IGNORE: just another GW whine thread.

cosmicturtle333
5004 posts Member
edited January 2016
This used to be a helpful comment but is now redundant.

Edited so the thread dies.
My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on

Replies

• Bump
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • cheers mate

I hope they also throw in the auto attack that randomly selecting other target in the arena.
  • Knite
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    This was very obviously not a bug. A bug wouldn't have a different cost value than other shipment refreshes. If you're going to change things to sap money out of more people, at least be truthful about it.

It's pretty obvious that you were just unsatisfied with how some players were able to get ahead and get characters for free faster than you intended and now you're trying to monetize that as well. What you fail to realize is that Galactic War was one of the few ways a free player COULD get ahead. I speak as someone who plays both for free and who pays. I've paid somewhere in the realm of $200 on iOS and nothing on Android to see how the experience was different. Without GW and the token refresh, I wouldn't be anywhere close to competitive on Android. As a paying player, there needs to be a way for free players to keep up and compete. 6 hour refresh timers on shipments and paying players able to use gems to do more arena matches than free players isn't it.

I'm currently enjoying the game as both a free and paying player, but if this change stays and if this game gets any more pay to win, you may as well change the company name to Kabam.
  • Ehhh...you must be new to EA related games. They are ALWAYS about the money. As far as these shipments go, according to your theory...why would they change it back? Please don't say something ridiculous about fans being outraged because we all know that isn't true lol. Otherwise changing it and then changing it back would result in further backlash. Do you truly believe that all other shipments are uniform but they didn't intend this one to be? Why? I'm not trolling you I am genuinely curious as to your reasoning.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    ^ Agreed. This change only punish F2P by delaying their advancement and perhaps punish those stockpiled their crystals too. However, I'm grateful that CG reverse it for a week because its rare to see them change their mind.

I enjoy playing GW the most because it doesn't have a pressure timer unlike arena and I able completed it at level 50 with a lot of uphill battles. And when it come to using those hard earned rewards, its so satisfying.
  • Knite
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Do you truly believe that all other shipments are uniform but they didn't intend this one to be? Why? I'm not trolling you I am genuinely curious as to your reasoning.

Because there are two wrong values involved. A bug would be a simple error in code that substituted War Tokens for Gems, but the amount needed was also incorrect. Now, if the amount of gems needed to refresh the shipment in the current build was 10, then I'd be more willing to believe it was actually a bug and not a design change. The fact that it was War Tokens and it was 10 of them instead of 50 like every other shipment refresh proves to me that this wasn't some error in the code, but a conscious design change to monetize an area that was generating more rewards than intended for free players. And if it was a bug and a known issue all along, it should have been stated from the beginning that it would be fixed at a later date. And finally, it wouldn't take 2 months to fix a simple bug like this. If this was a known issue all along that was impacting revenue, it would have been prioritized much sooner. No, somebody realized that too many people were getting more than they wanted for free and forced a change.

As far as the reversion, it's an attempt to ease the community into the design change in order to control some of the outrage from people. Calling it a bug saves face and makes it sound like it was always intended to happen, yet there was never once a bug or known issue talking about it. If I am mistaken, please point me towards where this was talked about anywhere over the last two months.

That is my reasoning why I believe this was clearly a design/monetization choice and not a bug at all.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Knite wrote: »
    Do you truly believe that all other shipments are uniform but they didn't intend this one to be? Why? I'm not trolling you I am genuinely curious as to your reasoning.

Because there are two wrong values involved. A bug would be a simple error in code that substituted War Tokens for Gems, but the amount needed was also incorrect. Now, if the amount of gems needed to refresh the shipment in the current build was 10, then I'd be more willing to believe it was actually a bug and not a design change. The fact that it was War Tokens and it was 10 of them instead of 50 like every other shipment refresh proves to me that this wasn't some error in the code, but a conscious design change to monetize an area that was generating more rewards than intended for free players. And if it was a bug and a known issue all along, it should have been stated from the beginning that it would be fixed at a later date. And finally, it wouldn't take 2 months to fix a simple bug like this. If this was a known issue all along that was impacting revenue, it would have been prioritized much sooner. No, somebody realized that too many people were getting more than they wanted for free and forced a change.

As far as the reversion, it's an attempt to ease the community into the design change in order to control some of the outrage from people. Calling it a bug saves face and makes it sound like it was always intended to happen, yet there was never once a bug or known issue talking about it. If I am mistaken, please point me towards where this was talked about anywhere over the last two months.

That is my reasoning why I believe this was clearly a design/monetization choice and not a bug at all.

Still could be an oversight from some earlier build, that would explain the two wrong values...
  • If you didn't have 50 crystals you couldn't use 10 tokens to refresh. One of those two numbers was bugged. Since every other refresh in the game uses crystals it's easy to see which one was wrong. I will say the timing of the fix is suspect but the reason behind it is sound. And about the timing it could have been worse, stuck with a major update that added new characters to GW at the same time.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    It was not a bug. Probably an oversight. It doesn't matter, tho. They can change it for whatever reasons, "nefarian" or not. The problem wss not the change. It was the stealth way to do it. I think most people agree they can do whatever they think it's best for the game. But their communication departament should be fired. Or, probably, should be hired as I don't think they have one. Cheap shots against your customer base like "players convincing themselves of..." would not pass a check by a PR proffesional.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Nice move, respect!
  • Darth_Katsumoto
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Knite wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I think "bug" was an attempt not to say "somebody messed up", but you have to realize the logical error you are making. If they didn't want people to "get too much" then they wouldn't revert it at all. At the end of the day you can only farm so many toons in GW, and why would they care if you had all GW toons maxed? They have already got your money if you have them all at 7* whether you bought crystals or credits or refills. Go through the forum and count how many people are "outraged". Now don't add in the ones who are like well that's crappy but who are not talking about refunds and quitting. Now figure how many people are on this forum, and compare your numbers. I doubt as many players are outraged as you think. Most are simply bummed. But I guarantee you as long as player b spends x amount, they could care less about player a lol.

I know you are irked, but I think your anger is clouding your judgement. And that is the way to the darkside.
  • In my opinion the change was not to punish anyone, it was common sense. The gw shipments will likely be changing and expanding, gw tokens are a finite resource, you can only get 1200 a day, so which makes more sense to put the refresh on an easy to get currency and shards are easy to get, yes you have to pay for them but you can't buy GW tokens so shards are easier to get than tokens.

I expect if this game wants to live there will be a great deal of expansion, likely things like expendable items (medipack for heals, blastpak for offense bonus, etc) If so, then highly desired items will likely be put somewhere accessible but finite, such as GW tokens. Not to mention gear drops, etc etc. When the GW shipments actually mean something beyond Lumi and the cylon-trooper, I can see people being annoyed they have to spend their valuable GW tokens on refreshes. But hey, at least you guys got your way now rather than looking at the long term. :smile:
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Is doesn't matter what anyone says here all are just going to hate and post toxic forum rants and continue to be negative because it's easier and more drama and the truth can't stand in the way of your debates so continue to hate on

#toxicity
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Closed.

OP deleted Thread content. Ignore on title.

If OP wants this reopened, please PM me.

FashionFett.
This discussion has been closed.