Meta Counter

Prev1
I was wondering what everyone's input is on beating the new empire meta. The top 10 on my shard are all using palp and TFP. I am sticking in the top 10 with a Boba lead and was wondering what would be the best f2p counter to this new meta.

Replies

• I was wondering what everyone's input is on beating the new empire meta. The top 10 on my shard are all using palp and TFP. I am sticking in the top 10 with a Boba lead and was wondering what would be the best f2p counter to this new meta.

New empire meta lol?

Empire is part of the meta but not the meta itself.

Rebels would still hold the crown of meta
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I was wondering what everyone's input is on beating the new empire meta. The top 10 on my shard are all using palp and TFP. I am sticking in the top 10 with a Boba lead and was wondering what would be the best f2p counter to this new meta.

New empire meta lol?

In my shard, rebels are starting to become less of value. I am asking for a counter to the EP, Vader, TFP, and SHT nonsense.

New empire meta lol?

In my shard, rebels are starting to become less of value. I am asking for a counter to the EP, Vader, TFP, and SHT nonsense.

Rebels are still king of you have chaze combo, if you don't have chaze then yes empire is next best bet but as for counters a simple search in the search bar will throw back tons of results
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

New empire meta lol?

Rebels are still king of you have chaze combo, if you don't have chaze then yes empire is next best bet but as for counters a simple search in the search bar will throw back tons of results

Chaze is a meta on any team. Empire meta is definitely currently better than rebel. Imo
  • Yoda +4
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

New empire meta lol?

Chaze is a meta on any team. Empire meta is definitely currently better than rebel. Imo

Totally disagree because same could be said for TFP and shore which are some of the biggest back bones to empire.

Chaze can fit in any team but provide the most benefits to rebels

Shore and TFP can fit in nearly any team but provide most benefits to empire.

Empire has no where the support, variety, or synergy that rebels do bar none
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I have not seen a new Empire Meta. Although I do run Empire myself and finish anywhere from 1-10. There are roughly 4 Empire teams in the top 20 in my shard. Right now I see a meta that has been in a state of flux for a few weeks now. A good combination of teams are out there right now except droids. They have fallen off my shard. I'm also assuming my shard only has a few whales as I only see a few Chaze teams.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I have not seen a new Empire Meta. Although I do run Empire myselfand finish 1-10. There are roughly 4 Empire teams in the top 20 in my shard. Right now I see a meta that has been in a state of flux for a few weeks now. A good combination of teams are out there right now except droids. They have fallen off my shard. I'm also assuming my shard only has a few whales as I only see a few Chaze teams.

Pretty much this.

If you do have chaze teams in your shard expect them to be in the top 5 because well they are just marginally better than 95% of toons out there.

But there is a good combination of teams due to zeta being introduced.

Unfortunately my server makes me want to bash my head because there is someone running zeta qgj, with kenobi, zeta barris and chaze
  • Until we figure out the zeta issue there is no meta...or rather, untill everyone zetas everything this zeta experiment/experience will not yield conclusive results...
  • Would a Bounty Hunter squad beat an Empire squad?
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Your not going to go before TFP. But you can ability block or tenacity up if your faster than their Boba.
  • I was wondering what everyone's input is on beating the new empire meta. The top 10 on my shard are all using palp and TFP. I am sticking in the top 10 with a Boba lead and was wondering what would be the best f2p counter to this new meta.

Several things you can do but really depends on what you have. My board the prevailing comp is empire mix teams. B2 tie and palp together can wreak havoc.

You can go Jedi if you have the toons and mods.
    Qgj , yoda (260s+) ani, aayla (kenobi) or other cleanser or dispel. Team needs to be lightning fast.

Lots of things can counter it with the right mods. Post up what you are working with or pm
  • Barisssssssssssss
  • A Rex team with his tenacity injection
  • If you want to beat empire teams like this you need two things:
    1. A negative status effect dispeller to get rid of all those nasty debuffs, and prevent new ones from coming. Rex is easily the best choice here, and as an empire user myself this is the character I hate most. He will take away all those debuffs on your team and new ones won't appear, basiclly screwing over empires synergy for 3 turns. Act fast though, as the few times I have seen an enemy with Rex tenacity up, it didn't feel like it lasted long due to high enemy speed, so turns happened quickly and it wore off, and I still won. Also watch out for enemy b2, he will dispel ur tenacity up and you will be right back to square one, so if he is there, you can't let him get his Aoe out. I would avoid using Rex as your leadership however, as empire will not be criting on you anywhere near as much as wiggs and droids, so the benefits will be minimal.

