Prev13
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 2019
CHANGES HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: General Kenobi
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Tank, Galactic Republic, Jedi, Leader
Vigorous Jedi Tank who gains Foresight, dispels debuffs to grant buffs, and calls buffed allies to assist

ABILITIES:

Basic: Intuitive Strike
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 75% chance to grant Foresight for 2 turns to a random ally that doesn't have it. If all allies are buffed, deal double damage.

Special 1: The Negotiator (Cooldown 4)
FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs from all allies and grant them the opposite buffs, if any, for 2 turns. All allies that were not debuffed gain Retribution for 2 turns. General Kenobi gains 60% Turn Meter.

Special 2: Lead the Charge (Cooldown 4)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant a random other ally Offense Up for 2 turns. Call all other buffed allies to assist, dealing 30% less damage. Jedi Knight Anakin and Ahsoka Tano are not affected by this damage penalty.

Leader: 212th Attack Battalion Commander
FINAL TEXT: Jedi and Clone allies have +30% Max Health and +70% Defense. After a Jedi ally uses a team-healing Special ability, all other allies at full Health are called to assist, dealing 50% less damage. When a Clone ally uses a Special ability they gain a buff (Attacker: Advantage, Support: Stealth, Tank: Taunt) for 1 turn.

Unique: Soresu
FINAL TEXT (ZETA): At the end of his turn, General Kenobi has a 65% chance to gain Foresight for 2 turns.

Whenever another ally is critically hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn.
If all allies are Galactic Republic, General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn whenever another Galactic Republic ally loses any Protection Up.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Our guild is gathering up the shards already. Can't wait to try him when he's unlocked! I'm feeling that something like Kenobi (L), 5s, JKA, Barriss, Aalya would work really well.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • giphy.gif
  • ShewardN wrote: »
    Our guild is gathering up the shards already. Can't wait to try him when he's unlocked! I'm feeling that something like Kenobi (L), 5s, JKA, Barriss, Aalya would work really well.

I'm thinkg Ahsoka instead of Barris. More damage and a faster cooldown on her heal.
  • ShewardN wrote: »
    Our guild is gathering up the shards already. Can't wait to try him when he's unlocked! I'm feeling that something like Kenobi (L), 5s, JKA, Barriss, Aalya would work really well.

I'm thinkg Ahsoka instead of Barriss. More damage and a faster cooldown on her heal.
    I was thinking Ahsoka too, but having Barriss in the team makes it so much more harder to defeat. She's naturally tanky already but with Kenobi as lead she'll get 30% more health and 70% defence (and this majorly benefits the whole team, look at how tanky everyone already is), with her dispelling and gaining TM (which can make her faster and reduce the special heal). Plus the special heal gives defence up for 2 turns. You'll struggle defeating the characters for sure, your damage numbers will just be so low and they'll be doing massive heals every so often.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    ShewardN wrote: »

You would need B2, SF, or Plo Koon instead of Bariss or people would just use STH vs you.
  • Zooey wrote: »

You would need B2, SF, or Plo Koon instead of Bariss or people would just use STH vs you.

Or QGJ since he's a Jedi who can dispell.
  • Speaking of plo koon is he any good in new raid?i dont rly want to farm kit
    where is darth jar jar?
  • I can't wait to use him as a leader for my clones. I feel he might make them viable in Arena again.
  • And do you need some strategy to use an unbalanced hero like that?
  • Astrid1381 wrote: »
    Speaking of plo koon is he any good in new raid?i dont rly want to farm kit

Ive been using PK since b4 his rework & Im a big fan. Obviously hes your go-to for Teebo leads, but I use him against heavy 1st rounders because of his damage down ability. For defensive buffs, I prefer FOTrooper (partly cuz his speed down retaliation helpful) because he has more health & protect, but overall, PK is a utility guy who swings in & out of my Arena squad depending on what I need. His ship is awesome in SHIP battle btw, so for that reason alone, hes worth the farm.
  • Wonder how long before he is nerfed? They need to redo old Ben badly, after all same character just older.
  • Don't forget how if barris lands ur team to full health anyone who is full after a team heal gets to assist lol
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Don't forget how if barris lands ur team to full health anyone who is full after a team heal gets to assist lol

