Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• The problem with GW is that Everytime new gear, abilities, and levels come out it becomes hard if not impossible until everyone catches up and gets it all.
  • Probably. So basically you saying until I get zeta I'm wasting my time? Great... I'm not even at a stage I can start working on zeta...
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • RuinedGame
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    **** off with your shoretrooper and Zeta led troops.

Waste of my time.

This mode is **** and the devs are clearly not listening unless you are a whale.
  • Okay so today i get fed a node 12 gk lead!
    Full squad 5* gk lead, barriss, b2, aayla and 5's just stop!! EA why design a toon thats completely anti crit meta and near enough unkillable by crit when the game is based on how much crit damage you can score basically how most team comps pack a punch gk on his own not much of a threat obvious but when a team can go through 20+ of my roster and still have three remain is beyond a joke!!! Understood if i had b2 or tfp it shouldve been easier but against a speedy team lack of the right mods cough cough speed secondaries of which ive farmed 200 in the past month and nothing above 7 and even the wrong primaries!! Need readressing but thats a different subject, lack of maxed toons or the right ones anyway and zetas against none zetas why!! Same everywhere in the game tourneyies, gw and arena, arena is unstandable because its only a fair few atm but tourneys and gw is it really that hard to be put in a tourney shard with zeta over the top toons with anti crit meta when the majority of damage comes from crits!!! And you get teams like mentioned above 20% heal on a crit hit strike gk doesnt even scratch him wiggs combo hell no and you cant debuff him or heal immunity because a speedy barriss and guess what! A zeta speedy barriss even if you get passed her auto cleanse guess what b2 then shuts you down then if you get past that gk 's foresight, counter and tm boost and ally taunt with anti crit then if you get past that hope aayla doesnt stun and call barriss to assist your fine!!! Walk in the park stop with the power creep with like 20 unique abilities of there abilities just to make older toons viable again how about you just give older toons there own uniques that only affect them bar the tm manipulation because tm manipulation can be your only way around most mods but in otherwords the max health boosts the massive heal boosts the retribution heal is a big problem especially if the squad has a tenacity up toon in there or a cleanser just needs a review thats all but bla bla bla ill get mixed reviews on this but just face this teams without a zeta backup and youll see unless you have b2 or tfp maxed your gonna lose alot of toons before anyone says i only have tfp 6* g10 and even with potency of 96 his positive ability block doesnt cut it
  • Waste of time trying past node 7 today
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    6 months completing every gw. WAI!
    i can count with my hand when ive had an entire team lose
  • So it's been awhile but I met an UNBEATABLE team again. With my toons there should not be an unbeatable team. Difficult yes. This is Bull#+*%. EA needs to go bankrupt. Maybe that would teach them to listen to their players.
  • I think I'm officially done. I spend way to much on this game anyway. EA just lost a big spender. I encourage the rest of you having issues to quit playing and or spending. Maybe they will see a problem if half of more of the players quit.
  • GW is now simply a joke!

I cannot even be bothered to elaborate any further.

Completely disengaged after being addicted for a year and having made good 'natural' progress.

What I think EA are missing here is due to the number of players they are upsetting, people will be less inclined to spend on the game and they'll make far less out of it in the long run.

I cannot tolerate losing 8 high level geared up squads to an unrealistically unbeatable node 12 squad.

Bizarre that they are not listening to the masses.
  • How does this work? I have been level 78 for the past few days but since yesterday I have been getting level 83 fully modded teams in node 6. My node 12 is all level 85 .

If I have not leveled up then how does the difficulty in galactic war change? The only change that happened was that I unlocked baze.
  • Sapient2k7 wrote: »
    How does this work? I have been level 78 for the past few days but since yesterday I have been getting level 83 fully modded teams in node 6. My node 12 is all level 85 .

If I have not leveled up then how does the difficulty in galactic war change? The only change that happened was that I unlocked baze.

It's for sure based on your roster power rating, but there are probably other factors affecting team composition that we don't know about
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/66883/galactic-war-power-by-node-where-are-we-now
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    I think I'm officially done. I spend way to much on this game anyway. EA just lost a big spender. I encourage the rest of you having issues to quit playing and or spending. Maybe they will see a problem if half of more of the players quit.

