Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Well I finish. I have a DEEP roster. Ive made MOD changes as encouraged. But now, trolls saying have a deeper roster, that's bull. Most players DONT HAVE the news toons that are being brought into the game. Once again these are only accessible to the top teir players. Who are also the same players who can get gear needed to max up. So regular joe blow player is stuck with old toons that CANT match up or take out the new guys. So regular players are kicked down again. And you have the top guys laughing and being bullies because they can buy everything or I believe some work or know developers and are cheating. But that's my belief. This is the worst I've ever seen the game. And I'm about 2 shakes of a sheeps tail to taking my money else where.
  • Well, I have a bad roster as I am ftp since June, had my hard times but now I complete 9/10 days, simply get a couple of good teams and play with your toons, out the most effective, I run a rebel team and an old ben team but most importantly, by the 5th node I have 15 toons that have some Turn Meter on them, how many of you whiners have that? Or you just rock up to node 11 with the same 5 toons, it's ment to be challenging and it is, if you're having so much trouble, you are doing something wrong, like teams with no sinergy, you don't fill turn meters in advance, etc, etc
  • TofuMao wrote: »
    Well, I have a bad roster as I am ftp since June, had my hard times but now I complete 9/10 days, simply get a couple of good teams and play with your toons, out the most effective, I run a rebel team and an old ben team but most importantly, by the 5th node I have 15 toons that have some Turn Meter on them, how many of you whiners have that? Or you just rock up to node 11 with the same 5 toons, it's ment to be challenging and it is, if you're having so much trouble, you are doing something wrong, like teams with no sinergy, you don't fill turn meters in advance, etc, etc

I usually have 5 teams preloaded. Rebels ewoks Jedi empire and a jawas/droid. So quit trolling.
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    Well I finish. I have a DEEP roster. Ive made MOD changes as encouraged. But now, trolls saying have a deeper roster, that's bull. Most players DONT HAVE the news toons that are being brought into the game. Once again these are only accessible to the top teir players. Who are also the same players who can get gear needed to max up. So regular joe blow player is stuck with old toons that CANT match up or take out the new guys. So regular players are kicked down again. And you have the top guys laughing and being bullies because they can buy everything or I believe some work or know developers and are cheating. But that's my belief. This is the worst I've ever seen the game. And I'm about 2 shakes of a sheeps tail to taking my money else where.

You got it. CG just wants your money. I've spent a good amount but will never spend a single dime more. Tournaments have completely dissolved my attachment to the game and the power creep is killing the enjoyment. I don't care, since I have all this money that I can spend elsewhere, but CG should care.
  • I want to start by saying I usually enjoy GW. Makes me think about the squad I'm running. Lets me try out new combinations of toons. But the 12th node buff is getting ridiculous. Granted I have only 16 gear 11 maxed toons but I have all but 1 toon unlocked and more than half 7* and purple with tier 5 mods. (Still too many level 80s, haven't caught up there yet.) Point being if I can blow through my entire roster and not even come close to killing a single toon there's something wrong. Yes I study strengths and weaknesses of different toons but the buff is so cranked up it doesn't matter because it is literally impossible. Example: gear 11 maxed b2 with 107% potency can't remove anything? At all? Really? JS
  • No zeta barris in GG please...

Unbeatable teams in GG is no fun at all...
  • Warmonger wrote: »
    I want to start by saying I usually enjoy GW. Makes me think about the squad I'm running. Lets me try out new combinations of toons. But the 12th node buff is getting ridiculous. Granted I have only 16 gear 11 maxed toons but I have all but 1 toon unlocked and more than half 7* and purple with tier 5 mods. (Still too many level 80s, haven't caught up there yet.) Point being if I can blow through my entire roster and not even come close to killing a single toon there's something wrong. Yes I study strengths and weaknesses of different toons but the buff is so cranked up it doesn't matter because it is literally impossible. Example: gear 11 maxed b2 with 107% potency can't remove anything? At all? Really? JS

You mean b2 removing buffs? Potency doesn't affect dispels.
  • You guys just want things to be put on a plate for you. It's not easy but it's not impossible. Just build your roster and toons and soon you will auto it. Lol

Not soon... Possibly in 5 months. I made the mistake of putting priority on just 5 toons but 2 of them are tanks... If I had to do it over I would have picked 5 dps... Not 2 tanks and 2 support and 1 dps. Tanks inherently have higher power then dps and thus yield much harder teams that are impossible to take out with a none dps rooster. No gw is not balanced for that.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • rogue555 wrote: »
    Really wish EA gives newer players with better chance to clear GW... It is annoying not being able to clear GW for months.

Older players aren't having any better luck. Believe me.
  • Not another dime to this game or any Lucas game until they fix this $#¥+! Sick of facing max everything teams on the last node. My top 3 squads can't even kill a single one? Events aren't fun anymore. GW isn't fun anymore. Arena isn't fun. Ships are getting there.

Once I'm done upgrading my PC and have more options, this game may find itself on the scrap heap with others that only care to cater to those who pay big bucks...then they'll be the only ones left fighting for the scraps.
  • Why does the computer get to refresh and I don't, had to fight sidious the other day 5 time in a row. It's NOT a war of attrition it's a war of repatriation. Sorry but it suck! And it's getting boring very fast.
  • I was having lots of trouble with GW before I farmed rebels, now with my Rebel team I can normally steam roll through GW on most days without too many retreats (I take full advantage of this). That being said I have noticed the increasing difficulty on some nodes. For example Node 6, it can sometimes be ridiculous. I've faced some that require me to use 2 teams to beat at node 6. That infuriates me. Cause you now once nodes 9-12 hit that you're screwed if your toons die. I have no problem with it being difficult but sometimes it can be very challenging and annoying.
    That all being said, I don't think they need to change it, GW being the best place for currency/toons and it shouldn't be a cake walk. Some days you aren't going to complete, just two days ago I couldn't beat node 12. My only advice to people struggling is to keep increasing the stats on your toons and try different combinations until you find the best squad.
  • I have been playing since Dec/15. I've played GW everyday for the past year at least. I've completed it a mere 34 times, (that is pitiful and discouraging)the last time being nearly 8 months ago. Please reevaluate how teams are matched up because it's clearly not working for everyone. Why can't the last node be a mirror image of the power of your best team? And this 6th node being almost equal difficulty to nodes 11-12 is just stupid. It makes no sense at all to have the difficulty moving up and down throughout the 12 nodes. Please make it a gradual increase to node 12 that mirrors your best team. Use your ******* brains EA. Stop focusing on the stuff nobody gives a rats **** about and fix GW already.
  • I wonder if all of yall ever actually played a truly difficult game like, say....old school Ninja Gaiden on NES or something from that era, as new players don't appreciate what games used to be like. This ain't a mobile game like Candy Crush. Make it hard or don't make it at all
    bout copy to hurt the same, but different rankings, lead to copy reward income decrease, I want to ask, what is the ranking mechanism under? It's not fair! Hope the official modification!
  • And I am a pansy when it comes to GW, bt I don't complain, cause I know I am not ready for big time yet, and understand when I don't finish half or so of my GWs, I only have completed 50 or 55 since September when I began, playing every day, so I am not a whale, but I like the difficulty, I am glad it is meant to be a test
    bout copy to hurt the same, but different rankings, lead to copy reward income decrease, I want to ask, what is the ranking mechanism under? It's not fair! Hope the official modification!
  • Look another troll
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm a middle-level player (between 290-390 in the arena) and I can also say it's ridiculous.

For more than 2 months in the past I was unable to get past node 9, sometimes even node 6. Then thankfully I got Emperor Palpatine and it helped a lot, so does the new Mandalore Boba Fett. Still, it can be quite frustrating to see fully maxed Rebel teams on a lot of nodes. They are just way too strong when it comes to attack power - Wiggs, Lando, Chize, Leia can all put a team in the ground with ease. Which wouldn't be a problem if in turn they'd have lower armor but no, they pose with an impressive 40-50k protection too.

If EA wants to make Rebels attack beasts, fine. But then at least lower their defenses because right now they pretty much own the game and I would rather not have an "if you can't beat them, join them" way that everyone has to have the same or similar teams in order to compete.
  • And I am a pansy when it comes to GW, bt I don't complain, cause I know I am not ready for big time yet, and understand when I don't finish half or so of my GWs, I only have completed 50 or 55 since September when I began, playing every day, so I am not a whale, but I like the difficulty, I am glad it is meant to be a test
  • I say don't fix GW, BUT fix chaze or give all of us a 5* Baze amd keep chirrut for the whales. I spend about 30 bucks a week on this game, less than I spent feeding my decade long M:tG addiction, so I consider it a cheap cost for a great community and outstanding game, but I think that shard shop is a joke, and that lack of trading is the key issue here. If there were a way to trade gear and/or shards within your own guild, it would solve so much frustration. At least let me trade in the 550 mk V laptops and 897 stunguns for a single Furnace or scanner, and I swear it'd make up for fora lot of angst I see on these boards.
  • So node nine fully maxed 7 start team. Node 10 medium 11 once again extremely difficult. Wiped my A B C teams. Was expecting to not finish GW today, and then BAM! Level 52 and 53 4 star not modded team. Now I'm thankful I was able to beat GW. But this is WACK!!!
  • Cop1416 wrote: »
    So node nine fully maxed 7 start team. Node 10 medium 11 once again extremely difficult. Wiped my A B C teams. Was expecting to not finish GW today, and then BAM! Level 52 and 53 4 star not modded team. Now I'm thankful I was able to beat GW. But this is WACK!!!

Yep thats what happens when the power of your top 5 exceeds a certain level and "breaks" gw. It certainly is messed up that it will just break like that, and thats pretty much the only think I think is actually broken about galactic war...

