I don't do tournaments, and I will tell you why

2Next

Replies

• Yesac wrote: »
    Just checked the top ten of my tournament arena. Someone named ... has 4514 points, but only has 5 characters with a higher level than 80. He only has 11 toons with 7*.
    This joker needs his account deleted, but more than that it proves these tournaments are broken

I would suggest deleting the gamer tag reference or perhaps the post in order to avoid getting this entire thread closed. The integrity problem in tournaments is a serious problem, and it clearly has not been adequately addressed. However, naming/shaming violates the forum rules. As noted by several above, best course of action is to PM CG_LucifersDaddy.

• Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    Don't play tournaments for character shards or you will be let down. Just place high enough to get 1 mil credits, 3 omegas and raid gear. Totally worth it.

This + infinity. I cannot agree more. Tournaments are amazing when you give up on the top tiers. I LOVE them, free credits, free omegas, and raid gear boxes. Yes fricken please.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    The problem with these tournaments is not only the cheaters but the way they handle them. Tons of people have been caught now abusing hacks but they get a one week ban and sent back on their way. One of my tournament shards had a guy with about 12 g9s total, but he had 7* Jyn, casian and chirrut...Keeping all his hacked rewards and denying fair players a shot at their loot over and over again.
  • IDK since they made it 24 hours instead of 1 day+6ish hours it kinda came back to me. I play it when i can 1 time a day, do as much as posible and wait for the results the next day over. It's becoming quite enjoyable

If I would give a sugestion I would let it be by points with 2 tiers for points 10 points for first tier per unit alive+ 5 per killed and then the second tier 5+4. still 24 hours but allow in the first tier to draw from everyone then the second tier to draw from only people above

Rewards would stay the same tho I think top 100 should be 40 not 60 and top 200-100 would be 40 as well

Still PVP is coming back, only saw 1 weak team so far - all blue gear with lvl 50 and for the most part it was quite an enjoyable play

I'm not sure but I think they added top points from 2 to 3 which if it's true helped a lot with the final score

regardless if I end up getting the ship or not it was a fun experience for me and a masive improvement over the first PVP's I played back when they came on
  • I reported cheating during the second tourney and got ZERO response, and it's only gotten worse since then. Disappointing, for sure.
  • Paxus wrote: »
    Rather than tell you how they do it, I will explain how they must be cheating, but not how they are accomplishing it.

In order to score points you have to kill enemies and/or have survivors. In the top ranks, top teams have 5 gear 11 characters on defense. The cheaters have mostly characters in the G9 level. They also have very few Max level and 7* characters. The chances of them even killing an enemy character are extremely low, if not impossible.

So there is literally no way for them to realistically achieve high point totals in a short amount of time even with over a year of AP saved up.

As for sanctions, maybe they are being sanctioned but why would they care? They are running junk accounts and cheating with them.

ok i am convinced now, having seen the very weak roster of some players in my tournament, with 7* jyn, 7* cassian. unbielievable...
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Ya... I think they have to be the weakest section of content in the game at the moment, just in my opinion
  • Tourneys are a mess. My favorite one is the tourney cancelation. I had a pretty comfy spot on the Cassian one, I was sitting at 79 with just a bit to go, then the canceled the Tourneys and I suddenly dropped to sub-200. They are just ridiculous at this point. I say remove the guys who are now in Fleet/Guild shipments from the shard shipments 320 for 4 area, and start bringing in the old tourney characters. Thus allowing you to get them if you didn't win... For some crystals. And then people will buy to get them, win-win.
  • I want everyone to quit doing tournies so I can get all the free stuff. Thank you for contributing to the cause.
  • It's pay to win. It's always been pay to win and always will be. I'm debating quitting all pvp. I won't spend a penny on a game. Decent mods barely drop either.. But whip out that cc and buy a new pack.
  • 22free22
    70 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    It's pay to win. It's always been pay to win and always will be. I'm debating quitting all pvp. I won't spend a penny on a game. Decent mods barely drop either.. But whip out that cc and buy a new pack.

it s not pay to win. f2p are actually leading my tournament shard with very weak squads and already own 7* cassian and jyn. it s a cheater heaven.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Please report suspected cheaters to: CG_LucifersDaddy
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
This discussion has been closed.