Can someone explain this

Hey everyone,

At around level 30 i bought many rogue one packs to form a 4* Jyn, 4* Baze Malbus, 4* Chirrut Imwe, 4* Cassian Andor and 4* K-2SO arena party. Until level 50ish i was top 5 in arena, at around these levels many players have 3 maybe more than 7* toons like Calrissian, Boba... I'm currently level 60 btw.

With every level up i am getting the feel that i am unable to compete with 7* squads in arena and have dropped to 10 - 20 bracket. While my team power is 18k, ppl have around 24k.

Thanks to EA that i am unable to farm rogue one toon shards so i can't increase their stars thus i can't use these beast toons at rancor raid tier 5 later and tank raid normal + heroic.

My Questions:

1- Shall i switch to a another rebel party which i can farm their shards? I have 7* bistan and scarif rebel pathfinder. I have 6* admiral and working on Lando at 5* with either Biggs or Wedge on the horizon? Bistan might do something in the arena but i think even self-revive scarif has a poor kit, what do you think?

2- What's the idea or logic behind releasing a pack with un-farmable shards? Ppl paid money for this and they can't use them on top raids / arena at higher levels?

3- Are we able to see whats going on when the arena begins? like a combat log? Why i am asking this because i still dont know how a 166 speed Jyn in my team did not start the fight at 1st action against a 156 speed 7* Boba? The enemy had st han and he has a passive to remove turn meter but is not this only works when it is st han's turn?

Replies

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    You should definitely keep Chaze (cherrut + baze), they are the strongest comp in the game.
    I don't know to much about rebels synergy so I can't answer what will work best.
    3. Can you explain the speed of everyone on your team and your opponents?

I know for a fact @Josh_K has all the rebels.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • 1) Yes, it's always best to "invest" (time/energy) in "farmable" heroes, as you can keep improving them. Generally, money spent in this game buys a temporary advantage.

2) The logic (EA's, not mine) is to make more money by making you buy chromiums to continue to level up those characters. Once you have an established roster though, Chromiums can be very hit or miss. And the more "miss", the more you have to buy.

3) In a specific battle, note specific leaders, heroes involved, etc, and post here. Fastest always goes first - but sometimes newer players or players who don't understand how specific abilities work/interact don't always arrive at the correct speed calculations. In your example, did you take any of Boba's mods into account? Did STHan start by taunting? (Which would boost Boba's turn meter, as per STHan's ability)?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 2. To bait you into buying them and once you reach the point where you are now, to tempt you to buy even more. It's that simple really.
  • Enemy arena power: 22,290

7* lando - 122 speed
    7* boba - 156 speed
    4* st han - 149 speed
    5* leia - 157 speed
    6* luminara - 144 speed

My arena power: 18,121

4* jyn - 166 speed
    4* chirrut - 137 speed
    4* k2so - 119 speed
    4* cassian - 134 speed
    4* baze - 93 speed

So when the fight starts shouldn't it be like this to act priority

1st jyn with 166 speed plays
    2nd leia with 157 speed
    3rd boba with 156 speed... ?

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Wait, you're complaining because instead of farming characters like everyone else, you're buying exclusive characters that cant be farmed?
    you have to pay money for those characters only because they cant be farmed. Thats why they're exclusive. If a $100 pack was filled with farmable characters, nobody would buy it because rhey can just buy the energy refreshes
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Lando lead gives a speed boost to Boba. At leader level 5 and 6, that's +13 speed to all rebels and scoundrels. Boba is a scoundrel, gets +13 speed and goes before your Jyn.

As for your other questions: I would personally start working on other toons, because if you keep gearing those toons they will probably allow you to hold up in the arena, but you will hit a wall in some other areas of the game (you can't raid with 4* toons, you cannot do some of the events and challenges). Don't dismiss them completely. In particularly Chaze is a great combo to mix in with other rebels (perhaps try to farm STHan and Wiggs, which should give your team a renewal) or any team really (you could go with empire + chaze, but you don't have EP and god knows when that event will be back). Lando is kinda necessary for credit heist (absolutely essential in not too many levels), and is useful to have to slot in/out of your arena team too. And in general, get some 7* characters so you can go along in guild raids and start getting some characters over the first gear wall.
  • Arloth
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I just checked who was enemy team's leader and saw that it was Lando with level 5 in Fast And Loose. He gives +13 speed which beats my Jyn's speed. So that was why Boba acted before me, thanks very much guys.

As for my other question shall i switch to a 7* farmable rebel team or continue with my rogue one synergy team?
  • I don't know much about Jyn so i won't use her in my team ideals but
    Wedge (L) Biggs Lando chirrut and baze is a beast of a team
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Star level does not affect speed. Since you are past level 50, you need better mods (especially more mods with speed on them) or you haven't kept up with your competitors in gear level. Every toon you have is arena viable at the star level you have them at.

