The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• I read in another post that you can get different characters from the pack you get at level 2, is this true? Or do you always get CW Chewie?
  • Roar wrote: »
    I read in another post that you can get different characters from the pack you get at level 2, is this true? Or do you always get CW Chewie?

Or was this person talking about the first pack you buy? At level 2 you get 200 crystals, but that is not enough for a pack, did you use to get more?
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Wyren wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the awesome guide! I'm a beginning player and I have a few questions though. First, I've created a few accounts and so far got 3 four-star chars and I'm not sure which one I should main, I've got Old Ben, Mace Windu and Rey, which one would you suggest?
    Second, how exactly do you turn all the energy into XP? Do you use SIM tickets? If so, where do you get them? Or do you progress through the Light side battles?

If I had to choose between the 3 only, I'd go for Rey. OB is not that great, Mace will be given free as a fleet commander and Rey is a good DPS that's a long farm.
    Auto missions 1-c and 1-d a lot. A lot of gear from those missions will be used.

I got a 4 star Mace and don't feel like spending another attempt to get another character. If you already have a Mace when you get him as a fleet comander do you just get shards? If so how many? I want to quickly 7 star a character, should I just keep him at 4 star or should I 7 star him while getting my other go to characters StHan, Lando, Boba,
    On another note, should I farm Lando first and GS second, or both at the same time?

Thanks

• labswift wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Wyren wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the awesome guide! I'm a beginning player and I have a few questions though. First, I've created a few accounts and so far got 3 four-star chars and I'm not sure which one I should main, I've got Old Ben, Mace Windu and Rey, which one would you suggest?
    Second, how exactly do you turn all the energy into XP? Do you use SIM tickets? If so, where do you get them? Or do you progress through the Light side battles?

If I had to choose between the 3 only, I'd go for Rey. OB is not that great, Mace will be given free as a fleet commander and Rey is a good DPS that's a long farm.
    Auto missions 1-c and 1-d a lot. A lot of gear from those missions will be used.

I got a 4 star Mace and don't feel like spending another attempt to get another character. If you already have a Mace when you get him as a fleet comander do you just get shards? If so how many? I want to quickly 7 star a character, should I just keep him at 4 star or should I 7 star him while getting my other go to characters StHan, Lando, Boba,
    On another note, should I farm Lando first and GS second, or both at the same time?

Thanks

I seem to remember the payout for shards is something like 70%, 60%, 50%, 40% depending on the star rating of the character. So if you pull a 2 star, you get 70% of the value of the shards.
  • Not sure about Finn or Resistance as a starting team, looks like very long farm for a full Resistance team.

Everybody gets Chewie now, it's fixed. The first pack is referring to the first single chromium you buy which is always a complete Light side character.

If I'm not mistaken, the fleet challenge awards 80 shards rather than a full character unlock, so you'll get 80 shards instead of 32.
  • Rey is a good character for chromium start? I want farm Lando, STH and genosian for a good Arena start, its k? I need stay 10 days to start in level 40 or if i start earlier (4 or 5 days) i can get a good arena position
  • About the timezone choosing. If you ever installed the game you are screwed. It will always come back to the original timezone. Im still thinking of what to do for cheatin that...
  • As I have already stated, you need to change the time zone before you create the account. Once you have created the account, there is NO WAY to change its time zone.
    It doesn't matter if you've installed the game before, just need to change the time zone BEFORE account creation. Try it for yourself now, change the time zone first, then create a brand new account.
  • At first I was so excited about this guide, and I tried it, and tried it, and so on till the 15 th attempt, and boom(fuccking kit fisto, again! ), the frustration erupted, I friggin wanted to make the last jedi happen earlier :-) BUT do not, I repeat, do not loose hope, 18 th, my new lucky number, the RNGods showed me some love aaand kpow : 4* Rex ! Dude your guide kills it! B)
  • So how do you create a new gmail account so easily to be able to reroll 100 times? Every time I try to make a new one, they ask me to verify by phone. I'm not locking my phone number to the throwaway accounts....
  • mic
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    You can use the same gmail account over and over until you connect the game to google play. Just reset emulator and use the same gmail account again. Connect the game to google play only if you have the right pull, right timing, etc. The best is not to make google play acc until you want to connect game to it.
    Post edited by mic on
  • mic
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you for the guide it helped a lot. I made 2 accounts, pulled Old Ben and Windu. I cannot save the account with Windu, because the google play account already have swgoh save.
    I wrote yesterday 30 rows, but it disappeared. So few short questions: Which character is better? Is it ok to play without logging in to google play ever? It is bluestacks, I don't trust it. I had data loss, error 104 after updates, game quits, restarting. So it's not safe to use on long term.
    I want to keep one account for long term and play with the other just for fun. Should i keep farming for better characters?
  • mic
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Idk **** happend with the second acc, I logged in, its lvl11 every daily finished, 2 games at arena already done. I had enough from this crap game. 3 months, 20 accounts. Data loss, wrong updates, 104 error, etc. I dont have more patience and energy to start over again.
    I was lvl7, light 1-2 booth normal and hard was ready, I havent finished dailies, team had almost 3k power. Now it is lvl 11, 2 arena already played, every daily finished except 3 arenas. Arena rank is 5k. Snowtrooper is activated, hez lvl16. The account is totally focked up. Fak swgoh, I'm out..
  • is it possible to have more than one account on IOS? I want to try this guide but I have a lvl 69 acc I would rather not give up
  • Kingzoom wrote: »
    is it possible to have more than one account on IOS? I want to try this guide but I have a lvl 69 acc I would rather not give up