Using Bariss is pretty bad with him though because oftentimes you're actually preventing people from assisting by taking them down from full health.
  • He's ridiculous right now. With him and Bariss together, he becomes invincible. I wasted 5 teams against him in GW and still could not take him down. Even when I did take the team to just Kenobi, whenever I got a crit dmg he would heal to almost full health. The balance in this game is completely incompetent and stupid. I had a similar situation with the new overhaul on Boba Fett. After spending years and money on this game, the devs won't even take a moment to test their toons before releasing them? This game is quickly becoming stupid and a waste of time with this op ****.
  • Justin_Credible
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Exletion wrote: »
    He's ridiculous right now. With him and Bariss together, he becomes invincible. I wasted 5 teams against him in GW and still could not take him down. Even when I did take the team to just Kenobi, whenever I got a crit dmg he would heal to almost full health. The balance in this game is completely incompetent and ****. I had a similar situation with the new overhaul on Boba Fett. After spending years and money on this game, the devs won't even take a moment to test their toons before releasing them? This game is quickly becoming **** and a waste of time with this op ****.

Did you heard about Healing Immunity or Shock? All you need is plan carefully which toons to use in GW and think about synergy possibilities :wink:

Honestly, bariss and kenobi is only toons that can make jedi squads viable (which they deserves, cause they are JEDIS :smile: )
  • Exletion wrote: »
    He's ridiculous right now. With him and Bariss together, he becomes invincible. I wasted 5 teams against him in GW and still could not take him down. Even when I did take the team to just Kenobi, whenever I got a crit dmg he would heal to almost full health. The balance in this game is completely incompetent and ****. I had a similar situation with the new overhaul on Boba Fett. After spending years and money on this game, the devs won't even take a moment to test their toons before releasing them? This game is quickly becoming **** and a waste of time with this op ****.

Did you heard about Healing Immunity or Shock? All you need is plan carefully which toons to use in GW and think about synergy possibilities :wink:

Honestly, bariss and kenobi is only toons that can make jedi squads viable (which they deserves, cause they are JEDIS :smile: )

Jedi squads have been viable well before kenobi came and they're still viable without him. Its just that few people cared to think of a way to make it work because they went the safe route and just farmed wiggs instead.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited January 2017

It's not just the healing. If 555s is in the team he keeps tossing the taunt back and forth, he is ridiculously fast, his taunt for some reason cannot be broken, he severely punishes characters for landing any critical hits and after reading what each power is supposed to be doing there still seemed to be other things happing that made no sense. He is just way too overpowered right now to an infureraturing level. It should never be possible that a single toon at 5 stars can somehow over-power a normally weak character team to such a level that getting in any dmg with 5, fully geared, 5 star modded, level 85 toons, is almost impossible.

Also Bariss is a terrible toon; her heal may be large, but she does almost no dmg, her recharge is long, and she is slow. Her health would be a bonus if she taunted but she can't. Whenever I see her in a team, she is the last toon to take down; a throw away character. Jedi teams can be very strong in fact with Anakin etc. but this Kenobi inclusion is completely ****. Either his speed needs to be nerfed big time, or some weakness needs to be introduced to circumvent his op powers.

• Exletion wrote: »

It's not just the healing. If 555s is in the team he keeps tossing the taunt back and forth, he is ridiculously fast, his taunt for some reason cannot be broken, he severely punishes characters for landing any critical hits and after reading what each power is supposed to be doing there still seemed to be other things happing that made no sense. He is just way too overpowered right now to an infureraturing level. It should never be possible that a single toon at 5 stars can somehow over-power a normally weak character team to such a level that getting in any dmg with 5, fully geared, 5 star modded, level 85 toons, is almost impossible.