Completely agree. I would encourage the same. We have months of complaints here and Ive seen GW only get worse. Now they are allowing monster teams with the shiny new toons get matched with F2P teams. The divide between F2P and the rest is wide enough to at least allow GW, the only reliable source of daily resources for most, to be a fair and reliable completion every day with some effort. It's not about the time sink involved.... it's the fact that there are teams out there now that are unbeatable for F2P and it could come at any node from 9-12.

• djvita wrote: »

This admittedly is the most annoying part of gw for me. I understand it should be challenging. So when some say it's too easy and I can never complete it something must be a little off. I'm sure what I face is probably not challenging to top level players. But it's past challenging to me and in the impossible range.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    I think I'm officially done. I spend way to much on this game anyway. EA just lost a big spender. I encourage the rest of you having issues to quit playing and or spending. Maybe they will see a problem if half of more of the players quit.

Completely agree. I would encourage the same. We have months of complaints here and Ive seen GW only get worse. Now they are allowing monster teams with the shiny new toons get matched with F2P teams. The divide between F2P and the rest is wide enough to at least allow GW, the only reliable source of daily resources for most, to be a fair and reliable completion every day with some effort. It's not about the time sink involved.... it's the fact that there are teams out there now that are unbeatable for F2P and it could come at any node from 9-12.

or often at node six even.
  • Galactic War is easily...easily...my favorite component to the game. I love trying different combinations of characters to prep for Squad battles and test out characters.

My one wish would be that we could refresh it in the same day.

Otherwise, I wouldn't change anything about the gameplay.
  • Galactic War is easily...easily...my favorite component to the game. I love trying different combinations of characters to prep for Squad battles and test out characters.

So you come in here to troll??? What r u a developer in disguise trying to put some kind of positive spin on the most negative part of the game? Shame on you for coming in here and trolling.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    djvita wrote: »

This admittedly is the most annoying part of gw for me. I understand it should be challenging. So when some say it's too easy and I can never complete it something must be a little off. I'm sure what I face is probably not challenging to top level players. But it's past challenging to me and in the impossible range.

all you need to to is raise your top 5 and arena power to 46k. with this node 12 will not assign a team for you and you will get gear 3/4/5 opponents.
  • I m tired of spending 3 hours a day of my life in GW
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    Galactic War is easily...easily...my favorite component to the game. I love trying different combinations of characters to prep for Squad battles and test out characters.

So you come in here to troll??? What r u a developer in disguise trying to put some kind of positive spin on the most negative part of the game? Shame on you for coming in here and trolling.

Someone is jumping to conclusions, or being sarcastic. Can't decide which.

No, I genuinely enjoy GE.
  • SelfishFiend
    174 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Body is required.
  • ****, its crazy how long this thread is! I browse it occasionally to see if I can give advice, but now it seems GW is getting crazy OP for a lot of people.

My only advice is to keep progressing and getting your Arena power up. Eventually, you do get an easy 12th node and it does become more beatable.

For me, my new Empire-based Arena team (Palpy lead with Shoretrooper, TFP, Sun Fac and Boba) is making GW very easy. Haven't lost a toon since I started running it last week.

That said, I am worried that I am going to get some crazy General Kenobi, Zeta'd Barris, Fives, Aayla ect. team on Node 11 soon, but it hasn't happened.

Although, to be fair, I could still probably take out a team like that. It just may take my Arena squad and then one other team.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    KyloRey wrote: »
    ****, its crazy how long this thread is! I browse it occasionally to see if I can give advice, but now it seems GW is getting crazy OP for a lot of people.

My only advice is to keep progressing and getting your Arena power up. Eventually, you do get an easy 12th node and it does become more beatable.

For me, my new Empire-based Arena team (Palpy lead with Shoretrooper, TFP, Sun Fac and Boba) is making GW very easy. Haven't lost a toon since I started running it last week.

That said, I am worried that I am going to get some crazy General Kenobi, Zeta'd Barris, Fives, Aayla ect. team on Node 11 soon, but it hasn't happened.

Although, to be fair, I could still probably take out a team like that. It just may take my Arena squad and then one other team.

GW has always been jedi heavy so palp/maul/vader take em out easy but today i got a surprise
    q8mjwI2.png
    they had no mods so they didnt even get a hit, but still some may have struggled with this
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    djvita wrote: »

all you need to to is raise your top 5 and arena power to 46k. with this node 12 will not assign a team for you and you will get gear 3/4/5 opponents.

