Are the last challenges for capital ships too hard?

Prev1
Ok for both Home and Endurance I can't even come close to beating the challenges. Is it justness me? I'm running JC(g9) Ashoka(g10), Wedge(g10), Biggs(g10) 5's(g9) and RP(g7) all level 70 with their respective abilities maxed.
Am I not strong enough or is this one of the many miscalculations by the devs for the difficulty of the challenges

Replies

• Your just not strong enough, those challenges are tough for sure, but they are doable
  • The recommended level for those challenges is 82 all your ships are at 70. Seems to me that's obviously the issue.
  • You need to level up your ships.
  • Do the levels for the ships really make that much difference in overall power? For toons it seems negligible so long as they're geared and starred.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Do the levels for the ships really make that much difference in overall power? For toons it seems negligible so long as they're geared and starred.

To my point of view, ships level gives much much more then their star rating.
    Do not look to the power, it is useless parameter...
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Do the levels for the ships really make that much difference in overall power? For toons it seems negligible so long as they're geared and starred.

Best way to boost ships still seems to be by boosting the crew.

I tried the Executrix 5* challenge with some slapdash 1dot mods, and didn't get anywhere over about 10attemts

I took the 5 and 4dot mods off my arena team and put them on my DS crew. I managed to 2* it immediately. It made about 2k difference in fleet power (72k vs the initial 70k).
  • We need 9 ships all level 82 or higher? Surely not.
  • Tuscan21 wrote: »
    We need 9 ships all level 82 or higher? Surely not.

No, the ships don't need to be that high, but you need highly geared pilots and five dot mods to boost the ships as much as possible, plus higher starred ships utilize the crew power better, ship level helps a bit, however pilots do play the largest part of the ship power equation
  • I did the Malevolence 6*, but the Home One 6* challenge doesn't seem to get anywhere for me with a total fleet strength of 109k. The enemy ships simply have so many hitpoints and also really like to resist everything.
  • What's a Malevolence?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Higher level = higher chance to crit & not be critted & apply a debuff as far as I know. And when you have (like me ) ships like Biggs and strategy hangs on landing Target Lock, every level counts.

• Platzman wrote: »
    Higher level = higher chance to crit & not be critted & apply a debuff as far as I know. And when you have (like me ) ships like Biggs and strategy hangs on landing Target Lock, every level counts.

Critical Chance, yes. Potency/Tenacity, no.
    Also Health/Protection and Speed rely heavily on everything but ship level. (crew)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • I have done both with lvl 78 ships
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • SentinelBorg
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    What's a Malevolence?
    Ah, meant the Endurance. Malevolence would have been the capital ship of Grievous. ^^
    My ships are:
    • Home One, 5*, lvl 73 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G10
    • Biggs X-Wing, 5*, lvl 75 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G11
    • Umbaran fighter, 5*, lvl 75 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G10
    • Wedge X-Wing, 5*, lvl 70 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G10
    • Ahsoka fighter, 5*, lvl 78 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G10
    • Jedi-Consul fighter, 5*, lvl 75 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G9
    • Resistance X-Wing, 5*, lvl 68 with pilot lvl 78, 7*, G9
    I dunno what the developers exactly expect us to have for this challenge. Sure, a few more level would help, but looking at a maxed out lvl 85, 7*, G11 Biggs X-Wing (69k HP, 49k Prot, 165 speed, 32.5% crit-chance) in my pvp realm doesn't show that much of a difference compared to mine (59k HP, 41k Prot, 156 speed, 30.8% crit-chance).
  • Drake23 wrote: »
    I have done both with lvl 78 ships

All 9 ships at level 78? My pilots are mostly maxed with full mods
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    What's a Malevolence?
    Ah, meant the Endurance. Malevolence would have been the capital ship of Grievous. ^^
    My ships are:
    • Home One, 5*, lvl 73 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G10
    • Biggs X-Wing, 5*, lvl 75 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G11
    • Umbaran fighter, 5*, lvl 75 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G10
    • Wedge X-Wing, 5*, lvl 70 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G10
    • Ahsoka fighter, 5*, lvl 78 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G10
    • Jedi-Consul fighter, 5*, lvl 75 with pilot lvl 85, 7*, G9
    • Resistance X-Wing, 5*, lvl 68 with pilot lvl 78, 7*, G9
    I dunno what the developers exactly expect us to have for this challenge. Sure, a few more level would help, but looking at a maxed out lvl 85, 7*, G11 Biggs X-Wing (69k HP, 49k Prot, 165 speed, 32.5% crit-chance) in my pvp realm doesn't show that much of a difference compared to mine (59k HP, 41k Prot, 156 speed, 30.8% crit-chance).

Since you didn't say I will ask. Do you have all 6 mk5 level 15 mods on all characters?

Level does matter for ships. Higher level needed to increase their abilities which typically increase the damage multipliers.