I would also advise beginning to farm Wiggs (Biggs from GW, Wedge from Cantina at level 72 I think). They work very well with that team. Another toon to start working on is Boba. Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, Baze, Chirrut is a very formidable arena team.
  • Yup, if Lando was lead his whole team (minus Lumi) gets an extra +13 speed.
  • At this level it is pretty hard to find speed modes but i will try to delve more into it. By the way basically what is the difference between 4* Jyn and a 7* Jyn? Does not it affect all stats at all (hp, armor, damage, speed and so on)?
  • I don't know much about Jyn so i won't use her in my team ideals but
    Wedge (L) Biggs Lando chirrut and baze is a beast of a team

This. Gear up Chirrut and Baze (star levels aren't nearly as important for either of those two). Farm the other 3. Profit.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Arloth wrote: »
    At this level it is pretty hard to find speed modes but i will try to delve more into it. By the way basically what is the difference between 4* Jyn and a 7* Jyn? Does not it affect all stats at all (hp, armor, damage, speed and so on)?

hp and damage (to an extent). Damage is much more affected by gear level and mods. Speed is only affected by gear level and mods. Same for protection.
  • Arloth wrote: »
    At this level it is pretty hard to find speed modes but i will try to delve more into it. By the way basically what is the difference between 4* Jyn and a 7* Jyn? Does not it affect all stats at all (hp, armor, damage, speed and so on)?

Affects basic stats (STR, AGI and TAC), which in turn affect the important stuff. But with gear, both Baze and Chirrut are quite beastly regardless of how many stars they have, and a 4* Baze is generally a better character than most 7* tanks in the game. Of course, a 7* Baze is better than a 4* Baze, but that's not really what you're comparing him too, because nobody in your arena shard will have a 7* Baze for a long time to come (unless they spend obscene amounts of money).

The main downside of understarred chars is that you can't use them in certain parts of the game (mainly raids). But as long as you star other characters for that purpose, you're golden.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Star count will affect base modifiers, so health, damage, etc. With max gear you can compensate somewhat, which is why Baze + Chirrut can still be viable with 4*. If you have 7* pathfinder, you can use him as your tank. He has a lot of health in addition to self-reviving, plus he has aoe offense down and gives speed up when he dies. Your Ackbar as leadet will give speed boost to your rebels.

When Rogue One toons become farmable, you may want to revisit that team, but until then, you will probably want to branch out as others have said.

Was the Rogue One pack the limit of your spending? If you are planning on spending, buy crystals to use for cantina energy refreshes and gear from shipments. Even if not, in top 20, you should be getting enough to get buy. Try to avoid chromiums and other packs, because they are a huge gamble.
  • As others have said, you probably want to move to a Wiggs/Chaze/Lando team as soon as you can. If you are willing to keep spending some money you can buy Baze shards from shipments for 320 crystals per 4 shards whenever they show up.

If you want to keep competitive in the arena you need to buy at least two energy and two cantina refreshes per day, at a cost of 300 crystals. If you don't you will fall behind in levels which will keep you from keeping up with your opponents gear levels. You also need lots of speed on your arena team. That doesn't usually mean speed sets though, mostly speed comes from 4-5* arrows with speed primaries and from mods that started with speed secondaries that upgraded at least once, or better yet twice.

If you consistently rank at least in the top ten in arena you can afford your energy refreshes with free crystals, if you get well into the top five you should be able to keep your arena team geared with free crystals too. But only if you play every single day. If you slack off or fall behind then catching up is incredibly difficult without spending money.
  • First of all thank you very much for your detailed replies.

My idea was like this i had a budget which i could spend to lets say make a fast/good start into the game by forming a good arena team and as you have guessed trying to stay on top 5 so i could get a good amount of crystals as a reward so i could stop spending real money.

I could have bought more rogue one packs but there was a serious problem and it was not RNG. You can have a look at my inventory and understand. The character shards from r1 were not really random, i bought around 25 packs and after every pack i noted down which character shards i was getting.

Out of 10, 8 shards were always for either Bistan or Scarif. Thats way i have a 7* bistan & scarif but 4* for others. So just to get jyn 4* to 5* from buying the pack seemed like a big throw away as most of the excess shards would be waste. So i stopped buying from that pack.

My next idea was to reach top 5 in Jyn tournament so i have read up in this forum. To reach this goal i figured out that if i could have 5 different teams and spend around 15k ally point for each team i could reach top 5 which i did in the first 5-6 hours.

But meanwhile i was constantly dropping ranks in arena due to gearing and spending ability mk's on these other teams.

When the Jyn tournament finished i was rank 15 and was not able to 5* star jyn so that was a huge disappoint for me.

As you have stated now it is pretty hard to catch up in arena but trying to finish top 20 i will use those crystals for cantina and energy refreshes as they seem the better option to spend crystals.
  • So how many hundreds of dollars did you spend on Rogue One packs?
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    1 question... What is the level of the others around you that you are trying to compete with? May have been mentioned but if it was I missed it.

