I don't do tournaments, and I will tell you why

Prev1
No matter how many ally points you save up. There will always be someone with more. Even if you have a ton of ally points, you will get to a part where you have no chance at any of the remaining teams. There is a bug/exploit that is allowing mediocre teams to do extremely well in ranks. The way I look at it is the tournaments are either amazing for some players or horrendous to others. Mostly everything that comes out of tournaments can be game changers. I do not believe it is fair for most of us (who are very dedicated to this game), to have no chance in these tournaments no matter how long you prepare. Let the hate begin and Happy New Year!

Replies

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    So you give up and let the cheaters win? I was first and ended up 2nd on the Baze tourney due to a cheater, but I didn't let it get me down. I have my 7* Baze now, but I farmed the remaining shards. It sucks, but life goes on.

Listen, there are game hacks that are used constantly by cheaters of any game. The best we can all do is report them to CG_LucifersDaddy via PM here on the forums. He does investigate them. Sometimes it takes time, but just be patient and follow up with him after a few days or more.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • NicolasRage
    1038 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Don't play tournaments for character shards or you will be let down. Just place high enough to get 1 mil credits, 3 omegas and raid gear. Totally worth it.
  • So you give us and let the cheaters win? Listen, there are game hacks that are used constantly by cheaters of any game. The best we can all do is report them to CG_LucifersDaddy via PM here on the forums. He does investigate them. Sometimes it takes time, but just be patient and follow up with him after a few days or more.

I understand, I am hoping something is done about the cheaters. I do realize that sometimes things like that happen but it is unfair to a lot of players. Could you imagine being the player that barely missed unlocking a character just because of an exploit?
  • I can't stand the tournaments. They're an awful way to introduce new heroes, and it seems to be the go to for CG now.

*They have incredibly varying brackets. Some have ridiculously easy brackets, and others insanely hard ones.
    *The prize ranks are incredibly unfair. Most people who participate don't get any shards towards the heroes at all. Only a very small percentage of players get a worthwhile amount.
    *They are incredibly time consuming. Players have to sit on their phones and play virtually all day during the tourney in order to keep up. Most players don't have that kind of free time for a sorry mobile game.
    *Despite what people say, tournaments are designed for high end whales. Players who have incredibly large rosters and spend so much on refreshes that they have insane amounts of ally points. That, and cheaters.

Tournaments are terrible, in every way. I wish they'd just stop this garbage and release heroes for everyone to farm, or drop them in chromium packs with increased drop rates like they used too, or aurodium packs.
  • Don't play tournaments for character shards or you will be let down. Just place high enough to get 1 mil credits, 3 omegas and raid gear. Totally worth it.

Exactly. For me a tournament is like a mini credit Heist. I don't even bother spending ally points. There is no point in that.
  • M9silent wrote: »
    I can't stand the tournaments. They're an awful way to introduce new heroes, and it seems to be the go to for CG now.

*They have incredibly varying brackets. Some have ridiculously easy brackets, and others insanely hard ones.
    *The prize ranks are incredibly unfair. Most people who participate don't get any shards towards the heroes at all. Only a very small percentage of players get a worthwhile amount.
    *They are incredibly time consuming. Players have to sit on their phones and play virtually all day during the tourney in order to keep up. Most players don't have that kind of free time for a sorry mobile game.
    *Despite what people say, tournaments are designed for high end whales. Players who have incredibly large rosters and spend so much on refreshes that they have insane amounts of ally points. That, and cheaters.

Tournaments are terrible, in every way. I wish they'd just stop this garbage and release heroes for everyone to farm, or drop them in chromium packs with increased drop rates like they used too, or aurodium packs.

• Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    Don't play tournaments for character shards or you will be let down. Just place high enough to get 1 mil credits, 3 omegas and raid gear. Totally worth it.

Bingo, I come for the free Punch and Pie. I never expect to get voted Prom King.
  • Wrathe wrote: »

Bingo, I come for the free Punch and Pie. I never expect to get voted Prom King.

Haha never have expectations in something you ultimately have little control over. The most you can do is everything you have and then play the waiting game.
  • Wrathe wrote: »

Same.

The idea of trying to actually win is just silly to me. You could spend 10 hours a day attacking and spend all of your ally points and you still wont break into the top 50.

• And frankly my dear, the overwhelming majority of us don't give a da**.
  • Needless to say, more and more exploiters are filling up the tourneys in top 10. I was checking the top 10 and you can easily spot who are the hackers. 6 out of top 10 are hackers. Pathetic tourney it has become.
  • Tactyou wrote: »
    Needless to say, more and more exploiters are filling up the tourneys in top 10. I was checking the top 10 and you can easily spot who are the hackers. 6 out of top 10 are hackers. Pathetic tourney it has become.
    Report them ASAP, so you can give CG a chance to do something about it before the tournament is over.
  • Put enough walls in front of people and they will look for a way around.

Making the new characters so overpowered and making them so only a handful of players get them as well as changing the character on offer every tournament makes some people feel they have no choice but to cheat.

The only way the tournament format could work is if we were still just entering to earn shore trooper shards, even then it may not work.

• kaze0718
    49 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    M9silent wrote: »
    I can't stand the tournaments. They're an awful way to introduce new heroes, and it seems to be the go to for CG now.

I totally agree with this one. at least in some points. I play tournaments as long as I have fun, I never aim for anything particularly, but its a good way to test certain squads without risking progress in arena or gw. Kudos for that
    BUT
    Putting brand new chars in that and therefore allowing cheaters to have them even before whales is pretty much like CG / EA is fighting agianst their own success. Chromiums wasnt a very good way either with waay too much randomness in opening them (I, for one, however liked aurodiums in this regard), but putting them up for grabs for cheaters (and they will never ever cease to exist no matter how hard they try) is just sheer stupidity.
  • Don't play tournaments for character shards or you will be let down. Just place high enough to get 1 mil credits, 3 omegas and raid gear. Totally worth it.