You just have login with a diferent Game Center account.
  • Trying to see if this guide can help me, but on paper it seems sound. Trying to get a start with Rey or Lando, but I have stumble upon Rex; is he a good starting character? My spontanious reaction is that he isn't that easy to farm nor does he get any good synergies with other easier farmed teams.
    tl;dr Any oppinions on 4* Rex as a starter?
  • I still don't see how you manage to get 350 crystals before lvl 8. I always start with 300 and there is no way to get crystals without leveling. What am I missing? Tried to go around the Chewie drop but it won't allow.
  • DarthRidge wrote: »
    I still don't see how you manage to get 350 crystals before lvl 8. I always start with 300 and there is no way to get crystals without leveling. What am I missing? Tried to go around the Chewie drop but it won't allow.

Make sure you only take one of the daily quests. If you take all of them you will level over 8.
  • Hike wrote: »
    Trying to see if this guide can help me, but on paper it seems sound. Trying to get a start with Rey or Lando, but I have stumble upon Rex; is he a good starting character? My spontanious reaction is that he isn't that easy to farm nor does he get any good synergies with other easier farmed teams.
    Unfortunately, Rey has been rotated out of Chromium Packs. As for Rex, I've started a new account recently with him and noticed that his offense and health are average. He's primarily a support character with TM manipulation and a cleanse. I would recommend searching for a more aggresive toon like Lando, as you've mentioned, Biggs, Wedge, Bobba, etc.
  • MistSaint wrote: »
    Hike wrote: »
    Trying to see if this guide can help me, but on paper it seems sound. Trying to get a start with Rey or Lando, but I have stumble upon Rex; is he a good starting character? My spontanious reaction is that he isn't that easy to farm nor does he get any good synergies with other easier farmed teams.
    Unfortunately, Rey has been rotated out of Chromium Packs. As for Rex, I've started a new account recently with him and noticed that his offense and health are average. He's primarily a support character with TM manipulation and a cleanse. I would recommend searching for a more aggresive toon like Lando, as you've mentioned, Biggs, Wedge, Bobba, etc.

Well, got lucky anyway and managed to pull Lando three tries later, so right now I'm banking energy for the leveling rush :)
  • Hike wrote: »
    MistSaint wrote: »

Well, got lucky anyway and managed to pull Lando three tries later, so right now I'm banking energy for the leveling rush :)

Also I would recommend storing more energy than the amount stated by Bossmanz, it gets you to lvl 27-28 rather than 30. I would even say to get to 2000+ if you have the patience, since this guide is pretty widespread currently. If you managed to do that and hopefully no one on your shard did, you'll have a MASSIVE level advantage.
  • MistSaint wrote: »
    MistSaint wrote: »

Also I would recommend storing more energy than the amount stated by Bossmanz, it gets you to lvl 27-28 rather than 30. I would even say to get to 2000+ if you have the patience, since this guide is pretty widespread currently. If you managed to do that and hopefully no one on your shard did, you'll have a MASSIVE level advantage.

I'm waiting for my new phone anyway, but yea, I'll keep that I mind. Thanks!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Just wanted to update that the upper limit for energy hoarding is more than 10K. Have no idea how much can actually be stored.

onKhXFX.png
    Just wanted to update that the upper limit for energy hoarding is more than 10K. Have no idea how much can actually be stored.

onKhXFX.png

Wow, impressive! I actually decided to do this all over again, the energy I stored before still wasn't enough to give me a good advantage. Right now is a perfect time for first rolls since they're giving those extra 500 crystals. I managed to get Old Ben and Chirrut on one account.

onKhXFX.png

Also, I pity everyone who'll share a shard with you!
  • Lalala
    13 posts Member
    "For new players, Cantina battles will be unlocking at level 8 and Squad Arena will be unlocking at level 28"

From the upcoming life improvements patch..
    What do you guys think? Should I stop my energy hoarding and start before it updates to 28 or wait for it and hoard at 27?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The effect of hoarding is quite diminished at level 28. I'd jump in as soon as possible if this patch were to go live next week.
  • I just started a new account and started hoarding only 500 energy now. This will kinda change but i think maybe if you just go cantina at lvl 8 lets say GS or Lando you can get them nicely stared before you hit 28,so maybe hoarding energy even more for the achievement boost. You can get a good squad before you enter Arena, meaning maybe no need to really roll for perfect( mine ,kinda good Chirrut and Qui as free). And now you can hoarde cantina energy but you will use it for that gs/Lando so hopefully when the patch comes it wont screw me and throw me i Arena. Only bad thing is getting in a bad pool. In the old scheme i would get another account and get in and see if its new. Now with this lvl28 uff.
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Lalala wrote: »
    "For new players, Cantina battles will be unlocking at level 8 and Squad Arena will be unlocking at level 28"

From the upcoming life improvements patch..
    What do you guys think? Should I stop my energy hoarding and start before it updates to 28 or wait for it and hoard at 27?

Where is this information located?
  • Nvm, found it.