Then it's broken. What about the people in the middle? Why should they have to suffer with crappy gw nodes and it be stupid broken at the top. Also... Getting to 46k is easier said then done. you guys say it like it's easy and can be done overnight. I'm now over three months of impossible gw. Ever since I was level 76 it's been impossible... You know that complete gw 50 times achievement? I've been at 42 for three bloody months.

Seriously **** needs to be said to make it clear this is broken. I don't want stupid easy node 12. I want a possible to complete node 12. Is that too much to ask? Next some **** is gonna say. You need speed mods. Or you need that meta. Or you need x arena power in top 5. Isn't gw supposed to be based on what I have and give me a challenge accordingly? Maybe even let me win say once a week.
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    You know that complete gw 50 times achievement? I've been at 42 for three bloody months.

I hear your pain and agree. balancing is way off. but believe me. build characters with alot of power (royal guard as example) and get to 46k plus. you wont regret it. and build a droid and a rebel team.

I am FTP and constantly win GW now, with 150+ completed (there is a 150 GW achievement after the 50).
  • Shax
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Galactic War is easily...easily...my favorite component to the game. I love trying different combinations of characters to prep for Squad battles and test out characters.

I agree. GW is great. It's a little incosistant though. Normally it's a bit too easy, but once in a while you get a really hard team that takes a lot of work to beat. That's what makes it fun though.

That is some awesome logic right there, lol. Let me translate that: I'm fine, so it has to be working as intended.

So everyone coming here is too stupid to complete it while you can just faceroll through it? Is that really how you think this works? Seems rather delusional to me.

So, I have two accounts (like many others). My main account is lvl 74 now and I have completed each and every GW (I think) I ever started. I'm running Wiggsdo/Han/EP and one squad pretty much facerolls through it. The other day I rushed to 24 nodes completed in 15 or 20 minutes.

Now my second account .... I'm trying different stuff here, just to mix it up a little. In the process of building a Jedi counter team, lvl 71. The raw power of my 5 strongest toons (which is what is used to generate your opponents if I understood it correctly) is actually almost identical on both accounts, yet the weaker account keeps facing way more difficult combos. Lvl 82 g9 squads on 11 and 12 is quite common.

Why is that? Why is it zero challenge for my main account and almost impossible on the second? The synergy of the rebel squad certainly makes it easier, that point is very clear. But why am I facing way higher lvl/power squads on my lower account? My main account never faced anything higher than lvl 80 I think. There has to be something wacky with the calculation, idk.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    I think gw is the best part of the game!! Thanks EA for doing something correct!
    Over the past year you have raised the credits gained and actually made it easier than it once was. This is where my game time is actually used at
  • Trindor
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Why do i have to fight against Zeta Barris?
    I got this enemy team two times on node 12 now, there is no chance for me to beat them.
    Heal immunity will be cleansed shortly after using it. Taunting switched between Baze, General Kenobi and Fives makes it even worse.
    Node12_zpsk8p0nxhu.jpg
    Screenshot_20170103-231927_zpsomh9cidx.png
    Screenshot_20170103-231941_zpsipajtqj4.png
    Screenshot_20170103-232010_zpspq5dlgoe.png
    Screenshot_20170103-231850_zps9pby1cen.png
    Screenshot_20170103-231904_zpswkqw16rm.png
    Post edited by Trindor on
  • By far u have ruined the best part of the game. I played level 80 team's in 6 of the 9 nodes I was able to finish. Sorry I don't pay for this game as much as others but this is ridiculous. Not to mention I am glad I worked hard to get my teams to 80 so some noob can beat me with a 70 level and some mods. Way to reward hard work. I wish I could be horrible at my job and not listen to my customers feedback. Sounds like a winning formula. Was to go EA

It doesnt matter if you do spend, which I spend some

Whatever the A.I. programming, it ALWAYS stays multiple levels ahead of you & it forces you to battle the Top squads in your shard...meaning youre always going to be battling Wiggs/Lando/STH/rg/Emperor combos or SunFac/Shoretrooper squads. Im tired of it. Just flatout tired of GW. Worse, its the only way to stay competitive w/ SHIPS...which is a blast. Fix GW. FIX GW! ea/Capital please fix GW!

That is some awesome logic right there, lol. Let me translate that: I'm fine, so it has to be working as intended.

So everyone coming here is too **** to complete it while you can just faceroll through it? Is that really how you think this works? Seems rather delusional to me.

Well said. +1