The Policy on Cheaters

Replies

• On another note, how can the guy who was put in place to handle the cheating requests not be answering his messages or responding??? Again, this is an amateurish rollout of a game that could be a money machine. I'm sure EA is going to be ticked off at CG for the losses and screw-ups here.

One thing you can be sure of, @CG_LucifersDaddy is not avoiding your messages as this would be a strike against him since he'd be technically not doing his job. What must have occurred is that his managers have allowed him to step away, and that is ten-fold worse because it speaks volumes on how great a priority they have placed on this issue.....

The four posts from Triqui and yours are all dated Jan 29, 2016.

Perhaps wait a few days for a reply? If a few days have past and there is no news, please PM me and I'll let a developer know the situation. But I assure you that LD doesn't ignore PMs.

FashionFett
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I couldn't access him through PM, but it was my fault I think. I managed to do it later, I'll update as soon as I get an answer.
  • I would like to know if any Vader exploiters have been banned.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Mateosius wrote: »
    I would like to know if any Vader exploiters have been banned.

It won't happen. Numbers 1 and 2 are just there under the guise of "being tough". It's an idle threat that nobody is scared of. It's like when you were a kid and you were driving somewhere for vacation and you were being bad. They would say "don't make me turn this car around and go back home!", you knew they weren't going to. They can say they will ban people all they want, but really, option 3 is all they will do.

edited
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Mateosius
    245 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes it is. I haven't spent a fortune on this game like some people claim to have ... But the way things are going. I will be waiting before I drop more cash on this.

When I play a game I like I don't mind paying something readonable for my enjoyment. But if I see I'm getting shafted I usually leave.

Still I think there will be enough long term [] to keep this profitable. So it won't hatter they will do what they want .

It's like my agnoticism, I hope I'm wrong but yea it don't look too good...
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • HYDROCHRONIC
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016

edited

FashionFett.
  • HYDROCHRONIC
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    edit. double post. same as above
  • Any numbers or data on cheats dealt with? I'd sure like to find out what's happening to them.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    How do i contact the guy about cheating? If u guys need help because you are overwhelmed, i would gladly volunteer to help find cheaters
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • mamba wrote: »
    Sorry but can someone explain how people are cheating?

Thanks for saying that I've been wondering what are the parameters that they're using to say someone is cheating cuz I sure haven't seen any possible way of cheating
  • Lol "ban", "moving to cheater leaderboards"... I'm glad I read that, because so far I thought the policy on cheaters was "hey, let's gift these cool guys a 5* Vader!"
    Also, we miss LD in hoda. He took French leave :(
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I havent heard back from LD since I managed to contact him
  • yea, his profile says he hasn't been on since Jan 28. As a game designed to be played on a daily basis, I suppose its only normal that gamers would want somewhat daily responses as well.

Anyway, happy to keep waiting patiently for my reply from LD as well. It would be interesting to see the stats of what is being reported and how many people are being dealt with. Although its also possible that they players are just exploiting bugs and not 'cheating' (or is that the same thing?)...
  • I've read in Guild discussions from reliable sources that they are actually punishing people for cheating now so they are starting to deliver on what was promised.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'm happy to gear that. They should give publicity to their action, both as deterrent for other cheaters, and to placate those angry about the cheaters
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm happy to hear that. They should give publicity to their action, both as deterrent for other cheaters, and yo placate those angry about the cheaters
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    So no answer yet.

Has anybody been able to point a possible cheater since they made this change in policy?

I just did. Seemed to work fine. Don't use "@" before typing the CG and he's like 2nd or third down on the list.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Can someone explain how to contact LD?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Klocko wrote: »
    So no answer yet.

Has anybody been able to point a possible cheater since they made this change in policy?

I just did. Seemed to work fine. Don't use "@" before typing the CG and he's like 2nd or third down on the list.

That was my problem at the begining.

