Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• It's not that I can't beat it. It's that they put unbeatable teams on there. You all make my point. With my team there should not be a team that can't be beaten. So since they put them on there, there is an ISSUE! There is a difference between challenging and unbeatable. Most days I don't complain. But when I can't win. You're F'n right I'm going to complain.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    It's not that I can't beat it. It's that they put unbeatable teams on there.

This comment made me lol!
  • Galactic War is unbalanced. One Day node 6 is beatable and another day I have to play all my secondary units and sometimes still cannot beat it. I am not finishing Galactic War very often and in fact hardly play it for this reason. Has anybody else kind of given up on it?
  • Galactic War is unbalanced. One Day node 6 is beatable and another day I have to play all my secondary units and sometimes still cannot beat it. I am not finishing Galactic War very often and in fact hardly play it for this reason. Has anybody else kind of given up on it?

I have been really lucky in gw & enjoy doing it. I don't doubt that some people get appropriately difficult teams to play against while others get stonewalled by unbeatable ones though. I got a friend into the game & he has had crap luck with gw since he started.
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    dstelma wrote: »
    Why even bother having this forum if EA doesn't even bother replying? A conversation involves two parties. This is all one sided.

Not true. We have the trolls that come in and say they can beat it every time even with not getting struck some times lol.

I think they might actually be telling the truth. Given how reliably I have too hard nodes I suspect that someone else must be getting all my easy nodes.

Also another day with no gw completion.... Probably will make it to 4 months without completing...

4 months, forreal?
    Who do you use?

If I make it two more weeks. Yeah it will be 4 months. My top 5 are jinn, mace, gsoldier, luminari,sth which does not make a very good team. If I had known what I know now... I'd probably have put the gear on 5 attackers rather than then primarily tanks.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.

I have been really lucky in gw & enjoy doing it. I don't doubt that some people get appropriately difficult teams to play against while others get stonewalled by unbeatable ones though. I got a friend into the game & he has had **** luck with gw since he started.

That's the annoying part... I don't mind a few hard days... But every single day? I'd like to see a complete newb day once in a while so I can kill it once in a blue moon...
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Why even bother having this forum if EA doesn't even bother replying? A conversation involves two parties. This is all one sided.

Not true. We have the trolls that come in and say they can beat it every time even with not getting struck some times lol.

I think they might actually be telling the truth. Given how reliably I have too hard nodes I suspect that someone else must be getting all my easy nodes.

Also another day with no gw completion.... Probably will make it to 4 months without completing...

4 months, forreal?
    Who do you use?

If I make it two more weeks. Yeah it will be 4 months. My top 5 are jinn, mace, gsoldier, luminari,sth which does not make a very good team. If I had known what I know now... I'd probably have put the gear on 5 attackers rather than then primarily tanks.

Yeah, you're issue is probably your power rating that the system is calculating is not really reflective of your roster. If you have tanks geared up (ie. Mace, ST Han, RG) then its making your power large, but those guys are NOT DPS characters.

Whereas players who have highly geared Wiggs don't register nearly as high of a power rating but those guys hit like mack trucks!

I remember really early on winning GW primarily with an Ewok team, plus Leia. That team did NOT register a high power rating, but their synergy was so good that they could beat a lot of opponents that had decent power ratings in GW without too much trouble.

Nowadays, I just run Palpy led teams and they just stun and debuff for days and make GW routine.
  • Bloody hell, last node of GW took me more than 2 hours, i had to use my A,B,C,D, E and F team in many different combinations, each team taking out 1 of their characters and sometimes 2 of my teams to take out 1 Character. Zeta Vader, RG, Shoretrooper, Baze and Barriss, all maxed. Hitting them only healed them most of the time.
  • KyloRey wrote: »

4 months, forreal?
    Who do you use?

Yeah, you're issue is probably your power rating that the system is calculating is not really reflective of your roster. If you have tanks geared up (ie. Mace, ST Han, RG) then its making your power large, but those guys are NOT DPS characters.

Whereas players who have highly geared Wiggs don't register nearly as high of a power rating but those guys hit like mack trucks!

I remember really early on winning GW primarily with an Ewok team, plus Leia. That team did NOT register a high power rating, but their synergy was so good that they could beat a lot of opponents that had decent power ratings in GW without too much trouble.

Nowadays, I just run Palpy led teams and they just stun and debuff for days and make GW routine.

When Palp and RG land their stuns it's just the best. Add in Vader with his crazy special and it's awesome. Sometimes, though, they don't land a single stun... Then it sucks.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    KyloRey wrote: »

4 months, forreal?
    Who do you use?

When Palp and RG land their stuns it's just the best. Add in Vader with his crazy special and it's awesome. Sometimes, though, they don't land a single stun... Then it sucks.

When you have a fast EP, I agree with you, but mine is for now only 146. Last time, he gets exploded by a fast droid team on node 6 without I had time to retreat.
  • On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging.

I have not completed a daily Galactic War since the update(s). It's now stupidly hard to get halfway and when you do the AI opponent will pull dodges/deflections and have multiple counterattacks even when no character in the group has the counterattack ability.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    join the dark side, vader lead zeta, palp, maul, shore and tie pilot do my easy nodes. maul goes on a roll killing jedis one by one 100% tm gain on kill, mops up pretty quickly. i'll upload a vid tomorrow.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    When you have a fast EP, I agree with you, but mine is for now only 146. Last time, he gets exploded by a fast droid team on node 6 without I had time to retreat.