Also the increase in agi/tac/str from leveling will increase offense, health, crit chance and defense

Just like a character they could be max level max gear max star but with level 1 abilities they are going to hit for a lot less then say level 4 or 5 abilities.

But at level 70 with ships abilities as high as you can get them and the characters where you have them as long as they all have 6 mk5 level 15 mods you should be able to breeze through it.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Did not read the opening post, but I'm goong to guess the poster thinks the answer is yes.

Edit: aaaaaaaa-YUP! First order passive aggression, my dude!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • SentinelBorg
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, the characters all have lvl 15 mods. Except for two 4*, all others are 5*. The abilities on all ships are at the max level.

Have now done over 30 tries. In some I came very far but in the end the I got overwhelmed because the AI still had more reinforcements. I usually killed his Ahsoka in the first round and then focused on Rex. The worst thing is the amount of resists. I actually made a list and and so far I had over 50% resists of my target lock chances (Biggs crit and Resistance X-Wing crew ability).

I would certainly be possible if I had two more light side ships. But I would need over 80 shards to get Poe and the Bistan U-Wing to 5* just for that one challenge. Which seems to be a waste imho.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, the characters all have lvl 15 mods. Except for two 4*, all others are 5*. The abilities on all ships are at the max level.

Have now done over 30 tries. In some I came very far but in the end the I got overwhelmed because the AI still had more reinforcements. I usually killed his Ahsoka in the first round and then focused on Rex. The worst thing is the amount of resists. I actually made a list and and so far I had over 50% resists of my target lock chances (Biggs crit and Resistance X-Wing crew ability).

Don't do that!!! I believe it is all republic ships meaning rex will keep using his special ability and giving himself back protection and ~50%TM. My advice leave rex for last. it's like trying to kill zeta bariss with 4k crits it is a losing battle.

Without vader everthing gets resisted more. ships are for the most part set with high tenacity compared to potency.
  • My ships are all above leve 82 with mostly g11 pilots and I can't come close to beating any of them. Can't even destroy one enemy ship most of the time.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Best way to boost ships still seems to be by boosting the crew. /quote]

Well, yeah, it's the best way, but it's not the only way. You need to use every tool at your disposal, not just the best tool.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Best way to boost ships still seems to be by boosting the crew. /quote]

Well, yeah, it's the best way, but it's not the only way. You need to use every tool at your disposal, not just the best tool.

true that. a level 1 ship with level 1 abilities and full maxed crew is not very good.
    Example ahoska jedis star figthter special attack adds 35% damage boost by getting it to level 80 compared to level 69 and that is not counting the boost from physical damage due to the AGI increase from level 69->80
  • A few levels in your ships and you will be fine. Mine were all around 70-75 and finished it easy
  • scuba wrote: »
    Don't do that!!! I believe it is all republic ships meaning rex will keep using his special ability and giving himself back protection and ~50%TM. My advice leave rex for last. it's like trying to kill zeta bariss with 4k crits it is a losing battle.
    Yes exactly, but the issue is that this ability of Rex works not just for him, but also for one other targeted ally! So if I don't kill him right away, he will just heal his allies all the time. He also has a passive that gives his allies tenacity and TM when they resist something. So I absolutely think he should die early.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    scuba wrote: »
    Yes exactly, but the issue is that this ability of Rex works not just for him, but also for one other targeted ally! So if I don't kill him right away, he will just heal his allies all the time. He also has a passive that gives his allies tenacity and TM when they resist something. So I absolutely think he should die early.

as someone who beat the challenge with level 70 team i suggest not focusing on rex first or second, Ahsoka definitely.
    Give it a shot if you haven't.
    Once you drop a couple other ships the CD will stop resetting fully and can then work on taking him out.

here was my fleet a little bit after completing both Home on and Endurance T5 challenge. Obviously I didn't use vader as he is only 4 *

ToL9HNq.png
  • Guys! This is just the beginning of ships. We'll get new BETTER ships in the future which will make the challenges way easier.
  • Just did some tries leaving Rex alone. As I feared he still used his crew ability on his allies, so it made it worse. My guess I that scuba primarily was able to do it, because he has two more light side 5* ships.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Just did some tries leaving Rex alone. As I feared he still used his crew ability on his allies, so it made it worse. My guess I that scuba primarily was able to do it, because he has two more light side 5* ships.

Sorry to hear. Trying to remember back I actually want to say i couldn't get thru it till I got rex to 5* and was able to spam the ability myself.
  • No Rex blueprints whatsoever, no resources in Jedi Consular...
    Man this is starting to feel like OG Yoda Challenge without Barriss and ... Jedi Consular. Guess I should wait for Wiggs to hit gXI somewhere around august. ;)
  • SentinelBorg
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Upgraded my Consular to Gear 10 and leveled my Biggs and Umbaran fighter to lvl 78 plus the ability improvments. Still no chance against the incredible amount of hitpoints, damage (35k crits from those Sergeant "Tank" ships), protection regeneration and resists (70%+).

I would really like to know why this challenge is so much harder than the Endurance one.