2. A character who can dispell enemy buffs. You might be a bit surprised by this one, but it is needed. The reason for that is you need to get rid of shores taunt so you can focus EP and TFP. You can't just wait it out, because Shore will use regroup and even your Aoe won't be able to kill other enemies for a bit. B2 would be best for this, because not only will he dispell shores taunt, he will likely also inflict buff immunity, so Shore won't get a taunt from regroup. RG likely won't be able to taunt also. Even if you get bad RNG, b2 gets so many turns it'll be back around before you know it. Sun fac could also work for this category, as he could get rid of it with his basic/ counterattack. I would not recommend using QGJ for this purpose, because he might be able to get rid of the initial taunt, but the regroup taunt will screw you over, and he won't be able to get rid of it before most of your team is gone.

Use Rex and b2 on your team (both are FTP), and use them to stop the things crucial to empires success. Then focus down their EP and TFP, and you pretty much win. Either one of EP and TFP can pull a big comeback and make you lose, they have done it for me multiple times (the other was dead), so they both need to be eliminated. Do these things, and empire will fall quickly. You might have problems if you try to fight a rebel team with this though...

That's how I would beat empire teams, based on my experience as an empire player. These are the two toons I hate to see in enemy teams, because I know they can screw me over. Thankfully no one in my top 10 arena uses them, instead they all use rebels and seem to automatically expect to win (except for number one, who also uses empire toons and even I can't reliably beat). Due to that I step all over my arena shard and rank top 5 daily, as FTP vs P2P. Don't make their mistake, farm b2 and Rex now, and use them to end the tyranny of the Galactic Empire (just don't tell those guys on my arena shard).
  • Ky10Ren wrote: »
    If you want to beat empire teams like this you need two things:
    1. A negative status effect dispeller to get rid of all those nasty debuffs, and prevent new ones from coming. Rex is easily the best choice here, and as an empire user myself this is the character I hate most. He will take away all those debuffs on your team and new ones won't appear, basiclly screwing over empires synergy for 3 turns. Act fast though, as the few times I have seen an enemy with Rex tenacity up, it didn't feel like it lasted long due to high enemy speed, so turns happened quickly and it wore off, and I still won. Also watch out for enemy b2, he will dispel ur tenacity up and you will be right back to square one, so if he is there, you can't let him get his Aoe out. I would avoid using Rex as your leadership however, as empire will not be criting on you anywhere near as much as wiggs and droids, so the benefits will be minimal.

2. A character who can dispell enemy buffs. You might be a bit surprised by this one, but it is needed. The reason for that is you need to get rid of shores taunt so you can focus EP and TFP. You can't just wait it out, because Shore will use regroup and even your Aoe won't be able to kill other enemies for a bit. B2 would be best for this, because not only will he dispell shores taunt, he will likely also inflict buff immunity, so Shore won't get a taunt from regroup. RG likely won't be able to taunt also. Even if you get bad RNG, b2 gets so many turns it'll be back around before you know it. Sun fac could also work for this category, as he could get rid of it with his basic/ counterattack. I would not recommend using QGJ for this purpose, because he might be able to get rid of the initial taunt, but the regroup taunt will **** over, and he won't be able to get rid of it before most of your team is gone.

Use Rex and b2 on your team (both are FTP), and use them to stop the things crucial to empires success. Then focus down their EP and TFP, and you pretty much win. Either one of EP and TFP can pull a big comeback and make you lose, they have done it for me multiple times (the other was dead), so they both need to be eliminated. Do these things, and empire will fall quickly. You might have problems if you try to fight a rebel team with this though...

That's how I would beat empire teams, based on my experience as an empire player. These are the two toons I hate to see in enemy teams, because I know they can screw me over. Thankfully no one in my top 10 arena uses them, instead they all use rebels and seem to automatically expect to win (except for number one, who also uses empire toons and even I can't reliably beat). Due to that I step all over my arena shard and rank top 5 daily, as FTP vs P2P. Don't make their mistake, farm b2 and Rex now, and use them to end the tyranny of the Galactic Empire (just don't tell those guys on my arena shard).

Good and comprehensive guide. Thanks.
  • Our server number 1 who sits there 95% of the time runs Boba (l), Wiggs, TFP, Baze. I run a 50k empire team and struggle to take that spot.