• Mef1428 wrote: »
    Tactyou wrote: »
    Needless to say, more and more exploiters are filling up the tourneys in top 10. I was checking the top 10 and you can easily spot who are the hackers. 6 out of top 10 are hackers. Pathetic tourney it has become.
    Report them ASAP, so you can give CG a chance to do something about it before the tournament is over.

They clearly haven't and don't take measures since the # of people cheating each tournament rises. "Can't beat em, join em" mentality. It's disappointing
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Mef1428 wrote: »
    Tactyou wrote: »

They clearly haven't and don't take measures since the # of people cheating each tournament rises. "Can't beat em, join em" mentality. It's disappointing

Sadly, I agree with this. The number of cheaters/hackers in tournaments seems to have increased - not decreased. Whatever measures have been taken to attempt to ensure integrity have clearly not worked.

Whatever sanctions have been taken against cheaters, clearly have not worked as a deterrent either.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • people here constantly complain about tons of cheaters in the tournaments. you d need to explain to me how it works lol i don t believe it exists until yoy tell me how they do
  • 22free22 wrote: »
    people here constantly complain about tons of cheaters in the tournaments. you d need to explain to me how it works lol i don t believe it exists until yoy tell me how they do

I personally have no idea how it works but pretty much players with very weak squads are coming in the top 10.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Wrathe wrote: »

Honestly the most stress-free approach to these. How I've done the last 4 tournaments and I've lost no sleep over it. Maybe when I bank 1 mil ally points I'll make a run for top 100. Lol
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    22free22 wrote: »
    people here constantly complain about tons of cheaters in the tournaments. you d need to explain to me how it works lol i don t believe it exists until yoy tell me how they do

I think doing that is against the ToS, and typically talking about that stuff gets threads closed
  • Skilz
    45 posts Member
    Tournaments are a complete waste of time. Please remove them from this game
  • Paxus
    60 posts Member
    Rather than tell you how they do it, I will explain how they must be cheating, but not how they are accomplishing it.

In order to score points you have to kill enemies and/or have survivors. In the top ranks, top teams have 5 gear 11 characters on defense. The cheaters have mostly characters in the G9 level. They also have very few Max level and 7* characters. The chances of them even killing an enemy character are extremely low, if not impossible.

So there is literally no way for them to realistically achieve high point totals in a short amount of time even with over a year of AP saved up.

As for sanctions, maybe they are being sanctioned but why would they care? They are running junk accounts and cheating with them.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Just checked the top ten of my tournament arena. The person in 3rd has 4514 points, but only has 5 characters with a higher level than 80. He only has 11 toons with 7*.
    This joker needs his account deleted, but more than that it proves these tournaments are broken
    Post edited by Yesac on
  • Not trying to pick holes but could someone explain this to me (bearing in mind I know there are cheaters around, as with any game):

1) Isn't the most important thing in these tournaments AP? I mean, won't the players with the highest stockpiles generally place the highest (i.e a weak roster winning 50% of 100 matches will place higher than a strong roster winning 100% of 10 matches)

2) Are your matches based on your own rank? I can't tell because I never placed higher than 500 - 1000 and I see a huge mixture of team power in this range. In which case yeah, I can't see how some of the top positions on my shard are placing so high with such weak rosters

I've never really pushed hard in the tournaments as I still have plenty of characters to grind so I find the bronzium packs more useful even with the low and random drops (well, not that random as I seem to keep getting Talia, IG-86 and Mace Windu)
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yesac wrote: »
    Just checked the top ten of my tournament arena. Someone named xshadox has 4514 points, but only has 5 characters with a higher level than 80. He only has 11 toons with 7*.
    This joker needs his account deleted, but more than that it proves these tournaments are broken

Have you reported him?! You need screenshots and his player info. Anything you can get. Then send a PM to CG_LucifersDaddy stat.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Yesac wrote: »
    Just checked the top ten of my tournament arena. Someone named xshadox has 4514 points, but only has 5 characters with a higher level than 80. He only has 11 toons with 7*.

Have you reported him?! You need screenshots and his player info. Anything you can get. Then send a PM to CG_LucifersDaddy stat.

How does this reporting and investigation even work effectively? The suspect player could easily change guild and change nick (cost a little bit of crystals). And poof.. No more.

I've not heard a response from devs fixing any of this (not even an acknowledgement of such issues) and until then.. Releasing new characters/ships through Tournaments are broken.
  • Unimatrix wrote: »

How does this reporting and investigation even work effectively? The suspect player could easily change guild and change nick (cost a little bit of crystals). And poof.. No more.

I've not heard a response from devs fixing any of this (not even an acknowledgement of such issues) and until then.. Releasing new characters/ships through Tournaments are broken.

You take a screenshot of his player overview. Trust me, they can easily find a player by name, and all his stats on the right.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Paxus
    60 posts Member
    The frustrating thing is, they won't remove him
    Before the tourney ends. So he (and others) bottleneck valuable reward slots while the rest of the tourney bracket gets no just compensation.

It's a major issue that the devs are falling flat on their faces about.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Unimatrix wrote: »

You take a screenshot of his player overview. Trust me, they can easily find a player by name, and all his stats on the right.

By the time the one dude working there that looks into these matters as a side responsibility the tournament will be over.
This discussion has been closed.