How to counter StHan with my toons?

I've got a handful of strong toons, split between rebels and empire.

Have been maintaining top 20 in arena before today, using a mix of my guys. Wiggsdo teams with StHan changed that today, bigtime and I need help.

I've got at level 74 or 75:
7* wedge, biggs, lando
6* palpatine, boba fett, ackbar, leia
5* tie pilot, vader
4* RG

Ally code 144-455-769

As you can tell, my roster isn't that deep.

I don't have a great solution for StHan.

Without a way to dispel the taunt, the TM I am forced to feed my opponent does me in every time.

Suggestions on what order to attack a wiggsdo with StHan team?

Suggestions on characters I have to fast track for promotion (right now thinking Sun Fac).

Suggestions on characters I should start farming now? Does that take priority over my current focus Tie Pilot?

Thanks for any help.

Replies

  • Waqui
    6258 posts Member
    With a fast Boba Fett (block) or EP (shock).
  • Having a dispeller is a must. B2 is the best but sun fac is also very strong. Until then, making your tie pilot faster so he can land buff immunity and ability block on sthan is your best strategy
  • My boba is 198 speed, and my palpatine 170 or 176.

    Tie pilot at 199.

    Sometimes I get to go first (though typically not if lando leads).

    If I ability block han, I typically get to kill wedge or lando, but I rarely get two kills before han gets to taunt.
  • In addition to above, here are a few other ideas:

    1. Make your Biggs fast enough to go first.
    2. Get speed and potency on your TFP to land a buff immunity on STH before he taunts.
    3. Boba Fett's execute also dispells a taunt.
    4. Longer term, farm SF and B2. Both Tier 1 dispellers. QGJ is not as good as those two, but is still a solid character overall, good for Rancor raids, and has an interesting zeta.

  • Waqui wrote: »
    With a fast Boba Fett (block) or EP (shock).

    +1 but add TFP. Also B2 works wonders, especially with Shore/Baze nowadays.
  • Mother ****....execute dispels taunt.

    Thank you for correcting my suck.
  • I like B2 over SF for the record.
  • Would you guys reccomend pausing tie pilot farming to unlock B2?
  • AA lead, Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Pappy. With decent speed mods, your Biggs will go first. OHKO his Wedge. Leave Biggs for last. Go after next biggest threat until STH taunts. Use AA's TG to give your Lando two turns in a row With his AoE. If your Pappy goes before his STH taunts, shock him. Otherwise, save Pappy's AoE stun and Wedge's AoE until after STH taunts. Goal is to kill 2nd biggest threat with AoEs while STH is taunting. Finish off STH, then mop up.

    I think TFP will serve you better than B2 in the long run.
  • Good suggestions, thanks!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    In addition to above, here are a few other ideas:

    1. Make your Biggs fast enough to go first.
    2. Get speed and potency on your TFP to land a buff immunity on STH before he taunts.
    3. Boba Fett's execute also dispells a taunt.
    4. Longer term, farm SF and B2. Both Tier 1 dispellers. QGJ is not as good as those two, but is still a solid character overall, good for Rancor raids, and has an interesting zeta.

    Pretty much nails it.

    I would add: B2 over Sun Fac.
  • Qgj dispell or ani buff immunity
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Riktoven wrote: »
    Mother ****....execute dispels taunt.

    Thank you for correcting my suck.

    Yeah, you have a good dispeller at short time :smile: But for me SF is the best since when taunting, he will remove your opponent's taunt when he gets hit.
  • leef
    13180 posts Member
    TFP also inflicts abi block on primary target, wich i rate higher than buff immunity. St han will use taunt (read: give 30%TM) regardless of shock or buff immunity. The abi block also has a 100% proc rate, so you only need to worry about it being resisted, thus less RNG dependent.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The upside to the B2 / Sun Fac decision making is this: you can farm both simultaneously.
    B2 via Cantina & Sun Fac via Fleet/Raid Shipments.

    I'm currently farming both myself.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • leef
    13180 posts Member
    The upside to the B2 / Sun Fac decision making is this: you can farm both simultaneously.
    B2 via Cantina & Sun Fac via Fleet/Raid Shipments.

    I'm currently farming both myself.

    gearing both at the same time is not really an option though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Riktoven wrote: »
    I've got a handful of strong toons, split between rebels and empire.

    Have been maintaining top 20 in arena before today, using a mix of my guys. Wiggsdo teams with StHan changed that today, bigtime and I need help.

    I've got at level 74 or 75:
    7* wedge, biggs, lando
    6* palpatine, boba fett, ackbar, leia
    5* tie pilot, vader
    4* RG

    Ally code 144-455-769

    As you can tell, my roster isn't that deep.

    I don't have a great solution for StHan.

    Without a way to dispel the taunt, the TM I am forced to feed my opponent does me in every time.

    Suggestions on what order to attack a wiggsdo with StHan team?

    Suggestions on characters I have to fast track for promotion (right now thinking Sun Fac).

    Suggestions on characters I should start farming now? Does that take priority over my current focus Tie Pilot?

    Thanks for any help.

    Really depends on the speed of the Biggs and Han on the other team. If your Palp or Boba is faster than his Han then shock or ability block Han and one-shot his Biggs. You kind of need a tank of your own.
  • Riktoven wrote: »
    My boba is 198 speed, and my palpatine 170 or 176.

    Tie pilot at 199.

    Sometimes I get to go first (though typically not if lando leads).

    If I ability block han, I typically get to kill wedge or lando, but I rarely get two kills before han gets to taunt.

    Fett can also dispel taunt with his rocket. Try him first, anyway
  • I'm good now with the execute dispel...i really am embarrased that I had the answer in game already for all the ranks I lost.
  • Personally I target biggs with my wiggs first. palp can shock him which prevents him from gaining taunt. If they have a lando, he's next. BUT it's often luck of the draw. I've wiped those teams out and had lando single handedly wiped me out in two turns...
  • If you have raid Han paroblem solved. Just give him some potency
Sign In or Register to comment.