QGJ making me rethink my starting 5

Replies

• Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Okay he is at 126 for speed currently. So I will keep working on him thanks. I was hoping QGJ was as good for damage as GS for his replacement. Or run them together with Lumi, Poe, Sid.

I use Maul/Jc in that 5Th slot currently. I tried my 3* FOTP but he is so squishy.

Your thoughts?
  • I'm doing fine with Poe at 4* but might be better with 5-6*. I would push a bit more if the server is a bit older.
    Subscribe for Daily Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Content: www.youtube.com/GorillaRaveGames
  • My 4* poe team beats 7* poe teams if he wins rng. And I happened to have "seen" a 7* poe team lose against my 4* poe team controlled by ai. Basically because the 7* poe team was only person not idle in one hour before my time zone reset besides me and I had the error message that I was being attacked, didn't lose afterwards I noted. Then for the next hour no one moved up besides the 7* poe team.

Anyway, long story short, 4* poe team can be effectively used, depending on factors :)
  • Niemsco wrote: »
    Niemsco wrote: »
    If you are starting from scratch, I would focus on getting a strong arena squad first, and would therefore keep grinding Poe. Qgj starting from scratch as ftp, will take a long time, so I think you are probably better served focusing on the team you've been building. If you don't mind switching focus, then yes qgj is good. I have qgj at 7* as lead with 2 Jedi, it does ok.

Hey ur from my server lol I always see you in the #1 spot

good to see some peeps from the same server. Feel free to add me 176-994-547

Thx bro that qui gon for sure would be helpful
  • POE 5* is decent

U want gear to max out his speed

If u already clear GW n decent arena rank

QGJ adds utility and dps once u max him.

Dispel taunt offense buff is great!
  • Thanks on reply. Would skip Poggle would prefer one hitter or stunner/healer cause qgj can give you offensive buff
    Sid Poe QGJ Rey and one more, hmmmm.

Fotp and Leia would be perfect but I have those at low stars.

So undecided for last spot.
    Phasma
    Kylo
    Lumi
    Dooku
    GS
    IG 86
    IG 88
    Daka

Each of those bring something to the table
  • I honestly like daka, for the heal and potential stuns.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Go with Lumi. Heal and she hits hard.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'd go with GS, and try to kill as much as possible during Poe's first turn
  • I'd go with gs on 4th spot and then maybe Sid or phasma (for leader)
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Phasma gives turnmeter for a 2nd round and positive stat (in case you didnt get it at 1st turn). It fits well
  • I'm building the same team. My top picks are: Phasma, Lumi, GS, Dooku and Luke.

Pretty sure I'll be running GS for sure.

Luke as leader, I know he seems odd, but Pie and Rey get a massive boost from tenacity.

Lumi if I want to use QGJ as lead.

Phasma for a ton of extra attacks

Dooku potentially instead of GS
  • My arena team is Poe 6* Sid 7* lumi 7* Rey half way to 6 qui gon 6* it's pretty savage and only gets better as I level up and gear I'm only level 63 and I've held the top spot 3 times. I would look at replacing lumi with first order ti pilot if he was high stars but basically anyone can go here and you will wreck ****
  • Anybody else notice that Qui-gon's abilities keep changing?

Just before he was added to cantina shipments, Harmonious Assault gave the second attacker +75% damage and Agility Training was (I think) +12 speed.

Shortly after Harmonious Assault gave no damage bonus and Agility Training gave +10 speed. A few days ago HA gave 50% Dmg bonus and AG was +17 speed.

Today it's back to HA no damage bonus and AG +10 speed.

Either I'm smoking crack or the dev's are really working to get him balanced now that he's farmable.
  • HA gives 75% at level 6, and his leader ability always started at base 10 speed I thought. Level 3 is where you are at 17 speed on it.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I think it may be a visualization error? Sometimes the lv1 description of an ability isn't really what the ability does at lv1, but rather what it will do later on. So when you start upgrading it, it looks like stuff disappears from the ability.
  • Visualization error makes sence. I haven't unlocked him yet. 10 shards away. Just started checking after I noticed the discrepancy the first time. I thought it was odd that they kept nerfing and buffing him back and forth when he's still not that common in SA and GW. Thanks for clearing that up!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    You're welcome :) I've used QGJ daily and can't report any odd behaviour. Other than that his lightsaber is huge. I mean, it's really big. Should it be that long?
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    You're welcome :) I've used QGJ daily and can't report any odd behaviour. Other than that his lightsaber is huge. I mean, it's really big. Should it be that long?

He has big feet. Big feet....big lightsaber. Poor Mace has saber envy.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »

Lol, its very distracting..
  • So, I just got QGJ from Cantina and will most likely at the a shipment a day rate I have been going at will have him 4* in 2 weeks. I plan to have him purple geared in 2 days at the most, his abilities from top to bottom if your looking at his skills are 4,5,5,3. Now back to the question is he worth the investment, there's a lot of hype about Yoda and stuff but I am curious as to the current meta will change and render QGJ useless. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • The only way he will be useless is if he is nerfed. Top 3 character. Worth it for almost any team build, unless you're going droids or tanky
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    The only way he will be useless is if he is nerfed. Top 3 character. Worth it for almost any team build, unless you're going droids or tanky

I have a plan to get him to work with my droids :naughty::relaxed:
  • I'd rather focus on hype of a character in the game, rather than wait for one that is not. And will most likely be a pay to have character after they are released to cash in on the money from the hype before they give him a node.

Seeing as though no one knows what the next meta will be trying to speculate as to whether or not it will make QGJ worthless will do your head in. He is a worthy addition to a lot of different team types as it sits currently and is definitely worth building. I use mine for every GW battle, have him on my top 20 arena team, and use him in all the LS missions. Mine is 4* gear 7 currently and I plan to start farming him in cantina tomorrow. 4/5/5/4 on the skills. Probably 4/5/5/5 tomorrow. I can definitely say he's become my favorite little project.
  • I'd rather focus on hype of a character in the game, rather than wait for one that is not. And will most likely be a pay to have character after they are released to cash in on the money from the hype before they give him a node.

Seeing as though no one knows what the next meta will be trying to speculate as to whether or not it will make QGJ worthless will do your head in. He is a worthy addition to a lot of different team types as it sits currently and is definitely worth building. I use mine for every GW battle, have him on my top 20 arena team, and use him in all the LS missions. Mine is 4* gear 7 currently and I plan to start farming him in cantina tomorrow. 4/5/5/4 on the skills. Probably 4/5/5/5 tomorrow. I can definitely say he's become my favorite little project.

Aight thanks for the help!
  • Yes he is, he was my first toon to level at 60, and 70.. And I have never had regrets.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    At what star level does he become worth using? I am farming him to replace Dooku on my crit team.
  • Sucks that he unlocks at 2 star.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Sucks that he unlocks at 2 star.

Same number of shards either way.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Does QGJ help your droid team?