You being at level 60 means you are severely limited in gear levels and ability levels. Gear and ability levels can make a bigger difference than stars.
  • Midirataj
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    One question.
    Is it hard to click?:
    CHARACTERS -> baze/chirrut/jyn/cassian/kso -> FIND -> see they are in Chromium packs only.
    Thats the first thing i did after i installed the game and learn how to unlck champions in this games.
    It never ceases to amaze me how people even make 100€ with dead brain.
    Better throw money at it maybe it will go away...
    Besides.
    It's 2017 spending 100€ on a game doesn't unlock it.
    Thats general knowledge.
  • Midirataj wrote: »
    One question.
    Is it hard to click?:
    CHARACTERS -> baze/chirrut/jyn/cassian/kso -> FIND -> see they are in Chromium packs only.

But, alas, aside from Baze, they are NOT in Chromium packs...yet!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Keep baze and chirrut they are viable at lower stars, then get other characters to fill up your other spots. Something you can not forget about is gear, it's way more important than stars. I have a 4* shore and a 5* b2 in my squad but they have good gear and mods, and I place top 10-20 on my whale dominated December shard. I just switched my team up and am experimenting with what happens to teams with lower power, I dropped my squads power to 39k for fun and can still beat teams that are sitting at 45k which shows what synergy and gear can do.
  • @Midirataj
    1- I do search before i buy products wheter it's a rogue one pack or it's a laptop. Don't judge people you dont know about any idea. Those 5 toons are very well synergized and gets me to top 20 in arena which is good from my point of view. The only thing i did not search or know was i was not able to use them in higher tier raids.
    2- Those toons are not available in chromium packs so better you do a search before writing a post.
    3- I have worked pretty hard in my life to the title i came today and i'm earning good enough to be able to spend what i set in this game, and wheter it's 100dollar or 1000dollar as long as it's my money it's not your business.

@lukeroks
    I have found why i did fell a bit back in arena rating and started making improvements.
    -In my current shard there are people at level 68 and i am level 63.
    -Checked and saw that most people level 65+ have 4-5 rank modes, toons geared on g8 and most of them have abilities around 5-6.
    -The biggest problem i face is when i fight against a sthan, boba, biggs, lando, admiral teams because of lando or boba leadership boba plays 1st and ability locks my Jyn, Baze and Chirrut. After this point mostly game is over because when stromtrooper han taunts and whenever you have to attack him he provides maniac turn meter boosts so that lando can aoe down you 2x or 3x times.
    -I agree with you totally that if the enemy dont have boba + lando i win most of the games eventhough my squad power is lower.
    -I have now started working on my jedi team so that i can attend higher raids.

To be honest there should be an option in the game where or when you dont want to attack. For example this stromtrooper han case if he has taunt and you can't dispel it, attacking is a very silly idea as all of team members will get many turn meter.
  • Your money would be better spent on energy refreshes (normal/cantina). It's a rather vicious cycle where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, so you need to catch up to the top few guys as soon as possible if you want to remain competitive. And higher levels also unlock more features faster than you, such as your competitors start farming Wedge at level 69 and you still have no access to him. Once more of your competitors activate Wedge, your arena ranking is going to drop even more.

ST Han is more about turn meter manipulation than tanking.
  • Thanks Huatimus, very good points indeed.

I was wondering how some top 20 ppl got wedge and when i looked at his node, i understand that it was not possible until you got into higher level and started farming him. So some people bought him because he is really good especially with Biggs.

I have already stopped buying packs because their value regarding crystals are pretty low. You mostly dont get what you want.

I have now limited myself to 2 cantina / 3 energy refreshes per day.

Exactly but the problem is until taunt wears off from ST Han, and you don't have some who can dispel or is ability blocked chances are you have already lost the match. The counter to ST han - Boba - Lando does not seem to have much options. At lower levels i was able to play 1st with my Jyn and stun Boba, survive Lando aoe and win the match nowadays thats not possible due to Lando / Boba have a passive speed bonus which i will never pass with rogue one toons.

A) You may play shoretrooper if you have and he can grant critical immunity which will impact Lando's aoe damage down a lot
    B) You may play a toon who has faster speed than Boba and either ability lock/stun Boba so your team can use their abilities / dispels.

Other than these i dont see any counters to that kind of teams?

Also levelling faster is more important as you get new challange items which will make you gear your toons better&faster.
  • Spending money is not a tactic for the small budget. If you can't go fully in, you may aswell not bother as while you get 3-4* new releases, the whales will still be getting the 7*'s and you aren't going first. As to why they're unfarmable, well thats why theyre in pay-packs right now, for a temporary early access to those who can afford to not wait.

Refreshes is a much better use of crystals.