F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
    I want to start by saying I usually enjoy GW. Makes me think about the squad I'm running. Lets me try out new combinations of toons. But the 12th node buff is getting ridiculous. Granted I have only 16 gear 11 maxed toons but I have all but 1 toon unlocked and more than half 7* and purple with tier 5 mods. (Still too many level 80s, haven't caught up there yet.) Point being if I can blow through my entire roster and not even come close to killing a single toon there's something wrong. Yes I study strengths and weaknesses of different toons but the buff is so cranked up it doesn't matter because it is literally impossible. Example: gear 11 maxed b2 with 107% potency can't remove anything? At all? Really? JS

Wait, what?
  • Cesium wrote: »
    Cop1416 wrote: »
    So node nine fully maxed 7 start team. Node 10 medium 11 once again extremely difficult. Wiped my A B C teams. Was expecting to not finish GW today, and then BAM! Level 52 and 53 4 star not modded team. Now I'm thankful I was able to beat GW. But this is WACK!!!

Yep thats what happens when the power of your top 5 exceeds a certain level and "breaks" gw. It certainly is messed up that it will just break like that, and thats pretty much the only think I think is actually broken about galactic war...

No the whole thing is broke. This is wack.
    Warmonger wrote: »

Wait, what?

potency doesnt affect dispels

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

OK, site your source. And if it doesn't, what does?
  • ObviouslyNot
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

OK, site your source. And if it doesn't, what does?

My source is search it up. If it lands, then the buff is dispelled. The only time a dispel will fail is if its dodged.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Today...
    GW 9 : Wigglo, STHan, QGJ
    GW 10 : Wigglo, STHan, JKA
    GW 11 : Wigglo, Baze, EP (failed)

Nice variety ... First time that I meet Baze, what a **** !
  • Today i had to face zeta Barris on GW 12.

zBarris (L), zFives, B2, Baze and Aayla

It was challenging. Needed 2 teams to deal with this crap. EP shock was really helpfull to kill Barris and Baze in the first try but then my alphateam was whiped out by the others.

My Rebells annihilate the survivors in the second run, glad that Barris passive was gone. ^^
  • Why can't the last node be a mirror image of the power of your best team? And this 6th node being almost equal difficulty to nodes 11-12 is just ****. It makes no sense at all to have the difficulty moving up and down throughout the 12 nodes. Please make it a gradual increase to node 12 that mirrors your best team. Use your ******* brains EA. Stop focusing on the stuff nobody gives a rats **** about and fix GW already.

I run the risk of Cop1416 calling me a troll, but I disagree with this. When I select an Arena opponent I'm not intimidated at all by a squad that has 5% higher power than mine (or more tbh), because I'm a human using real intelligence playing against a squad that is using Artificial Intelligence which we've all seen has many flaws.

This is magnified in GW because the retreat function allows you to try a battle again knowing EXACTLY what the opponent is going to do. AND unless you've planned poorly your squad should have a massive jump on them in terms of TM. The last node needs to be a challenge, and equal power would be far too easy.

I think the REAL problem with GW is that it is currently set up to reward roster depth and punish highly powered single squads. Players like me (who want to develop 4 or 5 squads of similar strength but not dominate the Arena) are finishing GW every day because when we get to Node 12 we've got 4 or 5 squads we can burn through to grind out a victory. Players who have 1 incredibly powerful squad are struggling to finish GW because sooner or later they'll come up against a squad that will kill one or more of them and their replacements are nowhere near strong enough to compete.

It's become routine for me now to send in a team on Node 12 who are solely concentrating on reducing one of their toons to below half power (so that next time RG won't taunt when I hit them) or just to let EP use his AoE shock and STH to taunt (so they can't use them for a few turns against my next squad). But it's taken me 6 months to get to that position.

• I'll share a tip a Jedi gave me. On those final nodes, before using your A or B teams, throw some low level heroes you never use in GW (because they're like lvl 1 or 4 stars or whatever) into a X or Y team. Start the fight and watch those hard nodes blow all their cool downs. It helps when you put your A & B teams in, gives you a huge advantage.

When you're on node 11 and 12 and facing teams that have huge damage along with synergy and assists like say a Biggs/wedge with Ani and Lando thrown in, or an empire quad with Palp lead, or a Chirrut/Baze team, those 'suicide squads make jack #*** difference. These are the kinda squads I'm facing on those nodes. Not even my best team plus the two teams I save to soften up those tough matchups can beat them. I use my #2 and 3 teams, which are no slouches, my rebel team with Biggs/Wedge all 7 star and gear 8 minimum, and my droid team similarly powered. They get wiped right away, mayyybe I can take down 1 toon. My main team lives in the top 100, 43.5k power roughly: Palp lead, Rey, RG, Barris or Shoretrooper (who I sometimes use to taunt for my droids) those guys can take some serious punishment but those 11 and 12 nodes are always top tier type squads, and by the time you get there, just not enough gas left in the tank.