane as they are the weak links in a bounty hunter team.
  • Really? Leader skill got nerfed, but Executes seems strengthened.
    since when it's effective? I just checked my Boba, discriptions of the skills are not changed.
  • The new Boba is amazing! And yes, I agree that making Zam Wessel farmable in the Galactic War would be great. She is extremely hard to obtain

• @CG_Kozispoon please clarify, is it a formal rework notice or not?

Leader skill +15 spd -> +5 spd, +15% TM -> +10% TM; + max health by half of potency removed.
    Execute: 30% more damage for buff/debuff -> 40%
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    johnne wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon please clarify, is it a formal rework notice or not?

Leader skill +15 spd -> +5 spd, +15% TM -> +10% TM; + max health by half of potency removed.

I'm gonna be upset if they nerf him after the rework to what's listed when there are toons that are worse that have been causing havoc

And his zeta ability seems to be missing from list and they changed it to 20-100% health on revive.

This post needs to be heavily clarified
  • johnne wrote: »

I'm hoping it's just a mistake but these aren't heavy nerfs any ways.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    johnne wrote: »

That's based on ability level. He's just listing the range from the level 1 abilities to the maxed abilities.
  • Embo? When is Embo coming?
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn

Good catch!!! Embo must be coming soon

Yeah I saw that too!!!! Give us details as I've been asking for him!!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hrk- seems a I missed a 1 in this write up. That would be 15 speed, NOT 5!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • I am truly glad for the new Boba Fett. Long live Mandalore!
  • For me personally, I understand how people like Fett, I feel he is overpowered (just my personal opinion). He at equal star and level to say Vader or Sidious or most characters for that matter, just dominates them in every aspect, damage, attacks, comes back to life, then kills a character and can come back to life again. Cool, none the less, Just don't understand how a character like Fett can be more powerful than Vader, Sidious or main Jedi. Rey is another character for me, that is just unreal in the power department compared to other characters that should be more powerful than her. I am relatively new to the game tho, so perhaps I am not playing correct strategy when facing them.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Constant toons' rework made some characters OP. And that's for sure that a single blaster or a stick cannot be better than a Jedi using the force and a laser saber that can be used to counter blasters hit.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Constant toons' rework made some characters OP. And that's for sure that a single blaster or a stick cannot be better than a Jedi using the force and a laser saber that can be used to counter blasters hit.

Lol
    The VAST majority of Jedi were taken out with blasters. Just sayin.
  • Imbicatus wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    The VAST majority of Jedi were taken out with blasters. Just sayin.

But by several clones. Therefore the single blaster since they train to do that. :wink:
  • Is a Bounty Hunter Squad feasible in Arena with Boba as lead?

Yes. I am currently working on one and can stay in the top 50 of my arena shard and can get close to tracking top 20. Boba(L), IG-88, Dengar, Han Solo, Shoretrooper. Almost done farming Greedo to 7* and Zam is still a ways off. Cad Bane apparently doesn't merit being included. And if you want to see a bounty hunter led team that kicks butt, look on YouTube for RJ Brando or Brando on swgoh.gg. He holds the number 1 spot in his arena with Boba(L), IG-88, Greedo, Zam, B-2. He also rotates Dengar and Shoretrooper in for some cases.

Yes. I am currently working on one and can stay in the top 50 of my arena shard and can get close to tracking top 20. Boba(L), IG-88, Dengar, Han Solo, Shoretrooper. Almost done farming Greedo to 7* and Zam is still a ways off. Cad Bane apparently doesn't merit being included. And if you want to see a bounty hunter led team that kicks butt, look on YouTube for RJ Brando or Brando on swgoh.gg. He holds the number 1 spot in his arena with Boba(L), IG-88, Greedo, Zam, B-2. He also rotates Dengar and Shoretrooper in for some cases.

Really an interesting team to see this Brando. Number one with Greedo and Zam, it changes for usual metas. His Dengar has 98% of Potency.
    Constant toons' rework made some characters OP.

Funnily enough it's the toons that quickly appear in expensive data packs...

Imo I don't see why Boba is so op in game. In the films he tracks Han to Cloud City and...that's about it. It's just the developers catering to (and cashing in on) the massive following Boba Fett has amongst Star Wars fans.

At least the reworking of him makes a scoundrel team viable now
  • CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Constant toons' rework made some characters OP.

Funnily enough it's the toons that quickly appear in expensive data packs...

Imo I don't see why Boba is so op in game. In the films he tracks Han to Cloud City and...that's about it. It's just the developers catering to (and cashing in on) the massive following Boba Fett has amongst Star Wars fans.

At least the reworking of him makes a scoundrel team viable now

Cashing in? He's free to play and not that hard of a farm.
  • He does show up now in fleet shipments as well, fast farm and very strong support in a lot of different squads
  • This boba rework really helps f2p take on the p2w meta. It's not guaranteed you'll win but it helps

Yes sir. I'm in top 10 with Boba, Cad Bane, Dengar, 88, and Greedo

Yes sir. I'm in top 10 with Boba, Cad Bane, Dengar, 88, and Greedo

Must have good speed mods since you have no tank.
  • Another thread has info that Boba leader bounty hunter hp bonus is a flat bonus based on Boba's max hp only, so that helps out guys like ig88 who have a lower base hp than Boba
  • Greedo is actually useful with him?
  • Boba is easy to get, and gives the regular joe something to fight HoT's and DoT's terror. Even if you don't default use him, he's easy to get to a decent range and will answer many a problem.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
This discussion has been closed.