Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    What star and gear level are your toons? And how deep is your roster?

My main team right now is

Luminara 6* VII
    Sid 7* VII
    JC 5* VIII
    GS 4* VIII

and I use Dooku/Poe depending on the enemy team. All are lvl 60. I have fallen a little bit behind over the last week or so unlocking poggle, assaj and daka and pouring resources into them but it still doesnt change the drastic increase in gw opponent strength. I am wasting tons of time trying to get through these teams with minimum casualty but it just does not happen; I am not powerful enough to overcome a massive debuff discrepancy and no amount of retreating can change that. Depth has fallen off to where my C team are now one hit fodder and my B team cant defeat any enemy past the first three nodes.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Sooo, EA/CG, what is the story behind the recent drastic changes to GW? Why is it that that difficulty has shifted from opponents in the last few nodes being a bit more powerful than your best 5, to several opponents starting at node four that simply curbstomp your top five after blowing their specials using a suicide squad? Why do I get the feeling this change to retreat is meant to erase your A squad without being able to replace one or two fallen members? Why is there no explanation anywhere as to how opponents are selected? It would be kind of convenient to be able to know how we should tailor our team to maximize gw success, since it would probably come at the expense of arena success but at least we could make a choice not shrouded by mystery.

Personally im tired of explaining this and im sure others are as well. To answer your question ("whats the story behind the recent drastic changes") before the incessant ranting and pointless screenshots.
    The answer is, if you are having issue, its working CORRECTLY.
    Yes, i said correctly. You could have just read any if the other millions of the "i cant beat GW now" "its too hard" "no fair no fair" threads but chose to start another.
    Go find where the devs answered you question BEFORE you asked it for a full explination but the short answer is as i said. Its working correctly, its endgame content, its supposed to be had, and your not supposed to be able to beat it every day.
  • Robbathehutt
    1048 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    None of those teams looks particularly unbeatable. Use pawns and have a decent B & C team you should be fine. Also changing your target and/or ability you use will change who the AI attacks and what abilities they use so you can play some trial and error as well until you get a good outcome.
  • After you get wiped, your opponents may get easier. If you don't have any backup toons, then you might be in trouble.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Hit the "gear" or options icon in the top left corner of the screen when it's your round and you have the option to retreat.

Thank you for that information because it really gets upsetting when you're in a galactic war they shoot first and you lose two of your players you don't want to sacrifice your other three cuz a really good so its nice to know you can retreat you're awesome
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    #toxicity
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    thanks @EA_Jesse. all these gw posts are an eyesore since they clog the landing page on general discussions
    mighty chlorians
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I am at level 69 and faced this huge enemy today:

yNwYtUi.jpg

Of course it was a 2 squad battle. I got my entire B squad dead in order to make some damage, but no kills. The worse part was choose the 1st target lol
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Hmm, hardest was QGJ, FOTP, Leia, Poe,Sidious. Beat them by sending in goon squad, wasted a few enemy specials and Poe taunt.

2nd hardest surprise squad, dooku, 5s, Kylo, poggle, phasma(leader). <- this squad gave me a hard time, even more than squad above, squad above is squishy post Poe taunt. This squad here is a multi attack, counter attack, Tank chars with poggle thrown in for good measure. Poggle buffs and ability blocks, phasma buffs, dooku stuns and dookus, 5s counters and assists. I beat em, but honestly was most unforgiving. The stuns, counter attacks, poggle, I wanted to chuck my phone.
  • Natok205 wrote: »
    2nd hardest surprise squad, dooku, 5s, Kylo, poggle, phasma(leader)

Very interesting formation. 3 counters, 3 tanks, all 5 debuffers and 2 buffers, a lot of extra attacks. Just one squishy, but Dooku fully upgraded is a pain in the ***.

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Not the hardest but definitely the most annoying given that it is only turn 9 and I'm expecting crazier teams for turns 10-12

http://m.imgur.com/mOaaoK0
  • Why am i facing 64s at level 57?
  • Because we all got together and decided you have potential, so we wanted to challenge you.
    Why am i facing 64s at level 57?

Good luck son. It'll build character.

There are no reasons we can give you really. We could say it's random, it's dependent on the average power of your highest leveled heroes, it's dependent on the avg power of all your heroes, or it's dependent on similar pvp power of your Arena squad. All or none could be factors.

Best strategy I can say is to continue gearing your heroes. Slowly gain levels. Being level 50-65 is long and at times rough. You will also gain greater strategy and squad formation when playing against stronger enemies in missions. But gearing and leveling should be your priority.

Galatic Wars is a good place to test your entire squad. Use it as a testing grounds. Go as far as you can. When you face tougher opponents and face them head-on, it's normal not to go beyond 60% of the war.

I wish I can say everyone finishes the war everyday. But the challenge is to go as far as you can given the time, investment, and energy you put into the game. It's not a bad thing to get as far as you did.

• Because we all got together and decided you have potential, so we wanted to challenge you.
    Why am i facing 64s at level 57?

Good luck son. It'll build character.

This made me laugh

There are no reasons we can give you really. We could say it's random, it's dependent on the average power of your highest leveled heroes, it's dependent on the avg power of all your heroes, or it's dependent on similar pvp power of your Arena squad. All or none could be factors.

Best strategy I can say is to continue gearing your heroes. Slowly gain levels. Being level 50-65 is long and at times rough. You will also gain greater strategy and squad formation when playing against stronger enemies in missions. But gearing and leveling should be your priority.

Galatic Wars is a good place to test your entire squad. Use it as a testing grounds. Go as far as you can. When you face tougher opponents and face them head-on, it's normal not to go beyond 60% of the war.

I wish I can say everyone finishes the war everyday. But the challenge is to go as far as you can given the time, investment, and energy you put into the game. It's not a bad thing to get as far as you did.

Yeah its the first time this has happened yesterday my last level was 60s and i thought wow im movin up i gain a level and they smack the **** out of me i just wasnt expecting it
  • Every time someone creates a new GW thread

The force kills a youngling

Please think of the younglings

Everyone's experience is different based on their own gear level relative to other people on their server

for those people who are the big and the medium sized fish in the pond. Of cos it's going to be easy for you,

It will be an ardious experience for the smaller fish in the pond.

not being able to get arena rank and clear gw consistently will make their gear lag even further than they already are.

Cleared that one up nicely, thanks FF :smile: