Character Strategy TIE Fighter Pilot

124Next

Replies

• Thanks to this guy, under Emperor's lead, Wiggs&Lando&Co. are nothing anymore.
  • Lysiris
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Does anyone know how TFPs buff immunity works against Tenacity up from yoda or even Cassian? Since he doesn't dispel like B2 does, i would assume buff immunity gets resisted by tenacity up?
  • Lysiris wrote: »
    Does anyone know how TFPs buff immunity works against Tenacity up from yoda or even Cassian? Since he doesn't dispel like B2 does, i would assume buff immunity gets resisted by tenacity up?

Not familiar with Cassian yet but if anybody on Yoda's squad has buff immunity, then when Yoda goes to Battle Med it'll trigger and those characters will not get Tenacity-Up or foresight if he's zeta'd. It's kind of a wasted move for those characters.

I face this problem with Rex (similar to the two you mention). It matters who goes first. You need to use the cleanser/tenacity up character as the primary target for TFP's AoE. Yoda is easy since buff immunity cancels his effect. However, Rex with cleanse first *then* give tenacity up on his special. Subsequent TFP (or EP or Boba) AoEs just deal damage without debuffing.

So, if you get TFP AoE before Yoda's Battle Meditation, anyone with buff immunity will not benefit.

If you get TFP AoE and ability block Rex, you are in better shape.

Cassian has not made his way into my arena or GW battles; therefore, I have no experience on which to base an answer.
  • Will give it a try. After swearing to give myself a break from farming stun cuffs for my own sanity, looks like I need to farm 100 more to hit G10 :/. Back to the cuff grind so I can give him a try in arena!

Definitely give him a shot. Mine rocked at 6* and gear 9... his forsight helps and if you use RG that helps too.
  • Actually i tested it, if someone already has tenacity up buff, like if yoda outspeeds tfp and gets tenacity up first, the buff immunity will get resisted
    Actually i tested it, if someone already has tenacity up buff, like if yoda outspeeds tfp and gets tenacity up first, the buff immunity will get resisted

True, but TFP is the fastest character in the game. Shouldn't be too bad to ability block the character that gives tenacity up.
  • Does buff immunity remove positive effects or just prevent toons from getting new positive effects?
  • mlb1399 wrote: »
    Does buff immunity remove positive effects or just prevent toons from getting new positive effects?

Just prevents new ones. You need dispel to remove. Even shock (from EP) doesn't remove existing.
  • Justin_Credible
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    1 more note to Yoda's Battle Meditation - he first gives Tenacity Up to himself, and after that he will copy it to other toons. So it means that ONLY Yoda needs to have buff immunity/shock - it prevent him from getting Tenacity up, and thus he cannot copy it to others ;-)
  • Still about mods. Crit chance and potency with speed secondaries? For arena that is. For hpit I have pot mods on him.
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Still about mods. Crit chance and potency with speed secondaries? For arena that is. For hpit I have pot mods on him.

I run speed, potency with primaries in critical damage (when I can manage) a lot of secondary stats in protection to survive aoe of Wiggs.

https://swgoh.gg/u/weaver9/collection/tie-fighter-pilot/

Ideally, 4x Speed x2 Potency with critical chance primaries.
  • Yeah I agree this would be super nice. I'm however ways from speed.
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Yeah I agree this would be super nice. I'm however ways from speed.

In that case if he's staying alive long enough then yes, critical chance and potency.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Weaver9 wrote: »
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Still about mods. Crit chance and potency with speed secondaries? For arena that is. For hpit I have pot mods on him.

I run speed, potency with primaries in critical damage (when I can manage) a lot of secondary stats in protection to survive aoe of Wiggs.

Is he viable in arena at gr 9 ? Only 22k HP + Protection.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Sure, if you have a toon that protects him. He is a typical glas cannon. If focused he dies realy fast even he has foresight. But he is normaly faster then anything else (except for an speedy moddet JE with Droids backup) and under EP lead he goes twice at the beginning of each match.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Weaver9 wrote: »
    vessaharja wrote: »

Is he viable in arena at gr 9 ? Only 22k HP + Protection.

I hold ranks between 30-20 with him at g9. Standard empire team with palp lead, shoretrooper, Vader, and sun fac as a secondary tank.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    How much potency do I need for TFP in HPIT and arena? I have him at 80 potency and could boost to 87 if I replaced a crit chance mod with a tena mod.
  • Main thing you want in HPIT is to land tenacity down. This actually depends on critical chance, not potency. If you get a critical hit, it's guaranteed.

For arena, potency is more of a concern, but not if you have Palpatine lead with 32% potency boost.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Please rate my TFP. How can improve him? I just replaced a 4* crit damage primary triange to crit chance. That a threat or a possibility?

I could put 15 more speed on him but atm he is not in my arena squad. Looking at having him at G11 in about two weeks.

https://swgoh.gg/u/vessaharja/collection/tie-fighter-pilot/
  • 88 pot & 56 CC vs 78 pot & 62 CC?
  • I know this is posted elsewhere, but just wondering if somebody can post quickly about how to use him in heroic p3 tank raid? just getting him to 7 * and have been previously doing chirpa L, EP, rg, sth, sun fac and getting 600-700k . I have heard tfp does more, not sure of the squad or the strat