Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• I've definitely had a rough patch lately. As a newer player, it can be pretty difficult to go up against players that are literally as much as 20+ levels higher than me. It makes me feel like all of the time I spend playing this game and gearing up my characters just makes things more difficult for me. That's not how it should feel after trying hard to have the best characters possible. Nothing crits, everything is resisted, etc., while every stun, heal immunity, and ability lock lands on my toons. It's crazy.

This can start happening as early as node 6, but usually the problematic nodes are 9, 11 and 12. Sometimes 6, too. I'm able to complete it eventually, sometimes, by switching characters around so much that I can finally find a sequence of RNG rolls that lets me win. That's not at all fun to do, since it's no longer about playing my characters and using their abilities - it becomes about going through combinations over and over until I find a lucky one that lets me defeat opponents that are level 70-72 when I'm level 50 (that exact level disparity happened last week).
  • Stuck at node 6 today. Not that the devs give a rats **** about gw anymore. Usually I can at least get to 8 but haven't seen 12 in months let alone finished it.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • **** ********. ***** ********* ****!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I've noticed a big change last week when I've upgraded EP at gr 9 and QGJ gr 10. Only with those 2 characters, the GW became harder. It is now hard to complete whereas before it was really easy. I see now more maxed with good mods teams.
  • Hey CG just close this thread. You aren't paying attention and to have this thread up here is just insulting. Stop pretending to care by giving us a venting thread. You won't listen to your paying customers so what's the point of having this? To get a good laugh? It would be nice if one of you did your job and responded to the THOUSANDS of comments on here but hey...that's not what you guys are about is it?
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    **** ********. ***** ********* ****!

Lmao.
  • Skilz
    45 posts Member
    Hey, I've been posting here trying to get galactic wars fixed for months. No actions are taken and no response to the thousands of others frustrated with gw. Can you just close the thread if you don't care about your customers.
  • Skilz wrote: »
    Hey, I've been posting here trying to get galactic wars fixed for months. No actions are taken and no response to the thousands of others frustrated with gw. Can you just close the thread if you don't care about your customers.

200 pages of complaints.

When will ea respond?

Lol

Personally I like GW I beat it without even taking any damage the other day. Not a single hit full protection on all my toons to the end. U just need to know how to beat it.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Skilz wrote: »

200 pages of complaints.

When will ea respond?

Lol

Personally I like GW I beat it without even taking any damage the other day. Not a single hit full protection on all my toons to the end. U just need to know how to beat it.
    A lot of players don't have an expansive roster or started the game less than a year ago. I would suggest you making an account and testing it out yourself. My main account burns through GW in about 20-40 minutes with a slight chance to fail if I get 4 EP teams... but my alt account gets to only node 6 or 9. The teams are that much harder even if you "know how to play GW."
  • Anyone else starting to see their GWs filling up with Zeta teams in the later nodes? They are becoming increasingly hard for people without Zetas, sometimes taking 3 or 4 full teams to beat 1 maxed out Zeta team. If this trend continues (which it likely will) I foresee I will no longer be able to complete GW daily.

So far it's been 3 days in a row where I faced a Zeta team on node 11. I dread the day they start showing up on node 9 or even worse node 6.
  • I've seen QGJ Zeta team on Node 6 the past few days. It is becoming increasingly difficult. It will be quite a long time b4 I have strong enough teams to where I could sacrifice one to pass a node.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    People tend to spend when they have fun.

Can you figure out what they do when they feel like the game was a job they didn't want to do?

They either quit or keep on doing it, complaining about their bad job, lousy salary and horrible boss.

Here's a hint to EA/CG: The thread about GW is over 200 pages already. It's not okay.
  • 1st day was Barriss Zeta which was ridiculously difficult
    2nd day Qui-Gonn Jinn Zeta
    Today was Vader Zeta

Definitely a trend.
  • Faced a qgj zeta that was actually not bad, the maul one yesterday drove me nuts until i got good rng and big papa palp went 1v2 against full protect sun fac and maul. He took them both out and ended the node in style.
  • Bariss zeta is horrible
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Just a tip, if you face QGJ zeta lead, Magmatrooper and TFP both rid the entire team of foresight with their basic attacks. No idea why TFP does it but it's one of the few things MT has going for him.
  • Just fyi, if anyone is interested.

If at all possible in GW, Kill the zeta character with one team. The next match it will not appear. Same with Leadership abilities in GW. If you knock out the leader the next character will fall into that spot and change their synergy.

And yeah, zeta barriss is a nightmare.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!

If at all possible in GW, Kill the zeta character with one team. The next match it will not appear. Same with Leadership abilities in GW. If you knock out the leader the next character will fall into that spot and change their synergy.

I couldn't even attack Barriss until my 3rd team because either General Kenobi, Baze Malbus, or Fives always had a taunt and with the anti-crit buff & hots you might as well be doing no damage at all with AOEs.