@BulYwif If you see bad things happening and you won't be able to retreat, minimize the app (which pauses the game), then close the app. Restart app, it will be as if you hadn't started the battle. (Note: I use Android, IOS may differ)
  • @BulYwif If you see bad things happening and you won't be able to retreat, minimize the app (which pauses the game), then close the app. Restart app, it will be as if you hadn't started the battle. (Note: I use Android, IOS may differ)

Nice tip. I'll have to try to keep that in mind. Usually though I'm in shock and stuck watching the bad happen. ;-)

• KyloRey wrote: »

4 months, forreal?
    Who do you use?

I believe you are correct. I wish I had known that before I spent so much cash on gear for jinn/mace/rg/luminari. Pretty much I did pay to lose. Now the problem is to get gear on some low rating toons and move them past my current top 5 to make gw work again. Possibly... This may be why some have it stupid easy and others it's impossible for.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Traybor wrote: »
    @BulYwif If you see bad things happening and you won't be able to retreat, minimize the app (which pauses the game), then close the app. Restart app, it will be as if you hadn't started the battle. (Note: I use Android, IOS may differ)

Nice tip. I'll have to try to keep that in mind. Usually though I'm in shock and stuck watching the bad happen. ;-)

works for any part of the game including raids arena battles etc.
  • Just got zeta barriss, gk, aayla, jka and 5's as my last node.
    I'm ftp and had lost one toon before this node and I cannot damage any of them with any toons, if I critical hit they gain more health than damage.
    Node is too hard if I can't damage any of the toons with a full roster.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • More evidence that power creep is killing the enjoyment of the game. There isn't any reason why the most powerful teams that exist, and that less than 1% of players have, should be showing up in GW. GW is taking so much longer now to complete, it isn't fun, it's painful.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Video, as promised!

14 min total for GW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DX4zxmVc80&feature=youtu.be

all finished with full health
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    @djvita Nice video, I think you can complete every GW. With a roster like you, I think I could also.

Today, I faced Boba lead, RG, Palp, Vader and QGJ. Was almost ok, I could complete but Boba revive should really be LIMITED. He revives 8 times ! And with Zeta, it's like having 8 more toons to fight ( was not zeta'd).
  • Make node 9 easier and prevent some repeating, it is not funny if yiu hae 3 times in row wigs combo with no power to beat 3rd combo and continue.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    BulYwif wrote: »
    @djvita Nice video, I think you can complete every GW. With a roster like you, I think I could also.

Today, I faced Boba lead, RG, Palp, Vader and QGJ. Was almost ok, I could complete but Boba revive should really be LIMITED. He revives 8 times ! And with Zeta, it's like having 8 more toons to fight ( was not zeta'd).
    Boba can only revive when he has his bounty hunters resolve buff, which after the first time you kill him requires him to kill one of your characters to get back.
    To revive 8 times he'd have to kill 7 of your characters, each one after reviving himself.
    (Which implies that fight was not going your way in the first place)
    Always leave Boba until last unless AOE attacks reduce him to low health, at ehich point you need to quickly kill him twice
  • Really wish EA gives newer players with better chance to clear GW... It is annoying not being able to clear GW for months.
  • Are the shields (protection) ever going to actually get fixed to where it regenerates or are you guys hoping no one ever read the part that said it would regenerate in-between battles?
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • rogue555 wrote: »
    Really wish EA gives newer players with better chance to clear GW... It is annoying not being able to clear GW for months.
    No kidding. Or at least a bit of a warning on how it works.. I would have geared up different toons if I had known what I know now. But it looks like it will be another two months if I am lucky to get some dps geared up enough to get past my tank/healer top 5 I have now.
  • So NODE 6 is a full 85 fully geared and modded Wiggs lando HST Akbar team. What the H!!! This is a node 11 or 12 team not a Node. W. T. F. EA. Are you really trying to finish the players off. Do you seriously want us to quit. I think you do. And if I can beat GW today because of yalls ignorance and lack of concern for your customers/players. I will be gone. Wow y'all are either stupid or just mean uncaring fools.
  • Okay so my B and C team taken out on NODE 6. So NODE 9. All 85 full mods and gear (maxed) Wiggs Lando STH and Ani. So all my teams are gonna be gone by the time I get to even 11. All you trolls are full of Cr ap. EA is screwing us.
  • You guys just want things to be put on a plate for you. It's not easy but it's not impossible. Just build your roster and toons and soon you will auto it. Lol

Spoken like a true troll / 1%'r
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    You guys just want things to be put on a plate for you. It's not easy but it's not impossible. Just build your roster and toons and soon you will auto it. Lol

Spoken like a true troll / 1%'r

I feel you man. I used to have friends that played this game and they quit because they could never finish GW. I'd have to watch the frustration every day as they sat there on the couch banging their heads against the wall trying over and over to beat it. The game should be fun, not terribly frustrating and finishing GW is needed to progress further in the game.