What is the best team to counter chaze + Kenobi + Zeta Barriss + Zeta 5S

Replies

• This squad is OP seriously
  • The best team would be zeta vader lead, EP, zeta Boba, Anakin and GK.
  • This squad is OP seriously
    I beat it with EP (l) boba ST STH and TFP pretty regularly and the squad is 5k more power than me.
  • Jedi6371 wrote: »
    Zeta Vader, EP, TFP, boba, tank. Execute and CB will clear them. Also that squad is slow between the TMR and a stun you'll handle them fine. I'd go after Chirrut first.

It is a bit silly to go for chirrut first considering his life leech and his damage on counter attacks. You will struggle with Kenobi taunting on crits or Baze taunting each time chirrut drops a bit of health. The most reliable way to blow this team up is to nuke down Kenobi first, then barriss, baze, chirrut and 5s last. Kenobi first because he is the only one you can focus fire. Barriss second because she will pile up tm and cleanse any debuff other than dots that repop as long as Vader is alive. Baze next because he hits like a wet noodle. Chirrut next because Baze is no more here to taunt and u want him dead before finishing 5s in auto combat.
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    My personal experience Jyn Zeta Lead with Chaze and Wiggs can pretty much beat any team.

Any issues vs Boba with that team? I think that's my end game plan for now
  • DarthGozu wrote: »
    Jedi6371 wrote: »
    Zeta Vader, EP, TFP, boba, tank. Execute and CB will clear them. Also that squad is slow between the TMR and a stun you'll handle them fine. I'd go after Chirrut first.

It is a bit silly to go for chirrut first considering his life leech and his damage on counter attacks. You will struggle with Kenobi taunting on crits or Baze taunting each time chirrut drops a bit of health. The most reliable way to blow this team up is to nuke down Kenobi first, then barriss, baze, chirrut and 5s last. Kenobi first because he is the only one you can focus fire. Barriss second because she will pile up tm and cleanse any debuff other than dots that repop as long as Vader is alive. Baze next because he hits like a wet noodle. Chirrut next because Baze is no more here to taunt and u want him dead before finishing 5s in auto combat.

Have you every played this squad? Nuke chirrut first. He is the DPS.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Gave zeta to Vader and no regreat at all!! The once unbeatable squad is down! B)

As u guys said, Sidious became important again landing dots right at the start and prevents chirrut to trigger tenacity up. And Barris kills her self full of dots u don't even need to attack her.

At second round, enemy is full of dots/hots, so Boba execute can put down chirrut or any threat. Plus the TM reduction is pretty legit, fast sidious and tfp with aeo, helps to keep enemy at slow pace.

Thans everyone for the tips :)

Screenshot_20170115_100506.jpg

Screenshot_20170115_022801.jpg

• Wai wrote: »
    Yes, I hope Dev answers us whether the unique skill of barriss is a bug or not.

As your name implies, the Zarriss Unique is WAI (working as intended). It does NOT say "as long as she's alive" like some uniques.

The majority of uniques that do not specify end on death.

Look at Chirrut, for example.

Bad example
    Chirrut has 2 uniques
    One says disappear when he dies
    The other one (that gives Baze counter and health steal) remain even after his death

So if it doesn't say bariss heal goes away when she dies, it is wai
  • Prana_lama wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @Prana_lama good to know that squad can be beaten, but why sidious attack block chirrut tenacity up?

I still don't have Baze and GK, do u think with zeta Vader and a mix of other toons like Boba, Palp, b2, sun fac and Shoretrooper is manageable to defeat them?

Once Sid lays down the dots they don't go away and having a debuf means no one gets tenacity up when chirrut cleanses. Baze is a natural combo as he turns hots onto dots with his single target special. Palpatine might work but the team does want a lot of protection. Perhaps Vader tfp Sid shore trooper and ep/boba might work. But in beating the barris chaze GK combo really relies on the dots (barris basically kills herself with dots once she starts taking extra turns trying to cleanse the dots) and culling blade.

That works if your Sid is faster than Rex (or Rex gets tmr by tfp)
    Also Sid potency is very low... Seems rather easy to have a tenacity quite higher than his potency especially if U focus on his speed...

Then his dot wouldn't land
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Maraxus wrote: »
    Prana_lama wrote: »
    @Prana_lama good to know that squad can be beaten, but why sidious attack block chirrut tenacity up?

I still don't have Baze and GK, do u think with zeta Vader and a mix of other toons like Boba, Palp, b2, sun fac and Shoretrooper is manageable to defeat them?

Once Sid lays down the dots they don't go away and having a debuf means no one gets tenacity up when chirrut cleanses. Baze is a natural combo as he turns hots onto dots with his single target special. Palpatine might work but the team does want a lot of protection. Perhaps Vader tfp Sid shore trooper and ep/boba might work. But in beating the barris chaze GK combo really relies on the dots (barris basically kills herself with dots once she starts taking extra turns trying to cleanse the dots) and culling blade.

Also Sid potency is very low... Seems rather easy to have a tenacity quite higher than his potency especially if U focus on his speed...

But Sidious has 21 more speed than Rex, it's something to consider. But beeing fast his aeo helps a lot at tm reduction too. I do agree that sid low potency is an issue, u must give a 24% potency at cross. He doesn't have any unique against rebels, but interesting that he lands more dots when facing that kind of squad. It's the hate flowing or just good rng, lol
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    I do agree that sid low potency is an issue, u must give a 24% potency at cross. He doesn't have any unique against rebels, but interesting that he lands more dots when facing that kind of squad. It's the hate flowing or just good rng, lol

Ahh, but he does have Uniques against Rebels! As a leader, -32% Potency and Evasion, and he and his Sith and Empire gain 32% Potency and Max Health, not to mention the de-buff TM and Health gains he gives. As a non-leader, he gives Special Damage to Jedi and Rebels at the end of his turns. His base 47% Potency is pretty **** good. Add in the Potency cross and some other Potency mods (or secondaries), and it gets pretty nasty quick. Maybe I just read you wrong.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I do agree that sid low potency is an issue, u must give a 24% potency at cross. He doesn't have any unique against rebels, but interesting that he lands more dots when facing that kind of squad. It's the hate flowing or just good rng, lol

Ahh, but he does have Uniques against Rebels! As a leader, -32% Potency and Evasion, and he and his Sith and Empire gain 32% Potency and Max Health, not to mention the de-buff TM and Health gains he gives. As a non-leader, he gives Special Damage to Jedi and Rebels at the end of his turns. His base 47% Potency is pretty **** good. Add in the Potency cross and some other Potency mods (or secondaries), and it gets pretty nasty quick. Maybe I just read you wrong.

He was speaking about Sidious though, not EP whom you are accurately describing. Sidious does get some good potency with his Zeta and yes, throw him behind an EP lead and he's a beast again.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Vader zeta works really well against those teams
  • catcat881 wrote: »
    As the topic, what is the best way to counter this team you think?
    And I hope Dev responses us that Zeta Barriss' unique is giving heal on crit even AFTER she dies. It is a bug or on purpose?

Empire with a few mixed toons if not full empire
  • APX_919 wrote: »

He was speaking about Sidious though, not EP whom you are accurately describing. Sidious does get some good potency with his Zeta and yes, throw him behind an EP lead and he's a beast again.

DOH! I revisited this thread just now after going through my toons and noticed Sid's Zeta Ability.

Y'all remember just what, a month ago, how everyone hated him and cried for a buff? :D

SnakesOnAPlane
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited January 2017

That's Palpatine unique not Sid, lol

But zeta Sidious is interesting, adds 50% potency to him and and gain max health equal to potency percentage. His base health is 15k, with mods around 20K. So reaching 100% potency, it's 40k health, that's a lot. His armor is decent, gonna became a strong hp toon. Plus gain 100% TM whenever any unit is defeated.
  • https://youtu.be/viFvPFVx3EE a great video compliments of Smithie D covering how to beat this team.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Beat it with Vader zeta ep tfp b2 Boba . Same comp Prana lama beats up . Killed Gk first with a massive execute then chirrut second with a cull blade rest was easy that comps is designed to make you time out but there's no need rush it goes pretty fast. Fast debuffs on everyone is key so chirrut can't give tenacity up . Most times Barris dies just from dots don't even have to hit her . Fast boba and tfp are key for me
  • Best counter ice seen so far that works 100% of the time is Vader (L) boba and 3 tanks. The idea is keep boba alive and never dispel the health over time or any other buffs they get. Then add debuffs with Vader and use boba execute. It should one shot them if you work on their protection a bit
  • Nzane
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Here is a video of Vader Zeta beating that squad on auto
    (except, 5s has no zeta ability)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GgExTyDmbcg&t=151s
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    @Boba_The_Fetter that strategy is the same smithied use on his video, but it only works against a slow chirrut. In that case Vader must be fast and trigger force crush otherwise the rebel will use tenacity up and that counter squad won't work.