For what is worth, I got an answer yesterday, LD told me they are investigating the suspect account, which is all I wanted.
  • witch hunt! :sunglasses:, so this is where LD is, another one that jumped of the HODA boat.
  • Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    witch hunt! :sunglasses:, so this is where LD is, another one that jumped of the HODA boat.

CG is pretty small so if they want to have this game not crash and burn, they're going to have to pull most of the staff to this project I'd believe...
  • Kaat
    41 posts Member
    I've read in Guild discussions from reliable sources that they are actually punishing people for cheating now so they are starting to deliver on what was promised.

For? Cheating in arena? Or actual punishment for vader exploit?
  • Kaat wrote: »
    I've read in Guild discussions from reliable sources that they are actually punishing people for cheating now so they are starting to deliver on what was promised.

For? Cheating in arena? Or actual punishment for vader exploit?

I haven't heard much about the Vader exploit, but I have heard that cheaters have been reported and that they then disappeared from the Arena, so it was deduced that EA took care of it as those players were holding top PVP positions, so their absence was noticeable.

I have also scoured the web about this to see if there was any chatter about the punishment given and it would seem the bans are either permanent or temporary. How EA/CG determine punishment level is anybody's guess but most important....They are indeed doing something!!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Pretty happy to hear that.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Klocko wrote: »
    So no answer yet.

That was my problem at the begining.

For what is worth, I got an answer yesterday, LD told me they are investigating the suspect account, which is all I wanted.

I got an initial reply like you did, but never got a reply afterwards though so i don't know the results... did you?

...not to say its not possible to beat someone 10 levels and 10k power higher than you in arena, but to do so consistently i find quite frustrating. i would like to know for my sanity whether its my team or whether there was some exploit to beat it :/
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I didn't get an answer, but the suspect guy didn't move today in ranks. Dunno if related
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    They should do an update where player id #s are visible
  • I dont know what players are doing to cheat , but this game is rigged or somthing. There is know skill or character that allows for my oppoinents to attack me as many as 15 times before i ever get a chance to fire. And then when i finally do attack i may go 3/4 times if im lucky!! Before my oppoinent yet again they continue what seems like a non stop attack until all my characters are dead. Anybody else run into this? Im lvl 68 with 7, 6 and 5 star characters with the highest gear level until i reach lvl 70-74
  • BlackDarth wrote: »
    I dont know what players are doing to cheat , but this game is rigged or somthing. There is know skill or character that allows for my oppoinents to attack me as many as 15 times before i ever get a chance to fire. And then when i finally do attack i may go 3/4 times if im lucky!! Before my oppoinent yet again they continue what seems like a non stop attack until all my characters are dead. Anybody else run into this? Im lvl 68 with 7, 6 and 5 star characters with the highest gear level until i reach lvl 70-74

Poe/ Phasma/ droid synergies or some combinations of the above will ensure that they will have 10 or so turns before you can move. Its very common. Also, different characters have different speeds so you might just have very slow heroes
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hacker Spotted!! Player discretion advised, pictures may cause anguish or pain!

6893.jpg

6892.jpg

6891.jpg

Check the #1 guy. This guy comes out of nowhere today, has Sid on blue gears, 8k less power, 5*. See the health of Lumi, she is also definitely low stars and gears. No way he can be first in our server. He does not even have FOTP or Rey who can do one hit. I had got 2nd today, he got 3rd, didn't affect my reward but definitely hurt some player on 3rd. But after my time-zone 6 pm he beat me. I was surprised and since I had battles left I wanted to see his team and I see a noob hacker. He could not even wait to disguise by levelling his players first, or at least get Poe, since we know with Poe you can beat teams with higher SQ power.

I will report this to EA, but wanted to post in the forum as it will open the eyes of everyone who thinks there is no cheating.

Players like us spend our time farming and grinding toons to get #1 and hackers like this enable GOD mode and one shoot toon and get prizes, basically they are getting free money. Makes me sad who has spent $40 USD on this game. Will make me think twice before spending more.

@EA_Jesse @CG_LucifersDaddy
This discussion has been closed.