Also Bariss is a terrible toon; her heal may be large, but she does almost no dmg, her recharge is long, and she is slow. Her health would be a bonus if she taunted but she can't. Whenever I see her in a team, she is the last toon to take down; a throw away character. Jedi teams can be very strong in fact with Anakin etc. but this Kenobi inclusion is completely ****. Either his speed needs to be nerfed big time, or some weakness needs to be introduced to circumvent his op powers.

Ok, with zeta'd fives i believe it is very strong team indeed... But only fair comparison is when you take also zeta'd toons on the other team... For example vader zeta, maul zeta, palp, boba, etc. are typical counter-jedi toons. Also B2 spamming buff imunity helps a lot. I don't see a big problem here - unless you miss the right toons. And i like the fact, that arena can't be dominated by only 1 team (rex, sun fac, or wiggs)
  • Does Ahsoka's special activate the assist if the enemy target is below 50% health?
  • Does Ahsoka's special activate the assist if the enemy target is below 50% health?

No
  • [/i]

Ok, with zeta'd fives i believe it is very strong team indeed... But only fair comparison is when you take also zeta'd toons on the other team... For example vader zeta, maul zeta, palp, boba, etc. are typical counter-jedi toons. Also B2 spamming buff imunity helps a lot. I don't see a big problem here - unless you miss the right toons. And i like the fact, that arena can't be dominated by only 1 team (rex, sun fac, or wiggs)

Palp and Maul would get butchered before they even had a turn unless they had someone like Shoretrooper to take the taunt first. I don't see a team being more powerful then a team with Kenobi at full strength, fives, and bariss and with the inclusion of B2 on the same team, I think this team will become the pre-req team of the future. Almost unbeatable in my opinion, kind of the same way Ray and Red Guard or Phasma lead were a standard for quite a while before more counter measure toons were introduced/discovered, example wiggs. I also like the fact the arena should have a mash up of multiple different number 1 teams, but I don't see Kenobi adding to it, only being the new kid to take the hill.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    That was a fast kit touch-up / rework. I like GK's touch-up being pretty much the same with slight upgrade. He is one of the best tanks even after all the power creep to this day
  • Ultra wrote: »
    That was a fast kit touch-up / rework. I like GK's touch-up being pretty much the same with slight upgrade. He is one of the best tanks even after all the power creep to this day

Agreed - good touch ups that make him better with out sacrificing anything else.
  • Hi Kozi!
    Go Pens!
  • Zooey wrote: »

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I believe that Ahsoka's kit touch-up would dispel Stormtrooper Han's taunt and basically kill off your strategy.

~Morningfrost
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    So we need to zeta him to give us back his unique + the green text?

Unique: Soresu
    FINAL TEXT (ZETA): At the end of his turn, General Kenobi has a 65% chance to gain Foresight for 2 turns.
    Whenever another ally is critically hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn.
    If all allies are Galactic Republic, General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn whenever another Galactic Republic ally loses any Protection Up.

Or will an 8 slot be added?

As for the green text in zeta.. pretty limited scope, no doubt to avoid potential reworks. But limiting him to only a couple jedi synergies is kinda lame. Only 9 of 23 will have synergies and they are mostly useless jedi. At least he wasn't ruined. Yet..we'll see after launch.
  • Also I miss you @Kozispoon
  • check the thread people. it's an updated old post
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Wow this is a zeta. Pretty underwhelming. I'm going to give it a benefit of doubt and see if newer toons would make this worthwhile but currently its as good as BSF's foresight zeta
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Wow this is a zeta. Pretty underwhelming. I'm going to give it a benefit of doubt and see if newer toons would make this worthwhile but currently its as good as BSF's foresight zeta

Feeling like this will come into play in Tb