Best arena team?

Hey guys i just recently hit lvl 50+ and have really started struggling in arena, ranking in 1000s whereas i used to be around 300-400 consistently so i could use some advice on team setups. My chars are:
5* chewy
5* lumi
4* sid
4* ima gun di
4* fives
4* boba
4* jedi consular
4* talia
4* cad bane
3* ventress
3* poe
3* aayla
2* kit fisto
3* fotp
2* ahsoka
2* greedo
3* royal guard
2* jk guardian
3* stormtrooper
2* fo stormtrooper
2* clone trooper
3* jawa

and a bunch of unleveled random nightsister, ewok chars, ugnaught and resistance pilot

any and all advice is appreciated thanks!

Replies

• bump
  • You seem to be spreading yourself too thin. I would focus on just 5-7 toons and get them to 7 stars. I'd pick sid lumi JC Poe fives fotp, maybe Boba greedo.
  • Out of that pool of characters I'd use Luminara/Sid/JC/Poe/Boba

I've been concentrating on these characters and i win most of my arenas and i win more GW than i lose.

5* luminara
    5* Jc
    3* Dooku
    5* Sid
    5* Phasma
    4* Daka

Also building up my 2* QGJ and farming Barriss shards when i get irritated with farming purple gears.
  • You are definitely spread to thin. Focus on the best from each of the farming sources: Cantina battles, cantina shipments, arena shipments and GW.

I would suggest:
    • Sid from Arena shipments
    • Lumi from GW shipments
    • JC or GS from Cantina Battles
    • Poe from Cantina shipments

Stick with these 4 until they are 7*. Number 5 will depend on which toons max out first

Once you max out each of the above switch to:
    1. Your favorite from arena. I went with IG88
    2. Phasma from GW shipments
    3. JC or GS from Cantina battles. Whichever you didn't do first
    4. QGJ from Cantina shipments

You can get 15 shards a day once you're completing GW's, 10-15 per day if you can get in the upper ranks of arenas, around 15 per day from cantina battles if you use crystals to refresh and similarly 10 per day from cantina shipments if you refresh. As long as you focus you can knock a few 7 stars out pretty quickly (for reference, at 15 shards per day, you can take a character from unlocked, with no shards, to a full 7* in 22 days), and when done, you'll have a number of good characters that can be used in various situations.
  • BillyBeans
    440 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Yendor
    Yendor wrote: »
    You are definitely spread to thin. Focus on the best from each of the farming sources: Cantina battles, cantina shipments, arena shipments and GW.

I would suggest:
    • Lumi from GW shipments

Stick with these 4 until they are 7*. Number 5 will depend on which toons max out first

You can get 15 shards a day once you're completing GW's, 10-15 per day if you can get in the upper ranks of arenas, around 15 per day from cantina battles if you use crystals to refresh and similarly 10 per day from cantina shipments if you refresh. As long as you focus you can knock a few 7 stars out pretty quickly (for reference, at 15 shards per day, you can take a character from unlocked, with no shards, to a full 7* in 22 days), and when done, you'll have a number of good characters that can be used in various situations.

How is the world do you make 800 cantina credits a day??? You claim to purchase TWO shipments per day at 400 cantina credit each...

17 cantina credit per full 120 energy. Even if timed right for one specific day, you get 12 battles. Then refresh another 12 battles, for 24 total.

24x17 = 408

THAT IS ONE CANTINA SHIPMENT A DAY (which is also impossible to replicate daily since it takes so dang long to refill cantina energy.)

All your other tips are spot on, though! Curious how you make the cantina happen, though...
  • LoL that is pretty bad. My daughter is around 1500 in arena with a 3* Talia leading 4* daka 3* Poe 2* JC and 4* GS. Most teams are so badly synergized....

I would suggest based on what you have:
    Sid leading Boba, Lumi, Ventress, Poe.

Sid gives crit and damage to all, moves 1st usually, and immune heals on his basic

Boba blocks abilities to 3-4 enemies at once.

Lumi heals good once and force blasts awesomely.

Poe taunts fast

Ventress has a nice large scale aoe attack you will like later.
  • BillyBeans wrote: »
    @Yendor
    Yendor wrote: »
    You are definitely spread to thin. Focus on the best from each of the farming sources: Cantina battles, cantina shipments, arena shipments and GW.

I would suggest:
    • Lumi from GW shipments

How is the world do you make 800 cantina credits a day??? You claim to purchase TWO shipments per day at 400 cantina credit each...

17 cantina credit per full 120 energy. Even if timed right for one specific day, you get 12 battles. Then refresh another 12 battles, for 24 total.