Top guys on shards run chirrut around 240/250 speed, so Vader is no threat. Only way to counter that is a very fast sidious or tfp, so they will reduce enemy turn meter enough time for Vader to go first. Or sid inflict tons of dots and tfp buff imunity, preventing chirrut use tenacity.
  • I use Vader-Zeta (L), Asajj, TFP, Boba, and usually GK.
    I usually only lose GK with the rest still having some, if not all of their protection up. Kill order isn't a big deal. I used to go after Barriss first, but since her stuff works even after she dies, it's not a big deal. I usually end up killing GK or Baze first, then go after whichever DPS toon they throw in as their 5th. I see a lot of Han Solo, JKA, and Boba.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    I use Vader-Zeta (L), Asajj, TFP, Boba, and usually GK.
    I usually only lose GK with the rest still having some, if not all of their protection up. Kill order isn't a big deal. I used to go after Barriss first, but since her stuff works even after she dies, it's not a big deal. I usually end up killing GK or Baze first, then go after whichever DPS toon they throw in as their 5th. I see a lot of Han Solo, JKA, and Boba.

Why cleanse the hots when you have boba? I just got Vader's Zeta yesterday and run Vader, TFP, Boba, Shore and GK. Its such a brute force team. Just execute those hots away (this usually means a death). I recently leveled and geared asajj so I am curious, do you use her to cleanse the tenacity up?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Wai wrote: »
    Yes, I hope Dev answers us whether the unique skill of barriss is a bug or not.

As your name implies, the Zarriss Unique is WAI (working as intended). It does NOT say "as long as she's alive" like some uniques.

A lot of uniques don't say that and still stop working after the char's death.
    Actually, no other unique still works after the char's death afaik, but if some does, it's simply another bug.
  • Maraxus wrote: »
    Prana_lama wrote: »

Sid's zeta fixes this. I run him under Vader. Both zetaed and he's quite beefy. He's also faster than Chirrut and Rex.
  • Here you go

Not my channel this is Smithie D

https://youtu.be/_3zXMy0KMV0
    Check out my channel and if you like it feel free to subscribe
    Virtual Gaming World
  • @RiseOfBoxandthefuzz could u please share ur Sidious stats or pic? I'm curious to see how his health go up plus potency with zeta. Thanks.
    @RiseOfBoxandthefuzz could u please share ur Sidious stats or pic? I'm curious to see how his health go up plus potency with zeta. Thanks.

rD6PrcF.png
    tRIY2Mp.png
    His health and potency both basically double but it isn't visible in his stats. It's applied at the start of the match.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    @RiseOfBoxandthefuzz Owww I'm jealous of ur Sid!! Didn't expect to be possible to reach that physycal damage, always thought he was too weak. Mine still at g10, does change much when get to g11 due to gears, or it's your mods? Using potency or attack mod at cross? By the way wich toons u run at squad?

I had to give speed mods to make him fast, unfortunately stats at these mods are not good. Here's is mine:
    sidious.jpg
    @RiseOfBoxandthefuzz Owww I'm jealous of ur Sid!! Didn't expect to be possible to reach that physycal damage, always thought he was too weak. Mine still at g10, does change much when get to g11 due to gears, or it's your mods? Using potency or attack mod at cross? By the way wich toons u run at squad?

I had to give speed mods to make him fast, unfortunately stats at these mods are not good. Here's is mine:
    sidious.jpg

I have offense on the cross and crit chance on the triangle.

This is the team I'm currently running. Vader and Sid are zeta. Boba will get a zeta pretty quick too.
    Eoj6Awe.jpg