Something needs to be done with HoTs/DoTs

Prev1
It's starting to get very difficult to see the opponents H/P and TM bars with how these HoTs & DoTs stack visually. Is there a way we can just overlay them with just a number?
GwDLccR.png

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    agreed.
    I wouldnt mind a complete overhaul actually, even without that many (de)buffs it's not displayed user friendly imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Maybe only have 1 icon per buff and just have a little number in the corner of each one saying how many there are?
  • Dyha
    37 posts Member
    Guess which team wins! ;)
  • Tohu
    81 posts Member
    Boba will oneshot baze and vader will oneshot kenobi...
  • Maybe only have 1 icon per buff and just have a little number in the corner of each one saying how many there are?

+ 1 Great idea
    Perfect!
  • Dyha wrote: »
    Guess which team wins! ;)

Well it's Boba's turn, so I assume there's about to be an execution lol.
  • Come on CG's
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Its not just the visual effect of it (which is bad), it literally blocks the view of important buffs or debuffs (e.g. I want to know if biggs is shocked before doing an aoe... or if Fives is dazed... with this layout, sometimes this is just impossible to check).

Agreed OP
  • Just use one icon per buff/debuff and put a number on it, signifying how many.

Sorted.
  • +1 so much agree
  • but leave it as-is for the Rancor
    (I'm half serious.

ok I'm 100% serious.)
  • Agreed, this along with Maul's Daze needs an immediate fix.
  • Maybe they could have a toons health, tm bar and any buffs/debuffs take visual priority when you select a toon. That is, other ones fade out or whatever.
    They could maybe even have miniature icons in the top right section, along with the selected enemy's health and protection amounts.
  • i would miss the tons of jawa-bombs on AAT tank, but yeah, i agree ... 1 icon per buff + number would be great ... also buff + its debuff should be shown both, when in case both are working/counting (attack power up+down, speed up + down ... the buff hides the debuff, but the debuff is still working)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • +1: simply adding a number.
    BowTieJedi
  • Total agreement. For the ships too. Numbers by the buff is great - how ever, the ability to tilt and pan the camera like 20 degrees is a second fix, and would make it easier for some of us giants playing this game to target easier..................... thank you!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I didn't even realise churrit was there for a while... he just blended into the background. I only knoticed from the over stacked buff/debuff on the right side of the pic
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    I didn't even realise churrit was there for a while... he just blended into the background. I only knoticed from the over stacked buff/debuff on the right side of the pic

That's not even as bad as it gets, it's just the only screen I had on my phone. It gets much worse when the 5th toon (in this case Wedge) is still there.
  • At the very least it would be nice if we could see the opponents TM in the upper right hand side of the screen along with their HP and Protection.
  • I'll +1 on overlaying with a # or something. We definitely need the screen cleaned up because we lose vital information. Half the time I can't tell which toon is ability or buff blocked. I need to know this so I don't attack them!
  • #HSWhaleProblems
  • If I'm not mistaken there was a video interview pre-GK release, with either John or Jesse (honestly don't remember), where they addressed this topic specifically. It was exactly that, the symbol with an integer supplementing it. So I would assume it's been, and being, worked on.

I wish I remember which video it was, but it was a General Kenobi preview situation and they did a Q&A toward the end of the video. They also addressed Boba-buff before the Boba-buff so that's a good sign.
  • Jeez, I'd love to "Execute" that toon!
  • K_G0sling wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken there was a video interview pre-GK release, with either John or Jesse (honestly don't remember), where they addressed this topic specifically. It was exactly that, the symbol with an integer supplementing it. So I would assume it's been, and being, worked on.

I wish I remember which video it was, but it was a General Kenobi preview situation and they did a Q&A toward the end of the video. They also addressed Boba-buff before the Boba-buff so that's a good sign.

This is good to hear, and a wise choice for an update.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • K_G0sling wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken there was a video interview pre-GK release, with either John or Jesse (honestly don't remember), where they addressed this topic specifically. It was exactly that, the symbol with an integer supplementing it. So I would assume it's been, and being, worked on.

I'm actually pretty sure I know which podcast you're talking about. I remember them talking about the Boba buff but I don't remember the buff display talks. It was early November I think. I'll go back and try to find it.
  • I was able to take an even better screen. Somebody tell me the status of Chirrut, because I have no idea.
    w4SZmPV.png
  • A good fix would be to bring all status effects, health, and turn meter to the front when touching the toon.
  • chirrut is top line of buffs. 3rd line has buffs and debuffs for wiggs.