It's not rocket surgery.

On my November shard, there is a total of ONE rebel team in the top 25... They are pretty much a non-factor already....
  • Great guide, thanks @Ky10Ren. :)
  • There is no empire meta. The one and only meta is Kenobi (L), Bariss, Fives, Chaze
  • Would a Bounty Hunter squad beat an Empire squad?

Yes. I run all bounty hunters. Boba (L), Zam, Cad Bane, IG88, Greedo. No issues with empire or rebel metas. Lots of potency mods and they all can survive 3 Lando aoes, and one Wedge aoe.

Only squad I can't currently take is Vader lead with zeta, Chaze, TFP, Boba. But that's mainly due to his mods having much more speed than mine.

• Very fast Jedi.. but they might not hold up to the rebels without a couple of special tons w zetas..

2. A character who can dispell enemy buffs. You might be a bit surprised by this one, but it is needed. The reason for that is you need to get rid of shores taunt so you can focus EP and TFP. You can't just wait it out, because Shore will use regroup and even your Aoe won't be able to kill other enemies for a bit. B2 would be best for this, because not only will he dispell shores taunt, he will likely also inflict buff immunity, so Shore won't get a taunt from regroup. RG likely won't be able to taunt also. Even if you get bad RNG, b2 gets so many turns it'll be back around before you know it. Sun fac could also work for this category, as he could get rid of it with his basic/ counterattack. I would not recommend using QGJ for this purpose, because he might be able to get rid of the initial taunt, but the regroup taunt will **** over, and he won't be able to get rid of it before most of your team is gone.

Excellent suggestions for him... glad to see not everyone here just wants to argue
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
    1. A negative status effect dispeller to get rid of all those nasty debuffs, and prevent new ones from coming. Rex is easily the best choice here, and as an empire user myself this is the character I hate most.

...farm b2 and Rex now, and use them to end the tyranny of the Galactic Empire (just don't tell those guys on my arena shard).

Hit it on the head. Rex completely neuters Palpatine's aoe stun. You will lol when EP tries to stun when everyone has tenacity up.
  • They aren't really hip anymore, but a droid team that includes B2 should be able to take out Empire teams. The AoEs from 88, 47, and B2 should have buffs removed along with random ability blocks and other debuffs. Droids like Empire much more than Rebels.

Thank you for the advice. I have a lot of planning to do to take over my shard.
    Merula wrote: »
    Would a Bounty Hunter squad beat an Empire squad?

Yes. I run all bounty hunters. Boba (L), Zam, Cad Bane, IG88, Greedo. No issues with empire or rebel metas. Lots of potency mods and they all can survive 3 Lando aoes, and one Wedge aoe.

Only squad I can't currently take is Vader lead with zeta, Chaze, TFP, Boba. But that's mainly due to his mods having much more speed than mine.

What do you think about Dengar being used in a Bounty Hunter squad?

If only Dengar was like the Dengar in Light Side Hard Mode battles...
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    Ky10Ren wrote: »

If only Dengar was like the Dengar in Light Side Hard Mode battles...

Yeah I know... I was just wondering. The only bounty hunters I have atm are Boba, IG88, and Dengar. I was wondering if there is a possibility of using Dengar in a bounty hunter squad.
  • I use Vader Zeta, TFP,Fett,RG, and either EP, ST, or Fac depending on what type of Rebels I face.
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    They aren't really hip anymore, but a droid team that includes B2 should be able to take out Empire teams. The AoEs from 88, 47, and B2 should have buffs removed along with random ability blocks and other debuffs. Droids like Empire much more than Rebels.

Really lol? Because ever since I obtained Shore, got him to gear 8 and threw him in my team, I have NEVER lost to droids on offense as long as I had Shore, they are that easy to beat. The debuffs I get from droids at the start honestly don't seem to hinder me that much, I just take my first turn and they all seem to disappear into thin air. Shore tanks initial damage, palp shocks b2, everyone gets debuffed, 88 and 86 go down, JE gets ability blocked or stunned and then killed. That's what happens whenever I attack enemy droids. I can see how it might go differently because from what I've heard, the AI doesn't shock b2, but I still wouldn't use droids as a direct counter to empire, as while you might beat them on offense depending on how everything goes, they will target you since your squad is easy to beat for them, even easier than Rebel teams. To beat empire, I would read my huge comment/guide on the first page of this thread.