I couldn't even attack Barriss until my 3rd team because either General Kenobi, Baze Malbus, or Fives always had a taunt and with the anti-crit buff & hots you might as well be doing no damage at all with AOEs.

Hmmmm ... could it be that the devs are pushing the players to consider using Offense Mods instead of Crit mods?
  • Why even bother having this forum if EA doesn't even bother replying? A conversation involves two parties. This is all one sided.
  • dstelma wrote: »
    Why even bother having this forum if EA doesn't even bother replying? A conversation involves two parties. This is all one sided.

Not true. We have the trolls that come in and say they can beat it every time even with not getting struck some times lol.

• Nothing is being done. They eased GW up a few patches ago (this was several months ago and they had GW agreeable to most people finally) then proceeded to reverse that change and have now made it worse than ever. Fully maxed and sick modded Wiggs, droids, Palp empire teams on nodes 9, 11,12 of course... but now you can get them pretty much anywhere past node 6. It's ridiculous. Not sure how they expect F2P players to be able to cope with top notch Beirut (Baze/Chirrut) teams or any of the other shiny new baubles. I've had teams on hard nodes override some of my toons that had turn meter built up which is absolutely ridiculous.

It's not fun anymore and it's become a chore. Unfortunately GW is the only reliable source of resources for most people. The only thing we can do to change it is vote with our wallets. Turn the tables. They are making it difficult because leadership believes a harder GW translates to more $$$.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    dstelma wrote: »
    Why even bother having this forum if EA doesn't even bother replying? A conversation involves two parties. This is all one sided.

Not true. We have the trolls that come in and say they can beat it every time even with not getting struck some times lol.

I think they might actually be telling the truth. Given how reliably I have too hard nodes I suspect that someone else must be getting all my easy nodes.

Also another day with no gw completion.... Probably will make it to 4 months without completing...
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »

I think they might actually be telling the truth. Given how reliably I have too hard nodes I suspect that someone else must be getting all my easy nodes.

Also another day with no gw completion.... Probably will make it to 4 months without completing...

4 months, forreal?
    Who do you use?
  • Another day where it's impossible to beat GW. Spent over an hour tinkering and didn't get close. I made the absolutely **** decision to play Jedi in a Star Wars game, and then I made the even more **** decision to try hard and keep them completely maxed out in gear for what their level allows. GW just gets harder and harder because of it.

Why is GW based on your power instead of your level?? I'm facing 70+ lvl opponents when I'm in my 50s. Why am I punished for doing what I'm supposed to do - work hard to improve my characters. Instead of being rewarded for that, I end up against impossible enemies almost every day. Lvl 57 Jedi vs lvl 70 sidious and dooku, both very anti Jedi and much higher level)? Why is it always sidious and dooku??
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I could complete GW everyday with Wigglo when I had only one gear 10. I'm lvl 85. Since I have 4 gear 10 (Lando, GS, STHan and QGJ), I fail everyday. I do not have good speed mods, I do not pay a lot. Today, I had difficulties to reach node 12, facing fast Droids and EP, the last node was :
    * EP (L) speed 212
    * Vader speed 180
    * RG
    * Sun Fac
    * ShT

All gr 10-11 and lvl 85. I could only kill ShT. EP speed 212 did the rest. My fastest toon without ability increase is JKA (168). I have 4 gr 10 and only 9 gr 9.
  • @BulYwif

try to farm health mods at mod challenges for some good speed secondaries. Good mods with speed secondaries help you in GW, Arena, Raids and even in ships. Only upgrade mods with a speed secondary at lvl 1.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    @BulYwif

try to farm health mods at mod challenges for some good speed secondaries. Good mods with speed secondaries help you in GW, Arena, Raids and even in ships. Only upgrade mods with a speed secondary at lvl 1.

OK, good tip.
  • Okay so on Baze. Even when he's frozen he regenerates health ****. GW is so Fing unfair it's not even fun. There is NO way to defeat the ****'r. EA your a bunch of sorry S O B's.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Kyleslater wrote: »

I for one am telling the truth. I would never say that GW doesn't have the potential to stop me whenever it wants, but it hasn't for a good long while. Yesterday I hit my first Chaze node on N11 with IGD lead, Aayla, and QGJ; you simply can't hit anyone without getting countered. It was a tough fight, but beatable with TM loaded heroes.
    However, there may be some who troll this thread just to stir the pot ...
    Okay so on Baze. Even when he's frozen he regenerates health ****. GW is so Fing unfair it's not even fun. There is NO way to defeat the ****'r. EA your a bunch of sorry S O B's.

Dude, are you absolutely sure that you can't beat GW? You've been complaining about this for a long time. You have 70 7* and 19 gX or better. Plus, you've beaten 4066 GW battles. I'll bet you beat the GW more often than not. Anyhow, hope your mod game is improving.
    dFPMczL.png