24x17 = 408

THAT IS ONE CANTINA SHIPMENT A DAY (which is also impossible to replicate daily since it takes so dang long to refill cantina energy.)

All your other tips are spot on, though! Curious how you make the cantina happen, though...

Possible. You make more than one full cantina energy per day. Level up also gives you abit depending on your level, but you would defs need to buy two refreshers. I do it when i farm cantina as top priority.
    Guild - Darkside Knights
  • Embo
    39 posts Member
    Ventress has a nice large scale aoe attack you will like later.

I have a 6* Ventress, level VII gear, and level 5/6 attack/special abilities. I can tell you she hits like a truck on her regular attack and AOE. She's the only toon with 5 attacks/special abilities. When leveled enough, her Strike Fear ability can dispel two positive status effects per enemy and heals 6% (7% later) per effect dispelled. It can really turn the tide in arena, especially if you're facing a team with a taunter. She's a little squishy IMO but does a lot of damage while she's around.

I use her in PvP with Phasma as leader, Sid, Lumi, and Daka. Phasma's leader ability provides bonus attacks and she can slow down enemy turn meters; Sid provides healing immunity; Lumi heals and hits pretty hard; Daka stuns and heals AND can revive defeated allies (and herself!); Asajj dispels positive buffs and hits hard.

I would stop promoting Boba and get Daka in the cantina shipments instead.
  • It depends if you swipe or purely f2p

If u don't intend to drop cash on the game.

Lumi
    SID
    JC

Don't mess up early or u will struggle with area and GW later on.

The low payouts will affect you in the long run as the gap widens.

Always use allies which give u 20 points.
    Just auto play

completing challenges will help u reset the ally usage limit.

Double your ally point gain means more bronzium. Doesn't seem much but they add up. Chance for shards, full character or gear.

• After reading a few "ventress hits hard" posts I decided to go for her as I have 95/100 shards to 7* Sid. Also I can finally beat GW consistently (3rd time in a row counting today) I can continue on lumi then probably go for phasma next.
  • Ventress stun and hits hard but abit too slow

I would probably go phasm first
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Ventress stun and hits hard but abit too slow

Ventress is arena
    Phasma is from GW (which I'm using to get lumi to at least 6* first)

I debated doing ig88 but I never got GS and I don't have poggle either. Tho since I'm 4 pieces from kylo, I'll probably see how he turns out once I get him lvled and geared.
  • Nitric wrote: »
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Ventress stun and hits hard but abit too slow

Ventress is arena
    Phasma is from GW (which I'm using to get lumi to at least 6* first)

I debated doing ig88 but I never got GS and I don't have poggle either. Tho since I'm 4 pieces from kylo, I'll probably see how he turns out once I get him lvled and geared.

Aye I guess I mixed up the tables.

I like gs but u have your Kylo farm from cantina. Which also maxes out payout doe cantina shipments,

I am still farming geo, so no Kylo for me till end feb
  • Tbh ventress is kinda too slow for the current meta in arena
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Tbh ventress is kinda too slow for the current meta in arena

Probably is but I'm thinking of anything to help me ALWAYS finish GW. I need a few more alternates lol. It's so bad that I only use about 7 toons.
  • Nitric wrote: »
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Tbh ventress is kinda too slow for the current meta in arena

Probably is but I'm thinking of anything to help me ALWAYS finish GW. I need a few more alternates lol. It's so bad that I only use about 7 toons.

It's often correct to focus on your strong toons.

Reasonably fast n good damage team b option for GW.

I am stuck with Lumi ig86 Sid GS and JC for GW

Poe n Chewie comes in if I need a tank.

That's all the depth I have atm.
  • Just got kylo as the resets started I did the first refresh and got 4 pieces in 7 runs lol. Pretty excited to gear him up cause I have him close to the max level already, just need more training droids.
  • BillyBeans wrote: »
    @Yendor

24x17 = 408

I don't know what the OP spends, so I just included what I do in my original post.

Because cantina battles give you shards plus currency for cantina shipments, I do the 100, 200 and 400 crystal refreshes, plus 130'ish from the natural refresh rate, so:
    120x3 =360 plus 130 gives me 490 energy or 49 battles at 17 tokens each for a total of 833 tokens or 10 shards per day. If you're grinding a lower toon in battles like GS where it is 8 energy per battle for 13 tokens it works out to a little less, but still right at enough for 10 shards per day.

Obviously this number goes down if you don't want to purchase the refreshes, but even if you just do the 100 crystal refresh, you get 5 shards per day, I'm just a bit impatient so spend the crystals to double my speed.